Game of Thrones

Forum: Movies & Television
Author: [Movies & Television] Topic: Game of Thrones
scsiegel89 PM scsiegel89
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4559
 
scsiegel89
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/9/2011 11:53:52 AM
Just started watching this series a few weeks ago. I used to say Breaking Bad was my favorite series, now this is 1A and breaking Bad is 1B. Nothing against Breaking Bad, but HBO can do whatever the darn they want, and that is part of what makes this series so awesome. Anyone else watch this series and stoked for season 2?
Mikael99 PM Mikael99
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 28382
 
Mikael99
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/9/2011 2:19:58 PM
Indeed it was awesome
marnypoly PM marnypoly
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3939
 
marnypoly
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/9/2011 3:59:54 PM
Wait till you're in the latter half of the season.
JW1LS PM JW1LS
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4695
 
JW1LS
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/9/2011 5:19:39 PM
Iveycheats PM Iveycheats
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 2089
 
Iveycheats
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/9/2011 8:07:07 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by marnypoly:

Wait till you're in the latter half of the season.

 

No garbage.........great series......and second half was real good

houguy28 PM houguy28
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1998
 
houguy28
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/9/2011 11:09:54 PM
scsiegel89 PM scsiegel89
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4559
 
scsiegel89
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:50:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by marnypoly:

Wait till you're in the latter half of the season.


at the time I posted this the other day, I had already seen the 2nd half of the first season. that emoticon does not describe how in awe I was of what happened.
marnypoly PM marnypoly
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 3939
 
marnypoly
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/10/2011 10:55:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scsiegel89:



at the time I posted this the other day, I had already seen the 2nd half of the first season. that emoticon does not describe how in awe I was of what happened.

Have you seen THIS VIDEO? Pretty much sums up everyones reaction. Even the actor has seen it. 

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS!!!

StraightShooter PM StraightShooter
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23227
 
StraightShooter
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 10/23/2011 5:35:23 AM

I finally got around to watching Game of Thrones and it was pretty damn good.

9.5/10

Season 2 doesn’t start until spring of 2012  

StraightShooter PM StraightShooter
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 23227
 
StraightShooter
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 10/23/2011 5:38:04 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by marnypoly:


Have you seen THIS VIDEO? Pretty much sums up everyones reaction. Even the actor has seen it. 

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS!!!

“They killed my nig** Ned!”

tokers PM tokers
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 105
 
tokers
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 10/27/2011 5:59:00 PM

Ive been reading the books and theres more shockers to come!

gmitran PM gmitran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1714
 
gmitran
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 10/30/2011 10:27:06 PM
I went thru S1 in 1 one day w/ HBO in-demand.  Needless to say, I was the ultimate potato couch that day. 
senbet PM senbet
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 278
 
senbet
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/1/2011 5:55:29 AM
I can't wait for Season 2 to start. This show is so good. Instant favorite
bartguard PM bartguard
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
 
bartguard
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/8/2011 10:12:39 AM
the midget is very funny :)))
glyde69 PM glyde69
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 6757
 
glyde69
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/8/2011 7:48:35 PM

I heard great things.  As soon as I finish the new Stephen King book, I'm gonna jump into Game of Thrones.  If I like the book, I'm gonna give the series a shot, and then decide from there if I want to go tv or book for the next 4 books/seasons.

Most likely I will go with the novels, but every once in awhile I get hooked on a tv show and trash the book(Walking Dead is an example of that). 

thomas86 PM thomas86
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 0
 
thomas86
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:55:34 PM
dude, i just finished the fifth book and it's gd ridiculous!  I can't believe how good he is... and I know it's cliche but the book IS actually better than the tv show!
Mikael99 PM Mikael99
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 28382
 
Mikael99
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 11/11/2011 1:10:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glyde69:

I heard great things.  As soon as I finish the new Stephen King book, I'm gonna jump into Game of Thrones.  If I like the book, I'm gonna give the series a shot, and then decide from there if I want to go tv or book for the next 4 books/seasons.

Most likely I will go with the novels, but every once in awhile I get hooked on a tv show and trash the book(Walking Dead is an example of that). 



The tv show is awesome. It is basicly "LOTR" as a tv series.
Forum: Movies & Television
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.