Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Abraham Lincoln, Fidel Castro, and Adolf Hitler
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#26
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:38:33 PM
rick

these people that generalize and omit large swaths of information, because it came from a preacher, or was in a book not peer reviewed and published by University Press, are everything that is wrong with the world today. lemmings

The greatest form of mind control, is self censorship of ideas
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#27
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:52:17 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Good, to hell with the south. I don't care about what Neo-Confederates want or believe. All the things Honest Abe did were for a good reason. If it wasn't for people like Lincoln that guy in your avatar wouldn't be QB in the NFL. There would be no NFL period. If confederates are mad at and saying bad things about Lincoln? Good, that means he was on the right side.


Google the Bombardment of Atlanta, 
Or Sherman's March to see how your great and merciful hero, signed off on a campaign of extermination throughout the south.  

I suppose in some circles Nailing doors shut and setting fire to houses filled with women and children and bayoneting kids as they try to escape the house is considered honorable or "honest".  Even where I come from we call that a War crime.  

No Army has committed more War crimes against states that are currently in the United States of America than Lincoln's Union Army. 
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#28
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:53:05 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by be easy:

rick

these people that generalize and omit large swaths of information, because it came from a preacher, or was in a book not peer reviewed and published by University Press, are everything that is wrong with the world today. lemmings

The greatest form of mind control, is self censorship of ideas
The greatest form of mind control, is self censorship of ideas 

Absolutely.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7746
Location: Texas
#29
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:10:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:


I am not looking for you to attack your boyfriend Lincoln,  I am asking you to tell me what part of the listed transgressions are bullshit (your word) .  Just because the man is a pastor does not mean that he is incapable of truth, perspective, or insight to think such is nothing less than the prejudice that Lincoln spoke down when calling upon the better angels of our nature. (his words not mine) 
Furthermore, 
I believe in the Constitution of the United States of America and believe that the Constitution will rise again. Do not mix me up with some peckerwood Confederate southerner, I am a drunken Hillbilly Redneck.  You best situate your White trash inferences before you cross the wrong gringo that does not appreciate his heritage being disparaged by your ignorance of geography and history.

I know that Lincoln had his reasons, and am deeply conflicted about some of his decisions.  He was a man of action, for good or bad.
 While his motivations are suspect, he still freed the slaves.
 While his usurpation of the Constitution were treacherous, he preserved the country. 

I believe that Lincoln started a slippery slope towards a bloated Federal Govt.  He grew the govt. by leaps and bounds, as well as the Executive office.  Most of the usurpation of his presidency can be traced to the transgressions we see today.  

Had the Country been restored to the Constitutional Republic that it was supposed to be after Reconstruction I would have a vastly different outlook on Lincoln as a man and president, but as it is now I can not separate the man, the president, the commander, and his legacy.  


The thing is I don't care. I could care less what Lincoln did to get the job done. I don’t give a darn what you think either. The difference between me and everyone else is that people fear people, pain, death, fighting, god, races, cultures, sexual orientations, and I am afraid of none of those things.

Those who fear those things are weak in my eyes. Keep your weak fairy-tales to yourself. I wipe my behind with the confederate flag. I'm glad Lincoln showed no mercy towards the south. Mercy is for the weak. I feel stupid for saying these things on the Internet but it’s ridiculous when I see empty threats and false bravado.
quote
TILTOLOGIC
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
TILTOLOGIC
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 4951
Location: Uganda
#30
Posted: 3/28/2012 8:29:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:


Google the Bombardment of Atlanta, 
Or Sherman's March to see how your great and merciful hero, signed off on a campaign of extermination throughout the south.  

I suppose in some circles Nailing doors shut and setting fire to houses filled with women and children and bayoneting kids as they try to escape the house is considered honorable or "honest".  Even where I come from we call that a War crime.  

No Army has committed more War crimes against states that are currently in the United States of America than Lincoln's Union Army. 


Gentleman, you cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will.  We cannot change the hearts of these people of the south.  But we can make war so terrible and make them so sick of war that generations will pass away before they again appeal to it.  


Looks like he was right  

quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#31
Posted: 3/28/2012 9:16:34 PM
MoneySRH.

What in God's name are you talking about?

Other than Proving that you are a complete joke what purpose did your last post serve?

Posted using a mobile device.
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#32
Posted: 3/28/2012 9:19:05 PM
+ again I am still waiting for whatever addled, weak minded explanation you have for calling the information I provided "bullshit". Other than your prejudiced determination not to listen to opinions that challenge your world view.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#33
Posted: 3/28/2012 9:19:06 PM
+ again I am still waiting for whatever addled, weak minded explanation you have for calling the information I provided "bullshit". Other than your prejudiced determination not to listen to opinions that challenge your world view.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#34
Posted: 3/28/2012 9:20:28 PM
Sorry for the double post.
Posted using a mobile device.
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7746
Location: Texas
#35
Posted: 3/28/2012 9:55:52 PM
"You best situate your White trash inferences before you cross the wrong gringo that does not appreciate his heritage being disparaged by your ignorance of geography and history."

You acted as if I should be afraid of some confederate people gringo heritage and be afraid of expressing my views on anyone’s heritage or on the south. I will cross anyone without hesitation if I feel I’m right. My response was I don’t give a garbage. 

I feel no need to challenge the information because I question the source and don’t care what Lincoln did to get the job done. I have read all I need to know about Lincoln and there is nothing that can change my views about him.

Washington, Jefferson, Grant, Wilson, Coolidge, Roosevelt, and Lincoln all did things that people might disagree with and even I disagree with but it was necessary to get things done.

Although they did those things that doesn’t take away the fact that they were the best presidents of the United States. Lincoln is my favorite president and I put those quotes he made to make a political point because I believe they apply to what’s happening today and I believe he would be able to fix everything that is wrong with America if he was in charge today. 

I am well-versed in Historical, Global and Cultural studies. I read around 6 hours a day. I don’t think there is anything you could tell me that I don’t know and haven’t heard already.



quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15412
Location: Pennsylvania
#36
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:17:52 PM
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
Abraham Lincoln


quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#37
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:44:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

"You best situate your White trash inferences before you cross the wrong gringo that does not appreciate his heritage being disparaged by your ignorance of geography and history."

You acted as if I should be afraid of some confederate people gringo heritage and be afraid of expressing my views on anyone’s heritage or on the south. I will cross anyone without hesitation if I feel I’m right. My response was I don’t give a garbage. 

I feel no need to challenge the information because I question the source and don’t care what Lincoln did to get the job done. I have read all I need to know about Lincoln and there is nothing that can change my views about him.

Washington, Jefferson, Grant, Wilson, Coolidge, Roosevelt, and Lincoln all did things that people might disagree with and even I disagree with but it was necessary to get things done.

Although they did those things that doesn’t take away the fact that they were the best presidents of the United States. Lincoln is my favorite president and I put those quotes he made to make a political point because I believe they apply to what’s happening today and I believe he would be able to fix everything that is wrong with America if he was in charge today. 

I am well-versed in Historical, Global and Cultural studies. I read around 6 hours a day. I don’t think there is anything you could tell me that I don’t know and haven’t heard already.




I did no "acting" 
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#38
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:46:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by TILTOLOGIC:



Gentleman, you cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will.  We cannot change the hearts of these people of the south.  But we can make war so terrible and make them so sick of war that generations will pass away before they again appeal to it.  


Looks like he was right  


Poor southerners have been the workhorse of the United States Military.  
quote
rooster010 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
rooster010
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 10899
Location: Mongolia
#39
Posted: 3/30/2012 7:13:46 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by be easy:

rick

these people that generalize and omit large swaths of information, because it came from a preacher, or was in a book not peer reviewed and published by University Press, are everything that is wrong with the world today. lemmings

The greatest form of mind control, is self censorship of ideas

evil means can not be justified by good ends, thus good ends do not justify evil means

one day people will wake up

quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#40
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:26:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Good, to hell with the south. I don't care about what Neo-Confederates want or believe. All the things Honest Abe did were for a good reason. If it wasn't for people like Lincoln that guy in your avatar wouldn't be QB in the NFL. There would be no NFL period. If confederates are mad at and saying bad things about Lincoln? Good, that means he was on the right side.


either you support the right to self government or you do not. Mr Lincoln did not. Mr Lincoln believed in centralized power and taxing the piss out of southern land owners to the benefit of the northern industrialists

your quote about getting things done or for good reason or with good intent are all fine and dandy if you're referring to a household ot a church, but not the federal government. we have rules so that there is no giant over reach of power
-------------------
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. - T Jefferson
quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#41
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:32:54 PM

Although they did those things that doesn’t take away the fact that they were the best presidents of the United States. Lincoln is my favorite president and I put those quotes he made to make a political point because I believe they apply to what’s happening today and I believe he would be able to fix everything that is wrong with America if he was in charge today. 
------------
you cant be a Lincoln fan and Ron Paul supporter. if you as well versed in history as you say you are, the two are diametrically opposed on many issues

you can respect certain things lincoln did, but his presidency was a disaster for the country

did you know Honest Abe tried to institute an income tax? SCOTUS shot it down. he couldnt figure out how to pay for his war, so he took the US off a metals backed currency and printed greenbacks causing massive inflation

...on February 25, 1862, the Legal Tender Act empowered the Secretary of the Treasury to issue paper money ("greenbacks") that were not immediately redeemable in gold or silver. The National Currency Acts of 1863 and 1864 created a system of nationally chartered banks that could issue bank notes supplied to them by the new Comptroller of the Currency, and a 10 percent tax was placed on state bank notes to drive them out of business and establish a federal monetary monopoly. The government's paper money flooded the banks so that by July 1864 greenback dollars were worth a mere 35 cents in gold.
quote
KOAJ send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
KOAJ
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 66698
Location: New Jersey
#42
Posted: 3/30/2012 4:35:36 PM
lincoln did, what bernanke is doing...again, how can he fix things?

by deporting slaves to Africa? because he tried to do that as well

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8319858/Abraham-Lincoln-wanted-to-deport-slaves-to-new-colonies.html


quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#43
Posted: 3/30/2012 5:02:47 PM
I had no Idea that MoneySRH was claiming to be a RP supporter. 

I would be interested to hear his take on how he could support the two. 
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14251
Location:
#44
Posted: 3/30/2012 6:04:58 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KOAJ:

lincoln did, what bernanke is doing...again, how can he fix things?


by deporting slaves to Africa? because he tried to do that as well

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8319858/Abraham-Lincoln-wanted-to-deport-slaves-to-new-colonies.html



WOW!,  

This is mind boggling. 

I guess Black Americans should thank John Wilkes Boothe for Offing ole' Honest Abe before he sent their ancestors to some shitty Caribbean colony. 

This does not only alter his legacy as the article says, but I think that it significantly damages it, in a very real way. 
quote
MoneySRH
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 7746
Location: Texas
#45
Posted: 3/30/2012 6:29:51 PM
“Mr Lincoln also favoured the idea. But he was believed to have denounced it after signing the Emancipation Proclamation, which freed of most of America’s four million slaves, in January 1863.”

The Gettysburg Address, Emancipation Proclamation, and his quotes that I posted are inspiring and say he was the kind of president I wish we had in power today and was a moral visionary.

Every president in the history of the United States has done bad things. If it wasn’t for Abraham Lincoln the United States wouldn’t have become the country in which every culture and race want to be a part of and the greatest country ever created.

I picked 20+ Abraham Lincoln quotes to make a political point and to show how he was the brightest president in the history of the United States.

I am a Ron Paul supporter because he is the only politician alive that can fix the mess we are in. I have never seen a politician embarrass everyone that debates him the way he does. Ron Paul realizes that his party is insane and he realizes that the democrats are wrong.

Ron Paul can go on Fox News, educated them on reality and go on MSNBC, and educated them on reality. During the republican debates, Ron Paul made every republican on the stage with him and in the audience look like morons.

Ron Paul thinks republicans are morons just like I do. Ron Paul thinks both sides are wrong and that’s why I am one of his supporters. Do I agree with everything he says NO but I don’t think there is a person alive that I agree with 100 percent.   

I know Abraham Lincoln and Ron Paul would probably not agree with each other on something’s but if you look at the quotes that I posted that were said by Lincoln. I believe Ron Paul would agree with all of them.  

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 2 of 2  1 2  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.