Messages

Forum Index : Food & Fitness : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Food & Fitness] Topic: Can you stay ripped/cut and lean yearound
Moose6836 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Moose6836
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2929
Location: Minnesota
#1
Posted: 11/21/2010 9:37:49 AM
Is this possible and can it be done? Are any of you guys ripped yearound?
quote
ApacheM send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ApacheM
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 14473
Location: Texas
#2
Posted: 11/21/2010 10:00:41 AM
Maybe, if you're under 60.......I'm not worried about gettin' younger, I just want to keep gettin' older
quote
vanwilder21 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: SBGGlobal.eu |
vanwilder21
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2748
Location: Arizona
#3
Posted: 11/21/2010 11:06:25 AM
Are you looking for pictures or something moose?
quote
Moose6836 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Moose6836
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2929
Location: Minnesota
#4
Posted: 11/21/2010 12:36:58 PM

van I used to be competitive bodybuilder...but I quit due to judges biased opinions also got burnt out with that as well as everything else....had great body down to 1% for shows im not loking to get that low but ive decided to get back into competition dieting eating pollack/kidney beans/brocalli/aspargous/egg whites brown rice. Im tired of being fat and not in shape...I know its bad time to start Thankgiving week but If not now then when? also what pissed me off is when I was ripped family/friends said I was overdoing it with tight clothes and I was showing off bragging. People who told me to bulk then cut are ripped all year. They wear tight clothes and show off. When I did that I got reamed out. as result of quitting show I quit working out for last 5 years and now just starting to get serious about it. So yes im plannning on being lean/ripped year round. Not so worried about mass which=fat.

 

quote
trainer4u2 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Do not use The Greek |
trainer4u2
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1538
Location: Nevada
#5
Posted: 11/21/2010 5:39:05 PM
yes 80% is nutrition! 
quote
trainer4u2 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Do not use The Greek |
trainer4u2
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1538
Location: Nevada
#6
Posted: 11/21/2010 5:40:05 PM
eat more greens!
quote
BLU-82 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BLU-82
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2270
Location:
#7
Posted: 11/22/2010 4:54:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Moose6836:

van I used to be competitive bodybuilder...but I quit due to judges biased opinions also got burnt out with that as well as everything else....had great body down to 1% for shows im not loking to get that low but ive decided to get back into competition dieting eating pollack/kidney beans/brocalli/aspargous/egg whites brown rice. Im tired of being fat and not in shape...I know its bad time to start Thankgiving week but If not now then when? also what pissed me off is when I was ripped family/friends said I was overdoing it with tight clothes and I was showing off bragging. People who told me to bulk then cut are ripped all year. They wear tight clothes and show off. When I did that I got reamed out. as result of quitting show I quit working out for last 5 years and now just starting to get serious about it. So yes im plannning on being lean/ripped year round. Not so worried about mass which=fat.

 


Moose6836 as a past competitive body builder, you should have some useful nutritional advice and training tips that you could share with us all. It would be appreciated.



quote
BLU-82 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BLU-82
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2270
Location:
#8
Posted: 11/22/2010 5:23:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by trainer4u2:

eat more greens!


good point, little or no fat .
quote
BLU-82 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
BLU-82
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2270
Location:
#9
Posted: 11/22/2010 5:25:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by trainer4u2:

yes 80% is nutrition! 



yes main point is nutrition
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 24079
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 11/22/2010 7:35:20 PM
Cheers

Good luck
quote
Hugh_Jorgan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hugh_Jorgan
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 12735
Location: New York
#11
Posted: 11/23/2010 10:19:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Moose6836:

van I used to be competitive bodybuilder...but I quit due to judges biased opinions also got burnt out with that as well as everything else....had great body down to 1% for shows im not loking to get that low but ive decided to get back into competition dieting eating pollack/kidney beans/brocalli/aspargous/egg whites brown rice. Im tired of being fat and not in shape...I know its bad time to start Thankgiving week but If not now then when? also what pissed me off is when I was ripped family/friends said I was overdoing it with tight clothes and I was showing off bragging. People who told me to bulk then cut are ripped all year. They wear tight clothes and show off. When I did that I got reamed out. as result of quitting show I quit working out for last 5 years and now just starting to get serious about it. So yes im plannning on being lean/ripped year round. Not so worried about mass which=fat.

 


You quit working out for 5 years? 
I stopped for 9 months due to a shoulder injury ... just got back in the gym recently. I was in very good shape when i stopped (not competition ready, but I was cut for a guy my age) but in 9 short months my losses were incredible, I put on 25lbs, my body fat went through the roof, and I now have a gut that is the biggest of my entire life.
Getting back into the shape I was in just last year will take a long friggin time. Sucks.
quote
Hugh_Jorgan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hugh_Jorgan
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 12735
Location: New York
#12
Posted: 11/23/2010 10:23:09 AM
To answer your original question, IMO it is unhealthy to stay cut year round. To do so you need to deprive yourself of needed fats. A balanced diet is the healthiest way to go. I used to seriously cut once per year, and maintain that for about 2 months. 
quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 29333
Location: Washington
#13
Posted: 11/24/2010 10:28:35 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

To answer your original question, IMO it is unhealthy to stay cut year round. To do so you need to deprive yourself of needed fats. A balanced diet is the healthiest way to go. I used to seriously cut once per year, and maintain that for about 2 months. 

 Absolutely.......most people don't understand that the people in BB comps don't look like that (1% body fat) year round..........they cut for 12-15 weeks before a competition to look like they do on show day. But you can maintain a 6%-7% BFI (which will have you looking pretty cut) simply by maintaining your workouts & eating properly. Unfortunately, the older we get the harder it is.

 

quote
BURG2VEGAS
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Westgate Las Vegas Superbook |
BURG2VEGAS
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4936
Location: Pennsylvania
#14
Posted: 11/25/2010 9:21:51 PM
i am up and down with that just like my bankroll, its all about lifestyle ,and the way you live ,i can get away w/cheating for a little bit ,but not for long
quote
cacabware
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cacabware
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 11635
Location: Massachusetts
#15
Posted: 11/30/2010 5:13:49 PM
quote
Moose6836 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Moose6836
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2929
Location: Minnesota
#16
Posted: 12/2/2010 11:16:12 AM
Im going to cut carbs....stick with oatmeal and green veggies as well as green apple....load up on fish/chicken and almonds....I need to get back into being ripped...Eating/lifting is a full time job...For me im done with going to bars/clubs/cutting back on watching games...Carbs are evil as they will get you fat...also working 40 hours a week is cutting into lifting....Im trying to work 20-30 hours a week so I get get back into bodybuilding shape...Tired of liers who I thought were my friends telling me to bulk then cut while they stay cut/ripped all year. Im going to have to invest in alarm clock and set it for 2:30am so I can get abb workout/90 minutes cardion in then go to gum and be done between 6-7am so I can get 3 meals in before I go to work at noon. You guys cant  tell me by going to bars..drinking on weekens is way to cut loose and still be lean...Theres no way!!!Im through with dating trying to find/meet women as well as trying to make friends at gym as to me they are scum. You guys on forum are cool but to me going to gym is not happy hour or social time...Its get it in get done and get out...agree or disagree? as well as talking during work out is sure fire way to kill your workout.
quote
Hugh_Jorgan send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Hugh_Jorgan
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 12735
Location: New York
#17
Posted: 12/2/2010 3:07:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Moose6836:

Im going to cut carbs....stick with oatmeal and green veggies as well as green apple....load up on fish/chicken and almonds....I need to get back into being ripped...Eating/lifting is a full time job...For me im done with going to bars/clubs/cutting back on watching games...Carbs are evil as they will get you fat...also working 40 hours a week is cutting into lifting....Im trying to work 20-30 hours a week so I get get back into bodybuilding shape...Tired of liers who I thought were my friends telling me to bulk then cut while they stay cut/ripped all year. Im going to have to invest in alarm clock and set it for 2:30am so I can get abb workout/90 minutes cardion in then go to gum and be done between 6-7am so I can get 3 meals in before I go to work at noon. You guys cant  tell me by going to bars..drinking on weekens is way to cut loose and still be lean...Theres no way!!!Im through with dating trying to find/meet women as well as trying to make friends at gym as to me they are scum. You guys on forum are cool but to me going to gym is not happy hour or social time...Its get it in get done and get out...agree or disagree? as well as talking during work out is sure fire way to kill your workout.

Slow down there, buckwheat.

You said in an earlier post that you used to compete in body building, but quit because the judges were biased. First of all, stop with the excuses, it's childish.

Now you say you want to work less to train more ... sounds like a good plan ... assuming your plan is to be a loser. Obviously the competitive BB didn't work out for you already ... why not try working out 90 minutes a day, 6 days a week, and squeeze in some cardio to go with a healthy diet, and NEVER let gym time get in the way of your making a living.

Time to grow up, pal. 
quote
Moose6836 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Moose6836
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2929
Location: Minnesota
#18
Posted: 12/5/2010 10:07:48 AM
Your right!!!I was venting...just getting burnt out with gym...betting games...work.....dosnt help when i go to gym to lift 1-2 hours before work then try to make it on time......Also working behind cash register at liquor store for 8 hours dosnt help as I get to deal with wine snog customers.Thats sure fire disaster which has been going on for last 5 years....also bodybuilding did work out as I was 5 times...but got to hard with work...dieting....posing. It all starts with me  as I need to get my garbage together.
quote
The Hawk send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
The Hawk
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 14746
Location: California
#19
Posted: 12/5/2010 2:13:01 PM

I usually get ripped on weekends..................

quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 29333
Location: Washington
#20
Posted: 12/7/2010 10:08:00 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Moose6836:

Im going to cut carbs....stick with oatmeal and green veggies as well as green apple....load up on fish/chicken and almonds....I need to get back into being ripped...Eating/lifting is a full time job...For me im done with going to bars/clubs/cutting back on watching games...Carbs are evil as they will get you fat...also working 40 hours a week is cutting into lifting....Im trying to work 20-30 hours a week so I get get back into bodybuilding shape...Tired of liers who I thought were my friends telling me to bulk then cut while they stay cut/ripped all year. Im going to have to invest in alarm clock and set it for 2:30am so I can get abb workout/90 minutes cardion in then go to gum and be done between 6-7am so I can get 3 meals in before I go to work at noon. You guys cant  tell me by going to bars..drinking on weekens is way to cut loose and still be lean...Theres no way!!!Im through with dating trying to find/meet women as well as trying to make friends at gym as to me they are scum. You guys on forum are cool but to me going to gym is not happy hour or social time...Its get it in get done and get out...agree or disagree? as well as talking during work out is sure fire way to kill your workout.

 I agree with that........I know a few people at the Gold's that I go to but usually just say hello & move on. I don't like to be there any longer than I have to. If I get my work in w/o BS'ing with people I can usually be in & out in about 75-80 mins.

quote
smartbets send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Wynn Las Vegas |
smartbets
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 7575
Location: Nevada
#21
Posted: 1/19/2011 5:41:50 PM
no one gets to 1% natural. 2-3% is essential.
quote
cyalx send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
cyalx
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2797
Location: Maryland
#22
Posted: 1/19/2011 7:27:41 PM
1 percent bf sure there not a chance in hell you were that i dont think even possible more like 5 or 6 is the lowest you will c
quote
THEMUGG
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
THEMUGG
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 29333
Location: Washington
#23
Posted: 1/19/2011 10:53:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cyalx:

1 percent bf sure there not a chance in hell you were that i dont think even possible more like 5 or 6 is the lowest you will c

  BB's/athletes get to 1% body fat all the time, so yes it's quite possible. I've been down between 5-6% myself & maybe lower ( there's a limit to the accuracy of calipers).
quote
RickeM send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
RickeM
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 7967
Location: New York
#24
Posted: 1/20/2011 8:07:31 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Moose6836:

Is this possible and can it be done? Are any of you guys ripped yearound?
If you were seriously a competitive BB'er then you would already know the answer to this question.


quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 38273
Location: Missouri
#25
Posted: 2/1/2011 7:16:49 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by RickeM:

If you were seriously a competitive BB'er then you would already know the answer to this question.


Cause RickeM knows everything but never provides an answer

quote
Forum Index : Food & Fitness : Messages Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.