Messages

Forum Index : Other : Messages Page 10 of 10 «  6 7 8 9 10  
Author: [Other] Topic: Australian Cricket Summer
xcrap send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
xcrap
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3155
Location: Australia
#226
Posted: 2/1/2011 7:12:21 AM

quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#227
Posted: 2/1/2011 8:30:59 PM
Redbacks SP same as what I got before the start of the prelim final, in hindsight it was a pretty stupid thing to do

Letting it ride, still think they will be too string for the Blues.
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#228
Posted: 2/1/2011 9:00:16 PM
Onto today's ODI too many variables - it's stinking hot at the moment in Sydney and there is forecast for a late change and possible showers in the evening.

Might play the runs depending on what we get
quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26859
Location: Australia
#229
Posted: 2/2/2011 2:28:18 AM

Rod, IMO, the blues batting as a whoe has done JACK garbage.......Every team in the comp has exploded once except for NSW.....

They are due

quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#230
Posted: 2/3/2011 6:18:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

Rod, IMO, the blues batting as a whoe has done JACK garbage.......Every team in the comp has exploded once except for NSW.....

They are due



No Khawaja this Saturday
quote
ecoute send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ecoute
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 7077
Location: Australia
#231
Posted: 2/3/2011 7:12:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rod_steel:



No Khawaja this Saturday


Hopefully Phil Hughes can come in and play like he did with Jacques a couple of years ago
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#232
Posted: 2/3/2011 8:53:34 PM
Final ODI

New Zealand over Pakistan @ 1.85 (3)



quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#233
Posted: 2/5/2011 2:19:56 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ecoute:



Hopefully Phil Hughes can come in and play like he did with Jacques a couple of years ago


Forrest takes Khawaja's place, Hughes still on the outer
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#234
Posted: 2/5/2011 7:49:58 AM
Redbacks to win the Big Bash =

New Zealand =

2-0 +6.7


YTD 51-34-1 +58.06
quote
Ace77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ace77
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 30912
Location: United States
#235
Posted: 2/5/2011 7:50:58 AM
Clinic
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#236
Posted: 2/5/2011 7:58:19 AM
Final ODI of the Aussie summer, last thing the Pommies want to do is play another meaningless game. Australia could field an A team and still wipe the floor with these mugs (whoever is still left and not injured)

Australia over England @ 1.85 (5)



quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#237
Posted: 2/6/2011 6:41:07 AM
West Indies to win series =

Australia =

1-1 +3.25 

Final YTD 52-35-1 +61.31


That's it for me this summer
quote
ecoute send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ecoute
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 7077
Location: Australia
#238
Posted: 2/6/2011 5:17:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rod_steel:

Final ODI of the Aussie summer, last thing the Pommies want to do is play another meaningless game. Australia could field an A team and still wipe the floor with these mugs (whoever is still left and not injured)

Australia over England @ 1.85 (5)





And that is exactly what they did
quote
Aussie Battler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Aussie Battler
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 28142
Location: Australia
#239
Posted: 2/6/2011 5:33:54 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by rod_steel:

West Indies to win series =

Australia =

1-1 +3.25 

Final YTD 52-35-1 +61.31


That's it for me this summer

What Ace said  

quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26859
Location: Australia
#240
Posted: 2/7/2011 1:21:31 AM

The pace was too much for England in the one day series, especially at the WACA and Gabba....

IMO, Aus wont win the world cup. To win on the sub continent, u need a quality front line spinner and we dont have one....

Aus are NOT gonna initimadate anyone on the slow dusty wickets there with our pace......

Lee and Tait will really show there age......England didnt give a garbage this one day series, they were still drunk after the ashes......

This is fools gold if people think Aus are that good......Aus were just a lot more hungrier thats all.....

India will win the world cup......If pakistan dont bet against themselves, they ae also a big chance.......I rate pakistan v India final

quote
Ace77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ace77
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 30912
Location: United States
#241
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:08:34 AM
Lee,Johnson,Tait will get smashed all over the park in India
quote
Ace77 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ace77
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 30912
Location: United States
#242
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:14:25 AM
South Africa have a decent record in the sub continent from memory
quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#243
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:19:07 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

The pace was too much for England in the one day series, especially at the WACA and Gabba....

IMO, Aus wont win the world cup. To win on the sub continent, u need a quality front line spinner and we dont have one....

Aus are NOT gonna initimadate anyone on the slow dusty wickets there with our pace......

Lee and Tait will really show there age......England didnt give a garbage this one day series, they were still drunk after the ashes......

This is fools gold if people think Aus are that good......Aus were just a lot more hungrier thats all.....

India will win the world cup......If pakistan dont bet against themselves, they ae also a big chance.......I rate pakistan v India final



Teams that play spin well is more important than simply having a quality spinner IMO. Of all the teams I think Sri Lanka presents the best value, they have the best balanced bowling attack in the world. 2 world class spinners and one of the best death bowlers in the world in the slinger. He has been the best fast bowler in the IPL to date.

India may have the best batting lineup but their bowling is garbage - they are better suited to chasing than setting scores because I couldn't trust them to defend anything less than 300 on those pitches.


quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#244
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:20:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ace77:

Lee,Johnson,Tait will get smashed all over the park in India


I think Lee will do alright because he has the ability to reverse the old ball, Tait and Johnson will be fodder

Still can't believe Tait was selected in the squad, it's only a matter of time when he will break down again
quote
Rostos send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rostos
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 26859
Location: Australia
#245
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:56:30 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by rod_steel:



Teams that play spin well is more important than simply having a quality spinner IMO. Of all the teams I think Sri Lanka presents the best value, they have the best balanced bowling attack in the world. 2 world class spinners and one of the best death bowlers in the world in the slinger. He has been the best fast bowler in the IPL to date.

India may have the best batting lineup but their bowling is garbage - they are better suited to chasing than setting scores because I couldn't trust them to defend anything less than 300 on those pitches.


I am gonna say it.......Alot of luck is gonna be involved....why? The toss and the dew factor at night

Anyone disagree?

Secondly, when are we gonna host a WC? Its been 576 years since we hosted one....

The Windies have hosted one and T20 WC......IMO, they did there best to murder world cricket....the grounds were 1/10 full, zero atmosphere and the grounds are rubbish.........they did there best to destroy cricket, they shouldnt host a WC until the year 4097

quote
Aussie Battler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Aussie Battler
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 28142
Location: Australia
#246
Posted: 2/7/2011 7:02:54 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

I am gonna say it.......Alot of luck is gonna be involved....why? The toss and the dew factor at night

Anyone disagree?

Secondly, when are we gonna host a WC? Its been 576 years since we hosted one....

The Windies have hosted one and T20 WC......IMO, they did there best to murder world cricket....the grounds were 1/10 full, zero atmosphere and the grounds are rubbish.........they did there best to destroy cricket, they shouldnt host a WC until the year 4097

 

Ask the ACB oh I mean the BCCI

quote
Aussie Battler send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Aussie Battler
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 28142
Location: Australia
#247
Posted: 2/7/2011 7:04:51 AM

Fwiw I think Australia are a live dog in the WC. Agree with Rod that Sri Lanka are a real threat.

With no hot-spot, I just hope Sachin gets out LBW to a massive inside edge  

quote
rod_steel send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
rod_steel
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 92912
Location: United States
#248
Posted: 2/8/2011 8:51:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rostos:

I am gonna say it.......Alot of luck is gonna be involved....why? The toss and the dew factor at night

Anyone disagree?

Secondly, when are we gonna host a WC? Its been 576 years since we hosted one....

The Windies have hosted one and T20 WC......IMO, they did there best to murder world cricket....the grounds were 1/10 full, zero atmosphere and the grounds are rubbish.........they did there best to destroy cricket, they shouldnt host a WC until the year 4097



I think Australia are up next in terms of hosting the world cup
quote
Forum Index : Other : Messages Page 10 of 10 «  6 7 8 9 10  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.