Posted: 2/2/2013 10:33:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by CAPTAINPAP:
COOL CALM AND COLLECTED IS COLIN KAP, THE GUY IS NOT RATTLED ON THE BIGGEST STAGES OF HIS CAREER, AND I DONT SEE HIM CHOKING IN THE HUGEST GAME OF HIS CAREER. THE THREAT OF KAP RUNNING AND OPENING UP HOLES FOR GORE IS THE DIFFERENCE IN MY OPINION.
1. THE RAVENS RELY ON INTELLIGENCE AND EMOTION ON DEFENSE, I DONT THINK THE RAVENS CAN CONTAIN THE SPEED ON KAP AND COMPANY. HEY I APPLAUD FLACCO FOR PLAYING GREAT FOOTBALL IN THESE PLAYOFFS.
2. I THINK JUSTIN SMITH, WILLIS AND ALDON SMITH WILL PRESSURE FLACCO MORE THAN HE HAS SEEN IN THESE PLAYOFFS. AKERS MAYBE THE ACHILLIES HEEL ON THE NINERS OFFENSE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF HIS STRUGGLES THIS YEAR,
3. BUT I THINK HE WHEN CALLED UPON HE WILL GET THE JOB DONE, HIS CAREER WITH PHILLY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, EVERYONE GETS INTO A FUNK ONCE IN A WHILE. THIS WILL BE A DEFENSIVE MATCHUP FOR SURE, I DONT SEE THE NINERS GIVING UP A LOT OF BIG PLAYS AGAINST THE RAVENS OFFENSE. LOOK BECAUSE
4. THE NINERS LOOKED AT TIMES TERRIBLE AGAINST GREENBAY AND ATLANTA IS BECAUSE THEY WERE GOING UP AGAINST TWO DYNAMIC OFFENSES, BUT THEY STOPPED GREENBAY AND ATLANTA BOTH IN THE SECOND HALF OF BOTH GAMES. THIS OFFENSE THE RAVENS HAS ARE NOTHING LIKE GREENBAY OR ATLANTA'S OFFENSIVE. 49ERS ARE THE BETTER TEAM HERE, AND VEGAS IS SPOT ON WHEN IT OPENED NINERS-5, TONS OF MONEY EARLY ON THE RAVENS AND
5. RIGHTFULLY SO THE WAY THE HANDLED MY PATS, BUT THE PATS HAD NO PASS RUSH, NINERS WILL BRING IT FOR SURE. 23-17 NINERS IN MY OPINION. GOOD LUCK ALL AND ENJOY THE GAME.
Appreciate the conversation
1. I agree that Kap's speed could be the difference in game. However you acknowledge the strengths of the Ravens defense are intelligence and emotion. While clearly they are emotional, they are EXTREMELY disciplined, see defeats over Brady and Manning for details. Thus I believe their discipline and intelligence will put their bodies in the correct alignments and let their emotion make the tackle.
2. Going to the glasses, first thirteen games combined Sacks for Smith Duo- 22.5
Last five including Pats game injury- 1 and go back and look, Aldon got that before J Smith got hurt.
The 49ers have had to BLITZ MORE, and thus get beat deep at a higher percentage. Not rocket science or huge wide receivers, that just helps.
3. Not gonna say much, That was then, this is now. The man has lost his psyche and look no further than Jim Harby trying out other kickers
4. Your right, the Ravens are playing even better right now thanks in large to Joe "being all time" Cool in these playoff. The biggest difference however is that the Ravens have a semblence of a running game to mix in.
Passing the football is a streaky proposition. Like basketball shooting, you get hot and the NFL is a "make or miss" league. In the first half of those games, those teams "made throws" and in second half they "missed." This is for a variety of reasons, Matt Ryan dropping a snap or good defense against Aaron Rogers too name a few....
5. Patriots were being lauded when the came into playoff that "they finally found their long lost pass rush, Vrable has returned as Rob Nikovitch. Believe me as a Bears fan living it Pats land its all I heard and hard to take. That being said you even admitted how badly that defensive unit was shut down. Joe Flacco stayed Joe "Bleach White" all game. And with the Niners STRUGGLING pass rush, Baltimore accending offensive line, and Joe taking the top off the defense like a play house.... I just don't see anything but 6 or more pressures getting to Flacco, and believe me Jimmy boy does not want to leave his backend one on one with, Smith, or Boldin, or Rice, or Dennis "Tha Wet" Pitta.......
BUt really WHAT tHe FFFFF do I kNoW??????