Posted: 8/10/2012 8:08:21 AM
WeMove - I look at a lot of things.
1) The line itself: is somebody overvalued because he's a golfchannel or pgatour.com favorite or just gets blindly bet up all the time?
2) Current Form: I usually just look back the last 3-5 tournaments and count the number of times player A has been in the 60's vs. how many times player B has.
3) Major Performance: This week, based on the type of course, I'm looking much more at the British and a little less on the US Open, and hardly none on the Masters'.
4) Head to Head: this is one of my favorites to use and the pay site that I use gives this to me rather easily. I will look at this both for FT and for individual rounds.
5) Attribute stats: these are the correlations that I do. Obviously this week I had nothing to build those correlations on, so I could only go by what I read. I did give length considerably more attenstion this week than I normally would.
6) When we get past rd1, I also like to look at what a player has done in rd2 relative to what they've typically done in rd1. In other words, if they went low do they tend to stay low, or conversely if they sucked, do they tend to continue to suck?
7) In rd2, I also like to look at how they finished rd1. Did they finish on high note or on a low? I'd rather be on the guys that finished on a high.
8) The last thing I can think of is, again on the pay site, I can find how the player does in strong wind relative to his regular scoring average. This is just one number comparison of 5 scoring avg in wind vs 5 year overall avg, but at least it's something.