Bradley schools Pacquiao on June 9th

Forum: Boxing Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Boxing] Topic: Bradley schools Pacquiao on June 9th
walktheline PM walktheline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4526
Pennsylvania
 
walktheline
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/5/2012 2:57:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DaBestEver24:

Bradley is light years ahead of jmm? No way, jmm fought pacquiao 3 times and is a good counter puncher. This fight is very simple, pacquiao will win and thats that. No if ands or buts. Im gonna sprinkle a little bit on pacman by knockout. No confidence from roach? Ur crazy. 

Than the CURRENT JMM? Absolutely. Bradley would be a significant favorite if they fought. I'm not talking about JMM in his prime or the one that fought Pacquiao a half dozen years ago. 

JMM was in amazing shape last fight and bulked up correctly. (well, that depends on what you consider "correctly" that is but I digress) However, that was the same JMM that went life and death with Katsidis and Juan Diaz and couldn't pull the trigger or lay a glove on Mayweather. 

Let me ask you a question: Do you feel Pacquiao won his last fight? Do you feel that the man in the ring that night would have beaten Bradley? As far as I'm concerned, the answer is no on both counts. 
DatMofoThere85 PM DatMofoThere85
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 349
United States
 
DatMofoThere85
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/5/2012 3:51:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by walktheline:


Than the CURRENT JMM? Absolutely. Bradley would be a significant favorite if they fought. I'm not talking about JMM in his prime or the one that fought Pacquiao a half dozen years ago. 

JMM was in amazing shape last fight and bulked up correctly. (well, that depends on what you consider "correctly" that is but I digress) However, that was the same JMM that went life and death with Katsidis and Juan Diaz and couldn't pull the trigger or lay a glove on Mayweather. 

Let me ask you a question: Do you feel Pacquiao won his last fight? Do you feel that the man in the ring that night would have beaten Bradley? As far as I'm concerned, the answer is no on both counts. 

I do think that version of Pacquiao would beat Bradley. Pacquiao's camp claims Pac didn't perform plyometrics in training camp and that's why he didn't look as explosive. The next excuse was leg cramps and then the next excuse was marital issues. I thought Pacquiao looked super explosive that night but his moves simply didn't work against an intelligent Marquez who: knew what to expect, how to defend and counter, and was possibly roiding (I have my suspicions about a 38 yr old Marquez).

Pacquiao's best weapon has always been his left cross. The power in a cross is multiplied when fighting a shorter opponent. Pacquiao has shown excellent power against bigger fighters and I expect him to look even better vs the shorter Bradley. I agree that Pacquiao's past and recent opponents have been hand-picked (old or flawed), but I believe Freddie Roach when he says Bradley is simply good not great and is unimpressive.

DaBestEver24 PM DaBestEver24
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2486
Hawaii
 
DaBestEver24
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/5/2012 4:20:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DatMofoThere85:

I do think that version of Pacquiao would beat Bradley. Pacquiao's camp claims Pac didn't perform plyometrics in training camp and that's why he didn't look as explosive. The next excuse was leg cramps and then the next excuse was marital issues. I thought Pacquiao looked super explosive that night but his moves simply didn't work against an intelligent Marquez who: knew what to expect, how to defend and counter, and was possibly roiding (I have my suspicions about a 38 yr old Marquez).

Pacquiao's best weapon has always been his left cross. The power in a cross is multiplied when fighting a shorter opponent. Pacquiao has shown excellent power against bigger fighters and I expect him to look even better vs the shorter Bradley. I agree that Pacquiao's past and recent opponents have been hand-picked (old or flawed), but I believe Freddie Roach when he says Bradley is simply good not great and is unimpressive.

the confidence is there..
walktheline PM walktheline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4526
Pennsylvania
 
walktheline
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:01:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DaBestEver24:

the confidence is there..

Actually, I thought that was one of the biggest displays of uncertainty I've seen from them. Hardly the brash bravado they've (specifically Roach) have shown in the past.
DaBestEver24 PM DaBestEver24
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2486
Hawaii
 
DaBestEver24
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/5/2012 4:17:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by walktheline:


Actually, I thought that was one of the biggest displays of uncertainty I've seen from them. Hardly the brash bravado they've (specifically Roach) have shown in the past.
Ur killing me. U must be dumb to think the confidence is low from roach. Ur just trying to stick with ur original thoughts and dont wanna give in when ur wrong. Shi shi nai nai for bradley come saturday night
walktheline PM walktheline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4526
Pennsylvania
 
walktheline
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/5/2012 5:32:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DaBestEver24:

Ur killing me. U must be dumb to think the confidence is low from roach. Ur just trying to stick with ur original thoughts and dont wanna give in when ur wrong. Shi shi nai nai for bradley come saturday night

How am I wrong? Manny in particular was rather "mum" the whole time. Not a classic Manny chuckle, no predictions from Roach, just a bunch of behind kissing. "He wasn't our first choice" reads deeper than them not getting Mayweather. 

They wanted no part of Bradley. They couldn't lure Cotto into a rematch. They didn't want Marquez again and certainly didn't want to negotiate a higher cut for him in a rematch. A few other guys fell through before they pulled the trigger on this fight at this point in time. It was going to happen after Bradley signed with Top Rank but wasn't supposed to happen just yet.

If you think it's "business as usual" at Team Pacquiao you're wrong. That's not a matter of opinion, it's fact. It may very well be Shi shi nai nai for Bradley Saturday. However, we've already seen the best of Pacquiao. We haven't seen the best of Bradley. Be acutely aware of that fact.

It still probably won't matter, as Bradley would probably have to beat Manny with the ring post to get the nod on the cards. As long as a fight with Mayweather is still possible although not probable, nobody is going to darn with that type of money.


DaBestEver24 PM DaBestEver24
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2486
Hawaii
 
DaBestEver24
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/5/2012 8:11:02 PM
No prediction from roach? He said pacquiao is gonna end it in the late rounds and he doesnt see it going the distance. Team pacquiao is confident and u can tell bradley feels like they arent respecting his skill and training. The only way bradley can win is by knockout but that aint gonna happen. Bradley will cover up in the late rounds and if he wants to trade wit pacquiao then we kno he'll b sleeping on the canvas.
titans415 PM titans415
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 82
 
titans415
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/7/2012 2:14:30 AM
The Filipino slugger has the greatest motivation in the fight it's the Philippine Independence that following week so for sure he'll be more fired up.
Mack05 PM Mack05
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4397
 
Mack05
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/10/2012 12:37:36 AM
Jersey do you realize now how retarded your analysis of the fightgame is???
gridironguy PM gridironguy
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5296
 
gridironguy
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/10/2012 12:39:38 AM
IN YOUR FACE AGAIN YOU RETARD
sowhat83 PM sowhat83
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 484
 
sowhat83
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/10/2012 12:46:24 AM
sowhat83 PM sowhat83
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 484
 
sowhat83
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/10/2012 12:47:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mack05:

Jersey do you realize now how retarded your analysis of the fightgame is???



titans415 PM titans415
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 82
 
titans415
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/10/2012 12:58:16 AM
Buwhahahahahaahhaha
Forum: Boxing Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.