Messages

Forum Index : Food & Fitness : Messages
Author: [Food & Fitness] Topic: do u keep track of the reps u do?
mainmanmainman2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4309
Location: Antarctica
#1
Posted: 5/7/2012 6:57:49 PM
like over a 7 or 14 day span to figure out how many reps u are doing a month or period?
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#2
Posted: 5/7/2012 9:16:11 PM

Count them and add them up. Rocket science.

quote
Henry-Lilly send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
Henry-Lilly
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 10480
Location: St Vincent and
              the Grenadines
#3
Posted: 5/7/2012 9:40:07 PM
quote
mainmanmainman2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4309
Location: Antarctica
#4
Posted: 5/9/2012 2:39:58 PM

im talking like bruce lee, he wrote that shiet down like a madman.

weight, rep etc....
quote
searchwarrant
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
searchwarrant
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 60488
Location: Kenya
#5
Posted: 5/9/2012 11:54:17 PM

2 more is the only count you ever make in the gym - then add one.

If you have thick grips on the dumbells at your gym then cancel your membership. You will never get big and strong and be able to defend yourself against KFC.

quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10309
Location:
#6
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:05:54 PM
i dont count. i have a general idea of where im at and just push it until i can't lift it another inch. My last few reps are always very tough and the last one is probably wouldn;t even make it without a little help from a spotter. This method of pushing yourself to the limit works well for me. Only time I ever kept track of stuff is when I tried to get to 100 pushups in a row. I got pretty close before I got tired of doing pushups every day and moved on to something else
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#7
Posted: 5/10/2012 6:27:26 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Messier-11:

i dont count. i have a general idea of where im at and just push it until i can't lift it another inch. My last few reps are always very tough and the last one is probably wouldn;t even make it without a little help from a spotter. This method of pushing yourself to the limit works well for me. Only time I ever kept track of stuff is when I tried to get to 100 pushups in a row. I got pretty close before I got tired of doing pushups every day and moved on to something else

Amazing how you slip this in between all the strip clubs and drug use.....

quote
runlagos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
runlagos
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2897
Location: Pennsylvania
#8
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:41:34 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Amazing how you slip this in between all the strip clubs and drug use.....


 
quote
runlagos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
runlagos
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2897
Location: Pennsylvania
#9
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:42:14 AM
I don't feel the need to keep track.
quote
FriedShrimp send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
FriedShrimp
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 20685
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 5/13/2012 2:38:06 PM

Not a counter.  But prefer high reps over low reps.

quote
FriedShrimp send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
FriedShrimp
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 20685
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 5/13/2012 2:38:59 PM

Every now and then will go into super high rep mode and count minutes tho.  2 minutes of reps.

quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#12
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:12:25 PM
I start with 1.......
quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10309
Location:
#13
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:25:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

Amazing how you slip this in between all the strip clubs and drug use.....



i didn't know these were mutually exclusive 
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#14
Posted: 5/18/2012 6:47:40 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Messier-11:



i didn't know these were mutually exclusive 

They arent. However, you rarely see the weed smoking, gambling, alcholic from the strip club at the gym the next day......

quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10309
Location:
#15
Posted: 5/18/2012 7:39:34 PM
those are all night activities and I drink twice a week at the most. I was all county in soccer and hockey in high school and had scholarships to play at many different schools. Done tooting my own horn. Don't judge a degenerate by its cover is the moral of the story
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#16
Posted: 5/18/2012 9:34:43 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Messier-11:

those are all night activities and I drink twice a week at the most. I was all county in soccer and hockey in high school and had scholarships to play at many different schools. Done tooting my own horn. Don't judge a degenerate by its cover is the moral of the story

So did you play college soccer or hockey?

quote
Messier-11
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Messier-11
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 10309
Location:
#17
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:11:33 PM
hockey....degenerate side got the best of me and i quit after the first semester. It sucked having to practice at 11pm at night few time each week and the road trips though  fun, i always felt like I missing some great party and a chance at hooking up with a new babe. I knew I wasn't going pro and would rather just play intramural sports and live the life of a normal college student.
quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 34838
Location: Missouri
#18
Posted: 5/19/2012 10:08:26 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Messier-11:

hockey....degenerate side got the best of me and i quit after the first semester. It sucked having to practice at 11pm at night few time each week and the road trips though  fun, i always felt like I missing some great party and a chance at hooking up with a new babe. I knew I wasn't going pro and would rather just play intramural sports and live the life of a normal college student.


So they could be mutually exclusive.......
quote
Forum Index : Food & Fitness : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.