Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: TOO MUCH is being made of the FATIGUE factor for the RAVENS
FSerpico send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
FSerpico
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1200
Location:
#51
Posted: 1/20/2013 8:59:51 PM
Fatigue looks to be slowing down balty 
quote
BigNiner send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BigNiner
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7160
Location: New York
#52
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:02:58 PM
probably not the best time to be talking about fatigue if you're looking to be smart buddy
quote
FSerpico send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
FSerpico
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1200
Location:
#53
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:10:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by BigNiner:

probably not the best time to be talking about fatigue if you're looking to be smart buddy

Oh really? Why's that? Didn't you say you would be shocked if balty kept this within 20? You and plenty of others thought I was nuts on the fatigue issue. My + 9 and ML is golden. darn fatigue in a title game.
quote
FSerpico send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
FSerpico
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1200
Location:
#54
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:12:14 PM
FCUK YEAH!!!!!
quote
FSerpico send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
FSerpico
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1200
Location:
#55
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:17:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mack05:

absolute nonsense Fserpico. Clearly you have never played sports at a HIGH level. the Ravens were completed gassed in the 4th quarter last week. If you can't see that then you are blind. They were gassed because of such an emotional effort the week before because if the history with the Colts as well as the altitude factor. 

I don't care how resilient you are there will come a time when you go back to the well one too many times that nothing is left. I Could give you NUMEROUS examples in sport where teams played back to back big games and then it eventually caught up with them. I've seen so many semi finals in sport where the underdog pulls off a huge upset only to come out flat in the final. It's so hard to get back up to that level a week or so later.

Sport at this level is played at an incredibly intensive level. There is a reason the NFL season is 20 or so weeks. It's because of the heavy demands of the game. For you to think fatigue will not be a factor in this game is VERY naive. You need more then 8 days to recover fully because of the physical, mental and emotional effort put into a game...

I'm not saying the Ravens can't cover but fatigue WILL be a factor, especially with an old team and the Ravens are an old team. Fatigue leads to drop passes, fumbles, bad coverage, dropped interceptions. I think it will be fatigue which causes the Ravens to lose this game more then anything else. I see a close first half and then then Pats pulling away 4th quarter....

When the game is over Sunday you will realise just how little you know about the dynamics of top class sports...




So much do you think I know about the dynamics of sports now? Jerk0ff..
quote
InVegas send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
InVegas
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 792
Location:
#56
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:22:41 PM
Patriots backers... ship has sunk (as previously mentioned)
quote
casheasy
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
casheasy
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 11450
Location: Nevada
#57
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:26:26 PM
Great points and good call Serpico
quote
theclaw
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
theclaw
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2730
Location:
#58
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:32:30 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by theclaw:

In the past 15 years 10 teams playing in the wild card round made the SB. Seems to be the trend these days.

One of those teams played the 5th longest games in history, 75:10 compared to the Ravens 76:42, and the 2003 Panthers would go on to defeat the no.1 seeded Eagles and cover the spread against................quess who.................these same Tom Brady led Pats in the SB.

There's one example of a team playing a long game doing well in the weeks to follow,  not sure of others thou.................................

Add the Ravens to the list, now 11 wild card round teams in 16 years.

 

quote
speak2truth send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
speak2truth
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2008
Location:
#59
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:35:03 PM
Shows how little these fools know about the game--each play only lasts about 7 seconds, so being "on the field" an extra 20 minutes is meaningless.  Most of the time is spent huddling, breaking the huddle, and getting up off the ground after the play is over.
quote
BigNiner send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BigNiner
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7160
Location: New York
#60
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:38:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by FSerpico:


Oh really? Why's that? Didn't you say you would be shocked if balty kept this within 20? You and plenty of others thought I was nuts on the fatigue issue. My + 9 and ML is golden. darn fatigue in a title game.

 

You nailed it buddy. Shocked, but you hit it head on. I was wrong

quote
LETGOPACK1234 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: GTbets.eu |
LETGOPACK1234
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9466
Location: Illinois
#61
Posted: 1/20/2013 9:41:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mack05:

absolute nonsense Fserpico. Clearly you have never played sports at a HIGH level. the Ravens were completed gassed in the 4th quarter last week. If you can't see that then you are blind. They were gassed because of such an emotional effort the week before because if the history with the Colts as well as the altitude factor. 

I don't care how resilient you are there will come a time when you go back to the well one too many times that nothing is left. I Could give you NUMEROUS examples in sport where teams played back to back big games and then it eventually caught up with them. I've seen so many semi finals in sport where the underdog pulls off a huge upset only to come out flat in the final. It's so hard to get back up to that level a week or so later.

Sport at this level is played at an incredibly intensive level. There is a reason the NFL season is 20 or so weeks. It's because of the heavy demands of the game. For you to think fatigue will not be a factor in this game is VERY naive. You need more then 8 days to recover fully because of the physical, mental and emotional effort put into a game...

I'm not saying the Ravens can't cover but fatigue WILL be a factor, especially with an old team and the Ravens are an old team. Fatigue leads to drop passes, fumbles, bad coverage, dropped interceptions. I think it will be fatigue which causes the Ravens to lose this game more then anything else. I see a close first half and then then Pats pulling away 4th quarter....

When the game is over Sunday you will realise just how little you know about the dynamics of top class sports...


'

 

These are professional athletes....

They get paid MILLIONS to train for exact reasons like this....

The fact people thought the Ravens would lose cause of fatigue is a reason people shouldnt bet on sports....

 

quote
WilliamMunny send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
WilliamMunny
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1926
Location: Maryland
#62
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:38:52 AM

where are the morons now ... you guys dont know squat about football or capping game lets see where is

 

MACK05  LOSERRRRR

BATOR..DONT KNOW SQUAT OBIVIOUSLY A NE HOMER

quote
WilliamMunny send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
WilliamMunny
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1926
Location: Maryland
#63
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:40:50 AM
WHERE ARE YA NOW BIGNINER OR MAYBE BIGLOSER YOU IDIOT..YOU DONT KNOW SQUAT ABOUT FOOTBALL NOT GO BACK AND FLIP MY BURGER I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE LOLOLOL
quote
BigNiner send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BigNiner
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7160
Location: New York
#64
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:54:43 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by WilliamMunny:

WHERE ARE YA NOW BIGNINER OR MAYBE BIGLOSER YOU IDIOT..YOU DONT KNOW SQUAT ABOUT FOOTBALL NOT GO BACK AND FLIP MY BURGER I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE LOLOLOL

 

Where am I?

 

I can't back after the game and said I was wrong. What else can I do?

 

You are still trying to learn to read a calendar

quote
BigNiner send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
BigNiner
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7160
Location: New York
#65
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:57:01 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by WilliamMunny:


Your an idiot 31-24 yeah that a blowout and it was jan 15 2010 lol

 

you figure out that calendar thingy yet?

quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.