Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Can these questions be answered???
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#1
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:04:12 AM

Do you ever get the feeling that the mainstream media is feeding you a very watered-down and twisted version of the news?  Do you ever get the feeling that the federal government does not believe that the American people can actually be trusted with the truth?  It is exasperating to realize that the news that the public is being fed every single day is very heavily filtered and very heavily censored.  In a world where “spin” is everything, simply telling the truth is a revolutionary act.  Fortunately, the Internet has helped fuel the rise of the alternative media, and millions of Americans that are starting to wake up are turning to the alternative media for answers to their unanswered questions.  Increasingly, people are becoming willing to question the orthodoxy that is being shoved down their throats by the major news networks, and that is a very good thing.  The world is becoming an incredibly unstable place, and it is more imperative than ever that we all learn to think for ourselves.  We live during a time of great deception, and the lies are going to get even bigger and even more bold in the years to come.  If we don’t know why we believe what we believe, then we are in danger of falling for just about anything.

It is those that seek the truth that end up finding it.  If you just accept the version of reality that the system wants to feed you, then you are probably going to become what the system wants you to become.

But if you are not afraid to question everything, then you will have a chance to become everything that you were always meant to be.

So what are some things that we should be questioning right now?


#1 Why is the TSA being allowed to conduct warrantless searches at bus stations and train stations all over America?  According to an article in the Guardian, the following motto is displayed at the TSA’s air marshal training center: “Dominate. Intimidate. Control.”  Why is there no outrage over this?

#2 Why does the TSA believe that it is necessary to pat-down a 7-year-old girl with cerebral palsy?  Does touching the private areas of disabled little girls really improve our national security?

#3 Why does the Department of Homeland Security need Predator-B drones to patrol the border between the United States and Canada?

#4 Why is a militarized “Red Zone” being set up in Chicago three weeks prior to the upcoming NATO summit on May 20th and 21st?

#5 Why is the Milwaukee Red Cross being told to prepare for an evacuation of Chicago?

#6 Why is cesium-137 from the Fukushima nuclear disaster still showing up in milk in Montpelier, Vermont?  The following is from a recent Forbes article….

Radiation from Japan has been detected in drinking water in 13 more American cities, and cesium-137 has been found in American milk—in Montpelier, Vermont—for the first time since the Japan nuclear disaster began, according to data released by the Environmental Protection Agency late Friday.

#7 Why is there such little uproar over CISPA?  CISPA is going to allow companies to share our private online information with the government almost at will.  The following is from an article posted on the website of the Electronic Frontier Foundation….

CISPA creates an exception to all privacy laws to permit companies to share our information with each other and with the government in the name of cyber security. … CISPA’s ‘information sharing’ regime allows the transfer of vast amounts of data, including sensitive information like internet use history or the content of emails, to any agency in the government including military and intelligence agencies like the National Security Agency or the Department of Defense Cyber Command. Once in government hands, this information can be used for any non-regulatory purpose so long as one significant purpose is for cyber security or to protect national security.

#8 Why aren’t more people in the mainstream media alarmed that the economies of 11 different western nations have plunged into recession?

#9 Why did an ounce of gold only cost $58 in 1972 but it costs more than $1660 today?

#10 Why has the median price of a new home risen from $17,200 in 1963 to $212,000 today?


quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:05:02 AM

#11 Why are so many banks issuing credit cards that can have information silently stolen off of them by any thief that is willing to invest in a contactless credit card reader?

#12 Why have most Americans never even heard of the University of Pittsburgh study that found that common vaccines that we give our children produce autism-like symptoms in monkeys?

#13 Why is Wall Street laying off thousands of workers if the economy is getting better?

#14 Why has Spain banned all cash transactions over 2,500 euros?

#15 Why is there such a push to get more kids to go to college if most college graduates cannot find a decent job once they graduate?  Why is Mitt Romney telling young Americans to borrow money from their parents to get the education that they “need”?

#16 Why does the mainstream media in America almost completely ignore the brutal terror attacks that happen regularly in many countries in Africa?  For example, just the other day more than a dozen Christians were killed by a terror attack in the northern Nigerian city of Kano.  Back in January, nearly 200 were killed in coordinated attacks in that same city.  So why does the U.S. media very rarely ever talk about this?

#17 Why was a radical activist who once stated that he “wished all Republicans were fvcking dead” invited to speak at the National High School Journalism Convention?  Is it any surprise that he declared to his audience of high school students that we should all “learn to ignore the bulls— in the Bible“?

#18 Why did Barack Obama recently update an old executive order so that now he will be able to take charge of all food, all energy, all health resources and all transportation resources in the United States even in “non-emergency” situations?

#19 Why are federal government agencies stockpiling massive amounts of food and ammunition?  Do they know something that we don’t?

#20 Why will a mysterious Spanish company be reporting the election results for hundreds of U.S. jurisdictions on election day 2012?

#21 Why do “scientific reports” that proclaim that there is a desperate need for global population control get very prominent coverage in newspapers all over the western world?

#22 Why are the "wealthy" allowed to pay no income tax?

#23 Why has the war on drugs failed yet nothing is being done to fix it?

A new report by the Global Commission on Drug Policy argues that the decades-old worldwide "war on drugs has failed, with devastating consequences for individuals and societies around the world." The 24-page paper was released Thursday.

"Political leaders and public figures should have the courage to articulate publicly what many of them acknowledge privately: that the evidence overwhelmingly demonstrates that repressive strategies will not solve the drug problem, and that the war on drugs has not, and cannot, be won," the report said.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kwXNVCaxY


quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34965
Location: California
#3
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:14:03 AM
"The world is becoming an incredibly unstable place, and it is more imperative than ever that we all learn to think for ourselves"

Is the world becoming an incredibly unstable place, or has it always been an incredibly unstable place and the change is really just the fact that this instability is much more easily communicated through the media nowadays as compared to 50, 100, 200 years ago?

"#1 Why is the TSA being allowed to conduct warrantless searches at bus stations and train stations all over America?"

Probably because no one has challenged it in Court yet -- a dirty little secret of our government is that they can basically do whatever the hell they want until and unless someone takes them to Court over it. The Court system does not give advisory opinions.

"#2 Why does the TSA believe that it is necessary to pat-down a 7-year-old girl with cerebral palsy?  Does touching the private areas of disabled little girls really improve our national security?"

I think this one is kinda easy actually -- they don't want to engage in behavioral profiling because they are worried they would get accused of discrimination. As a result, you take individual security judgment out of the equation and you get ridiculous things like this occurring.

"#3 Why does the Department of Homeland Security need Predator-B drones to patrol the border between the United States and Canada?"

Sure sounds like surveillance purposes and probably economy/efficiency purposes

"#4 Why is a militarized “Red Zone” being set up in Chicago three weeks prior to the upcoming NATO summit on May 20th and 21st?"

Sure sounds like security and deterrence purposes.

"#5 Why is the Milwaukee Red Cross being told to prepare for an evacuation of Chicago?"

It sounds like for precautionary purposes -- sometimes you have to plan for the worst and hope for the best, but nevertheless, you still plan for the worst.

Will answer more in lower post...
quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34965
Location: California
#4
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:28:23 AM
"#6 Why is cesium-137 from the Fukushima nuclear disaster still showing up in milk in Montpelier, Vermont?  The following is from a recent Forbes article…."

Because the Fukushima disaster is likely much worse than is being let on and reported on by the media?

"#7 Why is there such little uproar over CISPA?  CISPA is going to allow companies to share our private online information with the government almost at will.  The following is from an article posted on the website of the Electronic Frontier Foundation…."

I've seen lots of talk and uproar over CISPA, especially from @YourAnonNews .  Guess it depends where you look as to whether or not you see the uproar.

"#8 Why aren’t more people in the mainstream media alarmed that the economies of 11 different western nations have plunged into recession?"

This one is kinda silly, tons of mainstream media discussion and talks about the world economy.

"#9 Why did an ounce of gold only cost $58 in 1972 but it costs more than $1660 today?

#10
 Why has the median price of a new home risen from $17,200 in 1963 to $212,000 today?"

Inflation. Speculation.

"#11 Why are so many banks issuing credit cards that can have information silently stolen off of them by any thief that is willing to invest in a contactless credit card reader?"

Because no one has invented a better, more cost-effective way yet of securing that information on a credit card.

"#12 Why have most Americans never even heard of the University of Pittsburgh study that found that common vaccines that we give our children produce autism-like symptoms in monkeys?"

Because there is no evidence that vaccines cause autism in humans. Animal trials are helpful but they do not and cannot replace studies of actual humans. I don't necessarily know that the source for this article ("Vactruth.org") could be considered a trustworthy news source. The fact that the author of this study had filed a claim with a "vaccine court" on behalf of her child also suggests perhaps that the study is not trustworthy.

"#13 Why is Wall Street laying off thousands of workers if the economy is getting better?"

Anyone who says the economy is getting better is either lying to you or has an agenda (or both)

"#14 Why has Spain banned all cash transactions over 2,500 euros?"

Because their economy is floundering and they are scared of a bank run.

"#15 Why is there such a push to get more kids to go to college if most college graduates cannot find a decent job once they graduate?  Why is Mitt Romney telling young Americans to borrow money from their parents to get the education that they “need”?"

Probably because a HS diploma will get you absolutely person nowadays. You still do need an education in America, the tough part is that it is needed and still has a cost through the roof.

quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34965
Location: California
#5
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:28:35 AM

"#16 Why does the mainstream media in America almost completely ignore the brutal terror attacks that happen regularly in many countries in Africa?  For example, just the other day more than a dozen Christians were killed by a terror attack in the northern Nigerian city of Kano.  Back in January, nearly 200 were killed in coordinated attacks in that same city.  So why does the U.S. media very rarely ever talk about this?"

Dude, it's Africa. The mainstream media has been ignoring Africa for decades. The brutality and killings that take place in Africa are commonplace and extremely saddening.

"#17 Why was a radical activist who once stated that he “wished all Republicans were fvcking dead” invited to speak at the National High School Journalism Convention?  Is it any surprise that he declared to his audience of high school students that we should all “learn to ignore the bulls— in the Bible?"

Ummm... no real answer for this one? Perhaps just a few bad decisions by people in power? Or an agenda they have that they want to have confirmed by this speaker?

"#18 Why did Barack Obama recently update an old executive order so that now he will be able to take charge of all food, all energy, all health resources and all transportation resources in the United States even in “non-emergency” situations?"

Because he either lied about his desire to protect fundamental human rights in his campaign or got into office and realized that this garbage is way harder than he thought, and he may need some more power to get things done if garbage hits the fan.

"#19 Why are federal government agencies stockpiling massive amounts of food and ammunition?  Do they know something that we don’t?"

I doubt it personally. Government is highly inefficient and it doesn't surprise me that when trying to plan for future contingencies or disasters, they go entirely overboard when buying supplies.

"#20 Why will a mysterious Spanish company be reporting the election results for hundreds of U.S. jurisdictions on election day 2012?"

What's mysterious about them?

"#21 Why do “scientific reports” that proclaim that there is a desperate need for global population control get very prominent coverage in newspapers all over the western world?"

One newspaper in the UK =/= very prominent coverage in newspapers all over the world.


"#22 Why are the "wealthy" allowed to pay no income tax?"

Because the "wealthy" (hate the nebulous term) make the laws?

"#23 Why has the war on drugs failed yet nothing is being done to fix it?"

Because there are too many people with financial interests in keeping it going, they are making too much money off of it.

Pokin
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37636
Location: Minnesota
#6
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:35:15 AM
#13 Why is Wall Street laying off thousands of workers if the economy is getting better?
_______________

"Hiring is going on, it's just not by the big banks," says a top Wall Street recruiter Gary Goldstein, who runs Whitney Partners.

C'mon, Smot.  It's apparent you didn't even think about these things before you post them.  I am in the staffing industry.  I have a BUNCH of jobs open and ZERO candidates.  The good candidates that weren't working have been snatched up. And people who are working are scared to change jobs because of past uncertainty.  But since when is the entire economy judged on whether the banking sector is hiring????

You really aren't that smart to know that?  It's either that or you are just too lazy.  


quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:35:21 AM
#22 Why are the "wealthy" allowed to pay no income tax?
(fixed link)


Kap....valid points and all speculation but to answer your question with another question...

Is the world becoming an incredibly unstable place, or has it always been an incredibly unstable place and the change is really just the fact that this instability is much more easily communicated through the media nowadays as compared to 50, 100, 200 years ago?

Don't you think the advent of the media is causing most of this instability? Everything on the media is useless garbage that installs emotions of negativity in people.


quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:39:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

#13 Why is Wall Street laying off thousands of workers if the economy is getting better?
_______________

"Hiring is going on, it's just not by the big banks," says a top Wall Street recruiter Gary Goldstein, who runs Whitney Partners.

C'mon, Smot.  It's apparent you didn't even think about these things before you post them.  I am in the staffing industry.  I have a BUNCH of jobs open and ZERO candidates.  The good candidates that weren't working have been snatched up. And people who are working are scared to change jobs because of past uncertainty.  But since when is the entire economy judged on whether the banking sector is hiring????

You really aren't that smart to know that?  It's either that or you are just too lazy.  




im doing the same thing you do hutch....find information in the same place you get them (internet)...who is to say what's correct and what isn't?

quote
kaponofor3 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
kaponofor3
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 34965
Location: California
#9
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:40:27 AM
"Don't you think the advent of the media is causing most of this instability? Everything on the media is useless garbage that installs emotions of negativity in people."

I do not think the media is causing this instability -- it is just much easier nowadays to shine a light on that instability. I think what is causing the instability is nothing more than human nature -- humans divide into groups (its in our DNA/instinct to do so), and those groups have conflicting interests, and sometimes those interests conflict so significantly that the only way to resolve the competing interests is by the death of one group or the other. This has literally been going on since the beginning of human civilization. We're just more hyper-aware of it now.
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37636
Location: Minnesota
#10
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:43:53 AM
#19 Why are federal government agencies stockpiling massive amounts of food and ammunition?  Do they know something that we don’t?

________________

For a while, I have been hearing things about the government storing food through the grapevine and I have not been sure what to think about those rumors.  Well, today I received a phone call that blew me away.  I debated for quite a while before I decided whether or not to share this information with you all.  Normally I do not like to talk about anything unless I am able to prove it by pointing to an article in the mainstream media.  But the source of the information that I am about to share with you is rock solid.  I cannot reveal his name, so you will just have to trust me on that. 


Yeah, I'll trust some chump with an agenda.  And you think the rest of us are gullible, smot?




quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:54:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

"Don't you think the advent of the media is causing most of this instability? Everything on the media is useless garbage that installs emotions of negativity in people."

I do not think the media is causing this instability -- it is just much easier nowadays to shine a light on that instability. I think what is causing the instability is nothing more than human nature -- humans divide into groups (its in our DNA/instinct to do so), and those groups have conflicting interests, and sometimes those interests conflict so significantly that the only way to resolve the competing interests is by the death of one group or the other. This has literally been going on since the beginning of human civilization. We're just more hyper-aware of it now.



Humans by nature learn through imitating what we see. Thanks to the media, we have a generation of ignorant people living in constant fear.


quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37636
Location: Minnesota
#12
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:55:16 AM
#2 Why does the TSA believe that it is necessary to pat-down a 7-year-old girl with cerebral palsy?  Does touching the private areas of disabled little girls really improve our national security?
________________

What a joke.  People with disabilities want equal access to jobs.....they want access to public areas (wheel chair ramps, etc.), but then they girl when they are subjected to the same things others are (ie. searches at an airport?).  

What her father should have done is KNOWN that this could be an issue....and arrived at the airport in PLENTY OF TIME.

Yeah, the $10/hr. TSA people do a bad job sometimes, but get over it.  If an agent grabbed my nuts, the only thing I would say is, "as long as you're down there, you could at least finish me off."

The things people girl about.  
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37636
Location: Minnesota
#13
Posted: 5/21/2012 11:58:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:



im doing the same thing you do hutch....find information in the same place you get them (internet)...who is to say what's correct and what isn't?


But I work in staffing, you don't.  It's right in front of my face....every day. 

You use that article to try and prove your point when the "expert" in the article says hiring is up overall.....just maybe not in the banking sector.  

Why is that controversial to you?

So every sector has to be hiring for the job situation to be improving overall?    

quote
Henry-Lilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10493
Location: St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
#14
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:04:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

#2 Why does the TSA believe that it is necessary to pat-down a 7-year-old girl with cerebral palsy?  Does touching the private areas of disabled little girls really improve our national security?
________________

What a joke.  People with disabilities want equal access to jobs.....they want access to public areas (wheel chair ramps, etc.), but then they girl when they are subjected to the same things others are (ie. searches at an airport?).  

What her father should have done is KNOWN that this could be an issue....and arrived at the airport in PLENTY OF TIME.

Yeah, the $10/hr. TSA people do a bad job sometimes, but get over it.  If an agent grabbed my nuts, the only thing I would say is, "as long as you're down there, you could at least finish me off."

The things people girl about.  



You're way too old for a TSA agent to be interested, Hutch.
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 37636
Location: Minnesota
#15
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:04:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:




Humans by nature learn through imitating what we see. Thanks to the media, we have a generation of ignorant people living in constant fear.


I have many nieces and nephews in the 13-17 age range and none of them live in constant fear.  They can't put down their I-Pods for more than 2 seconds, but they don't live in constant fear.

That is what is going to be the end of us.  Social media. Twitter.....texting.....Facebook.  And not because it creates fear....because it creates misinformation.....let's people Twitter and threaten Steve Blake's family because he missed a 3 pointer.  

People think the government is going to take even more control as time goes by.  I think quite the opposite.  Anarchy.
quote
jmilrod
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jmilrod
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 7111
Location: Kentucky
#16
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:06:44 PM
don't ask me i don't know 
quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#17
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:18:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


But I work in staffing, you don't.  It's right in front of my face....every day. 

You use that article to try and prove your point when the "expert" in the article says hiring is up overall.....just maybe not in the banking sector.  

Why is that controversial to you?

So every sector has to be hiring for the job situation to be improving overall?    



I didn't know Wall St was located in Minnesota....

It's not about controversy...it about lies and misleading information through the media..

and hutch....don't assume I'm your typical CT'er

I just choose not to believe every BS I read and see on the media.

 
 
I have many nieces and nephews in the 13-17 age range and none of them live in constant fear.  They can't put down their I-Pods for more than 2 seconds, but they don't live in constant fear.

That is what is going to be the end of us.  Social media. Twitter.....texting.....Facebook.  And not because it creates fear....because it creates misinformation.....let's people Twitter and threaten Steve Blake's family because he missed a 3 pointer.  

People think the government is going to take even more control as time goes by.  I think quite the opposite.  Anarchy

I can't believe you're using teenagers as a measurement on how the rest of the world feels....but I will agree with you on the social media junk.


quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#18
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:50:14 PM
should you tell your teenagers to stop listening to loud music??




should this supreme court judge lose his job for smoking weed?




quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#19
Posted: 5/21/2012 12:57:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:

#22 Why are the "wealthy" allowed to pay no income tax?
(fixed link)


Kap....valid points and all speculation but to answer your question with another question...

Is the world becoming an incredibly unstable place, or has it always been an incredibly unstable place and the change is really just the fact that this instability is much more easily communicated through the media nowadays as compared to 50, 100, 200 years ago?

Don't you think the advent of the media is causing most of this instability? Everything on the media is useless garbage that installs emotions of negativity in people.







The media are an expression of the necessity and the legal right of every single individual in the society to be informed about what happens around him or her.


Get a grip !

quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#20
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:02:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:

#22 Why are the "wealthy" allowed to pay no income tax?
(fixed link)


Kap....valid points and all speculation but to answer your question with another question...

Is the world becoming an incredibly unstable place, or has it always been an incredibly unstable place and the change is really just the fact that this instability is much more easily communicated through the media nowadays as compared to 50, 100, 200 years ago?

Don't you think the advent of the media is causing most of this instability? Everything on the media is useless garbage that installs emotions of negativity in people.





Please get a time machine, go back before 1650 (before the Age Of Enlightenment), and do us all a favor stay there)


quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#21
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:07:56 PM
please leave this democracy, find a nice Island and set up your own Totalitarian rule, and be happy.


quote
PokinSmot
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PokinSmot
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 6347
Location: United States
#22
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:15:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BMA:






The media are an expression of the necessity and the legal right of every single individual in the society to be informed about what happens around him or her.


Get a grip !





coming from Mr. TMZ himself....

Do we all need to be informed about other peoples lives because your life is meaningless?

Do we all need to be informed about tragedy around us yet do nothing about it except feel awful and depressed?

Do tell me what's on the media that's so important for my families well being?

quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#23
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:30:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:





coming from Mr. TMZ himself....

Do we all need to be informed about other peoples lives because your life is meaningless?

Do we all need to be informed about tragedy around us yet do nothing about it except feel awful and depressed?

Do tell me what's on the media that's so important for my families well being?






are you serious, or are you having another 9/11 Conspiracy moment



how will your family know what is going on in your country, the World. How will you find out anything, 'word of mouth'.

Media is a communication tool to deliver information. How will you gather information without media.


quote
BMA send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BMA
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 13782
Location:
#24
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:45:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PokinSmot:





coming from Mr. TMZ himself....

Do we all need to be informed about other peoples lives because your life is meaningless?

Do we all need to be informed about tragedy around us yet do nothing about it except feel awful and depressed?

Do tell me what's on the media that's so important for my families well being?



yes, you can't live in a bubble, we all have tragedies even in our own lives, you can't live in a good news only bubble, that is not life, we should be aware of tragedy so we can support them that have been the victims of that tragedy, we can't shut them out, it is immoral to do that. A caring society needs to report these events to offer help and see how they can be prevented in the future.


quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#25
Posted: 5/21/2012 1:53:55 PM

#22 Why are the "wealthy" allowed to pay no income tax?

====================

First, that link was a horrific example of this assertion since it noted how Zuckerberg would pay $2 billion in taxes.

Anyway, you're "allowed" to do such things in America because the wealth you create belongs to you and not the government.

The fundamental belief that giving money to the government is a "good" is silly.

quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.