Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: draft betting
duke8628 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
duke8628
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1208
Location: Ontario
#1
Posted: 4/12/2012 10:14:27 AM

Anyone know of any good betting sites for the NFL draft? 

I know on bodog you can bet on who each team will take when it's their pick- just curious about any other site that offers something similar.

quote
Maydaymalone send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Maydaymalone
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5999
Location: New York
#2
Posted: 4/12/2012 4:16:05 PM
I think you might have a gambling problem 
quote
DAnewguy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sportsbook.ag |
DAnewguy
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2572
Location: Massachusetts
#3
Posted: 4/12/2012 11:01:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Maydaymalone:

I think you might have a gambling problem 

same thing i was thinking...
quote
detroitlionsfan send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
detroitlionsfan
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 880
Location:
#4
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:21:27 AM

whats wrong with betting the draft

quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38011
Location: Minnesota
#5
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:44:41 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by detroitlionsfan:

whats wrong with betting the draft


Nothing as long as you don't bet it on bodog....or bovada as they are now called.  
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38011
Location: Minnesota
#6
Posted: 4/13/2012 12:49:09 PM
Just checked bovada out of curiosity....no lines up yet for the draft.  

Shocking.  
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38011
Location: Minnesota
#7
Posted: 4/13/2012 1:06:34 PM
Then again, a LOT can happen in the 2 weeks leading up to the draft. I'm guessing most books are gonna be cautious.
quote
EddieGordo send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
EddieGordo
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 969
Location:
#8
Posted: 4/13/2012 6:18:04 PM
Sportsbook.com/Hollywood always has props up.  I have made a nice chunk off them in the past few years.  Honestly if they didn't cap them @ $500 per I would make a killing.  Last year I hit 7 out of 8 bets, all maxed out, and in past years I have hit around 80%.

Basically I'm a huge Kiper/Draft nerd so I'm always reading about this garbage and they always have super exploitable props that you can get a huge edge on if you study the draftnik reports a lot.

Great example from 3 years ago....

There was a prop:  "Will John Parker Wilson go rounds 1 or 2" and "No" was -150 when it opened.  Needless to say for anyone who knows this stuff, Parker Wilson was pretty much a lock to go undrafted or maybe 7th round, so No @ -150 was a stone cold gift.  Banged it for the max, and a few days later it was @-500 lol.

I will be posting props as I hit them in a separate thread, but there aren't any up yet that I'm sold on.  Maybe "Will Luck-RG3-Kalil go 1-2-3" ...."No" is +300 and seems like Vikes might not be sold on Kalil 3.  All the good info comes out next few weeks though, so we'll see....

Point being, the NFL draft is GREAT to bet and make money on. 
quote
detroitlionsfan send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
detroitlionsfan
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 880
Location:
#9
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:28:06 PM

luck and rg3 are set in stone. even at high odds id take them individually. i dont know about the 3 pick, keep in mind vikings are very unpredictable in the draft. i mean whoh ad them taking ponder last year

^ that prob is basicallt will vikings draft kalil yes -500 no +300

quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6900
Location: Wisconsin
#10
Posted: 4/15/2012 12:25:43 AM
one of my biggest bets i ever won was ryan mallett not being selected in the first round

as always, there is money to made on betting if you follow it and know what the hell you are talking about.  then again, the draft is highly unpredictable at certain points as well, with teams reaching like crazy so you have to be careful.
quote
Absolutxedge22 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Absolutxedge22
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 13056
Location: Michigan
#11
Posted: 4/15/2012 3:03:54 AM
And you could be screwed if a trade occurs.
quote
detroitlionsfan send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
detroitlionsfan
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 880
Location:
#12
Posted: 4/15/2012 12:27:31 PM

i wonder what new props will be offered this year.

quote
detroitlionsfan send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
detroitlionsfan
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 880
Location:
#13
Posted: 4/16/2012 10:09:08 PM
were are all the props?
quote
HutchEmAll send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
HutchEmAll
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 38011
Location: Minnesota
#14
Posted: 4/17/2012 10:50:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by detroitlionsfan:

luck and rg3 are set in stone. even at high odds id take them individually. i dont know about the 3 pick, keep in mind vikings are very unpredictable in the draft. i mean whoh ad them taking ponder last year

^ that prob is basicallt will vikings draft kalil yes -500 no +300


I will be shocked if MN does NOT take Kalil.  He's the best player at a huge position of need.  Only thing they will entertain is maybe trading with Miami and then taking the Iowa tackle at 8.  But they would need Miami's first rounder next year and their second rounder this year, I bet.  And would Miami give that up for Tannehill?  I just don't see it.  

I like -500 for the Luck, RG3, Kalil gig 1, 2, and 3. 
quote
Peraski send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Peraski
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 300
Location:
#15
Posted: 4/17/2012 9:43:03 PM
Kendall wright o(-160)/u(+) 21.5 (tho its pretty juiced, take over- he's going 2nd rd).... who will be drafted first: coples (+110)/ kuechly (-145)- kuechly is the pick
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
detroitlionsfan send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
detroitlionsfan
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 880
Location:
#16
Posted: 4/18/2012 12:43:21 AM
micheal floyd over 13.5
quote
cave0707 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cave0707
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1230
Location: United States
#17
Posted: 4/18/2012 3:11:19 PM
Got burned on Tebow going in the first round.  I mean 26th overall pick was it?!  C'mon man!!! 
quote
duke8628 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
duke8628
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1208
Location: Ontario
#18
Posted: 4/19/2012 10:42:25 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DAnewguy:


same thing i was thinking...

Not sure why you'd even bother to comment.

 

Thanks to everyone else.

quote
duke8628 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
duke8628
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1208
Location: Ontario
#19
Posted: 4/19/2012 10:46:28 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by EddieGordo:

Sportsbook.com/Hollywood always has props up.  I have made a nice chunk off them in the past few years.  Honestly if they didn't cap them @ $500 per I would make a killing.  Last year I hit 7 out of 8 bets, all maxed out, and in past years I have hit around 80%.

Basically I'm a huge Kiper/Draft nerd so I'm always reading about this garbage and they always have super exploitable props that you can get a huge edge on if you study the draftnik reports a lot.

Great example from 3 years ago....

There was a prop:  "Will John Parker Wilson go rounds 1 or 2" and "No" was -150 when it opened.  Needless to say for anyone who knows this stuff, Parker Wilson was pretty much a lock to go undrafted or maybe 7th round, so No @ -150 was a stone cold gift.  Banged it for the max, and a few days later it was @-500 lol.

I will be posting props as I hit them in a separate thread, but there aren't any up yet that I'm sold on.  Maybe "Will Luck-RG3-Kalil go 1-2-3" ...."No" is +300 and seems like Vikes might not be sold on Kalil 3.  All the good info comes out next few weeks though, so we'll see....

Point being, the NFL draft is GREAT to bet and make money on. 

 

awesome Eddie, I might tail you when it comes close.

quote
samuelsosa send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
samuelsosa
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 10733
Location: United States
#20
Posted: 4/20/2012 3:35:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


I will be shocked if MN does NOT take Kalil.  He's the best player at a huge position of need.  Only thing they will entertain is maybe trading with Miami and then taking the Iowa tackle at 8.  But they would need Miami's first rounder next year and their second rounder this year, I bet.  And would Miami give that up for Tannehill?  I just don't see it.  

I like -500 for the Luck, RG3, Kalil gig 1, 2, and 3. 
 That is a much safer -500 than Jon Bones Jones. That 1,2,3, is almost set in stone.
quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.