Posted: 4/29/2012 10:03:12 AM
Same rules as last year but here is the refresher:
1) You have $10. You can buy as many horses as $10 will allow. You cannot buy the same horse more than once.
2) First place horse: 8 points
Second place horse: 6 points
Third place: 4 points
Fourth place: 2 points
Fifth place: 1 point
3) If you choose a horse and it scratches before 5:00 Eastern, you can choose any other horses for the same dollar amount. You may not change a horse once selected other than a scratch
4) All entires must be in by 5:00 EST on Sat. No exceptions.
5) This year, we have 3 prizes so far: 2) subscriptions to the HorseplayerNow Buzz featuring Jeremy Plonk from May 6 through the Belmont and a covers hat donated by our own Rizzo. The top winners get to choose their prizes.
The dollar costs for the horses will be released on Wednesday night following the derby draw.
Special thanks to Jeremy Plonk and Rizzo for the donations. Join the Horseplayernow gang on Thursday night for a Derby race chat. I'll be there posting under DJ.