Messages

Forum Index : Boxing : Messages
Author: [Boxing] Topic: fixed of the century.............
Damon102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Damon102
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10252
Location: New Jersey
#1
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:06:55 AM
so sad in sports nowadays...............

judges
quote
CoverLane send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
CoverLane
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6903
Location:
#2
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:08:49 AM
Whats the point of even watching when the winner isn't awarded the win.


quote
Damon102
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Damon102
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 10252
Location: New Jersey
#3
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:14:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CoverLane:

Whats the point of even watching when the winner isn't awarded the win.




even my 5 yrs old saw who's eaten punches

friggin Vegas
quote
winner005 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
winner005
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 5238
Location: New York
#4
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:16:21 AM
vegas darn the betors again...
quote
DDH420
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
DDH420
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 14227
Location: Alberta
#5
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:19:07 AM
Good for poor ole Vegas....they needed a break
quote
gridironguy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
Location:
#6
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:22:50 AM
not the fix of the century, the century is only 12 yrs old

it was THE FIX of the last 60-70 years

even worst than lennox v holyfield 99 which was a draw
quote
keven vanlith
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1331
Location:
#7
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:35:18 AM
I had bradley +611 by dec. and this is the biggest gift in my 33 years of gambling.

I had it 9 rounds to 3 PAC.

Impossible but true. I think back to the SD-PIT nfl game in 2009 when Troy Pol. scored a TD on the last play of a game for the steeler cover, a game the steelers totally dominated but were only up 1 pt. at the time and ref. scott green stepped in and disallowed the TD to give the undeserving chargers the cover and aprox. 100 million dollars world wide was effected. I was on the right side there and was robbed from that pos. fix, well it evened out tonight.

If i was those judges or 2 out of 3 of them anyway, i would be fearing for my life right now.
quote
pdc send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
pdc
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 384
Location:
#8
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:42:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by keven vanlith:

I had bradley +611 by dec. and this is the biggest gift in my 33 years of gambling.

I had it 9 rounds to 3 PAC.

Impossible but true. I think back to the SD-PIT nfl game in 2009 when Troy Pol. scored a TD on the last play of a game for the steeler cover, a game the steelers totally dominated but were only up 1 pt. at the time and ref. scott green stepped in and disallowed the TD to give the undeserving chargers the cover and aprox. 100 million dollars world wide was effected. I was on the right side there and was robbed from that pos. fix, well it evened out tonight.

If i was those judges or 2 out of 3 of them anyway, i would be fearing for my life right now.

waoo this is nice info

does anyone remember the biggest fix games in the last 20- 30 years???..........this fight obviously is top 5.
quote
CoverLane send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
CoverLane
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6903
Location:
#9
Posted: 6/10/2012 2:23:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pdc:


waoo this is nice info

does anyone remember the biggest fix games in the last 20- 30 years???..........this fight obviously is top 5.

A College basketball game played around Christmas time 2011 between Xavier and Hawaii appeared to be fixed in Hawaii's favor...Not a "high profile" fix by any means, but a fix nonetheless.

quote
kappindahoop send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
kappindahoop
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 634
Location: Maine
#10
Posted: 6/10/2012 11:01:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by pdc:


waoo this is nice info

does anyone remember the biggest fix games in the last 20- 30 years???..........this fight obviously is top 5.

How about the patriots win over oakland for the AFC championship? the tuck rule!! i am a die hard pats fan and loved the call, but vegas had there hand in the till on that game and the patriots wining the Superbowl vs the rams!
quote
cd2010
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
cd2010
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 514
Location: Ohio
#11
Posted: 6/10/2012 11:30:25 AM
Bradley didn't win a round, so it's the biggest fix ever. Bob Arum was so happy and they are already talking about a rematch. F#ck that I will NEVER watch antoher Top Rank promotion again til Bob is dead.
quote
jako
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jako
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 163
Location:
#12
Posted: 6/10/2012 1:27:11 PM

Biggest fix I ever saw!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote
thesoulpurpose send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
thesoulpurpose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1109
Location: Quebec
#13
Posted: 6/10/2012 10:41:23 PM
their are decisions all of the time like this especially in non- telivised fights in which the hometown guy is the up and comer and you have a journeyman coming in to fight him.  this garbage has been happening since the 1860's and will most likely never stop, unless their is a national commision put in place and I do think that eventually it will happen, hopefully sooner rather than later
quote
thesoulpurpose send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
thesoulpurpose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1109
Location: Quebec
#14
Posted: 6/10/2012 10:45:58 PM
also not the worst of the last 12 years,   that goes to emanuel augustus vs courtney burton 1,  which in reality just might be the worst ever.  it's bad but not even close to the worst since 2000,   but weather it's the worst of the century or the 28 worst it does not matter,   still a horrible thing either way.
quote
cd2010
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
cd2010
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 514
Location: Ohio
#15
Posted: 6/10/2012 11:38:17 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by thesoulpurpose:

also not the worst of the last 12 years,   that goes to emanuel augustus vs courtney burton 1,  which in reality just might be the worst ever.  it's bad but not even close to the worst since 2000,   but weather it's the worst of the century or the 28 worst it does not matter,   still a horrible thing either way.

It's the worst in a high profile championship fight in recent history. Imagine if the judges would have scored the Mayweather vs Cotto fight for Cotto, there would be just as much outrage as there is for this bad decision. The only thing fans can do is not keep paying for Top Rank PPV, atleast until Arum is out of the picture.

quote
Forum Index : Boxing : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.