Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: 5 Things Mitt Doesn't Want You to Know About Paul Ryan
Daddy_Freddie send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
Daddy_Freddie
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 889
Location: Nevada
#1
Posted: 8/11/2012 9:00:44 PM
1. His budget plans include big cuts, and there's ample room for Democrats to continue with their "Romneyhood narrative." The nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities estimates 62 percent of Ryan's cuts are to programs for the poor.

2. Ryan's budget proposals have included big changes to Medicare - including gradually replacing the program with a voucher program for private health care, and gradually raising the retirement age. That could scare older Americans, a crucial voting bloc.

3. He voted for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP. While a lot of other Republicans did too, and it was proposed by the Bush administration, some have viewed it as a rejection of the conservative economic values Ryan and hard-line fiscal conservatives espouse.

4. He's easily pegged as Washington insider. He's been in Congress since 1999, and before that he worked as a congressional staffer. Congressional approval ratings are abysmally low- a recent CBS News/NY Times poll showed that only 12 percent of voters approve of the way Congress is doing its job.

5. This is both a pro and a con to Ryan, depending on who you ask, but he's notably further to the left on the issue of lesbian, bisexual, happy and transgender rights than the base of the party. He broke with a lot of his party to support the Employee Non-Discrimination Act in 2007. He explained his reasoning for the vote in this way: "They [his happy friends] didn't roll out of bed one morning and choose to be happy. That's who they are."

quote
Daddy_Freddie send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
Daddy_Freddie
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 889
Location: Nevada
#2
Posted: 8/11/2012 9:01:30 PM
a recent CBS News/NY Times poll showed that only 12 percent of voters approve of the way Congress is doing its job. If ONLY 12 percent approve how can they keep getting re-elected...
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 49962
Location: United States
#3
Posted: 8/11/2012 9:11:21 PM
He is a corporate owned right wing phony, just like Mitt.

You are correct though..if Romney wins (I dont see how) expect the war machine to return, the poor and elderly to take it across the face per the usual Republican gameplan.


quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20883
Location: United States
#4
Posted: 8/11/2012 9:27:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Daddy_Freddie:

a recent CBS News/NY Times poll showed that only 12 percent of voters approve of the way Congress is doing its job. If ONLY 12 percent approve how can they keep getting re-elected...


i saw an article about a poll that said most people disapprove of congress and think they all should be voted out except the congress people in their own district.  that's the kind of thinking we're dealing with these days 
quote
TheGoldenGoose
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
TheGoldenGoose
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 22237
Location: Belize
#5
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:38:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

He is a corporate owned right wing phony, just like Mitt.

You are correct though..if Romney wins (I dont see how) expect the war machine to return, the poor and elderly to take it across the face per the usual Republican gameplan.





Wally is spot on again. 
quote
Slovak send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Slovak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 10899
Location: Indiana
#6
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:43:01 AM
I think he should use his first name. He goes by his middle name Mitt because he thinks it is cool. It isn't.

Willard
quote
depeche2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
depeche2
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Location: Illinois
#7
Posted: 8/12/2012 12:05:30 PM
Romney's already running from Ryan and his "marvelous" plans.  Hilarious.
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8747
Location:
#8
Posted: 8/12/2012 1:16:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by depeche2:

Romney's already running from Ryan and his "marvelous" plans.  Hilarious.


Evidence or bs
I predict <crickets>

The fear and perspiration among Dems is palpable. It smells like bad BO.
quote
jmw59 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jmw59
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 13722
Location: Louisiana
#9
Posted: 8/12/2012 2:13:48 PM
should have chosen Ron Paul
quote
-29-
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
-29-
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3254
Location: Virginia
#10
Posted: 8/12/2012 3:37:34 PM

If you were to comprise a list of things that dems wouldn't want you to know about Obama, it would would be far more extensive than just five items. The Obama list would also be far more valid as it would be based on actual facts rather than opinions of a leftist hack. 

 

quote
SirJohnDrake send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SirJohnDrake
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12573
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 8/12/2012 9:48:56 PM

Romney and Ryan IMHO will get this country back on track economically.

They will get our fiscal house in order by cutting back on out of control spending and paying down the outrageous 16 trillion dollar deficit created by the food stamp, welfare check, freebie handout prez that's now in office.

Romney and Ryan in 012!

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 23655
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 8/12/2012 10:00:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jmw59:

should have chosen Ron Paul


paul is a fiscal conservative, personal rights/freedoms, not trying to institute an iranian like theocracy...

and therefore his party has no interest in him...  If he were running for president he would have my vote...
quote
joe pockets
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
joe pockets
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 1065
Location:
#13
Posted: 8/13/2012 11:23:13 AM
yep...Just like Gwb & Lon Chaney !
quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 35080
Location: California
#14
Posted: 8/13/2012 12:10:27 PM
I don't think I like Paul Ryan. Why? Because he's a politician, and quite frankly, all politicians have done for my lifetime is basically lie about what they are going to do or want to do. I don't really trust any of them. That being said:

1. I'm OK with budgetary cuts as our spending is silly out of control, and to point out that 62% are from cut to programs to the poor is kinda the manipulation of statistics. From a non-defense spending perspective, what percentage of US spending is for low income individuals? I bet its a high portion. It makes sense then if we are examining just non-defense budget cuts that a higher than 50% portion will come from programs that serve low income families.

2. I'd be OK  with changing Medicare, raising the retirement age, etc..

3. TARP is an abomination and a clear thumbs down for me. If a business is going to fail, let it fail.

4. Wait, he uses common sense and doesn't let prejudice take hold, and is for LBGT rights? Great, glad to see someone knows how to use their brain and doesn't just fall lock-step into what the "base" of the party wants.


quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37846
Location: Minnesota
#15
Posted: 8/13/2012 12:23:08 PM
They will get our fiscal house in order by cutting back on out of control spending and paying down the outrageous 16 trillion dollar deficit created by the food stamp, welfare check, freebie handout prez that's now in office.

___________

Funny how you forgot to mention the wars.

You are such a moron.  If it doesn't fit into your schema, apparently it doesn't exist.  I'm going to start calling you the ostrich.  
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5845
Location: Nevada
#16
Posted: 8/13/2012 1:03:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

I don't think I like Paul Ryan. Why? Because he's a politician, and quite frankly, all politicians have done for my lifetime is basically lie about what they are going to do or want to do. I don't really trust any of them. That being said:

1. I'm OK with budgetary cuts as our spending is silly out of control, and to point out that 62% are from cut to programs to the poor is kinda the manipulation of statistics. From a non-defense spending perspective, what percentage of US spending is for low income individuals? I bet its a high portion. It makes sense then if we are examining just non-defense budget cuts that a higher than 50% portion will come from programs that serve low income families.

2. I'd be OK  with changing Medicare, raising the retirement age, etc..

3. TARP is an abomination and a clear thumbs down for me. If a business is going to fail, let it fail.

4. Wait, he uses common sense and doesn't let prejudice take hold, and is for LBGT rights? Great, glad to see someone knows how to use their brain and doesn't just fall lock-step into what the "base" of the party wants.



I wouldn't have a problem with social welfare programs being cut but not if the rich are going to get tax breaks during this time. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/11/opinion/paul-ryans-cramped-vision.html?smid=fb-share


quote
Hirschfelder send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hirschfelder
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2490
Location:
#17
Posted: 8/16/2012 7:25:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SirJohnDrake:

They will get our fiscal house in order by cutting back on out of control spending and paying down the outrageous 16 trillion dollar deficit created by the food stamp, welfare check, freebie handout prez that's now in office.

Because voting for TARP was fiscally conservative

Because voting to create the Medicare prescription drug benefit in 2003 at a cost of over $400 billion was fiscally conservative

Because voting to raise the debt limit was fiscally conservative

Because voting to provide $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers was fiscally conservative

Because voting to extend unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks was fiscally conservative (I though deficit was created by the welfare check prez, not republican congressman voting to extend welfare)

Because voting to go to war in Iraq was fiscally conservative

Because voting to give an extra $78 billion to the war in Iraq was fiscally conservative

Because voting to give the Iraq war no end date was fiscally conservative

Because voting to give $15 billion to Chrysler and GM was fiscally conservative

Because voting on a $192 billion stimulus was fiscally conservative

Because voting to extend the Bush tax cuts was fiscally conservative

Ryan has voted in favor of every govt program that has added to the deficit in the last decade. Try thinking for yourself, idiot, go sit at the kiddie table with that other mental midget espanade


quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 20883
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 8/16/2012 10:13:12 AM
hirshfelder, you don't udnerstand what the term conservative means in today's republican party.  a conservative is defined as: any politician who gets on tv (preferably fox) and says, "I'm a conservative."  and if you say it more than a couple of times, then you're really conservative and the republicans will believe it. 
quote
LeRinkRat
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
LeRinkRat
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 46962
Location: Nevada
#19
Posted: 8/17/2012 3:55:31 PM

i saw an article about a poll that said most people disapprove of congress and think they all should be voted out except the congress people in their own district. that's the kind of thinking we're dealing with these days

that PLUS Jerrymandered congressional districts where they NEVER change parties is about three-quarters of the Congress  

quote
Biscuiteater1
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Biscuiteater1
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 10053
Location: Wisconsin
#20
Posted: 8/19/2012 6:26:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by -29-:

If you were to comprise a list of things that dems wouldn't want you to know about Obama, it would would be far more extensive than just five items. The Obama list would also be far more valid as it would be based on actual facts rather than opinions of a leftist hack. 

 

Do they know something we dont?The dems that is.
quote
Getty3
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Getty3
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 17077
Location: Florida
#21
Posted: 8/19/2012 7:17:43 PM
The big divide in this country is not between Democrats and Republicans, but between talkers and doers.
Politicians are not really trying to solve our problems. They're trying to say the things that can get them elected or re-elected. Anything that gets done which happens to benefit you the voter, is merely a fortuitous coincidence.
quote
mainmanmainman2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4309
Location: Antarctica
#22
Posted: 8/19/2012 7:32:05 PM
6) ryan does px90 and will beat mitt in a fist fight.
quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.