Can someone tell me how affrimative action is not racist

Forum: General Discussion Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Can someone tell me how affrimative action is not racist
AustinHoopDream PM AustinHoopDream
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8408
 
AustinHoopDream
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:00:24 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EazyFBaby:



You are an absolute clown if you think that racism is the same as it was 50 years ago... please elaborate on how that statement makes me an idiot, not really expecting much out of you though.


i didnt say it was the same. it is more insidious and masked.

blacks comprised about 13 percent of all people who use drugs at least once a month, but they were 35 percent of state-level drug possession arrests, 53 percent of convictions and 58 percent of those in prison on drug convictions.

blacks make up about  10% of the general population yest over 38% of the prison population

whites with a bachelors degree can expect to earn $2.5M over a lifetime while blacks and hispanics with a bachelors degree can expect to earn $1.9M over a life time

thee are 27 hispanics in congress about 5% of the total and hispanics makeup about 16% of the population



HoldEm00 PM HoldEm00
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 8956
 
HoldEm00
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:03:22 AM

Scalabrine wont find one person on this forum that agrees with him. Al sharpton and Jesse Jackson dont count (there not on this forum and they have been proven to be racists countless times)

 

Scalabrine is the equivilant on this site as Skip Bayless is on first take............. says the most outlandish things to get reactions.......... no way any human being could think the way he does, like he got beat every day of his life, and now hes so down he cant think straight

HoldEm00 PM HoldEm00
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 8956
 
HoldEm00
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:15:09 AM

ok so out of the thousands of posters on this site..... one poster maybe fluffed scal.

 

1 outta 2000 is about on par i think. theres always one whacko in 2000 people anyways,,,,,,,,,,point is Scal is racist and everyone here knows

AustinHoopDream PM AustinHoopDream
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8408
 
AustinHoopDream
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:30:20 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AustinHoopDream:



i didnt say it was the same. it is more insidious and masked.

blacks comprised about 13 percent of all people who use drugs at least once a month, but they were 35 percent of state-level drug possession arrests, 53 percent of convictions and 58 percent of those in prison on drug convictions.

blacks make up about  10% of the general population yest over 38% of the prison population

whites with a bachelors degree can expect to earn $2.5M over a lifetime while blacks and hispanics with a bachelors degree can expect to earn $1.9M over a life time

thee are 27 hispanics in congress about 5% of the total and hispanics makeup about 16% of the population





too facty for you???


sowhat83 PM sowhat83
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 484
 
sowhat83
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/23/2012 10:56:36 AM
watch this....it's kinda funny...

this is a real as it gets.....this guy isn't racist...he just doesn't like blacks..why is that racist? he didn't say he believes Polynesians are superior to blacks...he just doesn't like blacks for his own personal reasons...that's NOT racist...it's his preference..just like Fruit Loops in the morning instead of Special K...
AustinHoopDream PM AustinHoopDream
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8408
 
AustinHoopDream
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:01:31 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sowhat83:

watch this....it's kinda funny...

this is a real as it gets.....this guy isn't racist...he just doesn't like blacks..why is that racist? he didn't say he believes Polynesians are superior to blacks...he just doesn't like blacks for his own personal reasons...that's NOT racist...it's his preference..just like Fruit Loops in the morning instead of Special K...


i know you are not that clever so i will take it slow...

every bowl of fruit loops tastes pretty much the same

every bowl of special k tastes pretty much the same

taking your views on one black person and extrapolating that across an entire population is by DEFINITION racist.

do you understand that lego blocks boy???

is this ritarda? 5 ??? woop??
HutchEmAll PM HutchEmAll
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38673
 
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:26:36 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:



You better tell that to the US Supreme court, dope



That's called "preferential affirmative action."  There is a difference.  
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:42:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AustinHoopDream:



i didnt say it was the same. it is more insidious and masked.

blacks comprised about 13 percent of all people who use drugs at least once a month, but they were 35 percent of state-level drug possession arrests, 53 percent of convictions and 58 percent of those in prison on drug convictions.

blacks make up about  10% of the general population yest over 38% of the prison population

whites with a bachelors degree can expect to earn $2.5M over a lifetime while blacks and hispanics with a bachelors degree can expect to earn $1.9M over a life time

thee are 27 hispanics in congress about 5% of the total and hispanics makeup about 16% of the population





What the hell does any of that have to do with racism/affirmative action?
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:43:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HoldEm00:

Scalabrine wont find one person on this forum that agrees with him. Al sharpton and Jesse Jackson dont count (there not on this forum and they have been proven to be racists countless times)

 

Scalabrine is the equivilant on this site as Skip Bayless is on first take............. says the most outlandish things to get reactions.......... no way any human being could think the way he does, like he got beat every day of his life, and now hes so down he cant think straight




AustinHoopDream PM AustinHoopDream
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8408
 
AustinHoopDream
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/23/2012 11:58:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EazyFBaby:



What the hell does any of that have to do with racism/affirmative action?


jesus you are a stupid idiot....you said racism was no longer relevant...i am demonstrating it is relevant.

you are too stupid to argue with....
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2012 12:23:59 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AustinHoopDream:



jesus you are a stupid idiot....you said racism was no longer relevant...i am demonstrating it is relevant.

you are too stupid to argue with....


Wait so just because whites earn more that's automatically racist? Just because more blacks are arrested means that it's racist? Just because there aren't more Hispanics in Congress means that's racist? Wow dude, do you have an IQ of a spoon or something? If you seriously think what you just stated represents racism than God have mercy on your soul
D_Unit PM D_Unit
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2642
 
D_Unit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2012 1:19:31 PM
Austinhoopdream throws out the verbal insults on intelligence...oh the irony.
AustinHoopDream PM AustinHoopDream
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 8408
 
AustinHoopDream
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/23/2012 2:39:12 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by EazyFBaby:



Wait so just because whites earn more that's automatically racist? Just because more blacks are arrested means that it's racist? Just because there aren't more Hispanics in Congress means that's racist? Wow dude, do you have an IQ of a spoon or something? If you seriously think what you just stated represents racism than God have mercy on your soul

you are one thick headed block head...

EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2012 4:15:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by D_Unit:

Austinhoopdream throws out the verbal insults on intelligence...oh the irony.


That's what those who have pea-sized brains resort to, verbal insults
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43754
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/23/2012 7:32:40 PM

Its racist. There is ZERO doubt. Its based on the color of your skin. There is NO WAY it cant be racist. NONE.

They arent removing names and simply looking at test scores and interview questions......They need to know if you are non white so they can meet the REQUIRED quota of non white employees.

Racist.

TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43754
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/23/2012 7:36:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by scalabrine:


From the lips of a white man: "Listen! This law is a slap in the face to you Blacks! It makes you look inferior to us Whites! Don't you know that! Don't you want to be on an equal plane with us!"

What whites like this poster don't realize is that the biggest beneficiaries of AA were not Blacks, but white women which the law was amended to include equal protection for in 1967.

No. White men like this choose NOT to mention this part of the law because they:

A) are married to or are in relationships with white women
B) pursue white women on a daily basis (and largely fail)
C) have family members, including, most importantly, their mothers, sisters, grandmothers and Aunts that are white women.

I wonder if this poster would tell white women that AA is the most sexist law of our generation, since it was necessary to allow them full protection in the white male dominated employment sector. 

As numerous studies have confirmed, that after all this 'Affirmative Action' in their favor, women STILL make $.77 to $.80 on the dollar compared to men, even today, and that even after controlling for many relevant factors. And these aren't flimsy studies either, this is the Government Accounting Office doing the reporting.

I wonder if this poster will tell any white women at the family Thanksgiving Day table they haven't made enough progress and AA is holding them back because it presupposes their inferiority and that they aren't far enough along as they should be "as a group (compared to where) they were 40 years ago" as they ask for the crescent rolls and a second helping of cranberry sauce. 

I wonder if he'd have enough courage to do that since the beneficiaries are represented right before his eyes.

Probably not huh...This law is ONLY about Blacks right?

Anyone have some extra stuffing for this turkey of a poster??? 

So its racist AND sexist. Thanks for pointing that out. First real contribution you've made to this site.

14daroad PM 14daroad
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
 
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/23/2012 8:25:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


That's called "preferential affirmative action."  There is a difference.  


No dope, it isn't

See the term "preferential affirmative action" is not used in any court document, any public university school admissions program, or any other relevant literature.

You need to learn to quit while you're behind.
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/24/2012 12:00:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

So its racist AND sexist. Thanks for pointing that out. First real contribution you've made to this site.




dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27850
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/24/2012 1:21:34 AM
It is too typical that a thread like this would bring out scalabrine and the 2 of the racist/bigot aliases on this site...

Eazy... let me break it down to you real simple... in terms that make sense to you... not what the formal terms might mean...

affirmative action is a racist... It is a racist compensation to the racism (both historically and currently) that exists/existed...

If the racism did not exist in the first place there would be no need for affirmative action/quotas and BS like that... So rather then bitching about affirmative action which is the symptom...  people should be bitching about the cause which is the discriminatory practices in the first place...

but because that will never happen then the racist concept affirmative action exists...
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/24/2012 2:25:43 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:

It is too typical that a thread like this would bring out scalabrine and the 2 of the racist/bigot aliases on this site...

Eazy... let me break it down to you real simple... in terms that make sense to you... not what the formal terms might mean...

affirmative action is a racist... It is a racist compensation to the racism (both historically and currently) that exists/existed...

If the racism did not exist in the first place there would be no need for affirmative action/quotas and BS like that... So rather then bitching about affirmative action which is the symptom...  people should be bitching about the cause which is the discriminatory practices in the first place...

but because that will never happen then the racist concept affirmative action exists...


Good points
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22000
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/25/2012 12:16:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sowhat83:



lol..typical..yawn....hero of the underrepresented.....

Supporters of these racist and sexist policies , as you claim to be,claim to be anti-racist and anti-sexist (in the case of gender quotas), but in all reality it's they  that really are racist and sexist.

A true anti-racist and anti-sexist shouldn't care whether or not some ethnic groups or gender is over-represented or under-represented anywhere. The only thing they should care about is whether or not the most qualified get the position. Only if they are shut out on account of their race or gender should we be concerned. And , ironically, this is exactly what affirmative action/quotas will do: shut out whites or men just on account of their race or gender. The alleged anti-racism of the "anti-racists" have made them into racists.

As the test scores of blacks in public schools and the far higher failure rate of those admitted under affirmative action illustrates, their under-representation simply reflects that they are under-represented among those who are qualified.....

While white racists use that under-representation to argue for rejecting all blacks -even those who are qualified-, black racists and white leftists use it to reject qualified whites. In society today, only white racists are recognized as racists, black racists and white leftists are really just as racist, only they are anti-white rather than anti-black as the white racists. Both adhere to the racist principle of rejecting someone better qualified just because of their race or sex.

Yet another delusional, self afflicted white male finds his way on this site. It never ends does it? But when you press them for answers, they always respond with convenient generalities that they have been indoctrinated with by fellow white males who can't understand why the white male privilege structure slowly erodes in this country in the 21st century (that includes the hapless OP and the usual suspects within this thread).

Let's tell him a simple fact and see how he responds:

He says AA is a racist and sexist policy; that is, it is racist against white males and sexist against them as well. They lose BOTH the color and gender battle today and have to fight through that additional barrier in the quest for 'earning' their rightful place in the corporate and educational arenas.

Isn't it ironic that very same statement could have been made literally the very second after AA was signed into law and then amended to include women in 1967?

But would that have even made sense after centuries of suppression by the white male hand to quarantine the larger benefits of society and its power and status when a law attempted to at a minimum, mitigate that trend (of course, passed by white males themselves who dominated government at virtually every corner).

Why was this law necessary?

Well this is where white males who believe AA is working against them get VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.

It was undeniable fact that job opportunities, promotions, equal pay school admissions and financial aid, the very things AA attempts to at least allow others some access to, were the exclusive province of whites before 1961, the year it was signed into law. 

Who will deny this? Anyone? The Jim Crow laws, du jour segregation and de facto segregation that existed before 1961 were perfectly evident.

So the law itself came into effect PRECISELY BECAUSE OF WHITE MALE RACIST attitudes, policies, procedures and laws. And it was blatant!

AA was a way to respond to their racist American society and attempt to recognize other races and females within society. 

Now 50 years later, all the white males born after the fact believe THEY are the afflicted because all they see is a law that doesn't allow them to maintain the historical status quo they have enjoyed for centuries in this country, that is, systematic and institutional enforcement of white male supremacist policies, the very law that, in all likelihood their parents and grandparents, both likely living today, by default benefited from. 

That is how you know the age of these posters. They need scapegoats in a sputtering economy. They see their low bank accounts and smaller houses and low-end cars or the school they ended up going to that wasn't as prominent and they say, "Hey, why am I not doing as well as my parents?? IT MUST BE THOSE DAMN MINORITIES!!!"

Hannity, Limbaugh, Levin etc. etc. etc. make a living off this kind of demagoguery and Mr. 94 poster here is living proof of this. He willingly latches onto this thinking like the Trains/Holdem's/Slovaks of this site because they need an outlet for their resentment. Minorities are the easiest target, especially blacks. Forget women. They've been told about women being the biggest beneficiaries by far, but they are white so they let it slide. The microscope comes back to the minorities after all is said and done, Blacks in particular.

So, we have already proven this law came into existence because white males wanted NOTHING to do with Blacks and women taking their jobs, educational opportunities, and income PRECISELY because they were Black and female. And they weren't shy about it. White males preached it openly both throughout all of society pre-1961.

I'll ask again, where is the evidence that in the past 50 years their racist and sexist attitudes have been completely weened out of jobs and schools and society? Women STILL make .77 on the dollar compared to men in 2012. Blacks? I could fill this thread up for days with evidence there is systematic and institutional racism in full bloom within American society today. Please cite the studies here that you have that says otherwise.

See this is typical white male privilege based thinking. He says when the policy needs to be changed. History be damned. He was born with the 'white is right' birthright and he believes he will dictate when AA has been in the law long enough to remedy the racism and sexism of yesteryear; centuries for blacks and millenia for women.  

Listen kid. I eat you guys like you for breakfast on this site and then floss you out from in between my teeth. You are no different then the rest of them. The Billysink's and Crod's etc. etc. were all dealt with and dispatched and you will be too. You have been warned. 

Do me a favor. Make like your avatar and take two golfballs and put one in each cheek on the back nine of your next outing. That look will more than suit you and say so much by doing so little.  
scalabrine PM scalabrine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 22000
 
scalabrine
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/25/2012 12:21:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by dl36:

It is too typical that a thread like this would bring out scalabrine and the 2 of the racist/bigot aliases on this site...

Eazy... let me break it down to you real simple... in terms that make sense to you... not what the formal terms might mean...

affirmative action is a racist... It is a racist compensation to the racism (both historically and currently) that exists/existed...

If the racism did not exist in the first place there would be no need for affirmative action/quotas and BS like that... So rather then bitching about affirmative action which is the symptom...  people should be bitching about the cause which is the discriminatory practices in the first place...

but because that will never happen then the racist concept affirmative action exists...

In the bizarro world of DL, the Civil Rights movement should have been about 'bitching' about white male racist society erected against them as opposed to protesting and assembling en masse for laws to protect the rights of those very people that should have been ensured under the Constitution. "I have a dream" should have been "I want to girl." Doesn't carry the same tune or effect now does it...

But in the white male world of privilege and in this poster's pea brain, any law which seeks out the enforcement of these guarantees is racist, thereby proving he has no idea what the hell that word means and applies it like a grade schooler would. 

No surprise there. Not for this poster. 
dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27850
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/25/2012 5:48:47 AM
scal... I was speaking to the OP in a way he can understand it...

you I think you are misinterpreting the bitching comment...

I can address you in the semantics of your paradigm if you would like...

I understand the formal definitions and why a minority cannot be racist... 

I understand the concept of white male privilege...

So I get your points... dont necessarily agree with it, but lets not pretend like I dont comprehend them...

So let me ask you this... am I incorrect with my point that affirmative action exists because of history/present inequities and there being no real incentive to make things more fair and therefore these types of interventions are necessary?
esplanade PM esplanade
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 9021
 
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/25/2012 10:17:11 AM
dl36 blowing scal. Just perfect.
The inarticulate outdoing the uneducated.
Male bonding, circle jerks, Covers noes........
EazyFBaby PM EazyFBaby
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 3291
 
EazyFBaby
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/25/2012 11:48:51 AM
I think I just got dumber after reading Scal's posts
Forum: General Discussion Page 3 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.