Posted: 8/1/2012 8:08:30 PM
I want to put a list up for comments..
1. Floyd Mayweather: Easy No. 1, small arguments against this pick, but he leads on my P4P list, although not on my "most liked" list.
2. Andre Ward: He's tough, he's skilled. I liken him to a hybrid version of RJJ and Bernard in terms of styles. Very adaptable. Chad will be an interesting test.
3. Manny Pacquiao: Tough call to have Manny this high on the list considering the "loss" to Bradley, a fight many thought he was robbed. Arguably unjustifiable, but it's still a drop from No. 2, and he still is a monster for his size.
4. Sergio Martinez: A super-fighter in every sense of the word. One-punch KO power, combined with a confusing style puts him high on the list.
5./6. Juan Manuel Marquez/Tim Bradley: Couldn't decide who goes 5th, so I'll call it 5A and 5B. Marquez is a master boxer, and Bradley, well despite looking like the spoiled kid at Christmas to many, he still gave Manny a tought fight. I would love to actually see these two duke it out to decide who gets the coveted 5th spot.
7. Nonito Donaire: I'd like to see him step up and fight Rigondieux. That would be the moment of truth for him. Nevertheless he is a super fighter similiar to Sergio, in an orthodox stance.
8./9. Chad Dawson/B-Hop: Again, tough to put one in front of the other. These two could fight 100 times and would draw 20 times. I'm more open to B-Hop being this high as opposed to Dawson, but he's still a "Bad" behind, and he did win their match.
10. A Klitschko: I see Vlad getting a lot of credit P4P, but I actually think Vitali is the better fight of the two. Out of respect for the heavyweight division, I will include a member of the weight class, though I shudder to think what a 230 lb. version of any of the top 5 fighters on this list would do to either Klitschko in an actual fight.
Thanks for reading.