Messages

Forum Index : Investments : Messages
Author: [Investments] Topic: Silver Investors
bagzman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
bagzman
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 210
Location:
#1
Posted: 1/24/2013 10:33:41 AM

Learning as much as I can for now.

Q:  Why was silver going up the last week or so?

Q:  Why such a nose dive today (Thursday Jan 24th)?

Thanks for insight.

 

quote
artdb
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
artdb
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
Location: Pennsylvania
#2
Posted: 1/31/2013 10:50:28 AM
Don't worry silver will be way over 50  after 2 years with this false econony that this administration is creating!!!
quote
kzilla send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
kzilla
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Location:
#3
Posted: 2/10/2013 4:36:54 PM
Precious Metals are all a play against the current monetary policies of governments.  Having said that, silver is a wild animal compared to gold.
Good idea doing research first, but you cannot get put off by the daily squiggles.  long term trend is up.
quote
JimmyDrizzl send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
JimmyDrizzl
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 212
Location:
#4
Posted: 2/15/2013 12:14:01 AM

Silver is like any commodity in that the true price is based on supply and demand. It will price its self for whatever somebody is willing to pay in the current timeframe, just like in most of our other daily transactions.

Silver however has been used forever as an easy way to act and serve as money .You could have any item serve as money, but silver and gold are easy to store and transport to facilitate monetary transactions.

You can sell your pig and get one gold coin for it. See, real easy.

Since silver is valuable like gold, you would also receive about 50 silver dollars for the pig if you sold for silver.

If you think that the future may become bleak, Buy silver and gold as that may be the only way to get the food and fuel you need..If you think the future is sunny, hopeful, and rosy...NO need to buy silver.

My guess is that silver will double in 3 years or so.

Since my prognostications are oftentimes faulty I will leave it at that.

quote
Wake2002 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Wake2002
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 747
Location: Pennsylvania
#5
Posted: 2/15/2013 8:56:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by JimmyDrizzl:

Silver is like any commodity in that the true price is based on supply and demand. It will price its self for whatever somebody is willing to pay in the current timeframe, just like in most of our other daily transactions.

In theory, yes, in practice no.  This is a very dangerous mindset to have, especially with this particular commodity and especially with the current marketplace/soft regulations

quote
JimmyDrizzl send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
JimmyDrizzl
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 212
Location:
#6
Posted: 2/16/2013 2:15:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Wake2002:

In theory, yes, in practice no.  This is a very dangerous mindset to have, especially with this particular commodity and especially with the current marketplace/soft regulations

I agree...In the final analysis it is just gambling or speculating on where the price will go. Get lucky and you cash in...Not so lucky, you lose.

quote
rr207
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rr207
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2556
Location:
#7
Posted: 2/21/2013 9:46:17 PM
To me it looks like gold and silver are flattening out. Anybody still think its trending higher? 
quote
artdb
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
artdb
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 22
Location: Pennsylvania
#8
Posted: 2/23/2013 10:44:11 AM
China starting to buy silver,should rebound to 30--35 dollar range in 2013
quote
rr207
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rr207
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2556
Location:
#9
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:16:55 PM
What is everyone's thought about via mat international not storing privately held US gold? If its true, they could also deny silver? 
quote
sparty444 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
sparty444
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9944
Location: Pitcairn
#10
Posted: 4/12/2013 11:21:48 AM
Gold and silver prices have been on a gradual decline. With the real estate market percolating and the market strong people are going for better percentage investments.  Not sure commodities is the place to be right now
quote
hotdamn85 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
hotdamn85
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1299
Location:
#11
Posted: 5/23/2013 2:07:49 AM
huge bubble...

be concerned.


when lego has a gold minifig theres trouble...
lol
quote
hotdamn85 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
hotdamn85
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1299
Location:
#12
Posted: 5/31/2013 1:16:19 AM
SLV!

keep it up

pre 1965 coinz
quote
hotdamn85 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
hotdamn85
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1299
Location:
#13
Posted: 6/24/2013 10:09:02 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by hotdamn85:

huge bubble...

be concerned.


when lego has a gold minifig theres trouble...
lol



SLV/commodities/// all doomed... everyone is selling, no one is buying
quote
chainsawRON send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
chainsawRON
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 13
Location: New York
#14
Posted: 7/9/2013 4:09:21 AM
quote
Tinklebell send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Tinklebell
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 644
Location:
#15
Posted: 7/16/2013 4:45:02 PM

Silver owners are waiting for Ben Barnake to quit propping up the stock market and the economy. We see real inflation now in the rise of gas and food prices, and this will continue.

Could be a  6 months or more away.

quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 50072
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 7/16/2013 6:23:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Tinklebell:

Silver owners are waiting for Ben Barnake to quit propping up the stock market and the economy. We see real inflation now in the rise of gas and food prices, and this will continue.

Could be a  6 months or more away.


Actually your conclusion is wrong.

Silver/Gold go up when inflation risk increases..Ben "propping" the economy would support the exact opposite of this. If the FED werent propping then we would have deflation and gold/silver does not hedge against deflation.

If anything the metals market was a massive, misplaced bubble in anticipation of the FED, when inflation did not come, they dropped back to where they should be, maybe not fully yet.

I dont see silver as a hedge against anything..silver is a suckers play, a discount vs gold and nothing else.

Fair value on silver without the FED is probably half of current levels...thank the FED, without QE prices would be much lower.
quote
BigChris51 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BigChris51
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1051
Location: New York
#17
Posted: 7/16/2013 7:07:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


Actually your conclusion is wrong.

Silver/Gold go up when inflation risk increases..Ben "propping" the economy would support the exact opposite of this. If the FED werent propping then we would have deflation and gold/silver does not hedge against deflation.

If anything the metals market was a massive, misplaced bubble in anticipation of the FED, when inflation did not come, they dropped back to where they should be, maybe not fully yet.

I dont see silver as a hedge against anything..silver is a suckers play, a discount vs gold and nothing else.

Fair value on silver without the FED is probably half of current levels...thank the FED, without QE prices would be much lower.

Makes 100% sense.  WallStreet..I look for your posts 
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 38328
Location: Missouri
#18
Posted: 7/17/2013 7:09:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


Actually your conclusion is wrong.

Silver/Gold go up when inflation risk increases..Ben "propping" the economy would support the exact opposite of this. If the FED werent propping then we would have deflation and gold/silver does not hedge against deflation.

If anything the metals market was a massive, misplaced bubble in anticipation of the FED, when inflation did not come, they dropped back to where they should be, maybe not fully yet.

I dont see silver as a hedge against anything..silver is a suckers play, a discount vs gold and nothing else.

Fair value on silver without the FED is probably half of current levels...thank the FED, without QE prices would be much lower.

Why is it a suckers play? Silver is the most electrically conductive metal, and with technology (cell phones etc) pumping out more and more, silver is gonna be in demand for practical purposes....

quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 50072
Location: United States
#19
Posted: 7/17/2013 7:24:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Why is it a suckers play? Silver is the most electrically conductive metal, and with technology (cell phones etc) pumping out more and more, silver is gonna be in demand for practical purposes....


This "demand" is not why silver went from where it was up to the highs it did.

Silver was and will keep being speculated, that is why it is a suckers play. 

It carries few purposes, and if you were to price silver based on ONLY the industrial purposes, where do you think that price would meet demand?
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 38328
Location: Missouri
#20
Posted: 7/17/2013 7:31:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:


This "demand" is not why silver went from where it was up to the highs it did.

Silver was and will keep being speculated, that is why it is a suckers play. 

It carries few purposes, and if you were to price silver based on ONLY the industrial purposes, where do you think that price would meet demand?

I didnt say thats why the price rose. I was simply saying it has uses other that money.

Why does it being speculated make it a suckers play. It being 1/50 ith (roughly) the price of gold means more people will look to invest due to its affordability....why does that make it bad?

What uses/purposes does gold have?

quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 50072
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 7/17/2013 7:45:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

I didnt say thats why the price rose. I was simply saying it has uses other that money.

Why does it being speculated make it a suckers play. It being 1/50 ith (roughly) the price of gold means more people will look to invest due to its affordability....why does that make it bad?

What uses/purposes does gold have?


Its a suckers play because it really is not a historic hedge, unlike gold. I agree with you about gold btw..it serves little industrial purpose, like silver.

Silver being "affordable" as a speculative metal is exactly what makes it a suckers play. If you overlap the charts of both you will see the point.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=gld&ei=MwbnUaCTBMLoiALT9QE

These are just the ETF's but the concept about the gap between performance is easy to see.

Nothing wrong with speculating with a junior vehicle, you just have to know what it is and isnt.
quote
NeverMind
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
NeverMind
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2559
Location: Japan
#22
Posted: 4/3/2014 9:24:50 AM
Silver 20/oz
quote
SashimiKid
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SashimiKid
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1790
Location: Mississippi
#23
Posted: 4/22/2014 8:32:19 PM
silver going to 10 by 2017 still money to be made shorting imo----nice comments WSC I agree with most
quote
Forum Index : Investments : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.