Miley Cyrus and her utter lack of musical talent

Forum: Music Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [Music] Topic: Miley Cyrus and her utter lack of musical talent
electricladylnd PM electricladylnd
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1947
 
electricladylnd
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/22/2010 4:12:32 PM

I was watching TV with my 3.5 yr old daughter the other day and a Miley Cyrus video came on. Well Ive seen some episodes of Hannah Montana and, for what it is, its a reasonably funny show. I mean nothing Id ever watch for myself but for the 2-10yr old crowd its a harmless funny show. So ive heard about Miley bein a "musician" now and really didnt think too much of it until I saw her latest video.

 

The song was called "The Climb." I gave it a shot, I watched the whole video with open mind and ears and I must have to say i was truly surprised at how little musical talent this girl really has. Now she doesnt hae to have a voice of Whitney Houston or mariah Carey by any means but her voice literally is TERRIBLE. just total trash, it sounds absolutely awful!!! Shes not playing any of the instruments, shes not writing the music, and on top of that her voice sucks too!!!!

 

Only in America can a talentless 17 year old be put on a pedestal as a "star of todays music"

 

Not to rip the girl personally, she might be the sweetest girl around (as evidenced by the 25 year old dudes always hangin around lol) but really, get some voice lessons or something. Your singing "career" is a sham. She literally would be one of the worst singers at the karoake bar

Sparky10191 PM Sparky10191
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 68264
 
Sparky10191
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/22/2010 6:06:19 PM

Do me a favor and watch this.

 

Tell me what ya think.

electricladylnd PM electricladylnd
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1947
 
electricladylnd
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/22/2010 6:44:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sparky10191:

Do me a favor and watch this.

 

Tell me what ya think.

 

I think were just counting down the days till a rehab, arrest, or pregnancy!!

 

And Billy Ray will standing there like "how did all this happen????""

 

Britney Jr

The Hawk PM The Hawk
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 17729
 
The Hawk
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/22/2010 7:05:16 PM

Hey,

Don't break my heart

My achy breaky heart...........

Crowkillers PM Crowkillers
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 32063
 
Crowkillers
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/22/2010 7:26:57 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sparky10191:

Do me a favor and watch this.

 

Tell me what ya think.

Yep... it won't be long now....

lifemisspent PM lifemisspent
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 7312
 
lifemisspent
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/22/2010 7:31:51 PM

She's hot.

 

Sparky10191 PM Sparky10191
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 68264
 
Sparky10191
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/22/2010 7:33:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by electricladylnd:

 

I think were just counting down the days till a rehab, arrest, or pregnancy!!

 

And Billy Ray will standing there like "how did all this happen????""

 

Britney Jr

Apparently...she's dancing with these half naked girls and guys. She told her boyfriend that he couldn't be there because of the girls part. And he mom was there the entire time helping with the video.

 

And then she was doing a live event, jumped on a wagon that had a pole (for no reason really) and she did a little grind on it. I had a post about that when it happened and said that she's the next Brittney Spears. She's certainly not as good looking as Brittney in her prime, but she's probably more popular and has MANY more children who look up to her.

That video was a mix of Brittney Spears (slight auto-tune) and Lady Gaga (outfit).

electricladylnd PM electricladylnd
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1947
 
electricladylnd
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/22/2010 7:41:33 PM

lol sparky, so true

 

Yes youre right though, she isnt NEARLY as attractive as Britney was in her prime. Britney, as fucked up as she is, was SMOKIN hot in her day

Jaysvdubwhat PM Jaysvdubwhat
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 23759
 
Jaysvdubwhat
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/22/2010 8:58:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sparky10191:

Do me a favor and watch this.

 

Tell me what ya think.



good song good lookin girl
electricladylnd PM electricladylnd
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1947
 
electricladylnd
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/22/2010 9:01:48 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Jaysvdubwhat:



good song good lookin girl

 

good looking . .. ehh ok i wont really debate that, she's cute

 

good song . . . .. ummmm, not so much

gold6185 PM gold6185
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1108
 
gold6185
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/22/2010 9:10:36 PM

It goes without saying that video has reduced the talent level in the music industry. Before video-bands & singers had to tour as opening acts in front of a stadium crowd. If you couldn't entertain a large crowd-you simply were dropped from the tour. You HAD to have musical talent to make it in the business. There are some good bands & singers. I like Green Day & I like Cheryl Crow & Christina Aguilera. But with corporations running the music & video business today-most of the so called young stars are creatively & artistically devoid of talent. There is NO message to the music anymore. It's some no talent cute babe singing manufactured crap.

electricladylnd PM electricladylnd
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1947
 
electricladylnd
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 5/22/2010 9:18:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gold6185:

It goes without saying that video has reduced the talent level in the music industry. Before video-bands & singers had to tour as opening acts in front of a stadium crowd. If you couldn't entertain a large crowd-you simply were dropped from the tour. You HAD to have musical talent to make it in the business. There are some good bands & singers. I like Green Day & I like Cheryl Crow & Christina Aguilera. But with corporations running the music & video business today-most of the so called young stars are creatively & artistically devoid of talent. There is NO message to the music anymore. It's some no talent cute babe singing manufactured crap.

 

very well said

CountNo_Account PM CountNo_Account
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 7738
 
CountNo_Account
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/22/2010 9:43:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gold6185:

It goes without saying that video has reduced the talent level in the music industry. Before video-bands & singers had to tour as opening acts in front of a stadium crowd. If you couldn't entertain a large crowd-you simply were dropped from the tour. You HAD to have musical talent to make it in the business. There are some good bands & singers. I like Green Day & I like Cheryl Crow & Christina Aguilera. But with corporations running the music & video business today-most of the so called young stars are creatively & artistically devoid of talent. There is NO message to the music anymore. It's some no talent cute babe singing manufactured crap.





So so true. And it seems with many choreography and posturing is way more than the "music."




jesron1269 PM jesron1269
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 18644
 
jesron1269
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 5/23/2010 12:03:04 AM
To makes matters worst she looks like a man and has a manly voice.  She gives me the creeps and I really cannot wait for his extended 15 minutes to be over.  Now she is not only invading the music industry but she also thinks that she can act good enough for mainstream leading roles.  UHHH please stop and go away!
yuice20 PM yuice20
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 4049
 
yuice20
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2010 12:15:02 AM
i could count on one hand how many of these "singers" can actually sing live. it is really embarrassing how bad these artists are without autotune.
FrankieNapp PM FrankieNapp
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 5205
 
FrankieNapp
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/23/2010 12:15:14 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by lifemisspent:

She's hot.

 







Sparky10191 PM Sparky10191
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 68264
 
Sparky10191
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/23/2010 12:43:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gold6185:

It goes without saying that video has reduced the talent level in the music industry. Before video-bands & singers had to tour as opening acts in front of a stadium crowd. If you couldn't entertain a large crowd-you simply were dropped from the tour. You HAD to have musical talent to make it in the business. There are some good bands & singers. I like Green Day & I like Cheryl Crow & Christina Aguilera. But with corporations running the music & video business today-most of the so called young stars are creatively & artistically devoid of talent. There is NO message to the music anymore. It's some no talent cute babe singing manufactured crap.

But her fanbase is middle teenage to young girls. Them + Parents = Sellouts. Some thing with Justin Bieber.

coloradobuff PM coloradobuff
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2092
 
coloradobuff
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2010 1:19:32 PM
no denying she is a musical hack..all production little talent
Iw1nBets PM Iw1nBets
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 58483
 
Iw1nBets
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 5/23/2010 1:19:57 PM
that fuckin song sucked
BWS77 PM BWS77
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 21004
 
BWS77
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 5/23/2010 1:23:01 PM
Billy Ray doesn't care what she does as long as the checks clear
Syddigs PM Syddigs
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 5765
 
Syddigs
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/23/2010 5:27:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Sparky10191:

Do me a favor and watch this.

 

Tell me what ya think.



I could barely get halfway through that video before shutting it down.

I have always wondered what the big deal is with this chick. She has a fucked up top lip and is a 6 out of 10 at best.

Billy Ray must have done a lot more than sell his soul in order to have his career and create one for his daughter. She is a no talent mutt.
NoseHair PM NoseHair
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1400
 
NoseHair
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2010 7:13:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by electricladylnd:

I was watching TV with my 3.5 yr old daughter the other day and a Miley Cyrus video came on. Well Ive seen some episodes of Hannah Montana and, for what it is, its a reasonably funny show. I mean nothing Id ever watch for myself but for the 2-10yr old crowd its a harmless funny show. So ive heard about Miley bein a "musician" now and really didnt think too much of it until I saw her latest video.

 

The song was called "The Climb." I gave it a shot, I watched the whole video with open mind and ears and I must have to say i was truly surprised at how little musical talent this girl really has. Now she doesnt hae to have a voice of Whitney Houston or mariah Carey by any means but her voice literally is TERRIBLE. just total trash, it sounds absolutely awful!!! Shes not playing any of the instruments, shes not writing the music, and on top of that her voice sucks too!!!!

Agree, The Climb is kinda weak.

But you should check out Miley's Party in the USA.  That track is off the charts dope.

Chicks in the club still FLOCK to the DF when it comes on.   I'm right behind them.  

gutcheck PM gutcheck
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4195
 
gutcheck
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 5/23/2010 7:34:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by NoseHair:

Agree, The Climb is kinda weak.

But you should check out Miley's Party in the USA.  That track is off the charts dope.

Chicks in the club still FLOCK to the DF when it comes on.   I'm right behind them.  

mohjo PM mohjo
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6456
 
mohjo
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/24/2010 4:49:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Syddigs:



I could barely get halfway through that video before shutting it down.

I have always wondered what the big deal is with this chick. She has a fucked up top lip and is a 6 out of 10 at best.

Billy Ray must have done a lot more than sell his soul in order to have his career and create one for his daughter. She is a no talent mutt.

She is simply the best con job of America's youth I've ever seen she sucks so bad I'd tell her to suck on a bullet before she could suck on me b'c she's probably an ugly boy under all that make-up

wizardofroz PM wizardofroz
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6146
 
wizardofroz
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 5/24/2010 5:03:10 AM

This just goes to show you that the key to riches in the music industry is to be attractive (girl or guy) and market mostly to the pre-teen/teenage crowd who are tone deaf and have no clue what goes into making a good song.  Then when the talentless idol reaches their late 20s, no one cares about them any more and they just buy into the next pretty face.

Forum: Music Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.