Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [College Football] Topic: LSU v Alabama
lsufasteddie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4643
Location: Louisiana
#26
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:33:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Tappy:

First of all, please don't compare Alabama to Georgia...

This was a great write up, and I can certainly see this game going this way, if you are right about out LB's on the edges. 

One person could say that we weren't prepared for that attack, and that we also weren't prepared for the Ga southern attack. If you really think about it, you can't really say that we had the time then to prepare for JJ, and we only had a week to prepare for Ga southern. 

You have to admit, that Nick Saban sees this weakness in our defense, and is spending every second trying to fix this. So let me ask you this... IF I am right, and we have an answer for the edges, and LSU doesn't have the success running the ball, what then?

It's more of the senario being compared than the teams themselves. The games we played against those teams are being compared because the outcomes were the same as well as the talk that followed both of those games. I do not think UGA circa 2003 is on the same level as Alabama is this year. Different teams.

As far as what ifs, I don't know. I think that's how the game will be played out. If LSU doesnt have success on the edges early then they probably lose. Problem is you don't get faster in 45 days. Saban can game plan but if youre not faster than your opponent, you simply just aren't faster, period. I've heard that Saban has had these guys on a diet, has had them conditioning more, so on and so forth. That simply doesn't come to you in 45 days. The best thing to ever happen to this LSU team was scheduling Oregon. They conditioned all summer for a very fast paced team and it paid dividends.

Good guys 24 
Bad guys 17
quote
Tappy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Tappy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1766
Location: Alabama
#27
Posted: 1/7/2012 11:47:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lsufasteddie:


It's more of the senario being compared than the teams themselves. The games we played against those teams are being compared because the outcomes were the same as well as the talk that followed both of those games. I do not think UGA circa 2003 is on the same level as Alabama is this year. Different teams.

As far as what ifs, I don't know. I think that's how the game will be played out. If LSU doesnt have success on the edges early then they probably lose. Problem is you don't get faster in 45 days. Saban can game plan but if youre not faster than your opponent, you simply just aren't faster, period. I've heard that Saban has had these guys on a diet, has had them conditioning more, so on and so forth. That simply doesn't come to you in 45 days. The best thing to ever happen to this LSU team was scheduling Oregon. They conditioned all summer for a very fast paced team and it paid dividends.

Good guys 24 
Bad guys 17

You can't coach speed... The last time I heard that was when we played Florida... I'm just sayin 

You could be completely right... I hope you are wrong... We will see in a few days. 
quote
bob696969 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
bob696969
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4003
Location: Canada
#28
Posted: 1/7/2012 12:05:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lsufasteddie:

hold true. If we play our game, as we have done all year, and keep penalties and turnovers to a minimum then Alabama cannot beat LSU. If we have mistakes and penalties then they could pull this out, but we don’t see it.

The funny thing about this game is both LSU and Alabama fans are delusional that if their team wins, they are the better team.   THE EXACT SAME STATMENT (in red) APPLIES TO ALABAMA! 

The fact is that both teams are equal and this will likely be a another close game that does come down to a crucial turnover. 

Last time it was alabama that committed a crucial turnover with the interception at the 1 yard line, which just as easily could have been called a completion!   If that play is called a completion and alabama wins that game 13-6, then the perception of this game is completely different.  I just don't understand how every talking head idiot is totally ignoring that fact. 

Lucky plays have a bigger part in winning than fans and gamblers like to admit.  In a game so equally matched, this game will likely come down to the team that gets a lucky bounce or two.

Anyone who can't admit that before and after the game is over is either a douchebag homer or an idiot.

quote
Tappy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Tappy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1766
Location: Alabama
#29
Posted: 1/7/2012 3:27:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bob696969:

The funny thing about this game is both LSU and Alabama fans are delusional that if their team wins, they are the better team.   THE EXACT SAME STATMENT (in red) APPLIES TO ALABAMA! 

The fact is that both teams are equal and this will likely be a another close game that does come down to a crucial turnover. 

Last time it was alabama that committed a crucial turnover with the interception at the 1 yard line, which just as easily could have been called a completion!   If that play is called a completion and alabama wins that game 13-6, then the perception of this game is completely different.  I just don't understand how every talking head idiot is totally ignoring that fact. 

Lucky plays have a bigger part in winning than fans and gamblers like to admit.  In a game so equally matched, this game will likely come down to the team that gets a lucky bounce or two.

Anyone who can't admit that before and after the game is over is either a douchebag homer or an idiot.


 So, you're saying that not acknowledging an unknown factor such as luck is what determines this and other games makes us douchebag, homer, idiots? That's funny...

I stick to the argument that Bama was the better team in that game, and out played LSU. They didn't win, and they are not the better team right now, but we were that night. IF the NC game is a complete mirror of the first game, I will say the same thing. 

This game is going to come down to who makes the better adjustments... 
quote
jmw59 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
jmw59
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 13698
Location: Louisiana
#30
Posted: 1/7/2012 6:56:59 PM
gl eddie  geaux tigers
quote
Droxside send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Droxside
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1284
Location: Florida
#31
Posted: 1/7/2012 8:54:16 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by bob696969:

The funny thing about this game is both LSU and Alabama fans are delusional that if their team wins, they are the better team.   THE EXACT SAME STATMENT (in red) APPLIES TO ALABAMA! 

The fact is that both teams are equal and this will likely be a another close game that does come down to a crucial turnover. 

Last time it was alabama that committed a crucial turnover with the interception at the 1 yard line, which just as easily could have been called a completion!   If that play is called a completion and alabama wins that game 13-6, then the perception of this game is completely different.  I just don't understand how every talking head idiot is totally ignoring that fact. 

Lucky plays have a bigger part in winning than fans and gamblers like to admit.  In a game so equally matched, this game will likely come down to the team that gets a lucky bounce or two.

Anyone who can't admit that before and after the game is over is either a douchebag homer or an idiot.



All kidding aside, your post is arguably the most accurrate I have ever read here.
quote
Droxside send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Droxside
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1284
Location: Florida
#32
Posted: 1/7/2012 8:56:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Droxside:



All kidding aside, your post is arguably the most accurrate I have ever read here.


Also, consider the people on this thread that are doing the most posting as they are by far two of the most disillusioned as I have seen in a while when it comes to rationality being blinded by loyalty...
quote
Sabanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Sabanade
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1252
Location:
#33
Posted: 1/7/2012 9:30:56 PM
And you know the Big 12 is calling the game.....will they be pissed about Bama getting in over OK St.??

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/bcs_national_championship_game_3.html
quote
lsufasteddie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4643
Location: Louisiana
#34
Posted: 1/8/2012 2:21:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Droxside:



Also, consider the people on this thread that are doing the most posting as they are by far two of the most disillusioned as I have seen in a while when it comes to rationality being blinded by loyalty...

As nicely as I can put it. I said I was biased and a homer, it was written in the original post.

Stupid mother guy stay the darn out of my thread. I don't bother people on the site, I like to talk about LSU. If you don't like what I have to say go darn yourself. Period. 
quote
ultimatetailer1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ultimatetailer1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 299
Location:
#35
Posted: 1/8/2012 8:51:47 AM
I've spoken to some of the best handicappers in the business, four of them to be exact. All of them are on Bama to some capacity and this is why...they expect both teams having trouble running and prefer the Bama QB throwing over the LSU QB, also Bama star RB is the best player on the field and is a threat to score in every snap hes a part of.

On another note there's been a lot of talk about officiating as per usual. This is the "unseen driving force" behind wins and loses in big games, last year Oregon was ever so slightly shafted by the officials and LSU got that preferred treatment in the first game these two teams play. I sometimes hear some of the cappers I speak to that a big part of their handicapping is anticipating which team will "get calls", despite my monetary investments I honestly have come to not watch games based on this premise.
quote
lsufasteddie send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lsufasteddie
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4643
Location: Louisiana
#36
Posted: 1/8/2012 10:43:05 AM
So the best handicappers in the business cap officiating. Get real. And please explain how LSU got preferential treatment over Oregon and then against Bama in Tuscaloosa.
quote
blowoutgm send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
blowoutgm
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1950
Location: Louisiana
#37
Posted: 1/8/2012 11:42:54 AM
Ultimatetailer- quit spouting bullshit or name these 4 world class cappers you are talking about.  Billy Walters called me and said none of that matters. LOL!!!  Yes please explain the preferential treatment LSU received in those games. And if this is the case, just bet LSU.
quote
LazVegaz
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: M Resort |
LazVegaz
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 194
Location: Nevada
#38
Posted: 1/8/2012 12:19:36 PM
LSU fan going with LSU.
quote
Allbutbroke send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Allbutbroke
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 4454
Location: Ontario
#39
Posted: 1/8/2012 6:23:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Teaser78:

WAY TOO MUCH READING PASS

I suspect you have taken the same approach from kindergarten to grade 5 where you currently are struggling.
quote
ultimatetailer1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ultimatetailer1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 299
Location:
#40
Posted: 1/11/2012 9:54:44 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ultimatetailer1:

I've spoken to some of the best handicappers in the business, four of them to be exact. All of them are on Bama to some capacity and this is why...they expect both teams having trouble running and prefer the Bama QB throwing over the LSU QB, also Bama star RB is the best player on the field and is a threat to score in every snap hes a part of.



easy cover, no surprise this thread died.
quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12397
Location: United States
#41
Posted: 1/11/2012 10:50:04 AM
I never thought I would say this, but I kinda miss Fried Shrimp. 
quote
usmabama send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
usmabama
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 668
Location: Nevada
#42
Posted: 1/11/2012 11:14:30 AM
Roll Tide...
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#43
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:34:50 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

I never thought I would say this, but I kinda miss Fried Shrimp. 

Thanks for the laugh....

Did Fried Shrimp get lost....here will act like him....

quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#44
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:35:27 PM
Yea Alabama looked good.
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#45
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:35:52 PM
Jan 9,
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#46
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:36:21 PM
2012
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#47
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:36:50 PM
LSU looked bad.
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#48
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:37:20 PM
And i mean it.
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#49
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:38:35 PM
Need another rematch....
quote
Lucan
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Lucan
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1645
Location: United States
#50
Posted: 1/14/2012 10:39:15 PM
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 2 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.