Posted: 4/29/2012 9:33:30 AM
Some stats pointing to the Philly Over -
- Brodeur no longer is free from sucking balls on a regular basis. His name alone buys us Over backers some bonus line room. And I trust Bryz to be consistent like I trust Neo-Nazis to occasional love person. Bryz is off a 1-goal effort.
- Over the last 2 seasons, NJY playing @Philly (when they haven't played there in the 2nd game of a home-&-home series) has scored 3, 3, 3 & 6 goals in regulation (the 2 times they played there straight off having played Philly @NJY, they scored 1 & 0 goals).
- NJY's games these playoffs, when both teams have scored at least 1 goal, have totaled 5, 6, 7, 5 & 5 goals (& that's facing Florida's offense: Fla scored 61 goals less than Philly during the reg. season). I don't see either team getting shutout here.
- Philly's non-elimination games these playoffs have totaled 7, 13, 12 & 13 goals. Naturally, Game 1 is a non-elimination game.
- In Philly's last 22 playoff games in which the loser wasn't shutout, 18 have totaled at least 6 goals in regulation (a 81.8% rate).
- In Philly's last 12 home playoff games in which the loser wasn't shutout, 11 have totaled at least 6 goals in regulation (a 92.3% rate).
Odds are pretty damn strong at least 1 of Philly's 1st 2 home games pays out Over backers.