No more .. Gambling, Drugs, Booze

Forum: General Discussion Page 5 of 15 «  3 4 5 6 7   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: No more .. Gambling, Drugs, Booze
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#101
Posted: 8/14/2011 1:37:42 PM
ghetto
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#102
Posted: 8/14/2011 1:55:53 PM

there are so many houses around the 15k range.

obv they look like complete dumps. but 30k goes a long way in a 1400 sq ft house. 30k would just about be enough for a new everything.

then youre into it for 45k. sell it for 75k and move on. over and over.

idk maybe im nuts ... but im close to giving it a shot. then if i got to 500k real cash id buy rental properties and sit on them for ten years while cashflowing. then sell and hit the jackpot.

thats the plan. can i pull it off is the question.

callmetim PM callmetim
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 1843
Maryland
 
callmetim
Participation Meter
quote#103
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:14:04 PM
I did it when I was 26. I'm 52 now.  Best thing I ever did in my life. I am no longer a slave to that garbage.
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#104
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:18:07 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by callmetim:

I did it when I was 26. I'm 52 now.  Best thing I ever did in my life. I am no longer a slave to that garbage.

got sober or flipped houses? sorry, got a little off topic there.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#105
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:47:26 PM

day 4 sober ... starting to get my mojo back

meeting tonight.

GiLmo574 PM GiLmo574
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 21804
California
 
GiLmo574
Participation Meter
quote#106
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:57:56 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

day 4 sober ... starting to get my mojo back

meeting tonight.


'atta boy.  

 

Sunday Night meetings are my favorite.

Colts03 PM Colts03
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 13377
Texas
 
Colts03
Participation Meter
quote#107
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:58:23 PM
Messier-11 PM Messier-11
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10861
 
Messier-11
Participation Meter
quote#108
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:04:00 PM
lots of foreclosed homes in zone you could make a killing on with that strategy. I bought a foreclosed apt for like 30gs that was going for 200,000 a few years ago. Hopefully the housing market rebounds and i make a nice profit. if you have spare dough buy a couple foreclosed homes and fix them up a little then rent them out.
Ktrain PM Ktrain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6300
Nevada
 
Ktrain
Participation Meter
quote#109
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:04:01 PM

I'm more familiar with the areas north of 8 Mile Road because that is where I grew up at. I would really look there thought. North Suburbs anywhere close to, but north of 8 Mile. I would avoid Down River, I think that is where the current residents of Detroit will be headed soon.

Look at a map and start picking cities just north of Detroit. St. Claire Shores, Warren, Hazel Park, Ferndale, Oak Park, then maybe work a little north in Madison Heights, Royal Oak(Beaumont Hospital is here and has a good amount of employees), Sterling Heights. Also Rochester has Oakland University next to it.

If you want to look in Detroit I would look into the Palmer Park area or close to Wayne State University which is located right downtown. A few townhouse/condo units went up around there about 8 years ago and they look nice. Not sure if anyone is ACTUALLY in them though.

It's too late to make a long story short but Macomb County and Oakland County are probably where you want to be looking. Of course, I'm not an expert on this either but you should be able to find decent properties in between $50k-$80k in the southern parts of these counties.

Sorry for rambling but I love Detroit and any chance I get to talk about it just gets me going. Hopefully one day I will be renting one of your properties there when I move back.

CRRECORDS PM CRRECORDS
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 669
United States
 
CRRECORDS
Participation Meter
quote#110
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:04:10 PM
mojo......hope..........what about odds?
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#111
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:04:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GiLmo574:


'atta boy.  

 

Sunday Night meetings are my favorite.

my old aa favorites are putting on a comittment at a detox. im gonna go tag along. great people you meet there. love these guys. they're really looking out for me.

GiLmo574 PM GiLmo574
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 21804
California
 
GiLmo574
Participation Meter
quote#112
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:06:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

my old aa favorites are putting on a comittment at a detox. im gonna go tag along. great people you meet there. love these guys. they're really looking out for me.


Those are the dudes you know best.  Addicts.  They are just like you.  And they are just like me.   

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#113
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:06:45 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

I'm more familiar with the areas north of 8 Mile Road because that is where I grew up at. I would really look there thought. North Suburbs anywhere close to, but north of 8 Mile. I would avoid Down River, I think that is where the current residents of Detroit will be headed soon.

Look at a map and start picking cities just north of Detroit. St. Claire Shores, Warren, Hazel Park, Ferndale, Oak Park, then maybe work a little north in Madison Heights, Royal Oak(Beaumont Hospital is here and has a good amount of employees), Sterling Heights. Also Rochester has Oakland University next to it.

If you want to look in Detroit I would look into the Palmer Park area or close to Wayne State University which is located right downtown. A few townhouse/condo units went up around there about 8 years ago and they look nice. Not sure if anyone is ACTUALLY in them though.

It's too late to make a long story short but Macomb County and Oakland County are probably where you want to be looking. Of course, I'm not an expert on this either but you should be able to find decent properties in between $50k-$80k in the southern parts of these counties.

Sorry for rambling but I love Detroit and any chance I get to talk about it just gets me going. Hopefully one day I will be renting one of your properties there when I move back.

thanks man. you listing the nicer areas is a big help.

rambling is welcomed

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#114
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:09:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by GiLmo574:


Those are the dudes you know best.  Addicts.  They are just like you.  And they are just like me.   

its a great feeling when the obsession to get fucked up is replaced with the obsession to stay sober

i know im in for a fight. one day at a time.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#115
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:19:04 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Messier-11:

lots of foreclosed homes in zone you could make a killing on with that strategy. I bought a foreclosed apt for like 30gs that was going for 200,000 a few years ago. Hopefully the housing market rebounds and i make a nice profit. if you have spare dough buy a couple foreclosed homes and fix them up a little then rent them out.

 i friggin hope so. im in the market for a killing.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#116
Posted: 8/14/2011 4:19:23 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Messier-11:

lots of foreclosed homes in zone you could make a killing on with that strategy. I bought a foreclosed apt for like 30gs that was going for 200,000 a few years ago. Hopefully the housing market rebounds and i make a nice profit. if you have spare dough buy a couple foreclosed homes and fix them up a little then rent them out.

arizona? completely missed it because it said zone. but yeah, that was my 2nd choice after detrout honestly. they got croaked from the market collapse.

florida .... not really feeling it.

some spots in california are cheap. don't know the are good enough.

vegas got croaked .... not a good fit for a guy like me.

idk ... i think im liking detroit.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#117
Posted: 8/14/2011 5:38:39 PM

be back in a bit boys. going to that meeting.  

you guys have been great these last 4 days.  

friggin hard in the beginning ... but always talking about it in here helps me a lot. im sure some people are sick of my garbage but ... gotta do what ya gotta do.

 

Messier-11 PM Messier-11
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10861
 
Messier-11
Participation Meter
quote#118
Posted: 8/14/2011 5:43:33 PM
i went to a few GA meetings back in the day when my parents thought i was a degenerate, which was probably true. Those meetings whether aa, na, or ga really put garbage into perspective. You hear a lot of horror stories from dudes who hit rockbottom and they stick with you. Tons of funny stories you can relate to also. Good luck with your sobriety
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#119
Posted: 8/14/2011 5:47:26 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Messier-11:

i went to a few GA meetings back in the day when my parents thought i was a degenerate, which was probably true. Those meetings whether aa, na, or ga really put garbage into perspective. You hear a lot of horror stories from dudes who hit rockbottom and they stick with you. Tons of funny stories you can relate to also. Good luck with your sobriety

thanks mess  ... yeah i actually like the meetings. especially when i know all of the speakers are top notch.

 

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#120
Posted: 8/14/2011 9:49:44 PM

another good meeting.

 lets keep this going. one day at a time.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#121
Posted: 8/15/2011 11:43:06 AM

day 5  

the friggin sleep sucks.

Ktrain PM Ktrain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6300
Nevada
 
Ktrain
Participation Meter
quote#122
Posted: 8/16/2011 1:44:38 AM

Keep it up Detox. It will get to a point where you won't even think about it anymore. I once read if you do something for like 21 straight days it becomes a habit.

I also read something that I thought was really interesting. It has to do with depression, which isn't the topic of our subject, but I think it kinda correlates to it.

Dr. Alfred Adler said that we can be cured of depression in only 14 days if every day we will try to think of how we can be helpful to others.

I always thought it was pretty interesting. Keep up the good work Detox.

Have you been able to find any properties that might lead to potential flips/rentals?

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#123
Posted: 8/16/2011 1:54:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

Keep it up Detox. It will get to a point where you won't even think about it anymore. I once read if you do something for like 21 straight days it becomes a habit.

I also read something that I thought was really interesting. It has to do with depression, which isn't the topic of our subject, but I think it kinda correlates to it.

Dr. Alfred Adler said that we can be cured of depression in only 14 days if every day we will try to think of how we can be helpful to others.

I always thought it was pretty interesting. Keep up the good work Detox.

Have you been able to find any properties that might lead to potential flips/rentals?

Thanks for stopping by ktrain and thanks for the kind words. This place has been a great help. Just to shoot the garbage and get out of my head.

AA is crazy. The obsession to get fucked up was replaced with the obsession to stay sober. Ive already had time before and i feel DONE. Just need to keep doing what im doing.

on the flipping front ... this is where im at with my plan. i'm about to make 75-80k ish after fees off of the sale of my 3 family. i owe 7500 in debt. that leaves me in the 67-72k range .... + im in the plus in my two family by about 50kish.

BUT ... i think im going to hold the 2 family and go to a place like detroit like we talked about.

Buy for 25, put 25 into it ... sell it. hopefully for 90kish.

Thats where im at now. But im not really sure at this time to be honest.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#124
Posted: 8/16/2011 1:57:34 AM

in other words ... play with the profit from the 3 family but hold on to the 2 family so i always have something.

maybe turn the 2 family into 3 condos. it has a huge unfinisged attic. it would take some legal string pulling but i think i could pull it off. that project would/will take forever.

I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#125
Posted: 8/16/2011 2:00:45 AM

if i could pull that condo move off it would be ...

1st unit ... 179k

2nd unit ... 179k

3rd unit ... 149k

= 507 and i owe 220. so that would be huge.

Forum: General Discussion Page 5 of 15 «  3 4 5 6 7   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.