Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages
Author: [Politics] Topic: House Approves Legalization Of Medical Marijuana in CT
Stiln send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Stiln
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6410
Location: Maryland
#1
Posted: 4/26/2012 10:39:08 PM




http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-house-medical-marijuana-0426-2-20120425,0,6285465.story
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 50063
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 4/26/2012 11:20:46 PM
I'm sure the number of Covers members who live in CT and have legit, legal medical need has to be in the thousands.

quote
spearing24 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: betED.com |
spearing24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1066
Location:
#3
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:23:00 AM


Welcome to the 21st century CT!
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7923
Location: Canada
#4
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:42:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

I'm sure the number of Covers members who live in CT and have legit, legal medical need has to be in the thousands.


I'm curious Mr. WSC, with all due respect, if there was only one person suffering, would that be enough in itself? Or does there have to be a certain number of people suffering and in need of natural medicine before we deem it necessary to allow them access to this medically approved treatment? 

If even one person lives through less pain because of this policy, would that not be worth it? What if somebody has cancer and chemical treatments make them sick and have severe side effects and consequences, but medical marijuana relieves their pain and suffering (as it has been proven to do). Would it not make sense to legalize MM even if it was just for one person, never mind 10, 50, 100, 1000 or more?

I'm being serious. 
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7923
Location: Canada
#5
Posted: 4/27/2012 11:45:11 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


I'm curious Mr. WSC, with all due respect, if there was only one person suffering, would that be enough in itself? Or does there have to be a certain number of people suffering and in need of natural medicine before we deem it necessary to allow them access to this medically approved treatment? 

If even one person lives through less pain because of this policy, would that not be worth it? What if somebody has cancer and chemical treatments make them sick and have severe side effects and consequences, but medical marijuana relieves their pain and suffering (as it has been proven to do). Would it not make sense to legalize MM even if it was just for one person, never mind 10, 50, 100, 1000 or more?

I'm being serious. 

Never mind... 

"Covers members in CT" 

I must have missed that. 
quote
lordspoint send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
lordspoint
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 13066
Location: Connecticut
#6
Posted: 4/27/2012 12:46:03 PM
just legalize it, regulate it like booze and get it over with
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 24024
Location: United States
#7
Posted: 4/27/2012 7:55:48 PM
lords...  Why is it that neither Dems or GOPs want to do that?

On some issues it really is like there is no practical difference between the two... 
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14428
Location:
#8
Posted: 4/27/2012 8:16:53 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:


I'm curious Mr. WSC, with all due respect, if there was only one person suffering, would that be enough in itself? Or does there have to be a certain number of people suffering and in need of natural medicine before we deem it necessary to allow them access to this medically approved treatment? 

If even one person lives through less pain because of this policy, would that not be worth it? What if somebody has cancer and chemical treatments make them sick and have severe side effects and consequences, but medical marijuana relieves their pain and suffering (as it has been proven to do). Would it not make sense to legalize MM even if it was just for one person, never mind 10, 50, 100, 1000 or more?

I'm being serious. 

It is kind of funny how you are a proponent of legalizing marijuana, and see it as an individual's choice, while you loathe the powers that be that take away this simple right, while on the other hand you preach gun bans and turn to the nanny state to protect us from gun violence. 

When you give power to Govt, you will never get it back without a fight.  

BaleeDat.  
quote
Stiln send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Stiln
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6410
Location: Maryland
#9
Posted: 4/30/2012 2:03:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:


It is kind of funny how you are a proponent of legalizing marijuana, and see it as an individual's choice, while you loathe the powers that be that take away this simple right, while on the other hand you preach gun bans and turn to the nanny state to protect us from gun violence. 

When you give power to Govt, you will never get it back without a fight.  

BaleeDat.  


I don't support the legalization of marijuana. I do support the complete decriminalization of marijuana and subsidization of rehab facilities going back to the nixon era..
quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#10
Posted: 4/30/2012 7:27:26 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:


It is kind of funny how you are a proponent of legalizing marijuana, and see it as an individual's choice, while you loathe the powers that be that take away this simple right, while on the other hand you preach gun bans and turn to the nanny state to protect us from gun violence. 

When you give power to Govt, you will never get it back without a fight.  

BaleeDat.  
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#11
Posted: 4/30/2012 10:19:48 AM
Another pot thread

I do my best to avoid these, but couldn't resist temptation. I don't have anything to offer of substance to the discussion, but i will make sure to take a jab at all of those that could/do benefit from MMJ in this country, but are made to suffer because of these just laws, and remind you stupid stoners that nobody needs MMJ, surely pharmacists and scientists can use chemicals and other dangerous substances, to produce the same result as this natural plant
quote
spearing24 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: betED.com |
spearing24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1066
Location:
#12
Posted: 4/30/2012 11:21:46 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by be easy:

Another pot thread

I do my best to avoid these, but couldn't resist temptation. I don't have anything to offer of substance to the discussion, but i will make sure to take a jab at all of those that could/do benefit from MMJ in this country, but are made to suffer because of these just laws, and remind you stupid stoners that nobody needs MMJ, surely pharmacists and scientists can use chemicals and other dangerous substances, to produce the same result as this natural plant



quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#13
Posted: 4/30/2012 6:24:22 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by be easy:

Another pot thread

I do my best to avoid these, but couldn't resist temptation. I don't have anything to offer of substance to the discussion, but i will make sure to take a jab at all of those that could/do benefit from MMJ in this country, but are made to suffer because of these just laws, and remind you stupid stoners that nobody needs MMJ, surely pharmacists and scientists can use chemicals and other dangerous substances, to produce the same result as this natural plant
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 50063
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:02:22 PM
Nice one BE, right on cue as well.

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#15
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:10:38 PM
i dont get it


quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 50063
Location: United States
#16
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:19:18 PM
Sure you do..

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#17
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:30:37 PM
the hell i do

by it, i meant, i don't get how someone like yourself, can hold the position you claim to hold on this topic. maybe it's all a rib, for a while now, i've hoped that's what it is. but with all the information available in the year 2012, how any American can hold the belief that marijuana prohibition is a concept that our federal government should pursue, (or that it could ever even possibly "work"),blows my mind.

worse still, you find the need to interject your presence every time the topic is brought up here at covers. never once have i seen you present an argument as to why prohibition works and why it should be pursued (you've actually stated you would like to see more resources thrown down the rathole)



Sure you do..



enlighten me

quote
Stiln send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Stiln
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6410
Location: Maryland
#18
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:47:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by be easy:

Another pot thread

I do my best to avoid these, but couldn't resist temptation. I don't have anything to offer of substance to the discussion, but i will make sure to take a jab at all of those that could/do benefit from MMJ in this country, but are made to suffer because of these just laws, and remind you stupid stoners that nobody needs MMJ, surely pharmacists and scientists can use chemicals and other dangerous substances, to produce the same result as this natural plant


Who the darn are you talking to though?
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#19
Posted: 4/30/2012 8:59:27 PM
i was talking, to God
quote
wallstreetcappers send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
wallstreetcappers
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 50063
Location: United States
#20
Posted: 4/30/2012 10:43:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by be easy:

i was talking, to God

Yeah that wasnt extremely transparent.

At least I took issue with the topic, not the person.

quote
glenndef62 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#21
Posted: 5/1/2012 9:04:39 AM

What would be the adverse consequences of legalizing it nation wide?

 

Doing so would certainly cripple the savagery of the Mexican drug cartels, no?

quote
spearing24 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: betED.com |
spearing24
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1066
Location:
#22
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:32:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

What would be the adverse consequences of legalizing it nation wide?

 

Doing so would certainly cripple the savagery of the Mexican drug cartels, no?



The prison industrial complex would come crashing down.  Thousands of employees that are employed by the private prisons would lose their jobs. 

The pharmaceutical companies would lose billions. 

Hospitals would lose billions because the overall health of Americans would be increased 5 fold and wouldn't require a lot of the services they need to go to a hospital for today.


quote
slikstiks99 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
slikstiks99
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5750
Location: Zambia
#23
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:43:45 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by spearing24:



The prison industrial complex would come crashing down.  Thousands of employees that are employed by the private prisons would lose their jobs. 

The pharmaceutical companies would lose billions. 

Hospitals would lose billions because the overall health of Americans would be increased 5 fold and wouldn't require a lot of the services they need to go to a hospital for today.


I know.

All those high school drop outs would be forced to do something productive for society. They'd have to work for an industry that actually produces something. It is a scary thought.

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.