Left and Right

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Left and Right
ApacheM PM ApacheM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 14473
Texas
 
ApacheM
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 9:36:27 AM
 Subject: Left and Right
 
Left & Right:
 I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right"
 and Liberals are called the "left."
 By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
 "The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
 But the heart of the fool to the left."
 Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
 Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.
 Can't get any simpler than that. 
 
Spelling Lesson:
 The last four letters in American..........I Can
 The last four letters in Republican.......I Can 
 
The last four letters in Democrats.........Rats
 End of lesson. Test to follow November, 2012
 Remember, November is to be set aside as rodent extermination month.
glenndef62 PM glenndef62
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Massachusetts
 
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 10:11:54 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ApacheM:

 Subject: Left and Right
 
Left & Right:
 I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right"
 and Liberals are called the "left."
 By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
 "The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
 But the heart of the fool to the left."
 Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
 Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.
 Can't get any simpler than that. 
 
Spelling Lesson:
 The last four letters in American..........I Can
 The last four letters in Republican.......I Can 
 
The last four letters in Democrats.........Rats
 End of lesson. Test to follow November, 2012
 Remember, November is to be set aside as rodent extermination month.

glenndef62 PM glenndef62
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Massachusetts
 
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 10:15:37 AM

"If you're not liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not conservative when you're older, you have no brain." 

.....only a self-rightous sense of intellectual and moral superiority.

AcerRubrum PM AcerRubrum
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
 
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 10:57:42 AM
...and thus OBAMA in '08 

Enter the Young  (...and dumb)....although they probably thought the HOPE and CHANGE had a different meaning  ....they assumed!
canovsp PM canovsp
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5702
United States
 
canovsp
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 11:33:50 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ApacheM:

 Subject: Left and Right
 
Left & Right:
 I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right"
 and Liberals are called the "left."
 By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
 "The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
 But the heart of the fool to the left."
 Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
 Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.
 Can't get any simpler than that. 
 
Spelling Lesson:
 The last four letters in American..........I Can
 The last four letters in Republican.......I Can 
 
The last four letters in Democrats.........Rats
 End of lesson. Test to follow November, 2012
 Remember, November is to be set aside as rodent extermination month.

I predict outrage from the RATS 
ApacheM PM ApacheM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 14473
Texas
 
ApacheM
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 1:31:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by canovsp:


I predict outrage from the RATS 
 You Think????????
Coppsguy PM Coppsguy
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9280
Wisconsin
 
Coppsguy
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 11:40:21 PM
What no Covers Libs to poo-poo this
Coppsguy PM Coppsguy
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9280
Wisconsin
 
Coppsguy
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 11:44:05 PM
I suppose there to busy starting Anti-Zimmerman or Anti-Angela Corey threads....



No_Contest PM No_Contest
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1288
Mississippi
 
No_Contest
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/11/2012 11:56:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ApacheM:

 Subject: Left and Right
 
Left & Right:
 I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right"
 and Liberals are called the "left."
 By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
 "The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
 But the heart of the fool to the left."
 Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
 Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.
 Can't get any simpler than that. 
 
Spelling Lesson:
 The last four letters in American..........I Can
 The last four letters in Republican.......I Can 
 
The last four letters in Democrats.........Rats
 End of lesson. Test to follow November, 2012
 Remember, November is to be set aside as rodent extermination month.
So the Republican Party is the party of "Religious & Family Values",but yet your official spokesperson and anointed leader Rush Limbubba is strung out on oxycotin,currently on his 4th wife, and he does not have any children, but this is the guy that preach "family values" to the lil gullible sheep daily and they eat that garbage up.
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27614
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 12:16:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Coppsguy:

What no Covers Libs to poo-poo this


I am trying to think of who even are the Libs on this...
Donjuan... CD...
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27614
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 12:19:16 AM
apache is a quality poster that gets and deserves respect...

You dont see him having a melt down and going on a "bump tantrum", or getting all creepy and obsessive...

respect for class
respect our elders
bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 12:56:22 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:



I am trying to think of who even are the Libs on this...
Donjuan... CD...DL36

dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27614
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 1:31:45 AM
you are trying so hard


at what I have absolutely no idea


Why dont you respect Apache and his thread and leave what ever personal issues you have me out of it...


typical bowslit..

MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8281
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 2:06:26 AM
Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
~ John Stuart Mill

“The search for truth and knowledge is one of the finest attributes of man-though often it is most loudly voiced by those who strive for it the least.”
~ Albert Einstein

“Of all the communities available to us, there is not one I would want to devote myself to except for the society of the true seekers, which has very few living members at any one time.”
~ Albert Einstein

“The value of an education in a liberal arts college is not the learning of many facts, but the training of the mind to think something that cannot be learned from textbooks.”
~ Albert Einstein

glenndef62 PM glenndef62
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Massachusetts
 
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 3:32:30 AM

The trouble with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money'?……Margaret Thatcher.

 

 Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results…….. Albert Einstein

MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8281
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 4:59:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

The trouble with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money'?……Margaret Thatcher.

 

 Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results…….. Albert Einstein

You know that Einstein was a liberal socialist right. 

Einstein was in favor of reform and open to new ideas for progress which is the definition of a liberal. That quote applies to conservatives who are for traditional views and values and tending to oppose change and is reluctant to change or consider new ideas. As in doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”
~ Albert Einstein

“In order to be a perfect member of a flock of sheep, one has to be, foremost, a sheep.”
~ Albert Einstein


glenndef62 PM glenndef62
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Massachusetts
 
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 9:34:06 AM

Conservatives believe in free markets.

Free markets spark new ideas.

Free markets have given us automobiles, washers, dryers and the computers we’re using now.

Free markets have lifted more people out of poverty than socialism has cast in to.

“…open to new ideas for progress which is the definition of a liberal.”

Liberals believe in collectivism.

Liberals believe in socialism.

Too bad socialism isn’t a new idea.

 

“A whitty saying proves nothing.”…….Voltaire

don juan PM don juan
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 5433
Florida
 
don juan
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:28:14 AM

Apache, proper translation Ecclesiastes 10:2

"A wise person chooses the correct road, a fool takes the wrong one."  

 If people were really serious about the Word of God, they would know that Jesus said that the greatest Commanments are two. Love God with all your heart, and Love thy neighbour as thyself.  Think about it.. If we all followed just these two, there would be, no wars, no hatred, no murder, no abuse, no greed.

bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:40:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by don juan:

Apache, proper translation Ecclesiastes 10:2

"A wise person chooses the correct road, a fool takes the wrong one."  

 

Isn't that what Apachem was saying in post #1?

bowlslit PM bowlslit
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5625
Greece
 
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:53:33 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by No_Contest:

So the Republican Party is the party of "Religious & Family Values",but yet your official spokesperson and anointed leader Rush Limbubba is strung out on oxycotin,currently on his 4th wife, and he does not have any children, but this is the guy that preach "family values" to the lil gullible sheep daily and they eat that garbage up.

Rush has alot of followers but I don't think he is the official spokesperson of the party.

Gov. Christie has more influence on the party than Limbaugh who is just a talking head.

Rosie Odonnell once had a lot of supporters, but that doesn't make her the spokesperson for liberals....Thank God!

DiscoD69 PM DiscoD69
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7937
Canada
 
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:07:23 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

 

Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
~ John Stuart Mill




There it is 

They're now calling it "low effort thinking" 
don juan PM don juan
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 5433
Florida
 
don juan
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 1:29:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bowlslit:

Isn't that what Apachem was saying in post #1?

 

NO, that's not what he was saying, read it again my friend.

mattbrot PM mattbrot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6577
United States
 
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 1:36:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Coppsguy:

What no Covers Libs to poo-poo this


do you really think that the original post in this thread even needs to be commented on?

Citing a bible verse and then commenting on the meaning of the last 4 letters of a political party


DiscoD69 PM DiscoD69
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7937
Canada
 
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/12/2012 2:26:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mattbrot:



do you really think that the original post in this thread even needs to be commented on?

Citing a bible verse and then commenting on the meaning of the last 4 letters of a political party



MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8281
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:49:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

Conservatives believe in free markets.

Free markets spark new ideas.

Free markets have given us automobiles, washers, dryers and the computers we’re using now.

Free markets have lifted more people out of poverty than socialism has cast in to.

“…open to new ideas for progress which is the definition of a liberal.”

Liberals believe in collectivism.

Liberals believe in socialism.

Too bad socialism isn’t a new idea.

 

“A whitty saying proves nothing.”…….Voltaire

Well you’re half right and half wrong. I believe in a combination of ideas. That’s why I tend to lean towards libertarianism. I like capitalism and liberalism.

I have yet to meet a single liberal that thinks or talks alike but most conservatives act like brainwashed cloned sheep that hate sociology, philosophy, liberal arts, equality, multiculturalism, and progression.

All I know is the democratic party has recycled bad ideas and the republican party has no new ideas but wants to indoctrinate me at gun point. I’m trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea.

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
~ Albert Einstein

Obama had tried to be different and thrown money at things but everything he throws at the wall never sticks.

Obama 2012: The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Romney 2012: Regression, you can't teach an (G Old” P) dog new tricks.

“Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt.”
~ Eric Sevareid

“One wanders to the left, another to the right. Both are equally in error, but are seduced by different delusions.”
~ Horace

The only way things change is if five hundred and thirty-five Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, and John Stossel fans take over congress.

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.