Posted: 9/20/2010 1:45:14 PM
I may have fixed this problem.
I went into my Windows Firewall Settings and on the Advanced Tab you can restore everything to Default Settings, which I did.
Then I went into the Exceptions Tab and unclicked everything.
Then I went into the General Tab and clicked NO EXCEPTIONS.
I have been disconnecting a lot less.
Funny thing is that I've been doing these steps everytime I start up just to be safe and when I looked at the Exceptions Tab a few times there was something on there that wasn't there when I restored Default Settings.
It was called "Dell TCP / IP" and it was checked. So something is changing my firewall settings at startup apparently. Not sure what that is but I deleted it and it keeps coming back occasionally.
I also changed a few settings in my ethernet card. Enabled 802.1p support, Flow Control, and let it auto search for Media Type and I also put the Network Address (Physical Address) in there. It wasn't in there.
So far so good. Maybe my connection was being hijacked, I don't know.