Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Inside: Perfect Example of Propaganda
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4938
Location: Ohio
#1
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:45:59 PM

This just in:  Marijuana is as dangerous as any other drug out there.

http://alcoholism.about.com/b/2003/11/02/marijuana-causes-many-deaths-reported-as-accidents.htm

Wow!  Un Freakin Believable!

quote
TheGoldenGoose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 21341
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:15:23 PM

Nobody has ever overdosed or died from marijuana alone.  A few occasions throughout my lifetime I have, however, eaten full bags of potato chips.


quote
solsrt9305 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
solsrt9305
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 206
Location: Illinois
#3
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:24:12 PM
Britain's most senior coroner really? What an idiot.
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5797
Location: Nevada
#4
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:53:27 PM
I wonder who paid him to say that?
quote
I_Need_A_Detox
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14213
Location: Massachusetts
#5
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:55:56 PM
SteelCash loves weed........ 
quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4938
Location: Ohio
#6
Posted: 8/18/2012 2:57:09 PM

Yes I do!  I'll have to stop smoking it though.  I never realized it was as bad as crystal meth and heroine. 

This is the stupid garbage people read and much of the reason why cannabis has a bad rep.  Most people can see through the smoke, but some can't. 

We need to legalize freedom now!

quote
Randisist
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Randisist
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2979
Location: Texas
#7
Posted: 8/18/2012 3:24:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


Nobody has ever overdosed or died from marijuana alone.  A few occasions throughout my lifetime I have, however, eaten full bags of potato chips.




Oreo Cookies by the bag...


quote
AgentCooper
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
AgentCooper
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 200
Location: New York
#8
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:13:24 PM

"It is an awful waste of young lives."

I cracked up so much at that line alone it almost inspired me to write a movie about a zombie weed apocalypse that takes place in England with this coroner in it.  He's being interviewed about the spreading epidemic when a blazed out weeded out zombie bursts on the scene and rips his head off but in a funny way.

quote
Randisist
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Randisist
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2979
Location: Texas
#9
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:26:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AgentCooper:

"It is an awful waste of young lives."

I cracked up so much at that line alone it almost inspired me to write a movie about a zombie weed apocalypse that takes place in England with this coroner in it.  He's being interviewed about the spreading epidemic when a blazed out weeded out zombie bursts on the scene and rips his head off but in a funny way.



You may be on to something... Remember, zombies eat brains... The premise is the US Government has been experimenting with different herbicides in Mexico to kill off the marijuana crops. The unexpected side effect is the marijuana causes "Brain Munches"!!! Suddenly we have an explosion of unexplained murders where the victims brains are eaten... Once one of those potheads gets his fill of brains after getting high they returns to normal without realizing he killed someones and ate their brains. The police are stumped because there is noting linking the brainless corpses to those pot heads.

How bout that for a brand new story line???
quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#10
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:31:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SteelCash:

This just in:  Marijuana is as dangerous as any other drug out there.

http://alcoholism.about.com/b/2003/11/02/marijuana-causes-many-deaths-reported-as-accidents.htm

Wow!  Un Freakin Believable!


That was

November 2, 2003

lets post something more recent


BLF (British Lung Foundation) (Published June 2012)


Current evidence shows that smoking cannabis is hazardous to our lungs. We know far less about the effects of cannabis smoke than the impact of tobacco smoke. However, there is evidence that cannabis smoking is linked to many adverse effects, including:
• chronic coughing;
• wheezing;
• sputum (phlegm) production;
• tuberculosis;
• legionnaires’ disease;
• aspergillosis;
• acute bronchitis;
• airway obstruction;
• pneumothorax, and
• lung cancer.

• smoking both tobacco and cannabis appears to lead to a greater risk of COPD and pneumothorax than smoking a similar amount of tobacco alone.

We need to dedicate more resources to raising awareness of the impacts of cannabis smoking on respiratory health (and its impact on other aspects of people’s health), and to supporting people who want to stop smoking cannabis.
#########

13 March 2012
A recent review of cannabis research published in the British Medical Journal found those driving under the influence of cannabis had nearly double the risk of a car crash.





quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#11
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:33:52 PM
Public health education programmes need to be implemented to dispel the myth that smoking cannabis is relatively safe,
quote
bill702
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: WilliamHill.com |
bill702
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1983
Location: Nevada
#12
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:41:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BMA:

Public health education programmes need to be implemented to dispel the myth that smoking cannabis is relatively safe,
That's exactly right. I think it's viewed as being safe more than the dangers of it. I smoke every once in the while and would have no problem with it being legal, but to pretend that it is good for you is as bad as the government saying it will destroy your life.

quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#13
Posted: 8/18/2012 5:04:02 PM
Active constituents of cannabis
All forms of cannabis contain more than 400 chemicals, including 60 different ‘cannabinoids’ - plant derivatives that are unique to cannabis. The most common is THC.

THC is highly soluble in fats and rapidly absorbed by the lungs and gut tract lining, where it enters the bloodstream.

 From there, it travels to the heart and brain.

Other cannabinoids include cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol. The amounts and proportions of the cannabinoids in each plant vary from strain to strain, and can be adjusted by breeding.

The intensity of cannabis’s intoxicating effects depends on the way it’s taken. Cannabis can be smoked, for example in a cannabis cigarette (‘joint’), pipe or using a vaporiser. There are many more complex methods of smoking cannabis too. Cannabis can also be swallowed as a food or drink.

The concentration of THC in the blood of someone who has smoked cannabis is about 70-75 per cent higher than that of someone who has swallowed it . A smoker will inhale about half the THC in the ‘mainstream’ smoke of a herbal cannabis cigarette (from the mouth end, rather than ‘sidestream’ smoke from the burning end). It will quickly enter the bloodstream and reach the brain in minutes.
######


Components of cannabis smoke
Cannabis smoke contains various chemicals, including THC, carbon monoxide and carcinogens (substances that cause cancer).

Previous studies have shown that with each puff, the components of cannabis smoke become more concentrated, meaning the joint gets stronger and stronger towards the end.

 So, smoking fewer cannabis cigarettes down to a shorter butt length could mean taking in a greater number of smoke components than smoking the same amount of cannabis in more cigarettes smoked to a longer butt length.

quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4633
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 8/18/2012 6:08:33 PM
I say legalize it so we can hate Big Marijuana as much as we hate Big Tobacco.
quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4938
Location: Ohio
#15
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:00:19 AM

     Here we go again...

     BMA...

     The article is 9 years old.  You act like it was printed in 1910.  It's an absurb article.

Public health education programmes need to be implemented to dispel the myth that smoking cannabis is relatively safe,

     The above is also absurd because there are programs in place, and, it is relatively safe.  Cannabis is one of the safest substances known to man.  And when people say it's "relatively safe", they mean in comparison to other things.  It is safer than alcohol, cigarettes, heroine, crack, cocaine, crystal meth, and many of the very addictive pain killers out there. 

     Let's go back to your post #10.  It's a lie.

     There is no link between smoking cannabis and lung cancer.  Nor do I or any of my pot smoking friends cough or suffer from wheezing. 

    
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060526083353.htm

     These friggin people and their propaganda

     Not one university or medical institution has EVER found a single case where someone had cancer from smoking cannabis.  THERE ARE NO LINKS BETWEEN CANCER AND CANNABIS.  As a matter of fact a study done by Dr. Donald Tashkin of UCLA indicated that cannabis smokers, even heavy users, are less apt to get cancer than the general public.  This makes sense seeing that marijuana FIGHTS CANCER.  It is believed that while the smoke does contain carcinogens, the cancer fighting agents in the cannabinoids effectively reverse the effects by destroying the carcinogens.

      

    

    

    

quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#16
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:06:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BMA:


That was

November 2, 2003

lets post something more recent


BLF (British Lung Foundation) (Published June 2012)


Current evidence shows that smoking cannabis is hazardous to our lungs. We know far less about the effects of cannabis smoke than the impact of tobacco smoke. However, there is evidence that cannabis smoking is linked to many adverse effects, including:
• chronic coughing;
• wheezing;
• sputum (phlegm) production;
• tuberculosis;
• legionnaires’ disease;
• aspergillosis;
• acute bronchitis;
• airway obstruction;
• pneumothorax, and
• lung cancer.

• smoking both tobacco and cannabis appears to lead to a greater risk of COPD and pneumothorax than smoking a similar amount of tobacco alone.

We need to dedicate more resources to raising awareness of the impacts of cannabis smoking on respiratory health (and its impact on other aspects of people’s health), and to supporting people who want to stop smoking cannabis.
#########

13 March 2012
A recent review of cannabis research published in the British Medical Journal found those driving under the influence of cannabis had nearly double the risk of a car crash.









"The report references over 80 peer-reviewed research papers, is the most comprehensive report of its kind yet compiled, and has itself been peer-reviewed by a panel of independent experts."

quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#17
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:12:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SteelCash:

     Here we go again...

     BMA...

     The article is 9 years old.  You act like it was printed in 1910.  It's an absurb article.

Public health education programmes need to be implemented to dispel the myth that smoking cannabis is relatively safe,

     The above is also absurd because there are programs in place, and, it is relatively safe.  Cannabis is one of the safest substances known to man.  And when people say it's "relatively safe", they mean in comparison to other things.  It is safer than alcohol, cigarettes, heroine, crack, cocaine, crystal meth, and many of the very addictive pain killers out there. 

     Let's go back to your post #10.  It's a lie.

     There is no link between smoking cannabis and lung cancer.  Nor do I or any of my pot smoking friends cough or suffer from wheezing. 

    
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060526083353.htm

     These friggin people and their propaganda

     Not one university or medical institution has EVER found a single case where someone had cancer from smoking cannabis.  THERE ARE NO LINKS BETWEEN CANCER AND CANNABIS.  As a matter of fact a study done by Dr. Donald Tashkin of UCLA indicated that cannabis smokers, even heavy users, are less apt to get cancer than the general public.  This makes sense seeing that marijuana FIGHTS CANCER.  It is believed that while the smoke does contain carcinogens, the cancer fighting agents in the cannabinoids effectively reverse the effects by destroying the carcinogens.

      

   

    

  

Cannabis and tobacco cigarettes
Evidence firmly shows that smoking tobacco causes lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). People often mix cannabis with tobacco, particularly resin as it needs tobacco for the desired ‘slow burn’. This makes it difficult to isolate which health problems cannabis causes and which problems are caused by tobacco.

The active ingredients of cannabis plants and tobacco plants differ. Only cannabis has THC and only tobacco has nicotine. Otherwise, cannabis and tobacco smoke contain largely the same substances, including carbon monoxide, tar and carcinogens.
Cannabis smoke has the same carcinogens as tobacco smoke, including ‘benzanthracenes’ and ‘benzpyrenes’. But cannabis smoke may contain up to 50 per cent higher concentrations than tobacco smoke.

People generally smoke cannabis cigarettes less often than tobacco cigarettes. However, the way they inhale is very different. When smoking cannabis, people take in a puff volume (the amount taken into the mouth) two-thirds larger than if they were smoking tobacco. The inhaled volume (the amount that reaches the lungs) is larger too. Cannabis smokers also hold the smoke in their mouths four times longer, and end up with five times the amount of carboxyhaemoglobin in their blood per cigarette smoked.

This means it’s likely that the body retains much more of the products of cannabis smoke, leading to a greater respiratory burden of carbon monoxide and smoke particles than when smoking a similar quantity of tobacco. It’s estimated that someone smoking a cannabis cigarette inhales four times more tar compared with smoking a tobacco cigarette. They also retain one-third more tar in the respiratory tract. It’s believed that this is because of the longer breath-holding time associated with cannabis, and differences in the filtering characteristics between the two types of cigarette


"The report references over 80 peer-reviewed research papers, is the most comprehensive report of its kind yet compiled, and has itself been peer-reviewed by a panel of independent experts."




quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#18
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:17:14 AM
The wider impacts of smoking cannabis are well documented and include dependence on the drug, increased risk of motor vehicle accidents, cardiovascular disease and mental health problems.

REF

BLF (British Lung Foundation) (Published June 2012)

"The report references over 80 peer-reviewed research papers, is the most comprehensive report of its kind yet compiled, and has itself been peer-reviewed by a panel of independent experts."




quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4938
Location: Ohio
#19
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:23:23 AM

We need to dedicate more resources to raising awareness of the impacts of cannabis smoking on respiratory health (and its impact on other aspects of people’s health), and to supporting people who want to stop smoking cannabis.

     Yeah... that's what we need.  More programs for people that want to stop a near completely harmless activity that's less addictive than coffee.  Great idea.

     http://www.procon.org/view.background-resource.php?resourceID=1492

     smoking both tobacco and cannabis appears to lead to a greater risk of COPD and pneumothorax than smoking a similar amount of tobacco alone.

     Yeah... and if you smoke marijuana and do crystal meth all day long you might have all your teeth rot away.  What's your point?  Great argument there you friggin idiots.

     A recent review of cannabis research published in the British Medical Journal found those driving under the influence of cannabis had nearly double the risk of a car crash.

     Drivers impaired by cannabis present a lower crash culpability than those impaired by alcohol.  And as you know, you can buy alcohol almost anywhere. 

http://norml.org/library/health-reports/item/norml-s-marijuana-health-mythology#3
 
     Many will tell you that marijuana makes the roads safer because many people substitute alcohol with marijuana.  This argument is mute however.  Don't get in a car if you've been drinking or smoking cannabis.  Why was this debate even brought up?  People shouldn't wake up in the morning and jump in a car 15 minutes later but it happens all the time. 

    

    


 

quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4938
Location: Ohio
#20
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:26:42 AM

All forms of cannabis contain more than 400 chemicals, including 60 different ‘cannabinoids’ - plant derivatives that are unique to cannabis. The most common is THC.

     This is one of my favorites.  Coffee has about 1,500 chemicals in it.  Rat poison has about 30.

     There is no correlation between the number of chemicals and the toxicity of a substance.

quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4938
Location: Ohio
#21
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:29:25 AM
Show me the "evidence" of cannabis causing cancer.  Show it to me please.  I'm begging you.
quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4938
Location: Ohio
#22
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:30:33 AM

Show me a doctor.  Give me a name.  Give me a patient name.  You can't.

    

quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4938
Location: Ohio
#23
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:36:50 AM

Marijuana increases brain cell formation in the hippocampus.  It promotes brain cell growth.  However, the propagandists will tell you it kills brain cells.

http://nugs.com/article/marijuana-increases-brain-cell-formation-in-the-hippocampus.html

quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#24
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:40:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SteelCash:

Show me the "evidence" of cannabis causing cancer.  Show it to me please.  I'm begging you.



Aldington S, Harwood M, Cox B et al. Cannabis use and risk of lung cancer: a case-control study. In: Eur Respir J, Feb, 31(2), 280-286 p.

A rigorous case-control study by Aldington and colleagues39 in 2008 made significant progress in showing that the link exists. The authors analysed the smoking habits of people diagnosed with lung cancer and a control group without lung cancer. Their major finding was that smoking cannabis increases the risk of developing lung cancer in young adults. The study also suggests that smoking one cannabis cigarette a day for one year increases the risk of lung cancer by 8 per cent. Importantly, researchers took variables including tobacco smoking into account when calculating this figure.

By way of comparison, the same study suggests that smoking one pack of tobacco cigarettes (20 cigarettes) a day for one year increased the risk of lung cancer by 7 per cent. This suggests that smoking just one cannabis cigarette increases the risk of developing lung cancer by a similar amount as smoking 20 tobacco cigarettes. The study also concluded that 5 per cent of lung cancers in those aged 55 or under may be caused by smoking cannabis.

quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#25
Posted: 8/19/2012 11:41:58 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SteelCash:

Show me the "evidence" of cannabis causing cancer.  Show it to me please.  I'm begging you.



Berthiller J, Straif K, Boniol M et al. 2008. Cannabis smoking and risk of lung cancer in men: a pooled analysis of three studies in Maghreb. In: Thorac Oncol, Dec, 3(12), 1,398-1,403 p.
A study by Berthiller and colleagues looking at cannabis smoking in North African men showed a 2.4-fold increase in the risk of lung cancer among men who had smoked cannabis compared with those who had never smoked it. This was after adjustment for age, tobacco smoking, occupational exposures and country.
quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.