"Thingamajigs"

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: "Thingamajigs"
SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24334
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/3/2012 6:59:15 PM

President Obama's New 1 point plan to stimulate the nation’s economy...

Obama's answer to the new high unemployment numbers..Give folks $3,000 to buy "thingamajigs"

Friday President Obama told a group of Honeywell employees that with extra cash from a refinancing plan, some homeowner might “be replacing some thingamajig for their furnace.”

There Obama goes again picking winners and losers ...what's wrong with doohickeys?   What the American folks really need to do is replace the “thingamajig” in The White House.

                                           *********************

Note to any remaining Obama supporters : Obama hoodies are now marked down from $50 to $35......

 ..but if that is still out of your price range, they still have 550,000 Joe Biden can holders for just $10...

.Mmmm,mmm,mmm! Barack Hussein Obama..

No_Contest PM No_Contest
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1297
 
No_Contest
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:22:55 PM
darkhorse12 PM darkhorse12
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8304
 
darkhorse12
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:40:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

President Obama's New 1 point plan to stimulate the nation’s economy...

Obama's answer to the new high unemployment numbers..Give folks $3,000 to buy "thingamajigs"

Friday President Obama told a group of Honeywell employees that with extra cash from a refinancing plan, some homeowner might “be replacing some thingamajig for their furnace.”

There Obama goes again picking winners and losers ...what's wrong with doohickeys?   What the American folks really need to do is replace the “thingamajig” in The White House.

                                           *********************

Note to any remaining Obama supporters : Obama hoodies are now marked down from $50 to $35......

 ..but if that is still out of your price range, they still have 550,000 Joe Biden can holders for just $10...

.Mmmm,mmm,mmm! Barack Hussein Obama..

Well slim, it appears that you are just as bad as Obama as it seems you prefer "doohickeys" over "thingamajigs"

You know there are lots of other words that you left out such as "thingamabobs" and "watchamacallits" and I'm sure a few others but since you didn't mention them seems ,well, "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones " Just sayin.

SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24334
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/3/2012 7:57:09 PM
Actually..I asked what was wrong with doohickey's ?
 
I didn't say I favor them over thingamajibs... my personal preference is dojiggers..but I don't feel folks should be given money by the Gov. to go out and buy them..
 
darkhorse12 PM darkhorse12
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 8304
 
darkhorse12
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:19:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

Actually..I asked what was wrong with doohickey's ?
 
I didn't say I favor them over thingamajibs... my personal preference is dojiggers..but I don't feel folks should be given money by the Gov. to go out and buy them..
 

I would rather see taxpayers  given money by the govt to buy whatever rather than the people in congress giving our tax money to subsidise corporations who already make billions on their products.

SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24334
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:36:24 PM

"I would rather see taxpayers given money by the govt to buy whatever rather"

I would rather see lower taxes,then there would be less need for Govt. to give folks back their own money .. There is no such thing as government money - only taxpayer money...

rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:52:33 PM
Just let me keep my money from what I earn. If my wife and I were allowed to keep 90% of our income as opposed to 76% of our income we would have five to sevenhundred more dollars that we could spend. We might save some, but we would most likely treat it as disposable income buy more organic foods, make home improvements etc. I think that keynes was right that the poor use a higher percentage of disposable income, but the answer is not reducing disposable income of others to hand it out where it must suffer the inefficiency of govt beraucracy. If you want to support the middle class there is no better "stimulus" of allowing workers to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Posted using a mobile device.
rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 6/3/2012 8:58:26 PM
For markets a to operate effectively we need to realize that the disposable income of the middle and border middle/upper middle class will drive emerging sectors to health. If I had enough money right now I would buy a new hot water heater most likely solar, but I am living paycheck to paycheck, not possible now. if we had the ability to make choices about products and priorities with more disposable income it would be a serious boon.
People would be given the choice and ability to create a revival in American manufacturing if people could afford American products.
Posted using a mobile device.
SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24334
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/3/2012 9:19:28 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by rick3117:

For markets a to operate effectively we need to realize that the disposable income of the middle and border middle/upper middle class will drive emerging sectors to health. If I had enough money right now I would buy a new hot water heater most likely solar, but I am living paycheck to paycheck, not possible now. if we had the ability to make choices about products and priorities with more disposable income it would be a serious boon.
People would be given the choice and ability to create a revival in American manufacturing if people could afford American products.


The Government knows this ..but if they did what you suggest... folks wouldn't necessarily be buying the "thingamajibs' the President and Congressionals are gifted to promote.. 

dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27850
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:21:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by No_Contest:



 

really compelling stuff on this thread...
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27850
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 6/3/2012 10:25:51 PM
watch the liberals wackos get all upset over thingamagigs like how the rightwinged wackjobs get all mad anyone that brings up the long line of GW bush mispeaks or even mentions palin...

Reeks of partisan Spin divisiveness 
depeche2 PM depeche2
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
 
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 6/3/2012 11:52:34 PM
So, just to clarify, are the righties against the proposal at issue, or just against the use of the term 'thingamajig'?
SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24334
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/3/2012 11:54:40 PM

Too funny ...President Obama is speaking to a group employees at Honeywell  [the maker of programmable thermostats ] and without the TOTUS he doesn't know what it's called..

Obama's new campaign slogan 'I promise a thingamajig in every pot! '

SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24334
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:02:41 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by depeche2:

So, just to clarify, are the righties against the proposal at issue, or just against the use of the term 'thingamajig'?

It's pretty obvious Obama is trying to buy votes with his $3,000 proposal.. " Hope & Thingamajibs in 2012"

depeche2 PM depeche2
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
 
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:09:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

It's pretty obvious Obama is trying to buy votes with his $3,000 proposal.. " Hope & Thingamajibs in 2012"



He's not giving anybody $3,000.  It's a proposal that allows responsible homeowner's the ability to refinance their mortgage at current rates.  If Republicans have a problem with this, it's only because Obama came up with it first and is for it.  If Obama was against it, you can be damn well sure the Republicans would be touting it.  Obama should more more savvy.  If he wants Republican votes, he needs to be against it.  A little reverse psychology would work.
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51488
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:14:33 AM
If this is about offering 3k towards closing costs for people with ARM mortgages and not just another Obama bash thread from SS then I support it.

That 3k per family if they met certain requirements could be found easily by cutting out corporate freebies and have plenty left over.

I would rather have people who exhibit a payment history and want to be in a home be able to do so and pose less foreclosure risk than to give Exxon or Valero or GE a freebie.
SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24334
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:45:11 AM
Since Obama's housing plans have not lived up to their promise so far ....If this proposal passed, it would put a government guarantee on risky loans that are not government-covered today...
 
This plan would include underwater homeowners,who are current on their mortgages [ risky ] .. it's not the responsibility of taxpayers to bankroll a mortgage thingamajig payment cut ...
 
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51488
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 6/4/2012 12:58:26 AM
SS,

I think we understand things a little differently if this is indeed what you describe, and it isnt yet another of the numerous boring pokes at Obama.

If someone under HAMP is able to refinance their mortgage, the mortgage is not originated from the government, it is not serviced from the government nor is the PMI guaranteed from the government.

If the person is current on their mortgage and can lock in a longer term rate with a mere 3k of "risk" from the government, since THEY are also taxpayers and this reduces the risk of rate related foreclosures, how would that be considered a bad thing?

It potentially takes a risk off the future backs of the taxpayer and the housing market if rates do reverse.

So where is this government guarantee? Get past the use of a goofy term and see the value in giving a current, paying homeowner the opportunity to obtain a long term, safer mortgage product. 
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27850
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 6/4/2012 1:18:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

SS,

I think we understand things a little differently if this is indeed what you describe, and it isnt yet another of the numerous boring pokes at Obama.

If someone under HAMP is able to refinance their mortgage, the mortgage is not originated from the government, it is not serviced from the government nor is the PMI guaranteed from the government.

If the person is current on their mortgage and can lock in a longer term rate with a mere 3k of "risk" from the government, since THEY are also taxpayers and this reduces the risk of rate related foreclosures, how would that be considered a bad thing?

It potentially takes a risk off the future backs of the taxpayer and the housing market if rates do reverse.

So where is this government guarantee? Get past the use of a goofy term and see the value in giving a current, paying homeowner the opportunity to obtain a long term, safer mortgage product. 


surely you jest... there are those on this site that have little life or forms of entertainment or connection with people outside of yet another fabricated, desperate, far reaching poke at obama...  They would argue that it is their meaning of existence... not boring as you would try to characterize it
SarasotaSlim PM SarasotaSlim
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 24334
 
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 6/4/2012 8:28:04 PM

Wallstreetcappers,

You do understand what Obama is talking about in this proposal?
 
 It is an extention of HARP..not the original HARP..a revised addition to redistribute the wealth ...to be available to anyone who doesn't have Fannie- and Freddie-backed loans. Homeowners would be able to refinance into new, lower-interest loans backed by the FHA..a 100% taxpayer-backed guarantee ..
 
The law restricts the ability of the F.H.A. to refinance loans that exceed the value of the borrower’s home..
 
 
The new program would broaden the availability of government-backed mortgages to include many borrowers whose loans are held by private companies Allowing private companies to refi to people who's financial profiles are no longer strong enough to qualify or because their mortgage debts exceed the value of their homes..
 
 
These loans are considered riskier because borrowers have no equity to lose if they stop payments. [If the burden gets too heavy ..pack-up and leave] If the F.H.A. loses money on such loans, taxpayers could be on the hook. The program covers losses from fees on the loans it guarantees, but the FHA's reserves already are on the verge of exhaustion....
 
But,I see we do agree on one thing ..the use of thingamajig by Obama is a goofy term to be used by a President....
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27850
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 6/6/2012 2:46:50 AM
would you have preferred widgets?
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27850
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 6/8/2012 2:27:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by depeche2:



He's not giving anybody $3,000.  It's a proposal that allows responsible homeowner's the ability to refinance their mortgage at current rates.  If Republicans have a problem with this, it's only because Obama came up with it first and is for it.  If Obama was against it, you can be damn well sure the Republicans would be touting it.  Obama should more more savvy.  If he wants Republican votes, he needs to be against it.  A little reverse psychology would work.




Although Im not sure if it would work they have no clue what they are voting for, what they stand for or even who they stand behind...

trump, bachman, perry, cain, santorum...

but with romney at least it is easy to stomach because he has no clue what he stands for...  no thats really something to stand behind
14daroad PM 14daroad
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
 
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/8/2012 9:57:37 AM
So Obama stands in a Honeywell factory surrounded by boxes marked "Thermostat" and says "Thingamajig" and he's like so smart.

Oh, and a great orator too!
Stiln PM Stiln
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6424
 
Stiln
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/9/2012 3:14:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

So Obama stands in a Honeywell factory surrounded by boxes marked "Thermostat" and says "Thingamajig" and he's like so smart.

Oh, and a great orator too!


Yeah just a brilliant thread huh?

Pure substance....
14daroad PM 14daroad
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
 
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 6/11/2012 1:30:30 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Stiln:



Yeah just a brilliant thread huh?

Pure substance....

Coming from the guy whos political philosophy is articulated with cartoons.

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.