comforting

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: comforting
captjohn67 PM captjohn67
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Alabama
 
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/8/2012 2:49:48 PM
The President is expected to sign the Federal Aviation Administration Reauthorization Act which will allow the gov't and private companies to use drones in American airspace. The drones can be used for border patrols, search and rescues, domestic terrorism and numerous other worthwhile missions. The fact that the FAA refuses to disclose which agencies have already been granted certificates seems rather trivial, as do privacy concerns and the basic constitutional rights of Americans. I for one find it comforting that my government is looking out for my best interest for a change.  
rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:49:38 PM
Private companies?  

rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/8/2012 3:51:17 PM
Nothing really surprises me anymore. Used to think guys like Alex Jones were unhinged whack jobs.  Now (I still think he is unhinged), but you can't debate that he has been right about a lot of scary things. 


captjohn67 PM captjohn67
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Alabama
 
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/8/2012 4:00:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

Private companies?  

apparently so...will be interesting to see the exact wording of the bill if/when this happens.

rick3117 PM rick3117
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14715
 
rick3117
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/8/2012 4:02:59 PM
Is McDonalds going to do surveillance on vegans, and meat bomb them?  
be easy PM be easy
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15420
Pennsylvania
 
be easy
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/8/2012 4:38:38 PM
hell yea, parlay that with the 200 cameras we have on all the street corners here in lancaster, and we should be mad safe then, yo

link
captjohn67 PM captjohn67
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Alabama
 
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/8/2012 5:03:02 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by be easy:

hell yea, parlay that with the 200 cameras we have on all the street corners here in lancaster, and we should be mad safe then, yo

link

"cash strapped Lancaster outsourced its suveillance to a private non-profit group"...

TheGoldenGoose PM TheGoldenGoose
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 26451
Connecticut
 
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/8/2012 9:43:37 PM

"Years ago, there's no way we could do this," said Keith Sadler, Lancaster's police chief. "It brings to mind Big Brother, George Orwell and '1984.' It's just funny how Americans have softened on these issues."

So true.  No matter where you turn, Americans have lost many rights and privileges and nobody seems to care.

You can't even swear any more!!!


KOAJ PM KOAJ
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
New Jersey
 
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/9/2012 7:09:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


"Years ago, there's no way we could do this," said Keith Sadler, Lancaster's police chief. "It brings to mind Big Brother, George Orwell and '1984.' It's just funny how Americans have softened on these issues."

So true.  No matter where you turn, Americans have lost many rights and privileges and nobody seems to care.

You can't even swear any more!!!




it seems our biggest enemies are not those scary muslims who hate us for our freedoms and because we're awesome but those who tell us they are protecting us via police state surveillance

rooster010 PM rooster010
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Mongolia
 
rooster010
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/9/2012 7:21:12 AM

how is this a surprise?

hope and change plus sticky notes

at least that evil bush is gone

wees gots obama to take care of us

besides, the constitution, bill of rights and all that other antiquated hogwash may have worked back then, but times have changed

be easy PM be easy
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15420
Pennsylvania
 
be easy
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/9/2012 11:37:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KOAJ:



it seems our biggest enemies are not those scary muslims who hate us for our freedoms and because we're awesome but those who tell us they are protecting us via police state surveillance



often things aren't that which they seem

click
be easy PM be easy
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15420
Pennsylvania
 
be easy
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/9/2012 11:38:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


"Years ago, there's no way we could do this," said Keith Sadler, Lancaster's police chief. "It brings to mind Big Brother, George Orwell and '1984.' It's just funny how Americans have softened on these issues."

So true.  No matter where you turn, Americans have lost many rights and privileges and nobody seems to care.

You can't even swear any more!!!




this was never even news in lancaster. Cameras are nothing new, they're just everywhere now, and who is watching these watchmen that are subbing for those that are supposed to protect and serve?

at least it was in the latimes so i could read about it
captjohn67 PM captjohn67
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Alabama
 
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:24:40 PM

more info:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134376/Is-drone-neighbourhood-Rise-killer-spy-planes-exposed-FAA-forced-reveal-63-launch-sites-U-S.html

AcerRubrum PM AcerRubrum
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2098
 
AcerRubrum
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/10/2012 6:08:23 PM
rooster  well put
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27617
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:24:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KOAJ:



it seems our biggest enemies are not those scary muslims who hate us for our freedoms and because we're awesome but those who tell us they are protecting us via police state surveillance



21st century history shows us that regardless of (R) or (D)... the idea of an intrusive government with less personal rights and freedom is the basic direction... 
MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8281
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 2:53:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:



21st century history shows us that regardless of (R) or (D)... the idea of an intrusive government with less personal rights and freedom is the basic direction... 


A 54 second clip of a spy drone over America foreseen in 1988 "They Live" Movie

What Hollywood tries to pass off as fantasy, might already have happened in actuality and vice versa.

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to.

One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.

What the human race is suffering from is mass hypnosis. We are being hypnotized by news, newsreaders, and politicians.

We are in a country and in a world that is being run by unbelievably sick people. The chasm between what we're told is going on and what is really going on is absolutely enormous. The greatest hypnotist on the planet Earth is an oblong box in the corner in the room. It is constantly telling us what to believe is real.

If you can persuade people that what they see with their eyes is what there is to see you've got them. Because they'll laugh in your face of an explanation then which portrays the big picture of what's happening... and they have.
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27617
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:04:30 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by captjohn67:

The President is expected to sign the Federal Aviation Administration Reauthorization Act which will allow the gov't and private companies to use drones in American airspace. The drones can be used for border patrols, search and rescues, domestic terrorism and numerous other worthwhile missions. The fact that the FAA refuses to disclose which agencies have already been granted certificates seems rather trivial, as do privacy concerns and the basic constitutional rights of Americans. I for one find it comforting that my government is looking out for my best interest for a change.  


worthwhile missions?
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27617
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:17:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:



A 54 second clip of a spy drone over America foreseen in 1988 "They Live" Movie

What Hollywood tries to pass off as fantasy, might already have happened in actuality and vice versa.

The greatest form of control is when you think you're free when you're being fundamentally manipulated and dictated to.

One form of dictatorship is being in a prison cell and you can see the bars and touch them. The other one is sitting in a prison cell but you can't see the bars but you think you're free.

What the human race is suffering from is mass hypnosis. We are being hypnotized by news, newsreaders, and politicians.

We are in a country and in a world that is being run by unbelievably sick people. The chasm between what we're told is going on and what is really going on is absolutely enormous. The greatest hypnotist on the planet Earth is an oblong box in the corner in the room. It is constantly telling us what to believe is real.

If you can persuade people that what they see with their eyes is what there is to see you've got them. Because they'll laugh in your face of an explanation then which portrays the big picture of what's happening... and they have.


good clip

fact or fiction has become blurred...

not only are they hypnotized they pay for and support the opportunity to be told how to think...

I personally think this is a bad step in a bad direction, but I am overly pleased with my standard of living, opportunity to own a personal business and recreational opportunities...  This is a part of it along with a commercial/consumption culture based on looking for sales, prices, acquisitions... preoccupied by this so  they are not look or care to know the truth... just spoon fed a lens in which to interpret every situation...



MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8281
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:51:04 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:



good clip

fact or fiction has become blurred...

not only are they hypnotized they pay for and support the opportunity to be told how to think...

I personally think this is a bad step in a bad direction, but I am overly pleased with my standard of living, opportunity to own a personal business and recreational opportunities...  This is a part of it along with a commercial/consumption culture based on looking for sales, prices, acquisitions... preoccupied by this so  they are not look or care to know the truth... just spoon fed a lens in which to interpret every situation...



You're given the illusion that you have control. The standard of living, opportunity to own a personal business and recreational opportunities are opportunities that someone grants you. If someone with power says to deny those things, they can. I love psychology. I study philosophy and they are very similar to each other. 
MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8281
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 3:56:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

You're given the illusion that you have control. The standard of living, opportunity to own a personal business and recreational opportunities are opportunities that someone grants you. If someone with power says to deny those things, they can. I love psychology. I study philosophy and they are very similar to each other. 
Sociology, philosophy, and psychology are the most interesting subjects of study.
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27617
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:05:59 AM
But I buy into the illusion... I like my status, position in the matrix...
FriedShrimp PM FriedShrimp
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 20685
United States
 
FriedShrimp
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:10:17 AM
MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8281
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:10:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:

But I buy into the illusion... I like my status, position in the matrix...
so do I
FriedShrimp PM FriedShrimp
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 20685
United States
 
FriedShrimp
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:13:24 AM

Fried is in charge of all Waves 4 - 9

FriedShrimp PM FriedShrimp
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 20685
United States
 
FriedShrimp
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/11/2012 4:15:57 AM

Let's let DL go...........

He's a good guy.

Who whall we ambush tongight?

Forum: Politics Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.