Messages

Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 2 of 8 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
Author: [NFL Betting] Topic: I miss Peyton Manning!!!
4everyoung send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
4everyoung
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Location:
#26
Posted: 12/29/2011 4:57:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AnthonyStarks:


Listen buddy Im sorry wasn't trying to be rude in my last post as I do respect YOUR opinion. But as far as the 2 minute drill and the most 4th quarter comebacks, maybe youve been misinformed because it's not even close. Peyton is the most clutch ever, hands down.
By far the dumbest and most ridiculous statement I have ever read concerning Manning. Home playoff game against the Chargers,Manning with the ball twice,could not lead his team down the field to win,Home playoff game against the Steelers,same story after a Jerome Bettis gift,Superbowl against the Saints. Home playoff game against the Jets. Ahh darn it,here is a link to more,read and then come back an retract your silly staement


http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_261_Brady_vs._Manning:_Complete_&_Unabridged,_Vol._II.html
quote
4everyoung send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
4everyoung
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Location:
#27
Posted: 12/29/2011 4:57:49 PM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_261_Brady_vs._Manning:_Complete_&_Unabridged,_Vol._II.html
quote
4everyoung send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
4everyoung
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Location:
#28
Posted: 12/29/2011 5:00:21 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SteelCash:

Like I said... he's a choke artist.
Sorry,I missed your post where you laid it all out,I posted a link. I got so heated after reading that Manning is the best in the 4th qtr and 2 minute drill that I didn't even read the rest of the thread. Manning is not even in the same category as Brady, Rodgers will be in a few more years but I can't put him there yet.
quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 5041
Location: Ohio
#29
Posted: 12/29/2011 5:08:49 PM
The above post just tells you how bad he is in the postseason year in and year out.  This is the very reason I just don't respect him as much as some.  And I sure don't miss him.
quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 5041
Location: Ohio
#30
Posted: 12/29/2011 5:16:14 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by 4everyoung:

Sorry,I missed your post where you laid it all out,I posted a link. I got so heated after reading that Manning is the best in the 4th qtr and 2 minute drill that I didn't even read the rest of the thread. Manning is not even in the same category as Brady, Rodgers will be in a few more years but I can't put him there yet.

Good link you posted.  Fact is, based on history, Manning is one of the last QB's I would select if I needed to win a playoff game in the 4th quarter.  I know he's good, and a certain HOFer, but he just can't get it done when all the chips are on the line.  He's proven this on numerous occasions but some people just don't ever take the time to do research. 

quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 5041
Location: Ohio
#31
Posted: 12/29/2011 5:21:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AnthonyStarks:


Listen buddy Im sorry wasn't trying to be rude in my last post as I do respect YOUR opinion. But as far as the 2 minute drill and the most 4th quarter comebacks, maybe youve been misinformed because it's not even close. Peyton is the most clutch ever, hands down.

No worries dude.  Still disagree though.

quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 5041
Location: Ohio
#32
Posted: 12/29/2011 6:00:00 PM
It's amazing because he is one of the best ever.  No doubt about it.  Just don't count on him when all the money is on the line.  He just can't get it done.  Time and time again he has failed.  Pressure... some people can handle it... some can't.
quote
TA63 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TA63
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 192
Location: South Dakota
#33
Posted: 12/29/2011 7:02:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mako77:

 

Then you need to do more reading. NFL Magazine even wrote an article about it naming Peyton MVP. Feel free to disagree, but to say that the notion is stupid is ignorant on your part.

Lol, you have to play to be the MVP.  Frankly, I think the Colts would be a .500 team with manning. 

quote
cropduster send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
cropduster
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3850
Location:
#34
Posted: 12/29/2011 7:14:21 PM
Not everyone can be like Brett Farve!
quote
4everyoung send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
4everyoung
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Location:
#35
Posted: 12/29/2011 7:33:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by cropduster:

Not everyone can be like Brett Farve!
Speaking of overrated
quote
Mako77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
Mako77
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 149
Location: New Zealand
#36
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:02:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TA63:

Lol, you have to play to be the MVP.  Frankly, I think the Colts would be a .500 team with manning. 

 

I realize that you have to play, but in the spirit of the award, which exemplifies the player that is most valuable to his team, it's arguable that Manning is just that.

They went 12-4, 13-3, 12-4, 14-2, and 10-6 in the 5 years previous to this one (with Manning at QB) - not sure why you think that they would all of a sudden be a .500 team after going 61-19 in the last 5 years.

quote
TA63 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
TA63
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 192
Location: South Dakota
#37
Posted: 12/29/2011 8:40:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mako77:

 

I realize that you have to play, but in the spirit of the award, which exemplifies the player that is most valuable to his team, it's arguable that Manning is just that.

They went 12-4, 13-3, 12-4, 14-2, and 10-6 in the 5 years previous to this one (with Manning at QB) - not sure why you think that they would all of a sudden be a .500 team after going 61-19 in the last 5 years.

Maybe Im way off base.  I know he will go down as one of the best but it doesn't seem like he has much left there to work with.  Even Manning can't do it alone. 

quote
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2920
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#38
Posted: 12/29/2011 10:24:38 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SteelCash:

     No offense but I don't miss him at all.  I think he would have a good year more than likely, but the same scenario would have played out:  Brady, Brees, and Rodgers have a better year, but Manning walks away with the MVP because his name is Manning.  And then he's named first team All-Pro in front of all of them, and he gets the start in the Pro-Bowl, also undeserved.  And then he loses in the first round of the playoffs because of the three pics he throws.
...every year Peyton has won the MVP he has earned it.
quote
warcameagle56
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
warcameagle56
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2920
Location: Netherlands
              Antilles
#39
Posted: 12/29/2011 10:25:46 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 4everyoung:

Sorry,I missed your post where you laid it all out,I posted a link. I got so heated after reading that Manning is the best in the 4th qtr and 2 minute drill that I didn't even read the rest of the thread. Manning is not even in the same category as Brady, Rodgers will be in a few more years but I can't put him there yet.
......he is BETTER THAN BRADY.
quote
4everyoung send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
4everyoung
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Location:
#40
Posted: 12/29/2011 10:41:29 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

......he is BETTER THAN BRADY.
Watch football much?
quote
Mako77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
Mako77
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 149
Location: New Zealand
#41
Posted: 12/29/2011 11:06:09 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by 4everyoung:

Watch football much?

It's arguable which QB is better, but two rolling laughing emoticons and insinuating that someone doesn't watch football because they think Manning is the better QB is pretty stupid.

I think that Manning is better and I watch a ton of football. I don't think he's leaps and bounds above Brady, but think he's a better field general and hasn't had the benefit of a great offensive line and solid defense like Brady has had in the years that he led his team deep into the playoffs.

Not posting this to argue that Manning is better, merely to point out that laughing at someone with that opinion as if you have more football knowledge is ignorant.

quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 5041
Location: Ohio
#42
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:17:40 AM

...and hasn't had the benefit of a great offensive line and solid defense like Brady has had in the years that he led his team deep into the playoffs.

Manning has had offensive weapons in the past years that most QB's will only dream of.  Edgerrin James was a beast.  In 1999 he ran for 1,553 yards, caught 62 passes, and scored 17 TD's.  in 2000 he ran for 1,709 yards and caught 63 passes and scored 18 TD's.  From 2003 to 2005 he racked up 33 rushing TD's and averaged 1,438 yards rushing per year.  Between '99 and 2006 he averaged 49 receptions a year.

Reggie Wayne's receptions totals between 2003 and 2010 are 68, 77, 83, 86, 104, 82, 100, and 111.  He averaged 1,264 receiving yards between 2004 and 2010. 

Marvin Harrison starting with 1999:  115, 102, 109, 143, 94, 86, 82, and 95 in 2006.  In 1999 he had 1,663 receiving yards.  In 2000 he had 1,413.  2001:  1,524.  2002:  1,722.  For the next four years he averaged 1,224 yards.  He averaged nearly 13 TD's a year between 1999 and 2006.   

Then you throw in Dallas Clark.  You get the picture.  One might say that all these players benefited from Peyton Manning, how good he was, and how they threw so much.  But you can't deny that while he often didn't have a great defense, he had possibly the best weapons around him that a QB has EVER had. 

If he was a better QB in pressure situations, he would have won multiple Super Bowls.  Montana would have.  Aikman would have.  Many would have.  But Peyton couldn't do it.  He's won one, and considering that he threw 7 interceptions to 3 TD's in that playoff run, it's amazing he was able to win that one.

quote
AnthonyStarks send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AnthonyStarks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2788
Location: New Jersey
#43
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:39:43 AM
wow is all I can say this site is ridiculous
quote
evilelvis send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
evilelvis
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 2852
Location: California
#44
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:40:52 AM

Regardless...P. Manning is in the top ten of all QBs to play ever play the position.

Anf I think he is gonna win at least two more rings as a NFL head coach if he wants to do that.

quote
AnthonyStarks send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AnthonyStarks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2788
Location: New Jersey
#45
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:41:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 4everyoung:

Sorry,I missed your post where you laid it all out,I posted a link. I got so heated after reading that Manning is the best in the 4th qtr and 2 minute drill that I didn't even read the rest of the thread. Manning is not even in the same category as Brady, Rodgers will be in a few more years but I can't put him there yet.

Listen you person. I don't know where you think your getting this info from but to even say you got heated? wow, just wow lol.
quote
Mako77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
Mako77
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 149
Location: New Zealand
#46
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:42:05 AM

Why do you think James had as many rushing yards as he did? Maybe because they were worried about the pass and in nickel and dime formations? His reception stats only back up the fact that Manning made him productive from the backfield.

You're going to tell me that Brady didn't have good skill players around him? Really?

I like how you list the stats of the players surrounding Manning but not Brady - as if he didn't have any good RB's or recievers when he racked up stats - please

They're both great at their position - can argue until you're blue in the face with meaningless stats that one is better than the other...bottom line is that someone that has an opinion about which is better is not ignorant to football - it's the people that label them ignorant that need to get a clue.

quote
AnthonyStarks send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
AnthonyStarks
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 2788
Location: New Jersey
#47
Posted: 12/30/2011 12:52:21 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SteelCash:

...and hasn't had the benefit of a great offensive line and solid defense like Brady has had in the years that he led his team deep into the playoffs.

Manning has had offensive weapons in the past years that most QB's will only dream of.  Edgerrin James was a beast.  In 1999 he ran for 1,553 yards, caught 62 passes, and scored 17 TD's.  in 2000 he ran for 1,709 yards and caught 63 passes and scored 18 TD's.  From 2003 to 2005 he racked up 33 rushing TD's and averaged 1,438 yards rushing per year.  Between '99 and 2006 he averaged 49 receptions a year.

Reggie Wayne's receptions totals between 2003 and 2010 are 68, 77, 83, 86, 104, 82, 100, and 111.  He averaged 1,264 receiving yards between 2004 and 2010. 

Marvin Harrison starting with 1999:  115, 102, 109, 143, 94, 86, 82, and 95 in 2006.  In 1999 he had 1,663 receiving yards.  In 2000 he had 1,413.  2001:  1,524.  2002:  1,722.  For the next four years he averaged 1,224 yards.  He averaged nearly 13 TD's a year between 1999 and 2006.   

Then you throw in Dallas Clark.  You get the picture.  One might say that all these players benefited from Peyton Manning, how good he was, and how they threw so much.  But you can't deny that while he often didn't have a great defense, he had possibly the best weapons around him that a QB has EVER had. 

If he was a better QB in pressure situations, he would have won multiple Super Bowls.  Montana would have.  Aikman would have.  Many would have.  But Peyton couldn't do it.  He's won one, and considering that he threw 7 interceptions to 3 TD's in that playoff run, it's amazing he was able to win that one.


Man get out of my thread your hate is clouding your thinking process. You are wrong, I don't know how else to put it.
quote
4everyoung send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
4everyoung
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Location:
#48
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:29:40 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AnthonyStarks:


Listen you person. I don't know where you think your getting this info from but to even say you got heated? wow, just wow lol.
Now I am a person because you are clueless about football. You made the ridiculous statement that Manning is the best 4th qtr and 2 minute qb and the most clutch ever. You are a complete friggin idiot.Want a list of a few that are better in those situations? Montana,Young,Elway,Marino,Brady,, Should I go on fool?
quote
remdaddy21
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
remdaddy21
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1275
Location: Kentucky
#49
Posted: 12/30/2011 5:29:08 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by 4everyoung:

Now I am a person because you are clueless about football. You made the ridiculous statement that Manning is the best 4th qtr and 2 minute qb and the most clutch ever. You are a complete friggin idiot.Want a list of a few that are better in those situations? Montana,Young,Elway,Marino,Brady,, Should I go on fool?

 

This guy (Starks) thinks the site is ridiculous because someone disagrees with him and then calls you a person when you bring up cold hard facts. Wow, is all I can say about your opinion and your approach to it. I love the fact that some people are finally calling Manning out for his lack of killer instinct. Regular season champion, he is the man, but when it counts he folds like a table. I have been saying this for years and I personally think his brother is almost as, if not just as, good as Peyton, They both have a Superbowl ring, only Peyton got his against a Bears team that was decent and Eli got his against an undefeated New England team with Brady who is better than both. A much harder victory IMO. Peyton is good, but he reminds me of the Bills of the early 90's he just doesn't have what it takes to be a champion.

quote
SteelCash send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
SteelCash
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 5041
Location: Ohio
#50
Posted: 12/30/2011 3:46:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by AnthonyStarks:


Man get out of my thread your hate is clouding your thinking process. You are wrong, I don't know how else to put it.

Alright.  I'm out.  Have a happy new year.

quote
Forum Index : NFL Betting : Messages Page 2 of 8 «  1 2 3 4 5   »
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.