The end of online gambling is near

Forum: General Discussion Page 17 of 21 «  15 16 17 18 19   »
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: The end of online gambling is near
vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#401
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:29:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

5 dimes has to be next.  i think they are following me.  

anyway, i can't believe this is the end though.  what bullshit law like this ever works?  our government, particularly in the area of law enforcement, is reactionary, never ahead of the curve, and does a poor job on a large scale.  the war on drugs may be a comparison.  anyone can go buy the drug of their choice at any time and it would be extremely difficult to get caught.  sec regulations, insider trading laws, those get violated daily and almost no one gets caught.  

there's too much money here for this not to settle down to some sort of reasonable solution for us.  

It is not the end.

But just like Marijuana, the only thing that keeps the price where it is for a weed is that it is illegal and scarce. 

The balance of power between book and player has sharply turned to books in the last year, and the player has no power whatsoever.  Want to bet online?  You have no power - NOTHING - you have to accept anything they throw at you - and you have to accept all of the risk - and all of the cost.

So while there will always be somewhere to bet (I agree with you), "bettting" is not the only goal.  There will be no competition on lines, prices, risk - basically you have to accept far worse conditions for every wager you make.

vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#402
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:32:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Waxi:

Vanzack,

I have $900 in my Greek Account. WTF. No advance warning?

What do you know about Heritage?

Heritage is a mid level book that has gone under a marketing policy of "invitation only" for a long time (whatever that means). 

The only other thing I know about them is that 3 years ago they would have been 50th+ on a list of best sportsbooks for Americans, and now they might be in the top 3.

I said it above and I will say it again - keeping a balance at a US facing sportsbook is now riskier than investing in junk bonds.  If you have that risk tolerance, or just want to wager - have at it.  But I cant spell it out for you any differently - if you have money at a US facing book you have better be willing to lose that money at any time.

vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#403
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:35:03 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by LuckyLuke:

Vanzack correct me if i am wrong but you mentioned that you use European books.  Is that correct?
Can you take us thru the process how to go about getting one?
DO you need an address in Europe? Bank account? 
Your info would help

In order to get a European book acct, a pinnacle acct, a MB account, or a Neteller acct, you need the following:

1.  An address outside of the USA, and a utility bill in your name at the same address, and preferably a drivers license with the same address.

2.  An IP address of that same country.

3.  A bank account in that same country.

Once you have those three things, the sports gambling world is your oyster.

fadepublic14 PM fadepublic14
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 310
Arizona
 
fadepublic14
Participation Meter
quote#404
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:39:25 PM
So what are the drawbacks to a site like Sports Interaction?  Are their prices bad?  New to online books.....
vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#405
Posted: 7/23/2011 2:51:32 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by fadepublic14:

So what are the drawbacks to a site like Sports Interaction?  Are their prices bad?  New to online books.....

1.  Risk.  There is a chance they will follow these other books and cave.  And some (like betus) did not pay out.

2.  Prices.  They have large house holds.

3.  Limits.  Very low limits

4.  Deposit and withdrawal limitations.

But if you are a rec gambler, who wants to bet 20 bucks a game and doesnt mind the risk - it is fine for you.  Im not saying that in any condecending way at all - just being matter of fact about it.

It is really sad that we are even mentioning SIA as a viable book, but when you only have a handful left, the sportsbooks.coms of the world enter your thinking when they never would have before.

theblueprint PM theblueprint
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 117
Djibouti
 
theblueprint
Participation Meter
quote#406
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:00:20 PM
I've found a way to do everything except get a utility bill....is this really gonna make or break if i can do this?
LuckyLuke PM LuckyLuke
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 12654
New York
 
LuckyLuke
Participation Meter
quote#407
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:09:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vanzack:

In order to get a European book acct, a pinnacle acct, a MB account, or a Neteller acct, you need the following:

1.  An address outside of the USA, and a utility bill in your name at the same address, and preferably a drivers license with the same address.

2.  An IP address of that same country.

3.  A bank account in that same country.

Once you have those three things, the sports gambling world is your oyster.




I have it all except
2.  An IP address of that same country.

how do i go about that?  besides the obvious depositing from X country.
LuckyLuke PM LuckyLuke
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 12654
New York
 
LuckyLuke
Participation Meter
quote#408
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:10:03 PM
Vanzack--do you use Euro books living in US?  And use them while in US?
theblueprint PM theblueprint
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 117
Djibouti
 
theblueprint
Participation Meter
quote#409
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:24:19 PM
LuckyLuke,

PM me. I can help you with that if you can help with my issue.

ClubDirt PM ClubDirt
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 23675
United States
 
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
quote#410
Posted: 7/23/2011 3:50:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by vanzack:

It is not the end.

But just like Marijuana, the only thing that keeps the price where it is for a weed is that it is illegal and scarce. 

The balance of power between book and player has sharply turned to books in the last year, and the player has no power whatsoever.  Want to bet online?  You have no power - NOTHING - you have to accept anything they throw at you - and you have to accept all of the risk - and all of the cost.

So while there will always be somewhere to bet (I agree with you), "bettting" is not the only goal.  There will be no competition on lines, prices, risk - basically you have to accept far worse conditions for every wager you make.


that's why i was most upset at the end of matchbook.  that was a 10 on the disappointment scale while the greek, pinnacle and 5dimes is more like a 5.  when matchbook went down, that's when i realized i wouldn't be able to try to make any real ground anymore.  the end of pinnacle, the greek, 5dimes, etc just means i probably won't be able to bet recreationally any more.  
3wizard9 PM 3wizard9
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2292
 
3wizard9
Participation Meter
quote#411
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:07:27 PM

options remain

LRM704 PM LRM704
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10217
New York
 
LRM704
Participation Meter
quote#412
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:19:08 PM

VanZack,   You called it a long time ago  

3wizard9 PM 3wizard9
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2292
 
3wizard9
Participation Meter
quote#413
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:28:23 PM
seems like the Greek and bet jam are playing mind games with................. hmmmmm
vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#414
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:45:40 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by LuckyLuke:




I have it all except
2.  An IP address of that same country.

how do i go about that?  besides the obvious depositing from X country.

This is actually the easiest.

Google "private VPN" - there are lots of companies - if you need specifics - PM me.

vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#415
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:46:17 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by theblueprint:

I've found a way to do everything except get a utility bill....is this really gonna make or break if i can do this?

You will likely need one.  

vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#416
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:47:24 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by LuckyLuke:

Vanzack--do you use Euro books living in US?  And use them while in US?

If you have an IP of another country, you can use that IP from anywhere, including in theory while you are in the US.

vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#417
Posted: 7/23/2011 4:55:05 PM

BTW - these books DO care where you are betting from, even if you have an agent - there are no "wink wink" arrangements with Pinnacle or others.

They do geolocate the IP address, and you are at risk if you are betting on US soil with a US IP address.

LRM704 PM LRM704
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10217
New York
 
LRM704
Participation Meter
quote#418
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:10:25 PM

SportsInteraction is posting the following

Sorry, our gaming services are not available in your region.

LRM704 PM LRM704
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10217
New York
 
LRM704
Participation Meter
quote#419
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:13:10 PM

That was with no warning or what happens to my funds.

I have my biggest balance at 5 Dimes and thank God I had a very low balace at SI just to check for better prices on underdogs

 

vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#420
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:13:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LRM704:

SportsInteraction is posting the following

Sorry, our gaming services are not available in your region.

What region are you LRM?

Is that Canada?

gotigers07 PM gotigers07
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 102
Tennessee
 
gotigers07
Participation Meter
quote#421
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:28:16 PM
I just place a wager on SI and it went through. What region are you talking about??
The Giant PM The Giant
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 21183
California
 
The Giant
Participation Meter
quote#422
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:56:50 PM
The thread title should be changed from "near" to "here".

If I didn't have a family, I would vacate the US.

It's just so sickening.
I_Need_A_Detox PM I_Need_A_Detox
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17238
Massachusetts
 
I_Need_A_Detox
Participation Meter
quote#423
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:07:05 PM

pretty good call van  

good time to be an agent 

 

Barnstorm PM Barnstorm
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4619
North Carolina
 
Barnstorm
Participation Meter
quote#424
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:44:06 PM
I thought that to generate an IP address of another country, you would have to be on a computer in that country.

I don't think you can just change your IP settings here in the U.S. to make it look like you are on a computer in Europe.

But I could be wrong. 
vanzack PM vanzack
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 52495
Equatorial
              Guinea
 
vanzack
Participation Meter
quote#425
Posted: 7/23/2011 6:56:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Barnstorm:

I thought that to generate an IP address of another country, you would have to be on a computer in that country.

I don't think you can just change your IP settings here in the U.S. to make it look like you are on a computer in Europe.

But I could be wrong. 

Google private VPN.

Forum: General Discussion Page 17 of 21 «  15 16 17 18 19   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.