Joe Flacco #5

Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: Joe Flacco #5
ravenzone PM ravenzone
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 6349
 
ravenzone
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:33:50 PM

        I am so sick of this forum and my (friends) on Facebook not giving this dude any respect.  He has taken this team to the AFC Championship 2 consecutive years.  In the last 2 weeks he has led his team to victory against what you people call the elite of QB'S....Manning and Brady.

      Now more to this......Belichick refused to speak to the media and Tommy Boy walked off the field like a lost little 5 year old.  NO CLASS whatsoever...............You should be embarrassed....I would if John or Joe acted that way.  Whatever....THE Baltimore Ravens are going to NORLEANS...............I find that funny...and I won a decent amount of money to boot......Have a great night folks.!!!!!

yourdaddyspice PM yourdaddyspice
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1901
 
yourdaddyspice
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:39:28 PM
I do give him respect !!!!

Did get a bit lucky with Broncos game though...Even though he made come great throws...


Moore decided to have a brain cramp in last minute 
trancer70 PM trancer70
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 813
 
trancer70
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:41:20 PM
He deserves a ton of respect - winning on the road in the playoffs against Manning and Brady speaks volumes.  I would've put a lot on SF if they were playing anyone else but the Ravens - should be a great game.
dillon24 PM dillon24
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 8936
 
dillon24
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:42:50 PM
If the dude wins the superbowl it's truly one of the greatest seasons in NFL history.. Beating manning and brady on the road and then win it all..
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51477
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:52:18 PM
I dont give him respect and likely never will.

He has one of the best lines in the league, awesome receivers and a defense that bails his butt out year after year.

His play today was better than his average flop in a big game, but I expect much more out of him given the tremendous talent he has around him.

Name another team with the receivers AND line AND defense that he has?


ravenzone PM ravenzone
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 6349
 
ravenzone
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:52:59 PM
It's so nice to hear from folks who "get it"...thanks guys
ravenzone PM ravenzone
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 6349
 
ravenzone
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:12:32 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

I dont give him respect and likely never will.

He has one of the best lines in the league, awesome receivers and a defense that bails his butt out year after year.

His play today was better than his average flop in a big game, but I expect much more out of him given the tremendous talent he has around him.

Name another team with the receivers AND line AND defense that he has?


Wow....your post is so contradicting.....aren't his line, receivers, and defense supposed to protect their QB?  I have read and re-read your post and I still don't get it.  He has not "flopped" in the big game.  In fact thats when he shows up.............Covers I'm sorry you feel that way, it sounds like you had the Pats minus the points...sorry for your luck my friend.............

yourdaddyspice PM yourdaddyspice
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1901
 
yourdaddyspice
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:17:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ravenzone:

It's so nice to hear from folks who "get it"...thanks guys

He is not the Elite Qb your also trying to make him out to be. 

I give you credit he's good, but he can't carry a team on his arm like Brady can. 


TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43752
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:19:30 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

I dont give him respect and likely never will.

He has one of the best lines in the league, awesome receivers and a defense that bails his butt out year after year.

His play today was better than his average flop in a big game, but I expect much more out of him given the tremendous talent he has around him.

Name another team with the receivers AND line AND defense that he has?




I expect a lot more out of you wall. This is a horrible post. Just ignorant really. I expect this stuff from the newbs and rooks, but for you to post this drivel makes me shake my head......
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51477
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:13:23 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:



I expect a lot more out of you wall. This is a horrible post. Just ignorant really. I expect this stuff from the newbs and rooks, but for you to post this drivel makes me shake my head......


What part of it is drivel?

Be specific please..

I think the talent around him means the level of expectation is higher..

I think Flacco is a mediocre to below average player..you dont have to like that, nor did you answer the questions I asked.

What QB has a better line, receivers, backs and defense in the league?
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43752
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:33:13 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:



What part of it is drivel?

Be specific please..

I think the talent around him means the level of expectation is higher..

I think Flacco is a mediocre to below average player..you dont have to like that, nor did you answer the questions I asked.

What QB has a better line, receivers, backs and defense in the league?


So you're saying that because the team around him is great that and everyone expects him to be awesome that means hes not good? Expectations breed disappointment.

Hes is one of only 10 rookies now (i think) to start a playoff game. Only rookie to win 2 playoffs games. Hes the ONLY QB in NFL history to take his team to the playoffs in each of his 1st 5 seasons....... AND he won a playoff game in every one of them.

He currently has a better playoff win % than Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers....Also:

NFL records

  • First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs (shared with Matt Ryan)
  • First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games[21]
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
  • Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 92
  • Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54
  • Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)[22]
  • Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons[23]
  • Most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first five seasons: 54
  • Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6



As far as teams with equal all around talent goes.....Texans and SF come to mind.....


Not real sure why this man doesnt deserve your "respect".
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51477
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:03:07 PM
Flacco has underachieved for how many years with the team around him?

Look at his QB stats over his career..the guy is just average.

Now average would be fine if he was on an average team, but this team is very good from most every standpoint, he really is the biggest weakness on the team in my view.

You list a bunch of stats that reflect the quality of the TEAM..so starts in seasons means he isnt being sacked often and isnt being put on his rear end much..that is because of the line quality and how the defense dominates other teams..

To me the TEAM is the reason for every single stat you listed, playoff wins, his starting stats..those are not a reflection of HIS qualities.

Look up this instead-

http://www.nfl.com/player/joeflacco/382/careerstats

His best year was a 93 rating..which is horrid given the team he is on and the weapons he has.

Flacco wouldnt be starting on many teams in this league..he should consider himself fortunate that Baltimore puts up with him year in and out.

Credit the team for the results, not Flacco.
shrimp1958 PM shrimp1958
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 50021
 
shrimp1958
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:18:11 PM
OMG......Glad you made statements about the Ravens...

The Oline has only been together for 3 weeks...the loss of Jah Reid(injured) forced McKinney into the lineup...until then the line was horrible...line was completly reshuffled....Pierce and RR very good backs...Boldin/Smith and Pitta good receivers too...The defense was bad this year,,,,injuries ruined them..one week ...LB's were circus clowns do to injuries late in the year...Webb #21  being lost has hurt the team a lot....Flacco in the last 3 games with TIME has been awesome.....A great Super Bowl awaits ...Can't wait...
boostyourego PM boostyourego
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 348
 
boostyourego
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:21:07 PM
Sanchez beat Peyton and Brady b2b in the playoffs too. But it doesn't mean much unless you win it all.
earthWake PM earthWake
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 6183
 
earthWake
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:35:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by yourdaddyspice:

I do give him respect !!!!

Did get a bit lucky with Broncos game though...Even though he made come great throws...


Moore decided to have a brain cramp in last minute 

You are ignorant. One play doesn't decide a game.

The Ravens special teams had two brain cramps, but I guess that had no factor in the game.
earthWake PM earthWake
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 6183
 
earthWake
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:39:01 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

I dont give him respect and likely never will.

He has one of the best lines in the league, awesome receivers and a defense that bails his butt out year after year.

His play today was better than his average flop in a big game, but I expect much more out of him given the tremendous talent he has around him.

Name another team with the receivers AND line AND defense that he has?



Wow.

Sour grapes?

I'm not arguing with you because you seem like the type to argue till your deathbed even if you know you are wrong.

Flacco is elite man, end of story. He has like 7 road playoff wins, the strongest arm in the Nfl and now a trip to the superbowl where he just outplayed Manning and Brady.
Keylow PM Keylow
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 260
 
Keylow
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:42:16 PM
Boo-hoo are you related to Rodney dangerfield 
Puff PM Puff
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1684
 
Puff
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/21/2013 12:48:57 PM
As a grown man, why do u care? He wins the SB, everyone will say he led them to title.  Flacco played great yesterday, but has to be more consistant throughout entire season. 

1 thing 
Balt got to realize, its Flacco's team, not a 38 yr old MLB, who just wants all the spotlight on himself.  
wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51477
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:06:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by earthWake:


Wow.

Sour grapes?

I'm not arguing with you because you seem like the type to argue till your deathbed even if you know you are wrong.

Flacco is elite man, end of story. He has like 7 road playoff wins, the strongest arm in the Nfl and now a trip to the superbowl where he just outplayed Manning and Brady.


I look at stats and a longer horizon than a few games. Most every QB to play at this level with a good team has good games..even past QB's on Baltimore had good games because the team around them is great.

Look at his own specific stats, just numbers he is responsible for..they are right there on that link.

To me the mark of an ELITE QB isnt if you win the Superbowl, its how you perform season in and out, good team or bad and what YOU do to elevate the team and where that player takes the team because of HIS skills..

To me Joe and Eli are quite similar..if the team around them is great and they are not required to carry the team based on their own and only on their own, they can perform just fine...but put either of those two on a team like Jax or AZ this year or Oakland and do you think they would carry those teams to the playoffs?

That is the sign of elite..not if you make it to the SB because of the teams abilities and strength.

Saying Joe is elite is premature and his career stats do not back up your theory..nor does he have any SB wins yet.
TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43752
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:51:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:



I look at stats and a longer horizon than a few games. Most every QB to play at this level with a good team has good games..even past QB's on Baltimore had good games because the team around them is great.

Look at his own specific stats, just numbers he is responsible for..they are right there on that link.

To me the mark of an ELITE QB isnt if you win the Superbowl, its how you perform season in and out, good team or bad and what YOU do to elevate the team and where that player takes the team because of HIS skills..

To me Joe and Eli are quite similar..if the team around them is great and they are not required to carry the team based on their own and only on their own, they can perform just fine...but put either of those two on a team like Jax or AZ this year or Oakland and do you think they would carry those teams to the playoffs?

That is the sign of elite..not if you make it to the SB because of the teams abilities and strength.

Saying Joe is elite is premature and his career stats do not back up your theory..nor does he have any SB wins yet.


I cant have a discussion with you because you obviously dont know what you're talking about.

Name a few other qbs who took "bad teams" to the playoffs. You wont find any because this is a team sport. Of course you have to have great teammates around you to succeed, thats a given.

I'm not saying hes Montana, Favre or Elway.....but to not give him "respect" is simply asinine.
kjrpat PM kjrpat
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1848
 
kjrpat
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/21/2013 2:10:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:



I cant have a discussion with you because you obviously dont know what you're talking about.

Name a few other qbs who took "bad teams" to the playoffs. You wont find any because this is a team sport. Of course you have to have great teammates around you to succeed, thats a given.

I'm not saying hes Montana, Favre or Elway.....but to not give him "respect" is simply asinine.

Oh hes certainly not Favre. Doesnt throw enough INT to be him.
kjrpat PM kjrpat
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1848
 
kjrpat
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/21/2013 2:13:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Puff:

As a grown man, why do u care? He wins the SB, everyone will say he led them to title.  Flacco played great yesterday, but has to be more consistant throughout entire season. 

1 thing 
Balt got to realize, its Flacco's team, not a 38 yr old MLB, who just wants all the spotlight on himself.  

he doesnt want the spotlight though. its all about THE TEAM. thats how 10 pt underdogs win every week. TEAM
mrquija27 PM mrquija27
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 3068
 
mrquija27
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/21/2013 2:15:17 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:



I look at stats and a longer horizon than a few games. Most every QB to play at this level with a good team has good games..even past QB's on Baltimore had good games because the team around them is great.

Look at his own specific stats, just numbers he is responsible for..they are right there on that link.

To me the mark of an ELITE QB isnt if you win the Superbowl, its how you perform season in and out, good team or bad and what YOU do to elevate the team and where that player takes the team because of HIS skills..

To me Joe and Eli are quite similar..if the team around them is great and they are not required to carry the team based on their own and only on their own, they can perform just fine...but put either of those two on a team like Jax or AZ this year or Oakland and do you think they would carry those teams to the playoffs?

That is the sign of elite..not if you make it to the SB because of the teams abilities and strength.

Saying Joe is elite is premature and his career stats do not back up your theory..nor does he have any SB wins yet.

I guess thats why your bitter today about betting on the stat team in the Pats.

Like Train said, your clueless dude.  Just cause your a covers linesman whatever the hell that is, doesnt mean you good at this.  Your clearly not.  Stats define a QB??  Never mind no point youve already proven you dont understand the NFL. 

wallstreetcappers PM wallstreetcappers
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 51477
 
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Posted: 1/21/2013 2:30:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TRAIN69:



I cant have a discussion with you because you obviously dont know what you're talking about.

Name a few other qbs who took "bad teams" to the playoffs. You wont find any because this is a team sport. Of course you have to have great teammates around you to succeed, thats a given.

I'm not saying hes Montana, Favre or Elway.....but to not give him "respect" is simply asinine.


Seriously?

There are many QB's that took mediocre teams to the playoffs..Arizona with Warner is an easy example, Marino never had an elite team yet he took them to the playoffs. I also consider what Elway did BEFORE he won the SB to fit that same profile..the team was never great so they never won the SB but went to the playoffs many times.

I also love the "you must have bet on the Pats" bashing..I actually bet on Baltimore +8


TRAIN69 PM TRAIN69
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 43752
 
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 1/21/2013 2:48:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:



Seriously?

There are many QB's that took mediocre teams to the playoffs..Arizona with Warner is an easy example, Marino never had an elite team yet he took them to the playoffs. I also consider what Elway did BEFORE he won the SB to fit that same profile..the team was never great so they never won the SB but went to the playoffs many times.

I also love the "you must have bet on the Pats" bashing..I actually bet on Baltimore +8




So you named 3 HOF qbs. Warners team was actually very good...had the best receiver tandom in the league and a solid defense.

Still dont see how he cant get respect simply because he doesnt throw 80% completions and his team gets beat by other professional teams. Hes had some very stiff competition in the playoff sand hes played in one of if not the toughest division in the league his whole career. All the kid has done is win a lot more games than hes lost.

I understand you look at the game on paper and compare him to other, thats how your mind works. Let me ask you this, of the current qbs in the league, how many would you trade Flacco for? More than half? I highly doubt it. So by that alone he is "above average".

Who do you respect at qb in the NFL right now? Stafford? Schaub? Brady? Bradford? Vick? Cassell? Mccoy? Roethlisberger? Fitzpatrick? Gabbert? Manning and Brees are no brainers, but they are old. Sure Wilson and RG3 looked good their 1st year, but Joes been there, done that.....



Forum: NFL Betting Page 1 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.