Messages

Forum Index : Other : Messages Page 3 of 10 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [Other] Topic: Rod's 2011 ICC World Cup
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26839
Location: Australia
#51
Posted: 2/15/2011 4:58:19 AM
quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26839
Location: Australia
#52
Posted: 2/15/2011 5:04:13 AM
Same wicket as the other night........Might really slow up tonight
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#53
Posted: 2/15/2011 8:16:35 PM
Ireland =

Australia =

West Indies =

1-2 -1.3

YTD 1-4 -6.3

quote
HeadOverHeart send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 20208
Location: Michigan
#54
Posted: 2/15/2011 8:24:58 PM
These warm-up matches are nuts.  Watch Canada pull one out. 
quote
Bolar send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bolar
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 5831
Location: Australia
#55
Posted: 2/15/2011 8:46:12 PM
Well, teams can sub in players....that's why Netherhands chased down Kenya last night because normally 7 wickets down you will be into the bowlers, but they had batters available.

In your bowling innings you can bring in 8 bowlers and then in the batting innings bring in 8 batters for example.
quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26839
Location: Australia
#56
Posted: 2/15/2011 11:39:57 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Bolar:

Well, teams can sub in players....that's why Netherhands chased down Kenya last night because normally 7 wickets down you will be into the bowlers, but they had batters available.

In your bowling innings you can bring in 8 bowlers and then in the batting innings bring in 8 batters for example.

Thats what i dont understand. When Aus were 8 wickets down, why didnt they bring in Callum Ferguson to bat?

This doesnt make sense......

quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#57
Posted: 2/16/2011 2:48:09 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Thats what i dont understand. When Aus were 8 wickets down, why didnt they bring in Callum Ferguson to bat?

This doesnt make sense......



Ponting wanted to replicate what the team will face when it matters. It wouldn't have made sense if he sent in Paine at 11

Same reason why Lee only bowled 4 overs, wanted to give everyone else a 'hit out'
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#58
Posted: 2/17/2011 8:46:25 PM
Sangakkara most runs of the captains @ 4.00 (2)




quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#59
Posted: 2/17/2011 8:59:06 PM
Final warmup game

Pakistan over England @ 1.90 (3)


quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#60
Posted: 2/18/2011 8:42:12 AM
1st game between India and Bangladesh

Razzak more wickets than Al Hasan @ 1.88 (3)



quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26839
Location: Australia
#61
Posted: 2/18/2011 9:30:53 PM

BOL Rod.

Why the F### does the world cup start of with India v Bangladesh? They have an opening cermony then they start the torunament with a lopsided rubbish game?

Seriously, who is in charge...

The 1st round of games should be the top teams playing each other, then during the tournament the rubbish teams can play.

Furthermore, why are the rubbish teams in the tournament? The cricket calender is full as it is, by including these teams u simply pro-long the tournament. Its not what these players need.

I know the argument that these teams need to improve and the only way is them by playing the best, but in all honesty, lets face it, these games just crush there confidence.

Let Zim be the lowest ranking team in the comp and let the other rubbish teams have there own comp.......

Dont know about u, but it seems that bangladesh, Kenya and co play about 90 games in this tournament.....

Everytime i look up, they are playing

Let the normal test playing nations play, shorten the torunament and every game will pretty much be a contest

quote
HeadOverHeart send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 20208
Location: Michigan
#62
Posted: 2/19/2011 1:19:33 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

BOL Rod.

Why the F### does the world cup start of with India v Bangladesh? They have an opening cermony then they start the torunament with a lopsided rubbish game?

Seriously, who is in charge...

The 1st round of games should be the top teams playing each other, then during the tournament the rubbish teams can play.

Furthermore, why are the rubbish teams in the tournament? The cricket calender is full as it is, by including these teams u simply pro-long the tournament. Its not what these players need.

I know the argument that these teams need to improve and the only way is them by playing the best, but in all honesty, lets face it, these games just crush there confidence.

Let Zim be the lowest ranking team in the comp and let the other rubbish teams have there own comp.......

Dont know about u, but it seems that bangladesh, Kenya and co play about 90 games in this tournament.....

Everytime i look up, they are playing

Let the normal test playing nations play, shorten the torunament and every game will pretty much be a contest



Elitest!

Not a good idea if you want to encourage other countries to foster the game, even if it helps only a little bit.

By your understanding, why invite all those "rubbish countries" to the Summer Olympics when the U.S. and two or three other countries are gonna win most of the medals anyway?
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#63
Posted: 2/19/2011 9:17:30 AM
Pakistan=

Razzak more wickets than Al Hasan =

0-2 -6

YTD 1-6 -12.3
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#64
Posted: 2/19/2011 9:21:13 AM
NZ 1st over 7 or more runs @ 3.50 (1) (v Kenya)




quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26839
Location: Australia
#65
Posted: 2/20/2011 1:05:51 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by HeadOverHeart:



Elitest!

Not a good idea if you want to encourage other countries to foster the game, even if it helps only a little bit.

By your understanding, why invite all those "rubbish countries" to the Summer Olympics when the U.S. and two or three other countries are gonna win most of the medals anyway?

Kenya all out for 60........I am sure that has done alot for there confidence........

quote
WCB09 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
WCB09
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 83
Location: Ontario
#66
Posted: 2/20/2011 1:46:08 AM
I found this site that publishes cricket bets www.worldcricketbet.com

Anyone heard of it?  any good?
quote
Aussie Battler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Aussie Battler
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 28128
Location: Australia
#67
Posted: 2/20/2011 3:25:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Kenya all out for 60........I am sure that has done alot for there confidence........

quote
Ace77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ace77
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 30910
Location: United States
#68
Posted: 2/20/2011 5:26:41 AM
Kenya impressed me in there short stay,can easily  see them winning a World Cup in 2095
quote
HeadOverHeart send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 20208
Location: Michigan
#69
Posted: 2/21/2011 12:54:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Kenya all out for 60........I am sure that has done alot for there confidence........



Kenya playing cricket is like Americans not eating for 12 hours.  I don't believe the sport of cricket takes full advantage of the Kenyan's physical attributes and abilities, mainly speed and finesse.
quote
HeadOverHeart send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HeadOverHeart
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 20208
Location: Michigan
#70
Posted: 2/21/2011 12:55:38 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ace77:

Kenya impressed me in there short stay,can easily  see them winning a World Cup in 2095


I've already got 5 Units on Kenya to win the 2095 WC at +1100.  Totally blown out price, if you ask me.

I've put it in my will so my great-great-grandchildren can collect on it. 
quote
Bolar send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Bolar
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 5831
Location: Australia
#71
Posted: 2/21/2011 1:05:33 AM
I will play for Kenya and they will win the World Cup in 2015.
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#72
Posted: 2/21/2011 2:39:31 AM
Trying to get info on how the pitch in Ahmedabad plays. If it is a slow turner like the one the Aussies played in Bangalore in the warmups this could get interesting.

Australia will win but could see them have a couple of scares on the way
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#73
Posted: 2/21/2011 4:38:11 AM
Australia UNDER 305.5 @ 1.88 (3)


quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#74
Posted: 2/21/2011 8:13:39 PM
NZ 1st over 7 or more runs =

Australia UNDER 305.5 =

1-1 +1.64


YTD 2-7 -10.66
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92725
Location: United States
#75
Posted: 2/21/2011 8:21:35 PM
Strauss more runs than Prior @ 1.78 (3)

KP Hi Bat England @ 3.75 (1)



quote
Forum Index : Other : Messages Page 3 of 10 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.