BENSON HENDERSON

Forum: Mixed Martial Arts Page 1 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Mixed Martial Arts] Topic: BENSON HENDERSON
BronxBambino17 PM BronxBambino17
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2166
United States
 
BronxBambino17
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/21/2012 11:54:04 PM
WINS. 
sharpstick PM sharpstick
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8523
Nevada
 
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:15:15 AM
BronxBambino17 PM BronxBambino17
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2166
United States
 
BronxBambino17
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/22/2012 9:48:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sharpstick:


What's up sharp? Speak to me! I really like Henderson in this match up.. What's your take?
KineProfessor PM KineProfessor
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4616
Texas
 
KineProfessor
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 1:29:41 AM
Hendo here as well
7MrG7 PM 7MrG7
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 76
California
 
7MrG7
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:55:38 AM
Henderson by k.o.
jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:59:19 AM
Some good insight in here!
tmurda666 PM tmurda666
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1176
New York
 
tmurda666
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 1:08:34 PM
takanori gomi, joe lauzon, yushin okami, jake shields, chech kongo, rampage, bendo...
keven vanlith PM keven vanlith
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1358
 
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:36:55 PM
Benson UD 4-1 4-1 3-2

Frankie has the boxing edge.

Punching power and cardio are even.

Everything else Bendo has.
BronxBambino17 PM BronxBambino17
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2166
United States
 
BronxBambino17
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 4:53:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 7MrG7:

Henderson by k.o.

Submission sir 
Reach PM Reach
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1415
California
 
Reach
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:24:01 PM
Benson has excellent cardio as well. Was thinking Benson. Then wasnt sure after watching the ufc prefight special on benson and frankie. Now that I know kineprofessor likes benson, i will definitely be on benson!
Posted using a mobile device.
jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:47:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by keven vanlith:

Benson UD 4-1 4-1 3-2

Frankie has the boxing edge.

Punching power and cardio are even.

Everything else Bendo has.


The books don't seem to think Bendo has any edge in submissions.  Frankie by sub is +1025.  Bendo by sub is +1095.  (Dimes)

I don't either.  Bendo has very overrated BJJ.
keven vanlith PM keven vanlith
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1358
 
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 8:31:56 PM
What about KOs and so on, its all basiclly a wash just like your above stat. 

This is an even fight on paper with the more talented athelete grinding out a win.
jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:14:48 PM
Actually Edgar by KO/TKO is +675 while Bendo by KO/TKO is +920.

Hey I'm not here to say either one blows the other out.  Lightweight is a very competitive division. 

But I think Bendo's "advantages" are pretty much make believe.  Other than sheer size of course.  Which could be a big factor.  Bendo isn't terrible in any area, but I don't see any skill-set where he is better.  While I think Frankie is clearly better in the striking department.

Either way good luck on the rest of the card.  
BronxBambino17 PM BronxBambino17
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2166
United States
 
BronxBambino17
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:47:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jonnyg4508:

Actually Edgar by KO/TKO is +675 while Bendo by KO/TKO is +920.

Hey I'm not here to say either one blows the other out.  Lightweight is a very competitive division. 

But I think Bendo's "advantages" are pretty much make believe.  Other than sheer size of course.  Which could be a big factor.  Bendo isn't terrible in any area, but I don't see any skill-set where he is better.  While I think Frankie is clearly better in the striking department.

Either way good luck on the rest of the card.   


 Make believe?
keven vanlith PM keven vanlith
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1358
 
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 9:55:28 PM
Boxing maybe but not striking with his piter pater punches.

Now ben does not have much power either but considering how frankie was so close to being koed  in the 1st round of his last fight before KOing a spent gray in the 4th round and congrats to him, but ben has never faced that peril, those odds should be reversed, but i do not see either KOing the other, since it has not happened to either.

Stats from bens 3 ufc fights

Strikes

Bocek 11
Henderson 56

Miller 14
Henderson 65

Guida 11
Henderson 40

Some dominating standup himself and great def. very little shots landed on him, now i conceded that frankie has a slight standup adv. but it is very close.

GL to YOU on the rest of the card jonny
jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 10:15:56 PM
Are those all stand up strikes?  Or is that GnP too?

UFC stats are awfully flawed.  Like someone brought up the fact that Akiyama has a 100% take down defense rate.  Yet when does anyone ever try to take him down? 

I'm on Frankie.  But I have been wrong before.  I was wrong on the Diaz fight, although I still think he took 3 of 5 rounds in a running fest by Condit. But Condit did what he had to do.

While breaking it down I just don't see how anyone can favor Bendo in many or really any areas.  But they are pretty even in many.  Which should make for a good fight. 

It might also come down to who handles fighting in Japan better.  Just like all people, some guys get bothered easily.  Some guys have strict routines, can't adapt to different food, the time change, ect. 

Should be an entertaining card.  Hope we all make money on it.

On a side note:  for anyone not really looking at betting this fight, I think Frankie by UNANIMOUS DECISION at +180 is worth a look.   I sort of like that more than my straight play now.  This is from 5dimes.
jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 10:18:30 PM
And the "pitter patter" punches people say needs to stop.  They said it with the Diaz Bros, yet they beat the hell out of guys with their hands.  Edgar just KO'd a man who had never lost and held a 20lb advantage over him.

Pitter Patter breaks people down.  People don't throw 100% power into everyone of their punches.
BronxBambino17 PM BronxBambino17
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2166
United States
 
BronxBambino17
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 10:23:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jonnyg4508:

Are those all stand up strikes?  Or is that GnP too?

UFC stats are awfully flawed.  Like someone brought up the fact that Akiyama has a 100% take down defense rate.  Yet when does anyone ever try to take him down? 

I'm on Frankie.  But I have been wrong before.  I was wrong on the Diaz fight, although I still think he took 3 of 5 rounds in a running fest by Condit. But Condit did what he had to do.

While breaking it down I just don't see how anyone can favor Bendo in many or really any areas.  But they are pretty even in many.  Which should make for a good fight. 

It might also come down to who handles fighting in Japan better.  Just like all people, some guys get bothered easily.  Some guys have strict routines, can't adapt to different food, the time change, ect. 

Should be an entertaining card.  Hope we all make money on it.

On a side note:  for anyone not really looking at betting this fight, I think Frankie by UNANIMOUS DECISION at +180 is worth a look.   I sort of like that more than my straight play now.  This is from 5dimes.

Thanks for giving me more confidence in hendo 
jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 10:43:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BronxBambino17:


Thanks for giving me more confidence in hendo 

By me giving my reasons why Frankie will win? 

Oh well...Your welcome. 

Good Luck
bense197969 PM bense197969
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4797
Michigan
 
bense197969
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/23/2012 11:05:14 PM
I lean to Henderson, but haven't played anything yet.  
BronxBambino17 PM BronxBambino17
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2166
United States
 
BronxBambino17
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:24:42 PM
Adding mark hunt +230
tjohnsont PM tjohnsont
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5730
 
tjohnsont
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/24/2012 11:33:21 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508:

Actually Edgar by KO/TKO is +675 while Bendo by KO/TKO is +920.

Hey I'm not here to say either one blows the other out.  Lightweight is a very competitive division. 

But I think Bendo's "advantages" are pretty much make believe.  Other than sheer size of course.  Which could be a big factor.  Bendo isn't terrible in any area, but I don't see any skill-set where he is better.  While I think Frankie is clearly better in the striking department.

Either way good luck on the rest of the card.  

That's based on Edgar knocking out Maynard last fight and Ben doesn't really have knock out power.

twodeuce PM twodeuce
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 117
Canada
 
twodeuce
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/25/2012 2:19:13 PM
2 TOP PREMIUM PLAYS OF THE CENTURY , UFC 144 JAPAN



BEN HENDO AND PETTIS

FUTURE REMATCH FOR TITLE.....

ITS CALLED CAPPING THE FUTURE MATCHES..

@ EDGAR BACKERS.. THAT KID IS TOP NOTCH BUT ANY INTELLIGENT PERSON KNOWS HENDO TAKES THIS!!!!!!!!!
BronxBambino17 PM BronxBambino17
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 2166
United States
 
BronxBambino17
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:27:50 AM
2-0 baby!
keven vanlith PM keven vanlith
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1358
 
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/26/2012 1:44:01 AM
Hey many congrats on a smoooooth win OO i spelled that wrong pulla is coming in your thread bronx sorry.

Just wondering what do you think of those numbers in post  #8 in your thread?

Was i even close?
Forum: Mixed Martial Arts Page 1 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.