My early Christmas wishes for the Detroit Tigers............

Forum: MLB Betting Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [MLB Betting] Topic: My early Christmas wishes for the Detroit Tigers............
Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/1/2012 10:15:26 PM
The club signed both Peralta and Dotel...so Peralta will be the starting shortshop.
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/2/2012 6:21:52 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Tigermike1975:

I totally agree we can't do nothing. With a reasonable payroll in mind here are the moves I would look to make:

1- resign Sanchez. This is the most important move to me. This gives them the best 1-4 in the AL hands down.

2- Trade Porcello. See if you can include Boesch in the deal as well. This gets rid of some of the arbitration raises that are due. I would settle for prospects to create more organizational depth. this makes Smyly the 5th starter until someone is ready to push him.

3- Sign one of Bourn, Pagan or Tori Hunter.

4 - Stay far away from Josh Hamilton, or anyone whose last name is Upton.

5- wait until late in the free agent season and see if there is a reclamation type closer available for a one year deal cheap. If not go with what we have in house and make a move at the trade deadline if it is deemed necessary.

Adding in a healthy Victor Martinez should also be a major plus.

Ideally I would like to trade Peralta and Avila as well, but the likelihood of this is so unrealistic I will accept that we have to live with them.


No Pagan don't want any x giants on my Tigers.
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/2/2012 6:25:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:



Addition of Victor Martinez is not standing pat. If nothing is working can always make a trade during if though more difficult now than before.


It will be great to have a healthy Martinez back.  We need to be even stronger and can't wait for trades need a couple of players from F.A,
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/2/2012 6:28:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:

The club signed both Peralta and Dotel...so Peralta will be the starting shortshop.


I am ok with Peralta but Dotel???????????  I think Coke should be given the chance to be the CLOSER.
Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/2/2012 10:53:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:



I am ok with Peralta but Dotel???????????  I think Coke should be given the chance to be the CLOSER.


Dotel was with the team last season and pitched very well. Everyone is returning now in the bullpen with the exception of Valverde. Personally, I want Al Alburqueque to be the closer. Coke is too vital for the lefty on lefty matchups that Leyland goes by. And sometimes the game is on the line in the 7-8 inning versus the ninth.
Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/2/2012 10:56:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:



Now thats a real wize move.  He's done. He has already said he is considering retirement.  


What about Ryan Madson?
Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/2/2012 10:57:42 AM
Okay nevermind....Leyland said he wants the 22 year old Bruce Rondon to be the closer.
Tigermike1975 PM Tigermike1975
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4751
 
Tigermike1975
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/2/2012 11:44:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:



What about Ryan Madson?

I could see the Tigers signing him on the cheap late in the free agent season if he is still on the market.
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/2/2012 9:40:09 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:



Dotel was with the team last season and pitched very well. Everyone is returning now in the bullpen with the exception of Valverde. Personally, I want Al Alburqueque to be the closer. Coke is too vital for the lefty on lefty matchups that Leyland goes by. And sometimes the game is on the line in the 7-8 inning versus the ninth.


I really like Alburqueque surprised he wasn't used more in the playoffs.
Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/2/2012 11:33:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:



I really like Alburqueque surprised he wasn't used more in the playoffs.


Looks like Rondon is going to be the closer...22 year old welcome to the big leagues.
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/3/2012 6:41:26 AM
At least we are sure of one thing and thats Martinez will be back hopefully fully recovered.
EastOakland PM EastOakland
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4188
 
EastOakland
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/5/2012 11:34:46 AM
Why dont you want any ex giants? Are you really that  butthurt over the fact that you lost to the Giants. A much better baseball team than the Tigers. Even if you guys came in not well rested you would have still got your behind kicked period point blank. The Giants were a much better team than you guys and have a better coach. Dont be a sore loser. If anything you would want as many ex giants as possible to make your team better. You're just a big fuckin whiner.
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/5/2012 12:20:36 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by EastOakland:

Why dont you want any ex giants? Are you really that  butthurt over the fact that you lost to the Giants. A much better baseball team than the Tigers. Even if you guys came in not well rested you would have still got your behind kicked period point blank. The Giants were a much better team than you guys and have a better coach. Dont be a sore loser. If anything you would want as many ex giants as possible to make your team better. You're just a big fuckin whiner.

Actually to be honest with you the reason i don't want any Giant players is because next year if the Giants are lucky enough to make it back to the World Series against the Tigers and the Tigers kick the Giants behind this time round i don't want the SF fans in here crying because we stold one or two of their players plain and simple.  Because i guarantee you if our pitching staff stays healthy and with Victor Martinez's bat back and we get one other big bat through FA we will be back.

Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/5/2012 1:26:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:

Actually to be honest with you the reason i don't want any Giant players is because next year if the Giants are lucky enough to make it back to the World Series against the Tigers and the Tigers kick the Giants behind this time round i don't want the SF fans in here crying because we stold one or two of their players plain and simple.  Because i guarantee you if our pitching staff stays healthy and with Victor Martinez's bat back and we get one other big bat through FA we will be back.



Do you know how difficult it is to make it to the World Series?
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:47:17 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:



Do you know how difficult it is to make it to the World Series?

Sure its really difficult but in Mike Illitch and Dave Dombrowski i trust they will be back next year.  If the Rangers can do it two years in a row the Tigers can with like i said the same healthy rotation.  If one of either Verlander, Scherzer or Fister go down for any time then we will be in trouble.  Read what i said a HEALTHY rotation.

lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/5/2012 4:24:58 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:



Do you know how difficult it is to make it to the World Series?

You do realize who is favored right now to win the 2013 World Series.  That would be the Detroit Tigers.

Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/5/2012 5:12:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:

You do realize who is favored right now to win the 2013 World Series.  That would be the Detroit Tigers.



And how often does the favorite win?
Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/5/2012 5:12:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:

Sure its really difficult but in Mike Illitch and Dave Dombrowski i trust they will be back next year.  If the Rangers can do it two years in a row the Tigers can with like i said the same healthy rotation.  If one of either Verlander, Scherzer or Fister go down for any time then we will be in trouble.  Read what i said a HEALTHY rotation.



How many weeks did Fister miss this past season?
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/5/2012 8:10:35 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:



And how often does the favorite win?

Not sure but i know one favorite team recently who didn't win.

Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/5/2012 8:24:42 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:

Not sure but i know one favorite team recently who didn't win.



Exactly.
Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/6/2012 11:38:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:



Now thats a real wize move.  He's done. He has already said he is considering retirement.  


Yeah...that is why the Yankees are looking to sign him.
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/7/2012 6:34:19 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Absolutxedge22:



Yeah...that is why the Yankees are looking to sign him.

He is done.  Will never be the same closer again.  If he would have had the torn  ACL at age 23 or so yeah he could have come back but not at his age like i said he is damaged goods now.  I have had a torn ACL its never the same and had it at about his age.  Example AP from the Vikings what is he 23 or 24 obviously he is fine.

Absolutxedge22 PM Absolutxedge22
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13498
 
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:28:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lookingtowin:

He is done.  Will never be the same closer again.  If he would have had the torn  ACL at age 23 or so yeah he could have come back but not at his age like i said he is damaged goods now.  I have had a torn ACL its never the same and had it at about his age.  Example AP from the Vikings what is he 23 or 24 obviously he is fine.



28 is too old?
lookingtowin PM lookingtowin
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3674
 
lookingtowin
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/14/2012 1:40:55 PM
Tori Hunter is a good start.
Tigermike1975 PM Tigermike1975
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4751
 
Tigermike1975
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/16/2012 10:47:20 AM
Perfect signing with Hunter and I hear that Illitch has said he is not done shopping yet. Will be interesting to see what direction they go next.
Forum: MLB Betting Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.