Messages

Forum Index : Covers College Football : Messages Page 2 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [College Football] Topic: Oregon at Kansas State (01/03/2013)
chris3436 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SBGGlobal.eu |
chris3436
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 45
Location: Texas
#26
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:02:29 AM
First of all, there is never a no brainer in sports. Secondly, if you don't think that your head coach interviewing for other jobs is going to affect preparation, focus and lack of motivation you have obviously never played at a high level. Why would a bunch of 18-21 year olds rally around a coach who is looking to leave them when he is partially the reason they chose to go to college there? Again, it obviously shows you were never recruited not played the game. Finally, how exactly is the Big 12 overrated but not the PAC 12?
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
ibgoos2u send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ibgoos2u
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Location:
#27
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:12:41 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by morgan102:

You know I hate when people over handicap a game.Cut and dry.....Oregon BIG!!!! Oregon defense is not that bad,as a matter of fact,they are good,and Kansas State is highly overrated and from the funky Big 12,thats highly overrated.Oregon will be focus regardless of interviews that are offered to Kelly.He is not leaving them,he will; be on the sidelines,and if anything,it will be.....Win one for the coach!!! Oregon will get up big and no way will K State be able top come back....they are not built that way.NO BRAINER!!!

Big 12 and Pac 12 have matched up twice in bowl games so far. Big 12 has won both, so I'm missing your point about the "funky" Big 12.  Have never bet a game because someone said it was a "no brainer".  Nothing wrong with analyzing games from every possible angle.  Would rather lose having considered everything than lose putting money on "no brainers". 

quote
GordoPockets
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GordoPockets
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 80
Location: United States
#28
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:14:32 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ibgoos2u:

Agree there may be something to this.  Add the fact that Bill Snyder outcoaches his opponent on, nearly, a weekly basis.  Don't think you can judge KSU defense based, solely, on the Baylor game.  Alot of teams, including UCLA, had trouble containing Baylor.

I doubt Chip Kelly is going to leave. He'll entertain the offer, but with the way Phil Knight takes care of Oregon and the way Oregon allows Kelly to run the program, the Cleveland Browns are hardly an enticing move. I would highly doubt Kelly wants to take over a team that doesn't fit his style. Plus he's a king at Oregon right now, why go to the NFL and risk having to be embarrassed and start all over.

As for Bill Snyder being able to "outcoach" his opponents... He's not going to out coach Chip Kelly, it's debatable whether or not their on the same level though. What isn't debatable is the fact that Snyder hasn't won a bowl game in 10 years and is the loser of his last 2...

Just something to think about...

quote
GordoPockets
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GordoPockets
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 80
Location: United States
#29
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:29:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ibgoos2u:

Big 12 and Pac 12 have matched up twice in bowl games so far. Big 12 has won both, so I'm missing your point about the "funky" Big 12.  Have never bet a game because someone said it was a "no brainer".  Nothing wrong with analyzing games from every possible angle.  Would rather lose having considered everything than lose putting money on "no brainers". 

I agree with you "no brainer" critique.... they don't exist.

As for the Big 12 and Pac 12 games so far this bowl season, I took both Texas and Baylor but I don't think that necessarily means that one conference is better than the other...

That being said, I don't think that Kansas State is as good as everyone thinks they are. Both teams lost to the best teams they played on their schedules, but I feel that Oregon when they won looked much more impressive.

quote
shochuman
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
shochuman
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 403
Location:
#30
Posted: 1/3/2013 1:00:41 AM

Next four (4) Bowl games from Shochuman:

Oregon

Oklahoma

Pittsburgh

Arkansas St.

Good Luck!

quote
ibgoos2u send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ibgoos2u
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10
Location:
#31
Posted: 1/3/2013 1:02:33 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GordoPockets:

I doubt Chip Kelly is going to leave. He'll entertain the offer, but with the way Phil Knight takes care of Oregon and the way Oregon allows Kelly to run the program, the Cleveland Browns are hardly an enticing move. I would highly doubt Kelly wants to take over a team that doesn't fit his style. Plus he's a king at Oregon right now, why go to the NFL and risk having to be embarrassed and start all over.

As for Bill Snyder being able to "outcoach" his opponents... He's not going to out coach Chip Kelly, it's debatable whether or not their on the same level though. What isn't debatable is the fact that Snyder hasn't won a bowl game in 10 years and is the loser of his last 2...

Just something to think about...

Valid points about Snyder's bowl record, he has lost his last 3 bowl games and hasn't won one in 10 years, though he was out of coaching from 2006-2009.

Whether Chip Kelley actually takes another job or not is not the point.  They've let it be known he is entertaining offers.  Whether or not anyone thinks that's relevant is up to each bettor.

Would agree with you concerning the conference comparisons.  Just responding to a comment about Big12 being overrated to Pac12.  Cant say Pac12 is better than Big12 when you're 0-2.

Don't believe Baylor was best team KSU played, beating OU in Norman, OK was a pretty good win.

Oregon did look impressive when they won.  When teams win they tend to look impressive.  The exception: Kansas State.  They never look impressive, but they still manage to win

quote
InVegas send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
InVegas
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 792
Location:
#32
Posted: 1/3/2013 1:26:48 AM

Yes, Chip Kelly is leaving. He is interviewing with 3 teams right after the friggin game! Why in the He*ll would he do that if he didn't plan on leaving? That's real. That's a distraction.

Best of all. K State doesn't have to win. Just keep it close. Winning would be icing on Bill Snyder's cake.

With over a month to prepare my money is on ---> K State + 9

quote
Voltanic
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Voltanic
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 88
Location: Tennessee
#33
Posted: 1/3/2013 1:40:24 AM
Big 12 and PAC 12 similar in terms of competition.  I see this game closer than what's available. Take the points.
quote
MajorCheeze
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: MGM Grand |
MajorCheeze
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Location: Alabama
#34
Posted: 1/3/2013 2:16:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LonghornHoosier:

KSU - great story. but not a true NC caliber team.   Oregon should be playing N Dame for the NC they will show the nation why...KSU has overacheived all year and they are very well coached...so is Oregon...Oregon's talent and sytemm will be the difference.  Oregon -9

You are an idiot. I think most people would agree that if you get into a BCS game then your coach would be considered to be doing a great job as would the players. You are just mad that they throttled Texas. Kansas St. also had way more quality wins than Oregon so what is this overachieved talk? Having said this Oregon may still cover because of their explosive offense but your reasoning is bullshit. 
quote
MajorCheeze
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: MGM Grand |
MajorCheeze
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Location: Alabama
#35
Posted: 1/3/2013 2:22:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Nhenley:

Oregon should be playing for the National Championship!!!!  They are not because the damn Taco Bell kicker could not make a damn field goal!!  You think Chip should be able to find a decent kicker somewhere, but he has failed miserably. Oh well, getting back to the game.  Baylor exposed Kansas St on both sides of the field.  Well, Oregon will expose KSU 2x more.  To be honest, Oregon laying 9 pts is generous.  The adjusted line should be more like -20.

Here's another idiot. Blame a game on a kicker... Kicking is not fundamental football. Oregon was favored 18.5 against Stanford so they never should have been in the position to lose the game by a field goal. The Pac 12 is a joke. 
quote
MajorCheeze
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: MGM Grand |
MajorCheeze
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Location: Alabama
#36
Posted: 1/3/2013 2:41:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GordoPockets:

I agree with you "no brainer" critique.... they don't exist.

As for the Big 12 and Pac 12 games so far this bowl season, I took both Texas and Baylor but I don't think that necessarily means that one conference is better than the other...

That being said, I don't think that Kansas State is as good as everyone thinks they are. Both teams lost to the best teams they played on their schedules, but I feel that Oregon when they won looked much more impressive.


I feel sorry for anyone that makes their pick based on these stupid opinions that people like to call facts or statistics. Baylor was at the bottom of the tier when it comes to good teams that Kansas St. played. Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., TCU, West Virginia (because they played them when Geno Smith was still playing good going into this game)and arguably Texas, Miami, Texas Tech, and Iowa St. were all better or were less of an underdog than a shitty and inconsistent team called the Baylor Bears.  
quote
best_bets send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
best_bets
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3165
Location: United States
#37
Posted: 1/3/2013 4:40:36 AM
 K State thrived all season on a turnover margin (plus-21) that was tops the nation. They create turnovers...........a lot of turnovers! Just sayin
quote
SportsPredictor
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SportsPredictor
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 323
Location: Massachusetts
#38
Posted: 1/3/2013 5:10:42 AM

Oregon - 9 over Kansas State!

Must run with Oregon in this one!  Bowl game being played on a "neutral field".  True statistics appear to be in the away-away statistics.  Oregon holds a + 22 point advantage on offense, and Kansas State holding a + 5 on defense.  Away-away stats last 3 games show Oregon with a + 17 point advantage, far above the 8 to 9 point Vegas spread!

Kansas State now 0-4 vs spread last 4 Bowl games!  And Oregon 5-0 vs. spread on the road, and now 6-1 vs. point spread last 7 games!

Oregon attacks have racked up no less than 42 points or more per game in 9 out of 10 games this year!  And mobile QB Mariota even has 690 yards and 4 TDs rushing, along with super-fast De'Anthony Thomas with 686 YDs rushing and 16 TDs!

Will look for Oregon rising rookie superstar QB Marcus Mariota (2511 YDs and 30 TDs) to launch a lightning speed attack against arch enemy Kansas State and cover the 8 point spread!

Oregon minus 8 to 9 points over Kansas State!

             GLTA                      

quote
pdelicioso send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
pdelicioso
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 222
Location:
#39
Posted: 1/3/2013 9:04:10 AM
Kansas St.'s defensive front seven are much bigger and better than Oregon's offensive line. I think they're going to wear Oregon's small offensive line as the game goes on. Kansas St. played a tougher schedule but had one bad game. Baylor also did pretty good against UCLA.
quote
oahuboy808 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
oahuboy808
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 4267
Location: Hawaii
#40
Posted: 1/3/2013 9:10:55 AM
As fast as Baylor is on offense, Oregon is much faster.. They can run and throw on offense, which makes it that much harder to stop.. Everyone is talking about how much K-State can wear down the Oregon D, what about Oregon's tempo wearing out the K-State D.. Not to mention K-State doesn't have nearly enough weapons to stay with Oregon.. Shut down Klein and how does K-State move the ball?? They don't.. I see the same thing happening to K-State that happened to NIU.. Don't get me wrong, Snyder is a great coach, but in the end speed and athleticism can't be coached.. You either have it or you don't.. And Oregon has too much for K-State..

Oregon half
Oregon game
Over

Best of luck guys
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
mmcghee11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
mmcghee11
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 46
Location: Pennsylvania
#41
Posted: 1/3/2013 10:08:26 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by oahuboy808:

As fast as Baylor is on offense, Oregon is much faster.. They can run and throw on offense, which makes it that much harder to stop.. Everyone is talking about how much K-State can wear down the Oregon D, what about Oregon's tempo wearing out the K-State D.. Not to mention K-State doesn't have nearly enough weapons to stay with Oregon.. Shut down Klein and how does K-State move the ball?? They don't.. I see the same thing happening to K-State that happened to NIU.. Don't get me wrong, Snyder is a great coach, but in the end speed and athleticism can't be coached.. You either have it or you don't.. And Oregon has too much for K-State..

Oregon half
Oregon game
Over

Best of luck guys

oahuboy808, I believe you hit this one right on the head.  Tempo tempo tempo will be the difference in this one.  I love Oregon as well as the over as watching how k state played against a few similar teams to Oregon they gave up points.  Oregon is the best team out of the pac 10 and will show it tonight.  K state is solid but are a 1 man show.  If Klein can get time to throw the ball they will keep the score going but I don't see K state stopping Oregon for 4 quarters.  My crystal ball says 52-30.  Good luck.

 

quote
Macallanlover send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Macallanlover
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1093
Location:
#42
Posted: 1/3/2013 11:19:11 AM
QUOTE

Agree with both of you guys, this game will be won by Oregon due to the tempo they move at.  There is no way for KSU to replicate that.  I think the game is close in the forst half, could even go KSU's way but feel Oregon will wear them down and take them out.

Of course, Chip Kelly's decision to not emphatically deny rumors about leaving, or interviewing is an issue.  Also, any bowl game is a crap shoot because so many teams don't take these exhibitions seriously (see USC against a terrible GT team, or Florida against L'ville last night) so nothing is a given.  I totally misjudged Florida's mindset last night and got my nuts kicked in.  I like Oregon to cover, but my conviction isn't as strong as it felt last night...which might be a good thing.  Really looking forward to watching this matchup.  I think this and the A&M/OU games are the two best matchups left to watch.

Oregon  covers the 7 and 1/2     Two unit play for me

Originally Posted by mmcghee11:

oahuboy808, I believe you hit this one right on the head.  Tempo tempo tempo will be the difference in this one.  I love Oregon as well as the over as watching how k state played against a few similar teams to Oregon they gave up points.  Oregon is the best team out of the pac 10 and will show it tonight.  K state is solid but are a 1 man show.  If Klein can get time to throw the ball they will keep the score going but I don't see K state stopping Oregon for 4 quarters.  My crystal ball says 52-30.  Good luck.

 

quote
BIGHACK_99 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BIGHACK_99
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 30
Location:
#43
Posted: 1/3/2013 11:21:13 AM
K-STATE.  Tiss the season for the Underdog.  Lets just go back a couple of years and look how Auburn snipped the Ducks.  K-STATE will do the same and keep this under.
quote
GordoPockets
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
GordoPockets
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 80
Location: United States
#44
Posted: 1/3/2013 11:23:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MajorCheeze:


I feel sorry for anyone that makes their pick based on these stupid opinions that people like to call facts or statistics. Baylor was at the bottom of the tier when it comes to good teams that Kansas St. played. Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., TCU, West Virginia (because they played them when Geno Smith was still playing good going into this game)and arguably Texas, Miami, Texas Tech, and Iowa St. were all better or were less of an underdog than a shitty and inconsistent team called the Baylor Bears.  

Oklahoma is the only team I can see being able to be called the best team KState has played this season... It doesn't really matter who you play but when you play them.

Baylor was at the bottom when it comes to good teams??? They were at the time and are now one of the hottest teams in football. They finished the season on a 4-0 run and beat, who you think to be better than Baylor, Texas Tech and Ok State...

And Iowa State??? QB problems all year and they just lost to Tulsa? Not better than Baylor...

TCU??? Finished the season on a 2-5 run... Not better than Baylor...

West Virginia??? When they played KState, they were in the second game of a 5 game losing streak... Not better than Baylor...

When KState played both Texas and Ok State, neither of those teams had their starting QB and it was the first game starting their back up.

KState was the beneficiary of a fortunate schedule all year... Because Colin Klein was a Heisman finalist everyone thinks that KState is this great team. They were harshly overrated all season, including their QB, Colin Klein! 

Klein was in consideration for the Heisman? Seriously?

3400 yeards, 37 TD's, and 7 INT's

Was he that much better than Freshman Mariota?

3200 yards, 34 TD's, and 6 INT's

How about Geno Smith's numbers and Importance to his team? Jordan Lynch? Dare I say Florence? Almost 5000 yards and 43 TD's? Tajh Boyd?

All I'm saying is that Klein and KState are overrated. Plenty of other teams and players have comparable numbers while being just as important to their teams. Just because a team was ranked high this year doesn't always mean that their as good as everyone thinks they are... Overrated.

quote
shownuff send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
shownuff
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Location: New York
#45
Posted: 1/3/2013 11:33:24 AM
Oregon is the play, too explosive! I predict a 2 position or more victory.
quote
Atlanta-fan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Atlanta-fan
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Location:
#46
Posted: 1/3/2013 11:53:54 AM

I do like the under in this one, but when games are tough to call I like to look at the prop bets. I think I found a great one.

Longest TD of the game Under 69.5 yards(-115).

I know Oregon is exposive but if K-State can hold them to just one or possibly 2 first downs before giving up a TD, this distance shouldn't be a problem.

quote
tulanebill
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
tulanebill
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 157
Location: Louisiana
#47
Posted: 1/3/2013 11:59:57 AM
I already bet Oregon, but had nightmare last night that Kansas State coach had figured out how to slow down the vicious fast tempo of Oregon.  Have defensive players fake injuries on every play....

damn, that scares me.....wouldn't that be an obvious way to screw up Oregon's tempo?
quote
Hardtimes75 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Hardtimes75
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 218
Location: Maryland
#48
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:01:15 PM
With the RLM on the Total, I'd be tempted to take the Under right now.
quote
Atlanta-fan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Atlanta-fan
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Location:
#49
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:01:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Atlanta-fan:

I do like the under in this one, but when games are tough to call I like to look at the prop bets. I think I found a great one.

Longest TD of the game Under 69.5 yards(-115).

I know Oregon is exposive but if K-State can hold them to just one or possibly 2 first downs before giving up a TD, this distance shouldn't be a problem.

 

Barner has had only 2 runs longer than that all year, 71 and 80.

Mariota's longest pass this year is 55 yards.

Klien's longest pass is 62.

K-State had a 95 yard run 1st game of the year and since then the longest is 36.

quote
awyatt05
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
awyatt05
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 134
Location:
#50
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:05:57 PM
Thanks you GORDO-POCKETS for your comments...you hit the nail on the head...I am so freakin tired of how people drool over BIll SNyder...he had a lucky schedule and played crap teams all year....if he was so good then why does he lose bowl games....!
quote
Forum Index : Covers College Football : Messages Page 2 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.