Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Glenn Beck's Rumors of War 3
FrontRowCenter send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
FrontRowCenter
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 6467
Location: Florida
#1
Posted: 4/29/2012 1:03:57 PM

 "It is Glenn Beck’s Rumors of War 3 which I believe goes into great detail about how the Muslim Brotherhood has been given access to our government and as a result our country. "

http://www.therightscoop.com/sunday-ot-and-matinee-glenn-becks-rumors-of-war-3/

Watch with an open mind.

Left wing nuts, watch it before u bash it......

 

quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#2
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:16:10 PM
I watched ten minutes and had a couple of questions come to mind. First, why do these Islamist groups want to attack us? Second, when did this desire to attack us start? Third, what can we do to change their ideals?

I have my own personal answers for all of these questions but I am curious to know what you're are?
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
AcerRubrum
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
Location:
#3
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:24:17 PM
Third, what can we do to change their ideals?

NOTHING .......
quote
D_Unit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
D_Unit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2642
Location: Texas
#4
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:33:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AcerRubrum:

Third, what can we do to change their ideals?

NOTHING .......


I went to college w/ this muslim girl who had recently converted to christianity. Her family cursed her, disowned her, and won't even speak to her. It's really sad that they could disown their own flesh and blood. That is a scarey idealistic religion.
quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4675
Location: United States
#5
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:01:54 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by D_Unit:



I went to college w/ this muslim girl who had recently converted to christianity. Her family cursed her, disowned her, and won't even speak to her. It's really sad that they could disown their own flesh and blood. That is a scarey idealistic religion.

I would call her family moderate.
If they were old school Muslims she would be sleeping with the
 fishes.
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#6
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:20:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

I watched ten minutes and had a couple of questions come to mind. First, why do these Islamist groups want to attack us? Second, when did this desire to attack us start? Third, what can we do to change their ideals?

I have my own personal answers for all of these questions but I am curious to know what you're are?


I would be interested to see what frc has as answers... my guess it that "another poster" will answer the question however
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7618
Location: Texas
#7
Posted: 4/29/2012 3:46:03 PM
The movie had me until the last 2 minutes. Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a hero to the jihadists, fighting for totalitarian Muslim rule and former president Ronald Reagan is the hero of the crusaders fighting for colonialism and dominionism. They are both terrorists in my eyes.

I want NO part of this war between Islam and Christianity. The crusades never ended, it just took a different form. Ron Paul is the only politician alive that understands that the only reason there is a war on terrorism is the US acting as the world police.

Get all the US troops from every country home and stay out of everyone else’s business. Every time the US kills Muslim’s, it’s recruiting propaganda for the Jihadists. As long as the US has bases on every country, it’s recruiting propaganda for the Jihadists. Every time the US has US troops on Holy Land, it’s recruiting propaganda for the Jihadists.

As long as the US has troops overseas and are the world police crusaders fighting for colonialism and dominionism, this war will never end, they will continue the drum beat and both sides will be responsible.
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20210
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:21:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

I watched ten minutes and had a couple of questions come to mind. First, why do these Islamist groups want to attack us? Second, when did this desire to attack us start? Third, what can we do to change their ideals?

I have my own personal answers for all of these questions but I am curious to know what you're are?


someone, i think rick, posted a brief but good video of the US's meddling in iran.  it was illustrative of the US's continual tendency to get involved in these middle eastern countries, exploit them for our own gain, piss the people off, sometimes help to install a government or group that is worse than the previous one, leave it much worse than when we got there and basically take a short term approach for our immediate gain without any consideration for the long term ramifications for the people who live thre and the resulting hatred towards us. 

our government is the same there as it is here.  they care only about themselves, do what they need to do to accomplish their immediate goals and are too dumb or just don't give a shot about long term ramifications.  and then they just tell the average idiot that muslims are evil, christians are good and that explains everything.   
quote
glenndef62
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#9
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:59:19 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Ktrain:

I watched ten minutes and had a couple of questions come to mind. First, why do these Islamist groups want to attack us? Second, when did this desire to attack us start? Third, what can we do to change their ideals?

I have my own personal answers for all of these questions but I am curious to know what you're are?

No disrepect, but I think I know your answer to your question.

I'm gonna go out on a limb.

Who is "We're to blame", Alex?

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20210
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:14:30 PM
to your typical rightwinger, use of allocated brain cells beyond, brown skin bad, white skin good and muslim bad, christian good, is just not part of the program.  as a result, not only will answers to ktrain's questions evade them but so will the reasons for asking them.  the good question isn't why they hate us but why wouldn't they hate us. 

here's the video that i think rick posted.  it's obviously short and just scratches the surface but it's a start.

there are mroe examples and more countries in which we have intervened than i can name.

however, read up on our history in afghanistan and what we did to enable the taliban and bin laden.

read the book The Prize about what we did to exploit these countries for their oil and how we treated them

read about our history in iraq with saddam and others.

read about our history with saudi arabia. 

learn some history.

if you are a santorum republican, don't get left out, have someone read to you. 
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14207
Location:
#11
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:15:13 PM
Here is that video 
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49618
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:55:19 PM
Does anyone need to click on the link to know what the content is going to be?

Glennnnn is selling his wares here, same dramatic, biased conclusions.

I will pass wasting time listening to his fear campaign today.
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#13
Posted: 4/29/2012 8:06:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

No disrepect, but I think I know your answer to your question.

I'm gonna go out on a limb.

Who is "We're to blame", Alex?


I do have to say that if a country from the middle east and set up shop in our country, or happened to set up like 40 bases surrounding our country, it would probably put me a little on nerve. 

Not only that but the U.S. has had how much influence in trying to determine who runs the governments of theses countries? 

I don't think that withdrawing from the Middle East, like Ron Paul speaks about, would be a bad thing. 

Or we could just sit back and watch Obama/Romney invade Iran next and keep the war machine going. Just my opinion. 
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#14
Posted: 4/29/2012 8:07:43 PM
*came and set up shop.....

darn I really need to start proof reading my posts. Sorry for that. 
quote
darkhorse12
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
darkhorse12
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7653
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 4/29/2012 8:51:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

Does anyone need to click on the link to know what the content is going to be?

Glennnnn is selling his wares here, same dramatic, biased conclusions.

I will pass wasting time listening to his fear campaign today.

Evidently money means everything in that family. Like uncle, like nephew.

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:05:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

No disrepect, but I think I know your answer to your question.

I'm gonna go out on a limb.

Who is "We're to blame", Alex?



as predicted...  "another poster" comes in to answer the question as if speaking for FRC...

Typical KKroger discussion...


The were to blame comment tho sounds like the reluctant and resentful tone taken in situations where GW is responsible...

For certain groups of people the concept of accountability and personal responsibility is not something they can process... thus the reliance on scapegoating

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23542
Location: United States
#17
Posted: 4/29/2012 9:15:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:


I do have to say that if a country from the middle east and set up shop in our country, or happened to set up like 40 bases surrounding our country, it would probably put me a little on nerve. 

Not only that but the U.S. has had how much influence in trying to determine who runs the governments of theses countries? 

I don't think that withdrawing from the Middle East, like Ron Paul speaks about, would be a bad thing. 

Or we could just sit back and watch Obama/Romney invade Iran next and keep the war machine going. Just my opinion. 


but what 21st century politics has shown us is that devoting alot of attention, fear and concern  about middle eastern countries and being a "war time president" results in an emperor like rule of the executive branch as well as the power to devote trillions of dollars and as much resource and lives as they feel fit with no accountability to their blank check spending...

I am for Ron Paul as everyone knows as he is most conservative candidate (most conservative on spending, wars/occupation, wasting of resources/lives)

but I fail to see why romney/obama would not invade iraq and create as much global friction as possible as it create a smoke screen to other issues and allow the executive branch to seize more power...

At least that what 21st century history has shown us...

Bush Sr was considered a wimp because he was more conservative in his choices and style of diplomacy...  and ended up being a one term president as he base prefers the reckless and senseless spending in the name of saber rattling that made Bush Jr a two term president...

I hear what you saying logically ktrain, but based on 21st century history that is how the emperor seizes the power... so what is to stop obama/romney from doing what is simply the natural thing to do based on precedent?


quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#18
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:11:18 PM
I agree with what you say dl. The only thing stopping them is people finally getting sick of war, and the people who profit from it.

It's going to take voting in Ron Paul, or someone like him. It's also going to take ensuring that elections aren't rigged and that the media and supreme court are not influencing or even determining our electoral process.

I'm not sure that is possible anymore in America, at least not right now. Things aren't bad enough for the general populace to want to make changes.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
darkhorse12
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
darkhorse12
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7653
Location: United States
#19
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:30:02 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Ktrain:

I agree with what you say dl. The only thing stopping them is people finally getting sick of war, and the people who profit from it.

It's going to take voting in Ron Paul, or someone like him. It's also going to take ensuring that elections aren't rigged and that the media and supreme court are not influencing or even determining our electoral process.

I'm not sure that is possible anymore in America, at least not right now. Things aren't bad enough for the general populace to want to make changes.

IMO it's not that"things aren't bad enough" but people are oblivious to the facts.

quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#20
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:38:35 PM
People are oblivious to the facts because this doesn't affect their daily lives....yet. But let's be honest, as bad as things are it doesn't affect us on a day to day basis yet. We're not waiting two hours in breadlines or having to walk everywhere because gas is finally expensive enough that we can't/won't buy it.

It's pretty sad but most people know more about reality tv or what Kim Kardashian is doing than the state of our country.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
darkhorse12
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
darkhorse12
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7653
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:59:12 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Ktrain:

People are oblivious to the facts because this doesn't affect their daily lives....yet. But let's be honest, as bad as things are it doesn't affect us on a day to day basis yet. We're not waiting two hours in breadlines or having to walk everywhere because gas is finally expensive enough that we can't/won't buy it.

It's pretty sad but most people know more about reality tv or what Kim Kardashian is doing than the state of our country.

Funny you should mention reality tv ,lol! the american pickers were in my hometown today. Actually across the street from where I live. I sold mike wolfe a tank from an old columbia bicycle.lol!!

 

quote
glenndef62
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#22
Posted: 4/30/2012 10:34:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

*came and set up shop.....

darn I really need to start proof reading my posts. Sorry for that. 

First, why do these Islamist groups want to attack us?

 

Who knows?  I’ll certainly admit we have our faults. Don’t think it’s the majority of the the Islamic peoples who want to attack. I don’t think the Islamic radicals are very “tolerant”. No exactly a stunning revelation.

Perhaps nature has instilled an aggressive gene, that I’ll bet both you and I deny having, and, that perhaps can never be completely extinguished.  

 

 

 Second, when did this desire to attack us start?

 

My guess is around 600 AD. Islam has been (not that we haven’t) an aggressive and expansionists’ culture since its inception.

 

 

Third, what can we do to change their ideals?

 

We can let them know that we prefer dialogue first, but they’ll pay a high price if they use force or terrorism.

 

I really need to start proof reading my posts

 

You’re very articulate. Don’t think that would be necessary.

 

quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#23
Posted: 4/30/2012 11:30:59 AM
Glendef,

I realize the crusades are probably a sore spot for islamist through out history. America has primarily been a Christian oriented country since its inception. I know we based this country on a freedom of religion, but it's been primarily Christian.

It only seems like we see response and aggression from the Muslim world when America does something in their world. Exploiting Iran's resources and oil, installing the Shah, building marine barracks in Lebanon, staying in Saudi Arabia after the Persian Gulf War.

It seems like every Islamist attack is in response to an action from America in their part the world. Maybe I'm missing something but have they attacked us without provocation? Was there an attack after we left Lebanon but before we stayed in Saudi Arabia acted the gulf war? I don't remember one if there was. Why didn't we see any attacks until the Iranian hostage crisis?

I just think that if we withdrew from the area, both militarily and in terms of foreign aid, it would be better for America. I'm all for focusing on building our own nation instead of others.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4058
Location: Greece
#24
Posted: 4/30/2012 11:42:45 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:



I would be interested to see what frc has as answers... my guess it that "another poster" will answer the question however

95%

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4058
Location: Greece
#25
Posted: 4/30/2012 11:43:26 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:



as predicted...  "another poster" comes in to answer the question as if speaking for FRC...

Typical KKroger discussion...


The were to blame comment tho sounds like the reluctant and resentful tone taken in situations where GW is responsible...

For certain groups of people the concept of accountability and personal responsibility is not something they can process... thus the reliance on scapegoating

96%

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.