My weekend blackjack trip to AC is over. Time to get back to business

Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: My weekend blackjack trip to AC is over. Time to get back to business
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:27:48 PM

On Tuesday that is..........

See ya then everyone. 

vegasdennis PM vegasdennis
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
 
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:28:30 PM
How much you win 
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:30:57 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by vegasdennis:

How much you win 

Little over 4K.  Not great for a team of 3, but it was ok, over the course of 5 days. 

It was special though, it was the first time I was able to work both kids into one of my teams.  "Little girl" turned 21 and I was finally able to get her in a casino.  Hell, I have had her in private games since she was 13.

 

vegasdennis PM vegasdennis
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 21934
 
vegasdennis
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:32:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

Little over 4K.  Not great for a team of 3, but it was ok, over the course of 5 days. 

It was special though, it was the first time I was able to work both kids into one of my teams.  "Little girl" turned 21 and I was finally able to get her in a casino.  Hell, I have had her in private games since she was 13.

 


Awesome deal glad you had a good time 
spartak PM spartak
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 8797
 
spartak
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:50:11 PM
sounds like fun and I see some good family time
potvin PM potvin
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 25464
 
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:00:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

Little over 4K.  Not great for a team of 3, but it was ok, over the course of 5 days. 

It was special though, it was the first time I was able to work both kids into one of my teams.  "Little girl" turned 21 and I was finally able to get her in a casino.  Hell, I have had her in private games since she was 13.

 

i have studied both mr ken uston and lawrence revere for years, if you ever need another for your team i could be in ac in 2hours!

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:03:11 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by potvin:

i have studied both mr ken uston and lawrence revere for years, if you ever need another for your team i could be in ac in 2hours!

I will make a note of that.  Which counts do you know ?

potvin PM potvin
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 25464
 
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:18:54 PM
i use the uston advanced count, where aces only count for bet size and are not added into the true count
potvin PM potvin
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 25464
 
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:21:50 PM

2+8=+1

2,4,6,7= +2

5=+3

9=-1

10s and facecards=-3

divided by the half deck remaining

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:31:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by potvin:

2+8=+1

2,4,6,7= +2

5=+3

9=-1

10s and facecards=-3

divided by the half deck remaining

Interesting.  I'm guessing you are in at least 45 or so ?  You can PM me with that if you like.

potvin PM potvin
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 25464
 
potvin
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 4/23/2012 10:39:56 PM
46  pretty good guess!
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:02:06 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by potvin:

46  pretty good guess!

Your choice of counts gave it away.

IHIOUSE PM IHIOUSE
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8090
 
IHIOUSE
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:03:26 PM
where did you stay ? that new spot revel ? i was down at the trop 2 weeks ago, good times
PLAYAAAA1969 PM PLAYAAAA1969
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6852
 
PLAYAAAA1969
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:09:44 PM
I Hit borgata for 8k past weekend and 6k week before,,,nice mini run......Uston
beamjim PM beamjim
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1098
 
beamjim
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:39:04 PM

A girl playing Blackjack at 13 seems, well repulsive. I am guessing maybe I am too old school for this site. Time to call it a day.

mariner24 PM mariner24
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2317
 
mariner24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 4/23/2012 11:56:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by beamjim:

A girl playing Blackjack at 13 seems, well repulsive. I am guessing maybe I am too old school for this site. Time to call it a day.

Riceboi PM Riceboi
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5371
 
Riceboi
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/24/2012 12:40:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by potvin:

i use the uston advanced count, where aces only count for bet size and are not added into the true count


can you recommend me a book to buy to learn? or websites?
Riceboi PM Riceboi
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5371
 
Riceboi
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/24/2012 12:52:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Riceboi:



can you recommend me a book to buy to learn? or websites?


nevermind i found Million Dollar Blackjack
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/24/2012 1:25:42 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by IHIOUSE:

where did you stay ? that new spot revel ? i was down at the trop 2 weeks ago, good times

Actually I stayed at the Showboat. Hit the Trop a little, but I tell ya where we spent most of our time and you won't believe it.

The Atlantic (Former Hilton)  Hardly no one played at the $10 tables and I could use a spread of $10--$500.  When the $10 tables were played more we played at the $25 tables with no problem at all.  Also I used the ol' trick of bringing Caesars blacks with me and put them on the table.  They fell all over thierselves trying to comp us with stuff because we were "slumming" at thier very small casino.  Kinda of like saying we can treat you better then Caesars.

We really didn't get any heat at all. 

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/24/2012 1:28:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by beamjim:

A girl playing Blackjack at 13 seems, well repulsive. I am guessing maybe I am too old school for this site. Time to call it a day.

Was it repulsive when I taught my 13 year old son to count cards ?  How about 16, how about 18 ?  What is the age where it's not repulsive.  Or is it just because she's a girl thing.

Yeah it's real horrible I taught her a skill where she can make a good deal of money by playing cards.

And BTW, of course she never went to any private games without me there.  Well not that I knew about and word gets around in those circles if she ever did without me there.

But everyone is entitled to thier own opinion.

Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/24/2012 1:42:17 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Riceboi:



nevermind i found Million Dollar Blackjack

I really don't reccomend you learn this count unless you have used older counts like this before.  A level 3 count really isn't worth it with the newer counts out there.  In fact Uston used this for a very short time.  It is far more complex than needed.

Although in disclosure I base my index tables on some of this count. I use a hybrid of the uston APC and my own count.

If you haven't counted much or not at all I believe you should get KO Blackjack.  But if you want to stick with something from Uston I believe you should get the Uston SS count.  It's still a level 3 system, but it's unbalanced like the KO is.

It's an oddity – an advanced, unbalanced strategy. It was designed as the "Stongest and Simplest" (hence SS) strategy. There are very few indexes used in shoe games as the strategy relies on its 99+% Betting Correlation.

I got the SS system from Ustons daughter, but she does not sell it anymore.  That has been taken over by BAUM productions. Here is thier e-mail address. baumproductions@cox.net

The  Unbalance Zen is quite a bit easier to master.  So don't be fooled by the "simplest" moniker.

Messier-11 PM Messier-11
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10870
 
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:11:55 AM
nice job....you inspired me to try my luck at the casino tonight. If lipps can win 4k, I can win 4k
Riceboi PM Riceboi
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 5371
 
Riceboi
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/24/2012 2:44:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Lippsman:

I really don't reccomend you learn this count unless you have used older counts like this before.  A level 3 count really isn't worth it with the newer counts out there.  In fact Uston used this for a very short time.  It is far more complex than needed.

Although in disclosure I base my index tables on some of this count. I use a hybrid of the uston APC and my own count.

If you haven't counted much or not at all I believe you should get KO Blackjack.  But if you want to stick with something from Uston I believe you should get the Uston SS count.  It's still a level 3 system, but it's unbalanced like the KO is.

It's an oddity – an advanced, unbalanced strategy. It was designed as the "Stongest and Simplest" (hence SS) strategy. There are very few indexes used in shoe games as the strategy relies on its 99+% Betting Correlation.

I got the SS system from Ustons daughter, but she does not sell it anymore.  That has been taken over by BAUM productions. Here is thier e-mail address. baumproductions@cox.net

The  Unbalance Zen is quite a bit easier to master.  So don't be fooled by the "simplest" moniker.



cool thanks for the advice.  can these simple methods be played alone or do you need a team? Is the whole point of a team to not get caught?
Lippsman PM Lippsman
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 79228
 
Lippsman
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 4/24/2012 8:18:41 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Riceboi:



cool thanks for the advice.  can these simple methods be played alone or do you need a team? Is the whole point of a team to not get caught?

The team concept is to hit the long run faster.  You want to log as many hours by as many people as possible.

But you can play just on your own just fine.  It's the way I play half of the time.

PLAYAAAA1969 PM PLAYAAAA1969
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 6852
 
PLAYAAAA1969
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 4/24/2012 9:47:46 AM
Lipps...Ive been using Uston basic system...Not bad ..But without being repulsive I am teaching my 12 yr old Black Lab card counting ..
What do you use/ recommend for 1 man gangs ??

Thanks..
Forum: General Discussion Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.