Drafted...now a little help?

Forum: Fantasy Sports
Author: [Fantasy Sports] Topic: Drafted...now a little help?
ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57526
New York
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 1:57:29 PM
What do we think of this team?

MCCANN
YOUKILIS
CRAIG
MOREL
PASTORNICKY
GOLDSCHMIDT
HILL
J UPTON
MCCUTCHEN
ADAM JONES
STUBBS
K MORALES
RASMUS
B HARPER
BOESCH
R IBANEZ
W RAMOS


VERLANDER
SABATHIA
LESTER
WAINWRIGHT
R ROMERO
FISTER
SCHERZER
CHACIN
TEHERAN
K JANSEN
J VALVERDE
WALDEN
THE MAN FORMERLY KNOWN AS LEO NUNEZ
J WALDEN


Thoughts/comments?

Thanks

mainmanmainman2 PM mainmanmainman2
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4357
Antarctica
 
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 5:19:55 PM
first off tell us what kinda league and how many people. thanks. 
ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57526
New York
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 7:28:07 PM
Sorry it was so confusing... It's a 10 team league, H2H each category
LanceLogan PM LanceLogan
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 5251
British
              Columbia
 
LanceLogan
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 9:41:17 PM
Having McCann is huge, there's only really 4 or 5 catchers that put up #'s, did Ibanez sign with anybody? A trick i've used in the past is get bullpen guys on waivers who get converted to starters later in the season, love gettin starter pts out of the bullpen.
ManRam24 PM ManRam24
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11606
United States
 
ManRam24
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 10:50:17 PM
Possibly the worst offensive team i have ever seen constructed. 
mainmanmainman2 PM mainmanmainman2
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4357
Antarctica
 
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:00:19 PM
ur pitching is nuts, it autodrafted for u?
ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57526
New York
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:03:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mainmanmainman2:

ur pitching is nuts, it autodrafted for u?
nope...drafted them myself...I figure my offense is decent enough, and I have enough pitchers to trade if need be.
ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57526
New York
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:05:23 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ManRam24:

Possibly the worst offensive team i have ever seen constructed. 
Really? McCann who hit 24HR last year, Youkilis who can hit 20+ and hopefully .300, Upton who smacked 31HR last year as well, and Adam Jones/A McCutchen? Do you even know who my SS is?
ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57526
New York
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/10/2012 11:06:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by LanceLogan:

Having McCann is huge, there's only really 4 or 5 catchers that put up #'s, did Ibanez sign with anybody? A trick i've used in the past is get bullpen guys on waivers who get converted to starters later in the season, love gettin starter pts out of the bullpen.
Ibanez...not yet...talk here of getting him on the Yankees as a LF/DH......in that lineup he would be huge. Compare his and Youk's numbers from last year and you'll be surprised.
ManRam24 PM ManRam24
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11606
United States
 
ManRam24
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/12/2012 8:20:22 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ManassaMauler:

Really? McCann who hit 24HR last year, Youkilis who can hit 20+ and hopefully .300, Upton who smacked 31HR last year as well, and Adam Jones/A McCutchen? Do you even know who my SS is?

You asked for thoughts and i gave it to you. Im a huge Sox fan. Youkilis cant stay on the field. His numbers have gone down dramatically over the past 4 years. Expecting him to do anything more then what he has done 2 years straight is kind of a reach. There is a reason you can get him so late this year. Same thing with a player like A-Rod. 

Upton is a beast no doubt about it. I cant really give a honest opinion on McCutchen because im not a fan of owning him in any league. If he can up his home run total to 30 and knock in over 100 runs which will be tough in Pittsburgh while hitting 295 300 it will be a different story. Its like your drafting BJ Upton or Chris Young just 7-8 rounds to early. I would rather grab a STUD in the 2nd round where you have to grab McCutchen and just wait on those numbers he gives you and draft Upton, Young, Francour. 

Lets settle down on McCann a little bit. Another player who is ALWAYS over drafted. He finished last season as the 8th best fantasy catcher but is drafted as is he is the best. He is a 1 category player at his position. Homers and thats it. Ill gladly take Miguel Montero, Buster Posey, Matt Wieters, Alex Avila, Joe Mauer all over him while taking the bonus of drafting them 3-6 rounds later. 

I also love the fact your hanging your hat on a rookie SS while giving me a . What exactly are you expecting from him to be so confident? The kid is a .275 hitter in the minor leagues with NO POWER. 17 homers in 4 seasons. He will steal you bases. Congrats on that. Another 1 category player. 

I could keep going but i think thats enough. Your pitching is great no doubt but will get you no where when you go into every week throwing pretty much every offensive stat. What offensive stat do you actually feel comfortable about winning each and every week? Once you go Verlander, Sabathia it should have been no pitching for at least 5-6 rounds. There is so much of it its kind of sick. 
ManRam24 PM ManRam24
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11606
United States
 
ManRam24
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/12/2012 8:22:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ManassaMauler:

Ibanez...not yet...talk here of getting him on the Yankees as a LF/DH......in that lineup he would be huge. Compare his and Youk's numbers from last year and you'll be surprised.

Yes they are both brutal. If Ibanez does sign with the Yanks he IS NOT playing in the field. He will DH. He will only hit against righties and thats when one of the normal line up guys are not getting the half a day off like Tex, Arod, Jeter, Swisher. What is the world is the point of owning a part time player and actually being excited about it?
ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57526
New York
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/12/2012 12:08:56 PM
That rookie SS hit .365 in AAA and .299 in AA last year. Not needing a lot of HR here....runs scored, BA, etc. I'll be fine there. I also have enough SP to trade for power if need be.
ManassaMauler PM ManassaMauler
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 57526
New York
 
ManassaMauler
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/12/2012 12:09:21 PM
AND I have at least 6 guys who are more than capable of hitting 25HR.
ManRam24 PM ManRam24
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11606
United States
 
ManRam24
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/12/2012 1:01:04 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ManassaMauler:

That rookie SS hit .365 in AAA and .299 in AA last year. Not needing a lot of HR here....runs scored, BA, etc. I'll be fine there. I also have enough SP to trade for power if need be.

If you think a rookie is going to come into the league and bat .300+ then youre right. He wont score runs though batting at the bottom of the order in the NL.
ManRam24 PM ManRam24
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11606
United States
 
ManRam24
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/12/2012 1:10:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ManassaMauler:

AND I have at least 6 guys who are more than capable of hitting 25HR.

Just dont see it. Upton absolutely. Guys capable? Sure but you dont win leagues on maybes.

I would try dealing one of the pitchers but thats just me. CC or Lester. No chance though you will get full value for them after the draft. Just never works out that way. 

Why dont you come play with us? Maybe you and your buddy can co manage a team together.
mainmanmainman2 PM mainmanmainman2
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4357
Antarctica
 
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Posted: 2/13/2012 7:48:18 AM
some dude had jup,jones,and mcctch 2 years ago in one of my leagues, i remmeber cuz he endedup winning

anyhow i think all 3 will actually come out swingn this year

mccan and youk will have no more than 25 hr from  what i see. but i might be wrong. mccan is 27. which could be a magical year
andrew730 PM andrew730
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1512
New York
 
andrew730
Participation Meter
Posted: 3/31/2012 11:59:15 PM
youk wont hit 25 dings, no way
KennyWoo PM KennyWoo
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2510
 
KennyWoo
Participation Meter
Posted: 4/1/2012 6:16:38 PM
Pastornicky is not a starting SS in a 10-team mixed league.
HumbledGambler PM HumbledGambler
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5277
Aruba
 
HumbledGambler
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/4/2012 3:08:02 AM
I think you should trade CC to pitcher needy team for a big/proven bat.  Lester r CC
ManRam24 PM ManRam24
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11606
United States
 
ManRam24
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/5/2012 9:13:34 AM
Like i said one of the worst offensive teams i have ever seen. 

McCann continues to be one of the most over rated fantasy players always being one of the top catchers and never living up to his draft position. 

Youkilis BRUTAL.

Morel shouldnt even be in the bigs.

That short stop who i "had no idea who he was" flat out sucks.

Goldshit 

Adam Jones is a beast. Honestly didnt see it coming.

Could go through the rest of the team but can pretty much just some it up by saying it once again it sucks. Just being honest .
ManRam24 PM ManRam24
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 11606
United States
 
ManRam24
Participation Meter
Posted: 5/5/2012 9:17:14 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ManRam24:


You asked for thoughts and i gave it to you. Im a huge Sox fan. Youkilis cant stay on the field. His numbers have gone down dramatically over the past 4 years. Expecting him to do anything more then what he has done 2 years straight is kind of a reach. There is a reason you can get him so late this year. Same thing with a player like A-Rod. 

Upton is a beast no doubt about it. I cant really give a honest opinion on McCutchen because im not a fan of owning him in any league. If he can up his home run total to 30 and knock in over 100 runs which will be tough in Pittsburgh while hitting 295 300 it will be a different story. Its like your drafting BJ Upton or Chris Young just 7-8 rounds to early. I would rather grab a STUD in the 2nd round where you have to grab McCutchen and just wait on those numbers he gives you and draft Upton, Young, Francour. 

Lets settle down on McCann a little bit. Another player who is ALWAYS over drafted. He finished last season as the 8th best fantasy catcher but is drafted as is he is the best. He is a 1 category player at his position. Homers and thats it. Ill gladly take Miguel Montero, Buster Posey, Matt Wieters, Alex Avila, Joe Mauer all over him while taking the bonus of drafting them 3-6 rounds later. 

I also love the fact your hanging your hat on a rookie SS while giving me a . What exactly are you expecting from him to be so confident? The kid is a .275 hitter in the minor leagues with NO POWER. 17 homers in 4 seasons. He will steal you bases. Congrats on that. Another 1 category player. 

I could keep going but i think thats enough. Your pitching is great no doubt but will get you no where when you go into every week throwing pretty much every offensive stat. What offensive stat do you actually feel comfortable about winning each and every week? Once you go Verlander, Sabathia it should have been no pitching for at least 5-6 rounds. There is so much of it its kind of sick. 

Damn i think im batting 1.000 on this one. Even your pitching sucks. Im guessing if its a roto league you are in last and if its a head to head your still in last with a record of about 7-33.
Forum: Fantasy Sports
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.