Nate diaz +252 is insane

Forum: Mixed Martial Arts
Author: [Mixed Martial Arts] Topic: Nate diaz +252 is insane
gsprush PM gsprush
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2281
 
gsprush
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:39:51 PM
His biggest weakness is against a good top position grappler, which Cerrone isn't (even if his wrestling is much improved). He's had close decision losses to Maynard and Guida (I thought he beat Maynard, but would have to watch it again). You could argue - and I am right now - that Cerrone hasn't beaten anybody as good as Diaz.

Anybody else jump on this? I know it opened higher, but I wasn't able to get it.
sawman PM sawman
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 5100
 
sawman
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:48:57 PM

rush, you da man, and I've been a sack o hammers lately, but the new cerrone is better than the old cerrone, who was still pretty good.

I didn't think I'd see Siver get dropped like he did. I like The Cowboy to win this one.

I'm hopin Bendo gets the belt so we can see Bendo/Cowboy 3 next year

however, I do agree the +250 is pretty tasty

jonnyg4508 PM jonnyg4508
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
 
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:49:48 PM
Agreed.  Nate at that price is insane. 
gsprush PM gsprush
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2281
 
gsprush
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/18/2011 7:52:38 PM
The only reason I'm not putting more than a unit down is that Diaz +3.5 points will be approximately -110 when that prop comes out during fight week. So he could lose 29-28 x3 and the bet would still win. I see either guy winning a close fight.
biggiantkiller PM biggiantkiller
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 10836
 
biggiantkiller
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 11/18/2011 8:14:38 PM
all over nate diaz in this fight odds are to good
twodeuce PM twodeuce
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 117
 
twodeuce
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 11/18/2011 8:57:06 PM
yep the right bet is nate diaz, 1 reason, the value vegas is offering...

even if your a cerrone fan, if you bet cerrone your a sqaure.

nate has A REAL JAW .. he will play the boxing game with cerrone..


LONG-TU PM LONG-TU
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5859
 
LONG-TU
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/19/2011 10:48:55 AM
Save me a seat boys I agree this line is ridiculous .
JD232 PM JD232
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5332
 
JD232
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/19/2011 12:55:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by twodeuce:

 

even if your a cerrone fan, if you bet cerrone your a sqaure.


Not if the line drops significantly 
sharpstick PM sharpstick
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8523
 
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/19/2011 1:09:47 PM
How exactly is Nate going to win this fight?

I think you are misunderstanding value by just associating a high price on Nate because he is a good fighter, therefore thinking it is value.

Is there a worse matchup in the UFC LW division for Nate?
MoneyShot PM MoneyShot
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 18450
 
MoneyShot
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 11/19/2011 1:17:59 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by gsprush:

His biggest weakness is against a good top position grappler, which Cerrone isn't (even if his wrestling is much improved). He's had close decision losses to Maynard and Guida (I thought he beat Maynard, but would have to watch it again). You could argue - and I am right now - that Cerrone hasn't beaten anybody as good as Diaz.

Anybody else jump on this? I know it opened higher, but I wasn't able to get it.

i agree with you.. diaz can for sure win this fight..

MoneyShot PM MoneyShot
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 18450
 
MoneyShot
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 11/19/2011 1:19:04 PM
im not betting it though cause i have enough $ on this ufc and because i like cerrone and hate diaz lol.
gsprush PM gsprush
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2281
 
gsprush
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 11/19/2011 2:05:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sharpstick:

How exactly is Nate going to win this fight?

I think you are misunderstanding value by just associating a high price on Nate because he is a good fighter, therefore thinking it is value.

Is there a worse matchup in the UFC LW division for Nate?


Paul Kelly was landing on Cerrone. That dude is half the size of Diaz. Diaz can box.
sharpstick PM sharpstick
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8523
 
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/19/2011 2:18:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gsprush:



Paul Kelly was landing on Cerrone. That dude is half the size of Diaz. Diaz can box.

Are you suggesting Diaz is going to win by T/KO?

I don't recall the fight with Kelly blow for blow.... but I do remember Cerrone winning the first round, creating a nasty cut on Kelly, and submitting Kelly in the 2nd.

Hopefully that isn't the basis of how he is going to lose to Diaz.

LONG-TU PM LONG-TU
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5859
 
LONG-TU
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 11/19/2011 2:56:06 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sharpstick:

How exactly is Nate going to win this fight?

I think you are misunderstanding value by just associating a high price on Nate because he is a good fighter, therefore thinking it is value.

Is there a worse matchup in the UFC LW division for Nate?

uh by pounding his fists in Cerrone face lol

Forum: Mixed Martial Arts
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.