Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Have you joined the pro abortion movement today?
slikstiks99 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
slikstiks99
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5740
Location: Zambia
#26
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:35:31 PM

I had marijuana withdrawal symptoms at birth. They had to wean me off with Cheeto's, Fire flavored I believe.

quote
slikstiks99 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
slikstiks99
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5740
Location: Zambia
#27
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:41:21 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

planned parenthood is pro choice.  we are pro abortion. 

the link didn't mention crime, but to make the correlation between unwanted babies, drug dependent babies and shitty parents and crime, you may have to exercise in a little something some of us call, independent thought.  i'm not sure you're going to find a link to help you with that. 

I was thinking about this the other day. When you see people that are entirely dependent on the state, often times they have 3+ kids. If you are that poor there should be a strict 2 child policy, maybe even a 1 child. What is so wrong with this idea? Why do people have the right to burdern society with their reckless behavior?

This isn't the 1800's any longer. Social responsiblity is demanded in this day and age.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20890
Location: United States
#28
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:56:56 PM
silk, you and tilt could solve the world's problems.  i'd vote for you.
quote
Coppsguy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Coppsguy
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9280
Location: Wisconsin
#29
Posted: 5/1/2012 11:34:51 PM
^ kinda wished your mother would've had an abortion (kidding, kinda)
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23671
Location: United States
#30
Posted: 5/2/2012 1:46:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

the abortion rate among black women is roughly triple the national average.

And since if you're black you're more likely to commit a crime, you're ok with this outcome, right clubdirt?


Why even play the race card here?  not enough racist rhetoric vented towards trayvon threads?
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23671
Location: United States
#31
Posted: 5/2/2012 1:47:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Here's the thing:

a right winger opposed to abortion is often also opposed to the following:

-additional funding for welfare

-additional funding for state-run orphanage/adoption programs

-additional educational funding for afterschool programs

-additional funding for childcare programs

-additional funding for health care programs

statistically (because daroads comment on the racial disparity in abortions is correct) children whose parent would have been more likely to seek an abortion while disproportionally require the above.

What becomes the solution? It cannot be the old adage of 'don't get pregnant.' In real life, Superman cannot spin around the Earth and turn back time.

 



These are facts that I’m sure none of us like. But they’re facts, however uncomfortable.

 



quote
captjohn67 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Location: Alabama
#32
Posted: 5/2/2012 6:34:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I know this sounds extremely radical but quite honestly it had me thinking. Rick I find myself subscribing to your ideals more and more as I read your posts. 


Kind of scary because I may just have to move to West Va. Especially if it gets me to party with those Wonderful, Wild White's of West Virginia. Kidding about that. 

I know this will never happen in America but what a great way to motivate people to get above the poverty line if they want to have a kid. And if they don't have that desire then their ideals die with them. Not a bad way to go about things. 

Jesco  

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20890
Location: United States
#33
Posted: 5/2/2012 9:34:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Coppsguy:

^ kinda wished your mother would've had an abortion (kidding, kinda)


well, my parents did say i was a mistake (unplanned may be a better way to say it) and they were/are more pro abortion than me.  but unfortunately for some of you on here, i made it through anyway. 
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15413
Location: Pennsylvania
#34
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:00:10 AM
To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

-Thomas Jefferson
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15413
Location: Pennsylvania
#35
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:01:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I know this sounds extremely radical but quite honestly it had me thinking. Rick I find myself subscribing to your ideals more and more as I read your posts. 


Kind of scary because I may just have to move to West Va. Especially if it gets me to party with those Wonderful, Wild White's of West Virginia. Kidding about that. 

I know this will never happen in America but what a great way to motivate people to get above the poverty line if they want to have a kid. And if they don't have that desire then their ideals die with them. Not a bad way to go about things. 



rick was joking,,,,scary thought, doesn't seem like you were
quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13546
Location: United States
#36
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:18:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I know this sounds extremely radical but quite honestly it had me thinking. Rick I find myself subscribing to your ideals more and more as I read your posts. 


Kind of scary because I may just have to move to West Va. Especially if it gets me to party with those Wonderful, Wild White's of West Virginia. Kidding about that. 

I know this will never happen in America but what a great way to motivate people to get above the poverty line if they want to have a kid. And if they don't have that desire then their ideals die with them. Not a bad way to go about things. 

Why not just change it to those in the bottom 1/3rd of income in the country?

Want to take a guess as to how many non-sterilized people would be left?

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#37
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:21:03 AM

statistically (because daroads comment on the racial disparity in abortions is correct) children whose parent would have been more likely to seek an abortion while disproportionally require the above.

==================

Well, welfare is primarly funded by the states and the states have a lot of say in the other programs you mention since they are state run.

So how about this, why don't we try to make abortion rare, and if you have a baby you do your best to raise it on your own with family or charity support?

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#38
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:21:51 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



rick, don't fall into the trap of completely ignoring the women's right to choose aspect of the debate.  you're better than santorum. 

14daroad, i'm not going down that road with you.  save that for your next klan meeting.

So in other words, you're not going to publicly state what you privately believe and allude to in post after post.

Intellectual coward.

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#39
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:25:28 AM

What I don't understand is why anyone is even arguing about abortion access for those who are "shitty parents" or poor. The entire premise of the thread is false (and of course borne by ignorace).

There is no access problem to abortion in American and making silly accusations about Obama's budget doesn't make it so.

Facts:

Forty-two percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes below 100% of the federal poverty level ($10,830 for a single woman with no children).

Twenty-seven percent of women obtaining abortions have incomes between 100–199% of the federal poverty level.

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#40
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:27:31 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:



Why even play the race card here?  not enough racist rhetoric vented towards trayvon threads?

I'm not "playing the race card"

I'm pointing out that this poster wants a bunch of black babies to continue to be aborted.

That fact is uncomfortable to he and apparently you.

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15413
Location: Pennsylvania
#41
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:29:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

I'm not "playing the race card"

I'm pointing out that this poster wants a bunch of black babies to continue to be aborted.

That fact is uncomfortable to he and apparently you.



don't feed the trolls

facts


quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#42
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:31:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Why not just change it to those in the bottom 1/3rd of income in the country?

Want to take a guess as to how many non-sterilized people would be left?

Interesting thought.

I would start posting statistics on income mobility in America, but that would probably cause people to re-think their positions and there is no indication anyone wants to do that.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20890
Location: United States
#43
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:33:38 AM
14daroad, you can get mad all you want, but i did address your lack of comprehension and attempt to take the thread down the more racist path that you are more comfortable with in post 17.  the fact that you can't understand things that don't fall into your very limited view of things is something i can't control.  that's what foxnews is for. 
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20890
Location: United States
#44
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:35:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

14daroad, you can get mad all you want, but i did address your lack of comprehension and attempt to take the thread down the more racist path that you are more comfortable with in post 17.  the fact that you can't understand things that don't fall into your very limited view of things is something i can't control.  that's what foxnews is for. 


post 24.  have your mom read it to you and maybe for once you can respond to something a person actually says as opposed to what you want it to mean. 
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#45
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:40:48 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

14daroad, you can get mad all you want, but i did address your lack of comprehension and attempt to take the thread down the more racist path that you are more comfortable with in post 17.  the fact that you can't understand things that don't fall into your very limited view of things is something i can't control.  that's what foxnews is for. 

You fail to grasp that policy choices have consequences.

You don't want to talk about said consequences.

There is a reason for that.

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#46
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:41:37 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



post 24.  have your mom read it to you and maybe for once you can respond to something a person actually says as opposed to what you want it to mean. 

What you also fail to grasp is there is no access problem to abortion in America.

The entire premise of your posts is false.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20890
Location: United States
#47
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:42:54 AM
all i've talked about are the consequences- costs, crime, more people in the programs dj mentioned, more government, more law enforcement, more prisons, etc.

this is what i'm talking about.  i don't know why you respond to stuff when you don't read what you are allegedly responding to. 
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20890
Location: United States
#48
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:45:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

What you also fail to grasp is there is no access problem to abortion in America.

The entire premise of your posts is false.



that's not my whole or even part of my premise. i never said there is an access problem.  i don't know if there is or isn't with regard to every women who wants an abortion.  but i do know there are people who want to restrict abortions or eliminate them altogether and we reject that.

do other people in your life have to always correct you and spell garbage out for you or is it just us on here?
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15413
Location: Pennsylvania
#49
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:46:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

it doesn't make sense to limit funding for those programs dj mentioned but to keep feeding people into those programs by restricting abortions.  that's the pseudo conservative position.  we're going to pay one way or another.  if not into education and prevention, then we pay to make government, law enforcement bigger and to build more prisons.  why we insist on spending so much money on law enforcement, prisons, government, etc. at the expense or education and treatment/prevention is beyond me. 

14daroad's race stats may be true but my position is that people who want abortions should get them regardless of race.  kids growing up in the environment i mentioned above often turn out bad regardless of race.  nobody should have more or less access and right to an abortion due to race.  i would argue it's more of a socioeconomic issue but in relation to my abortion position, it's irrelevant.  everyone gets the same choice and access.  


club, i can't speak for 14daroad, but personally, i think where your argument falters, is when you make this false assumption

but don't mind me, i would LOVE to hear the lawyers bicker about how us working folk should pay for whatever the flavor of the day 'problem' is



quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20890
Location: United States
#50
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:51:08 AM
be, what's false about it.  i'm not saying you should pay for other people's abortions.  i'm happy if part of my tax money goes there, but you shouldn't have to pay for it.  however, in our current, system, i believe we are going to pay one way or another.  unwanted babies and babies who otherwise aren't properly taken care of often end up in the system.  i've seen it over and over.  i don't know how else one can view that.  and when those people end up in the system, either getting benefits or going to prison or wherever else. that costs money.  who pays for it? 
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.