Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 4 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [Politics] Topic: It didnt take long
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#76
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:50:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

"The scumbags moved all the jobs overseas so they could use slave labor."

I think jobs go overseas because of burdensome taxes and onerous regulations. Any alleviation of those would return a degree of prosperity.

There's nothing immoral about wanting to make a profit. When the private sector thrives, the overall standard of living for society will follow.


I love it when the "libertarians" copy the GOP play-book verbatim...

Sort of like when Reagan began deregulation of anything possible, or when Clinton deregulated the banking system all the jobs came back right? Or when Bush doubled down on this moronic policy??

Or like how we consistently see corporations pay ZERO taxes, year after year because of special privileges and loop-holes... jobs come back right??

Right? WRONG.

We've had 30 years to measure the effects of EXACTLY what you are proposing, correct? So how have the results been??

Un-friggin-believable you guys still airing out this phony and empty rhetoric about free market deregulation as a cure all.

If you guys look at the results of this ideology, you will see it is the problem. 

Look at the evidence. Look at the results of it. Don't listen to the talking heads and just agree because it 'sounds good.' 
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49849
Location: United States
#77
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:58:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

"The scumbags moved all the jobs overseas so they could use slave labor."

I think jobs go overseas because of burdensome taxes and onerous regulations. Any alleviation of those would return a degree of prosperity.

There's nothing immoral about wanting to make a profit. When the private sector thrives, the overall standard of living for society will follow.


Really?

So the fact of labor costs dropping 70-80-90% are not why corporations shift operations?

How much on a percentage basis of gross income does a company pay towards taxes versus towards production costs?

quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#78
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:13:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:

some of you must be doing bigtime hard drugs, because to even remotely think our govt can run the same way it did in 1776, shows how truly insane some of you are.
We have way differnt problems then they had in 1776
its useless, some of you are gonna say stuck in your time warp

What exactly should change CD?  Do you want more power for the executive branch, get rid of the courts?  Congress?  

The way the govt is set up must remain unchanged to maintain our republic.  As soon as we allow one branch to overtake the other we have devolved into tyranny.  
quote
glenndef62 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#79
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:31:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


I love it when the "libertarians" copy the GOP play-book verbatim...

Sort of like when Reagan began deregulation of anything possible, or when Clinton deregulated the banking system all the jobs came back right? Or when Bush doubled down on this moronic policy??

Or like how we consistently see corporations pay ZERO taxes, year after year because of special privileges and loop-holes... jobs come back right??

Right? WRONG.

We've had 30 years to measure the effects of EXACTLY what you are proposing, correct? So how have the results been??

Un-friggin-believable you guys still airing out this phony and empty rhetoric about free market deregulation as a cure all.

If you guys look at the results of this ideology, you will see it is the problem. 

Look at the evidence. Look at the results of it. Don't listen to the talking heads and just agree because it 'sounds good.' 

I think the disastrous effects of government interference in the free market are tragically and glaringly most depicted in the housing crisis.

 

With the benign and benevolent sounding mantra “affordable housing”, congress and the Dept of Injustice implemented laws, threats, and their sine qua non, “regulations” against mortgage lenders who wouldn’t lend to as many “minority” borrowers as their infinite wisdom saw fit. Why a person’s ethnicity qualifies or disqualifies an applicant is something conservatives still can’t figure out. We thought it was supposed to be an applicant’s ability to repay the loan. (Common Sense as Thomas Paine might say)

 

When, as was very predictable, mortgage holders stopped making payments, well, we saw what happened.

 

The Barney Frank led bureaucrats had an admirable and laudable goal in mind. Increased home ownership. Who could argue against that?

 

But, as usual, consequences are more important than intentions.

 

But if it sounds good, how bad can it be?

 

 

Thank You,

 

G. Gordon LennDef

 

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#80
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:39:24 PM
Re post 73

What exactly is it about my statements, that you confuse as right wing?

Lefties dont understand, and are against my positions, so they ball up in the fecal position and point "right wing"=bad.

Righties dont understand it any more than the left,,,,,so they label it as leftist

I dont agree with much of anything offered by the right or the left. Most everything they pretend to believe in is false, as neoclassic economic thinking is the ultimate fail

I support natural resource rents to be publically collected, and used as the sole form of funding for government. This would be the greatest of all boons for the poor, the working class, the economy, and freedom. If you read a little closer into this countrys history, you will find that many of the founding fathers and bright minds from this countrys past, agreed

There is such disregard for private property at this point in time by the state, if only property owners were to vote, it would be less then 1% of the population, that is if you understand the definition of ownership.

The reason its hard for you to discuss, is likely because it is so simple, and you feel that the solution must be more complex, that you cannot grasp the concept, not to mention that your Statist instructions(education), intentionally confused you to make it hard to understand. That blame lies in neoclassical economics

Once you come to understand that land monopoly, secured by the state, is a zero sum game, and that Land is not capital, then you will be ready to learn. Until then, its round and round yous go with the same tired garbage that youve been regurging since ived read this forum, which is a whole lotta nothing
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#81
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:41:19 PM
Barney frank abandoned this sinking ship

Housing is basal to life as we know, as well as all economic activity

The same people that pretended to fight for affordable housing are now demanding more taxpayer money to fight off the affordable house prices they claimed to desire
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7898
Location: Canada
#82
Posted: 12/30/2011 2:27:05 PM
Round and round we go, like....back to housing?

All personal garbage aside between us be easy, and I don't want to get into it with glen either, why don't we just get back to the point of the discussion and the basic point of this thread.

Which is how viable RP's plans are 
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#83
Posted: 12/30/2011 2:41:06 PM
What has your bama done to fix housing?

It is the number one issue going into this electio, dont you think?

Im not really a ron paul guy, i just posted about how well he understands the problems we face. So much so, he had the vision to solve the probblem years before the public herd, realized it was a problem. There, he is THE ONLY CANDIDATE THAT SPEAKS FOR ME AND THE REST OF THE 99%. If the election were today, he would get my vote on that alone

Drawing down our overstretched war machine? Paul, for the win. Every other candidate, bama included, are expansionists

Pulling back subsidies?

Attempt to solve our currency issues? Does anyone other than paul even address the topic?

What people seem to have forgotten about the Greatest Depression, is that NOTHING structurally has changed, we have the same problems x2 as we did last election

Id be happy to hear of any of pauls ideas, that yous dislike. Would be a good learning experience for me, as im not that educated on his stances, especially the ones that bother you, wall, and the other leftists so much,,,,,,,
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#84
Posted: 12/30/2011 2:53:59 PM
And i thought the point of the thread was wally got a chub from an msnbc smear about paul hating person and blacks?

So thats his vetting by msnbc? That hes a racist and a homophobe?

And some people buy into it and run with it. Doesnt make it true, but the tv watchers are quite 'impressionable'
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49849
Location: United States
#85
Posted: 12/30/2011 2:57:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by be easy:

And i thought the point of the thread was wally got a chub from an msnbc smear about paul hating person and blacks?

So thats his vetting by msnbc? That hes a racist and a homophobe?

And some people buy into it and run with it. Doesnt make it true, but the tv watchers are quite 'impressionable'

Classy as always..thanks.

Read post one again, the point of the thread is "It didnt take long for the media to start pounding"

He hasnt been under the spotlight at all in the past and if he some how is able to go forward it will get worse..much worse.
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#86
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:21:25 PM
What will get worse?

The frustration of his detractors?

The reaching of the statist media? Im sure his position on israel will keep the media off his back

They reached twenty years into the past, and found a newsletter that proves hes a racist and homophobe

Original
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#87
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:24:59 PM
considering that he addressed the newsletters in the mid 90s and again in 2008; i would think its a dead issue more or less

that being said, he scares the piss out of every establishment status quo person or entity, including most media channels
quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#88
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:27:37 PM
re: 75 -

of course not about property owners only voting

i refer to the simplicity and the very short reach of the federal government. in fact; most things were a-ok until Lincoln. then after him until the 16th and 17th amendments were passed. all downhill from there

everyone has equal rights by birth. its a matter of whether your government is forced to recognize them. thats another question entirely
quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#89
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:29:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


Where have I suggested more power? can you find one example of me saying that?

I said the government is LARGER, more complex, you take any mention of government and equate that with power.

In this discussion since it wandered to the 1770's for some reason I've said scale, complex, etc which is 100% true. You show me an organization or group that expands to the degree our population has and has similar function and show me that the scale does not change the organization..you cannot do so.

Not part of this discussion I have said several times that regulation is inefficient for the groups being regulated, I do not waiver from that point, which also reverts back to the scale discussion, but has nothing to do with this specific topic.


your argument was that the government had to expand and became more complex because of the population change from 1770s to today. i'm just following your logic to its end

government has gotten complex because it has been taken over by lobbyists and banks and multination corps

regulation is bought and paid for by those who are supposed to be regulated by said laws. more regulation is not the answer. bankruptcy is
quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#90
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:50:13 PM

I said the government is LARGER, more complex, you take any mention of government and equate that with power.
-----------------
government is force; and power. nothing else

are your property taxes voluntary? what happens if  you dont pay up?
quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#91
Posted: 12/30/2011 7:18:07 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KOAJ:


I said the government is LARGER, more complex, you take any mention of government and equate that with power.
-----------------
government is force; and power. nothing else

are your property taxes voluntary? what happens if  you dont pay up?


you have lost your mind. If we dont pay property taxes, how is city govt going to get funded? Oh thats right, you just want to get rid of the whole govt at every level, then everybody can just do what they want and the country will be like the wild wild west all over again.
Bottomline KOAJ, you dont want to pay for anything. You just want what you earn to be yours and could careless about anything else.


stop reading all those whacked out websites you visit daily, they have destroyed your mind.


I guess with no govt and courts, lawyers wont be needed then

I hope you got lots of weapons and know how to use them, because the country you dream about, will be one of total chaos

quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49849
Location: United States
#92
Posted: 12/30/2011 7:29:49 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KOAJ:


I said the government is LARGER, more complex, you take any mention of government and equate that with power.
-----------------
government is force; and power. nothing else

are your property taxes voluntary? what happens if  you dont pay up?

I'm with cd here, I cant go down crazy lane with you again with your 1099 teachers, toll booth theory, communal snow removal crap.

Until you understand the full equation of the cost/gain from where you live, I dont think you will ever come out of your funny maze.

Move to Chester, cut those property taxes and see how your earning power and standard of life also are cut.

quote
cd329 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cd329
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 18250
Location: United States
#93
Posted: 12/30/2011 7:33:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KOAJ:

re: 75 -

of course not about property owners only voting

i refer to the simplicity and the very short reach of the federal government. in fact; most things were a-ok until Lincoln. then after him until the 16th and 17th amendments were passed. all downhill from there

everyone has equal rights by birth. its a matter of whether your government is forced to recognize them. thats another question entirely


This post really is funny.  It went downhill after Lincoln  You act like you were actually living back then.
To even think that we can run the country today the same way they ran it in 1776 {which i gotta remind you, that you werent there back then}  borders on insanity. In 1776 they had none of the problems are country faces everyday.  none, zippo. zelch.

And in 200 years from now, the people alive then will have to run govt based on whats needed for their own time period.
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#94
Posted: 12/31/2011 7:02:02 AM
Civil rights in the form of suffrage and Emancipation came about because of republican ideals. Those ideals that are in the constitution and our bill of rights. Gaining theses things did nothing to change our way of govt. they upheld the principles of our republican form of government and serve as an example of the greatness of our constitution.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#95
Posted: 12/31/2011 7:11:26 AM

the scale of ones problems do not call for tyranny on any level

statists

quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#96
Posted: 12/31/2011 7:14:16 AM
Cd, do you think we should have a monarchy, theocracy, or what? Should we continue to expand the role of govt domestically, have a foreign policy of empire,and inflate the executive branch to the level of dictator? This is the route we are going. Are you ok with that? Our fourth amendment is essentially gone . Our first and second amendments are being chipped away at every day.

Should we just give them away and say that there is no reasonable expectation that I should be able to retain the rights that a man in 1776 had ?

Or that the world is so much different today that we should not have rule of law or checks and balances., that the very idea of justice is obsolete?
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
glenndef62 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#97
Posted: 12/31/2011 7:26:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rooster010:

the scale of ones problems do not call for tyranny on any level

statists

That is so true.

quote
scalabrine send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
scalabrine
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 14744
Location: United States
#98
Posted: 12/31/2011 10:35:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KOAJ:

considering that he addressed the newsletters in the mid 90s and again in 2008; i would think its a dead issue more or less


that being said, he scares the piss out of every establishment status quo person or entity, including most media channels


He addressed the newsletter issue alright.

In 1996, Paul told The Dallas Morning News that the newsletters were accurate but
 needed to be taken in context.

Is he now going to say that statement itself was spoken by a ghost speaker?

What context? We all have the quotes. They are publicly available. They are LOADED with racist slants (and many other disturbing views). This man wants to be president and these letters are a dead issue after he publicly acknowledged he agreed with their content, only to scurry in a rathole when it is 2012 and blame it all on a ghost writer who he doesn't know?


No sir. You will be held accountable Mr. Paul.


quote
Hirschfelder send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hirschfelder
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2490
Location:
#99
Posted: 12/31/2011 6:52:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cd329:

   
Bottomline KOAJ, you dont want to pay for anything. You just want what you earn to be yours and could careless about anything else.



so true
quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#100
Posted: 12/31/2011 7:02:46 PM
wanting to keep what you earn does not equate with caring less.
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 4 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.