Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Yo Obama, WTF is your PROBLEM?!
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#1
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:05:23 PM
What is he doing? What does he have against states rights? Completely ignorant and wasteful use of public resources...

"The president as a candidate promised to maintain a hands-off approach toward pot clinics that adhere to state law."

quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#2
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:07:12 PM
That BS quote is a link 
quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20527
Location: United States
#3
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:09:14 PM
yea, i've posted about this before.  i have no idea what obama is thinking with this. 
quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#4
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:40:47 PM

"States with medical marijuana laws have chosen to embrace an approach that is based on science, reason, and compassion. We are lawmakers from these states," the lawmakers explained in their letter.

based on tax receipts

 

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#5
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:48:10 PM
I think Obama is wrong with this stuff, but i also think {and am not sticking up for him} that top law enforcement people are pressuring him to do this stuff, due to the fact that they make alot of money keeping drugs illegal.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7742
Location: Texas
#6
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:48:52 PM
The video at the bottom pissed me off. I noticed a lot of D's next to those names. All the people for legalization voted for him and all the people for criminalization voted for him. Obama is a centrist.

He tries to play both sides. Ron Paul was going to gut the DEA's power. Too bad nobody listened to him because he is the only politician that could have fixed ALL of this mess we are in.

I have a pot head Obama supporter as a smoking buddy and he told me that Obama is going to do everything he promised in his second term because the first four years were about getting small things done.

He believes Obama cannot be pro marijuana and win re-election. He thinks that when Obama gets a second term that he won't have to worry about pissing voters off and can change things without fear of of not getting re-elected. That's his theory. 

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
~Abraham Lincoln
quote
OakleyDoak
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
OakleyDoak
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1092
Location: Ohio
#7
Posted: 4/2/2012 7:00:30 PM
Since we're a UNION, should there be different laws for different states ?
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#8
Posted: 4/2/2012 7:11:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:

I think Obama is wrong with this stuff, but i also think {and am not sticking up for him} that top law enforcement people are pressuring him to do this stuff, due to the fact that they make alot of money keeping drugs illegal.


Absolutely CD. It's part of the machine. I actually think it's partially the power of police unions if I had to guess. Not solely, but we can be assured they are behind the scenes HEAVILY lobbying for the continuation of prohibition. In fact escalation, if the article is anything to go by. 

You know I am typically stringent in my pro-union stance, especially as opposed to management. However, when it comes to unions getting in the way of justice and common sense (fighting the green movement & supporting war on drugs for example) I have to speak out against what I see to be unjust behaviour.

Although, unions aren't really to blame because they are not the ones who actually make the decisions. President after president it never ends. Forget about congress. Elected officials continue to make the same mistake. Hold them to account. They are to the ones to blame for this, and it starts at the top; which is why this thread is about Obama, and yet another broken promise. He has the power to change this. These are decisions his administration is choosing to make. Despite his campaign promise not to do so.
 
Which is even more disgraceful considering all of the surrounding circumstances we find ourselves in today, socially and economically. Spend money usefully or don't spend it at all. 
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#9
Posted: 4/2/2012 7:21:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

The video at the bottom pissed me off. I noticed a lot of
D's next to those names. All the people for legalization voted for him and all the people for criminalization voted for him. Obama is a centrist.

He tries to play both sides. Ron Paul was going to gut the DEA's power. Too bad nobody listened to him because he is the only politician that could have fixed ALL of this mess we are in.

I have a pot head Obama supporter as a smoking buddy and he told me that Obama is going to do everything he promised in his second term because the first four years were about getting small things done.

He believes Obama cannot be pro marijuana and win re-election. He thinks that when Obama gets a second term that he won't have to worry about pissing voters off and can change things without fear of of not getting re-elected. That's his theory. 

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
~Abraham Lincoln

Money 

As for the bolded... I used to hold onto that hope, but by all indications he is more of a corporate stooge than progressive, which means in his second term he is more likely to do things like approve the TC pipeline instead of anything that we would actually want.

I honestly do hope your friend is right. We'll see...
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#10
Posted: 4/2/2012 7:51:41 PM
So now the Left cares about state rights. 
Brilliant. 

Way to quote Abraham Lincoln when discussing states rights.
Again Brilliant 

The federal govt. does not have the right to prohibit Marijuana, but you have to understand that it is the same powers being usurped from the Constitution that give them the "right" to demand that you purchase health care.  

They do not have the power to spy on us, or detain us without trial, but it is allowing them to do so, that gives them the green light to bypass congress on the way to war. 

It is all connected. 


quote
FriedShrimp send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
FriedShrimp
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 20685
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 4/2/2012 8:21:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

So now the Left cares about state rights. 
Brilliant. 

Way to quote Abraham Lincoln when discussing states rights.
Again Brilliant 

The federal govt. does not have the right to prohibit Marijuana, but you have to understand that it is the same powers being usurped from the Constitution that give them the "right" to demand that you purchase health care.  

They do not have the power to spy on us, or detain us without trial, but it is allowing them to do so, that gives them the green light to bypass congress on the way to war. 

It is all connected. 


You obviously are not familiar with the Left.

They also support pretty much all forms of liberties and freedoms.

quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21571
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 4/2/2012 8:30:46 PM
Quote Abraham Lincoln when discussing states rights..ROLF ...too funny .....
quote
TILTOLOGIC
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
TILTOLOGIC
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 4951
Location: Uganda
#13
Posted: 4/2/2012 8:38:42 PM
Nothing more than first term politics...

Too easy to attack a perceived "liberal socialist" like Obama about crime and what not... Soft and liberal on weed is not a winner for Obama. By cracking down he can say hey look here...

I would expect the administration to act differently in the future assuming they get term #2.

Obama doesn't give a flying darn about his liberal base. He knows they WILL NEVER LEAVE HIM. He has nothing to gain from you losers because you will always be there. He could start 2 more wars and make a dime bag possession a felony and you clowns would still fall in line. You are sheep. He knows this and acts accordingly. He is playing a game to win.

You gotta remember this man has major daddy issues. He doesn't strive or care to please those that already love him. This comes out plain as day in his politics too...

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 4/2/2012 8:39:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


Absolutely CD. It's part of the machine. I actually think it's partially the power of police unions if I had to guess. Not solely, but we can be assured they are behind the scenes HEAVILY lobbying for the continuation of prohibition. In fact escalation, if the article is anything to go by. 

You know I am typically stringent in my pro-union stance, especially as opposed to management. However, when it comes to unions getting in the way of justice and common sense (fighting the green movement & supporting war on drugs for example) I have to speak out against what I see to be unjust behaviour.

Although, unions aren't really to blame because they are not the ones who actually make the decisions. President after president it never ends. Forget about congress. Elected officials continue to make the same mistake. Hold them to account. They are to the ones to blame for this, and it starts at the top; which is why this thread is about Obama, and yet another broken promise. He has the power to change this. These are decisions his administration is choosing to make. Despite his campaign promise not to do so.
 
Which is even more disgraceful considering all of the surrounding circumstances we find ourselves in today, socially and economically. Spend money usefully or don't spend it at all. 


I agree, there is so much power and money involved in keeping drugs illegal, its actually sickening.  With everything, there is always more money to be made having something illegal, then just making it legal.
I agree police unions love seeing this garbage staying illegal, but its the law enforcement top dogs who dont want to lose any power, who make things happen.
The drug czar, former buffalo police chief, gil something is bigtime against making pot legal and he has a lot of power in this administration, really going against what Obama said he was gonna do.

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 4/2/2012 8:43:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

So now the Left cares about state rights. 
Brilliant. 

Way to quote Abraham Lincoln when discussing states rights.
Again Brilliant 

The federal govt. does not have the right to prohibit Marijuana, but you have to understand that it is the same powers being usurped from the Constitution that give them the "right" to demand that you purchase health care.  

They do not have the power to spy on us, or detain us without trial, but it is allowing them to do so, that gives them the green light to bypass congress on the way to war. 

It is all connected. 




I sure hope you dont lump me in there, because theres alot of things i disagree with democrats on and theres alot of things i disagree with republicans on. I try to take the sides that is for the people, no matter which party is on it.

Forcing healthcare on people is wrong and spying on us with newer and newer technologies is way wrong. I hope am dead and gone before they start putting chips inside everybody, so they can know exactly where you are at all times

quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7742
Location: Texas
#16
Posted: 4/2/2012 9:22:17 PM
I used the quote as a human rights issue. Lincoln is the brainchild behind the United States. Every thing that is in place today was because he was a moral visionary.  

Republicans want everyone to be indoctrinated at gunpoint. Republicans want us all to be one religion and have one single set of white Christian values enforced on the population. Republicans don’t believe in individual rights.

They want to say who can get married, they want to re-write history, tell people what they can do to their own bodies, they want to make every school a religious school, tell women what rights they have, make porn illegal, control the media and television, and basically tell people what to think and believe in. Ron paul is the only smart politician in the republican party. 

If it was up to republicans pot heads would be placed in indoctrination camps. Don’t tell me provide links. You know why you don’t know any of these things? It’s because you are a sheep.

It’s funny to hear republicans call others sheep. When nothing ever comes out of their mouths but bah bah bah bahhaahhh fox news bah bah bah.

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23558
Location: United States
#17
Posted: 4/2/2012 9:25:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

So now the Left cares about state rights. 
Brilliant. 

Way to quote Abraham Lincoln when discussing states rights.
Again Brilliant 

The federal govt. does not have the right to prohibit Marijuana, but you have to understand that it is the same powers being usurped from the Constitution that give them the "right" to demand that you purchase health care.  

They do not have the power to spy on us, or detain us without trial, but it is allowing them to do so, that gives them the green light to bypass congress on the way to war. 

It is all connected. 





Wait...  so what is the stance of the right supposed to be on the legalization of THC... or at least the the rights of the states to make its own decision?

This is important because what started to get me looking at Ron Paul was his stance on How this issue should be addressed...

So is Ron Paul not a conservative and running on false pretense?  or are those against him in his own party the one's under a false pretense of conservatism?
quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 4/2/2012 10:30:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

I used the quote as a human rights issue. Lincoln is the brainchild behind the United States. Every thing that is in place today was because he was a moral visionary.  

Republicans want everyone to be indoctrinated at gunpoint. Republicans want us all to be one religion and have one single set of white Christian values enforced on the population. Republicans don’t believe in individual rights.

They want to say who can get married, they want to re-write history, tell people what they can do to their own bodies, they want to make every school a religious school, tell women what rights they have, make porn illegal, control the media and television, and basically tell people what to think and believe in. Ron paul is the only smart politician in the republican party. 

If it was up to republicans pot heads would be placed in indoctrination camps. Don’t tell me provide links. You know why you don’t know any of these things? It’s because you are a sheep.

It’s funny to hear republicans call others sheep. When nothing ever comes out of their mouths but bah bah bah bahhaahhh fox news bah bah bah.



That pretty much sums up republican logic
quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#19
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:14:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:

Nothing more than first term politics...

Too easy to attack a perceived "liberal socialist" like Obama about crime and what not... Soft and liberal on weed is not a winner for Obama. By cracking down he can say hey look here...

I would expect the administration to act differently in the future assuming they get term #2.

Obama doesn't give a flying darn about his liberal base. He knows they WILL NEVER LEAVE HIM. He has nothing to gain from you losers because you will always be there. He could start 2 more wars and make a dime bag possession a felony and you clowns would still fall in line. You are sheep. He knows this and acts accordingly. He is playing a game to win.

You gotta remember this man has major daddy issues. He doesn't strive or care to please those that already love him. This comes out plain as day in his politics too...

pretty much sum up most liberals

quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#20
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:19:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:



I agree, there is so much power and money involved in keeping drugs illegal, its actually sickening.  With everything, there is always more money to be made having something illegal, then just making it legal.
I agree police unions love seeing this garbage staying illegal, but its the law enforcement top dogs who dont want to lose any power, who make things happen.
The drug czar, former buffalo police chief, gil something is bigtime against making pot legal and he has a lot of power in this administration, really going against what Obama said he was gonna do.


CD 

BUFFALO  + Obama  =  

Buffalo  





When you said Buffalo Obama lost yet another notch in my book....
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#21
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:20:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

You obviously are not familiar with the Left.

They also support pretty much all forms of liberties and freedoms.


Thank you FS. I had a stupid reply to rick. This is perfect. 

I dedicate this post session to you my friend. 


quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#22
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:22:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

I used the quote as a human rights issue. Lincoln is the brainchild behind the United States. Every thing that is in place today was because he was a moral visionary.  

Republicans want everyone to be indoctrinated at gunpoint. Republicans want us all to be one religion and have one single set of white Christian values enforced on the population. Republicans don’t believe in individual rights.

They want to say who can get married, they want to re-write history, tell people what they can do to their own bodies, they want to make every school a religious school, tell women what rights they have, make porn illegal, control the media and television, and basically tell people what to think and believe in. Ron paul is the only smart politician in the republican party. 

If it was up to republicans pot heads would be placed in indoctrination camps. Don’t tell me provide links. You know why you don’t know any of these things? It’s because you are a sheep.

It’s funny to hear republicans call others sheep. When nothing ever comes out of their mouths but bah bah bah bahhaahhh fox news bah bah bah.


Money 


That sounds like the Cheney 2016 platform 


He will be half metal half man by then 
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#23
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:25:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:




Wait...  so what is the stance of the right supposed to be on the legalization of THC... or at least the the rights of the states to make its own decision?

This is important because what started to get me looking at Ron Paul was his stance on How this issue should be addressed...

So is Ron Paul not a conservative and running on false pretense?  or are those against him in his own party the one's under a false pretense of conservatism?

Nice post dl. Good questions. 

I like how you always come correct with a critical eye... on EVERYTHING  

Stay thirsty my friend  
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#24
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:30:42 PM
I hate to say it, but Tilt is right. Liberals WILL NOT leave Obama..

Why the darn should they 


The GOP is a complete joke. No vision. No platform. No plan.

Just the same stale, 30 year old Reagan talking points. 

The GOP only offers regression. It will be interesting to see if they even have a shot in 2016  
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#25
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:36:20 PM
I hear reports that support for decriminalization is at an all-time 'high' 
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.