Messages

Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
Author: [General Discussion] Topic: Question for Married Guys
vegasrebel417 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
vegasrebel417
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 652
Location: Nevada
#51
Posted: 5/7/2012 8:05:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ogmike:

I'm 30 years old and just got married 3 weeks ago.  I got hammered 3 nights in a row for the first time in a long time this past weekend.  Two things:  First, I couldn't imagine doing that while I was 40 yrs old.  Second, I don't think I saw a single person that looked 40 where I went.  Not that I was really looking.  Point is, when people get older, going to the bar and drinking all the time gets old.  I've also been to many bars where I've seen men hanging out and drinking by themselves, and it looked lonely as hell.

And in my situation, my wife and I have traveled all over the world together.  We love to travel and want to see as many places as possible in our lifetime.  I couldn't have imagined going to the Great Wall or running with the bulls in Pamplona by myself.  Most of my friends weren't financially able to do this back then or might've not cared to go to the places I want to go.  Having a wife that enjoys alot of the same things I do makes me much happier.  She loves OU football, traveling, and is an adventurous eater like me.  Most of my friends are too big of pansies to venture into many ethnic restaurants.  I think I got it made.  Find the right girl, which isn't easy to do, and your opinion on marriage will probably change. 


Couldn't be more happy for you. 
quote
gofish3 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
gofish3
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2565
Location: California
#52
Posted: 5/8/2012 2:20:31 AM
27 and love chasing different women.

I had a couple longer relationships that were very fulfilling but locking it down with one chick for the rest of my life is something I am not ready to think about.
Girls are so much fun, for a variety of reasons. I enjoy connecting with different women and the experience of helping them get in touch with their inner person way too much to be married. I do think the ultimate goal should be to create a beautiful family with the right women but you can't force that. I'll know when the time is right, and in the meantime will happily enjoy tasting the rainbow.
quote
vegasrebel417 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
vegasrebel417
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 652
Location: Nevada
#53
Posted: 5/8/2012 4:13:23 AM
My standards are way too high for marriage. 

To find some woman this day in age that is Asian with big tits and behind and hasn't been rid more than a horse in the Kentucky Derby is a long shot. 

For a bang my standards are lower than the carpet in your living room. 
quote
gfinger send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
gfinger
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 7704
Location: United States
#54
Posted: 5/8/2012 8:25:03 PM
Married with kid and couldn't be happier. Dual income gives you that much more money for travel, dinners, house, cars, whatever you need. I enjoyed my single life for 33 years to the fullest and don't regret any of my decisions one bit. But moving onto a new chapter in life is pretty cool as well.
quote
Supply_N_Demand send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Supply_N_Demand
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1307
Location: Texas
#55
Posted: 5/8/2012 9:18:37 PM
Very good thread and seems like alot of the people in here that are married are happily married. I just got out of a long term relationship ( 2 years ) when she cheated on me and got pregnant by the other guy. I question myself wondering if i really loved her and if I could see myself marring her, becuase i fight my urges to hit her back up and try to work it out.
quote
stats1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
stats1
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6689
Location: Georgia
#56
Posted: 5/8/2012 9:42:59 PM
32 not married  been dating the same chick for 8yrs had a few break ups but i am very happy with my life been thinking about getting married lately     just don't like the idea of moving 2 where she lives...        overall i don't think most men r happily married  if it wasn't 4 sex or children would we really care about chicks??  ask yourself would u rather go 2 a baseball game with 3 of your buddies or 3 chicks??
quote
walktheline send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
walktheline
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4526
Location: Pennsylvania
#57
Posted: 5/8/2012 10:19:47 PM
A "better half" far outweighs being alone. I don't know any man in a relationship that has to do bullshit, time consuming tasks like laundry, grocery shopping, nickel n' dime errands, etc. 

Even if you feel you don't want kids, you experience joys far beyond anything you've experienced prior to having them. They'll win you over 100% of the time. It really is something that you must experience first hand before you appreciate it, as people say time and time again.

Your social circle eventually becomes smaller and smaller as you become older. Your wild buddy WILL get hitched. That fun friend with benefits WILL eventually want more. It's simply something that can't be avoided even in the best of playboy lifestyles.

Giving all of yourself and caring more for other people than yourself eventually defines a man. Until you have that in your life, you'll never be a complete person. 
quote
darien123 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
darien123
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1980
Location:
#58
Posted: 5/8/2012 11:02:50 PM

You have 2 choices in life my friend

Stay single and be miserable or get married and wish you were dead.

 

quote
mainmanmainman2 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
mainmanmainman2
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 4309
Location: Antarctica
#59
Posted: 5/8/2012 11:07:07 PM


al bundy is my hero
quote
Rockdog send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rockdog
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 5485
Location: Arizona
#60
Posted: 5/9/2012 12:32:28 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Supply_N_Demand:

Very good thread and seems like alot of the people in here that are married are happily married. I just got out of a long term relationship ( 2 years ) when she cheated on me and got pregnant by the other guy. I question myself wondering if i really loved her and if I could see myself marring her, becuase i fight my urges to hit her back up and try to work it out.

Is she still with the other guy?  Good luck and she must be really really special for you to want to take her back.

quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5616
Location: Texas
#61
Posted: 5/9/2012 12:54:19 AM
Wrong question....

as most married guys will say they are "happy"....as they have LONG forgotten...and given up on that garbage...

they are most likely "comfortable"....
the KEY idea here is....what other OPTIONS do they have?....if  very few....they are probably very......."happy"
ROTFLMFAO.....

the guys I know with options a plenty.....are far from happy....and only stay married because of the savage beating they would take from a divorce...or they have plenty of action on the side....and/or actually love their kids.....and wanna spare them from the BS

a better question maybe....if given the opportunity for a marriage mulligan....would you do it again?
most would say......HELL NO.....those with few OPTIONS.... will say........ sure  

REASON?.....
guys are simply not designed......for the current demands placed upon us...
think about it...until 30-40 years ago...and for maybe the previous 200,000 years or so ......all we had to do was bring home the fuckin' food.....and protect the wife/kids......since this is a huge fuckin' job.......WHATEVER else we did was cool

For all but a very few .....this (relatively) new role of also being a caring husband and active father.....is obviously way too much to handle ....in time...it won't be that big of a deal
      *my grandfather gave my grandmother an allowance.....and she was not allowed to leave the house...or spend a dime...without his permission....she could never question anything he did.....

Question to ask yourself.....do I REALLY want to be a husband and father?.....or do I just like box and don't  want to come home to an empty house every day.....for the rest of my life?


quote
Skubishack send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Skubishack
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 14624
Location: Antarctica
#62
Posted: 5/9/2012 3:20:13 AM

A very wise old man, who was also my friend, once told me before he passed away... "Looks will fade away... Money will be earned and spent... Health will eventually fail you... so make sure the woman you chose is above all your friend... then you will have something of value forever."

I truely believe that when you least expect it... or are not looking for it... you will find it... or it will find you.

I was seeing 3 chicks at the same time right up to the weekend I got married... Then I broke the bad news to the two that did not win.

Despite having many chances to continue my playboys ways after marriage... I have remained true and would not trade my relationship with my wife for anything. She is truely the best person I've ever met (and the ONLY wife I've ever had)... and she had to be for her to put up with my crazy behind through all these years... She even helped me raise my surviving child from a previous relationship (his birth mother and my daughter both died).

There is a line from a song that I think of sometimes...

"...Never once have I seen your blue eyes fill with envy or stray from the one that you hold... Oh True Love Travels on a Gravel Road..."

Thank You Good Lord... You knew what I needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CIHWMBQkeE

(Words & music by Frazier - Owens)

How many girls choose cotton dress worlds
When they could have satins and lace
And stand by her man, never once letting shame touch her face
How many hearts could live through all the winters
We've known and still not be cold
True love travels on a gravel road.

Love is a stranger and hearts are in danger
On smooth streets paved with gold
Oh true love travels on a gravel road.

Down through the years we've had hard times and tears
But they only helped our love grow
And we'll stay together no matter how strong the wind blows
Not once have I seen your blue eyes fill with envy
Or stray from the one that you hold
Oh true love travels on a gravel road.

Love is a stranger and hearts are in danger
On smooth streets paved with gold
Oh true love travels on a gravel road.

Yeah, true love travels on a gravel road.
True love travels on a gravel road.
True love travels on a gravel road.

quote
vegasrebel417 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
vegasrebel417
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 652
Location: Nevada
#63
Posted: 5/9/2012 3:42:06 AM
This thread is way too mature, are we still on Covers? 


quote
stats1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
stats1
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6689
Location: Georgia
#64
Posted: 5/9/2012 9:55:09 PM
  
quote
guyhi send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
guyhi
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2124
Location: Hawaii
#65
Posted: 5/10/2012 4:42:53 AM

2 of my married friends are getting screwed by their wives and not in a good way , after seeing what happened to them (wives taking there annuitys, retirement, houses, denying them to see their kids, cheating on them, falsely accusing them of abuse etc.) im not sure if its really worth it....... these are good hard working guys, who have lost almost everything cause their wives cheated or just wanted to find someone else. Men always get the bad end of the deal.

quote
vegasrebel417 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
vegasrebel417
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 652
Location: Nevada
#66
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:00:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by guyhi:

2 of my married friends are getting screwed by their wives and not in a good way , after seeing what happened to them (wives taking there annuitys, retirement, houses, denying them to see their kids, cheating on them, falsely accusing them of abuse etc.) im not sure if its really worth it....... these are good hard working guys, who have lost almost everything cause their wives cheated or just wanted to find someone else. Men always get the bad end of the deal.


A lot of people counter with "You have to pick the right one"

How the hell do you do that in this day and age? Seems like russian roulette to me 
quote
Rockdog send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Rockdog
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 5485
Location: Arizona
#67
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:21:36 AM
Getting married is like owning a car....Once your car gets old, you get bored of it and it's not fun to drive it anymore. Your old clunker has racked up a bunch of mileage and it won't do you any good to alter the odometer since your old car will still show its age because of the wear and tear. Also, your old clunker breaks down more often and becomes high maintanence. The leather seats inside the car become overused and wrinkled and the exterior paint is all chipped up and rusted.  A complete makeover is too costly, so the resolution is to trade it in for a brand new car!
quote
Iw1nBets send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Iw1nBets
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 58446
Location: Cocos Keeling
              Islands
#68
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:24:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Supply_N_Demand:

Very good thread and seems like alot of the people in here that are married are happily married. I just got out of a long term relationship ( 2 years ) when she cheated on me and got pregnant by the other guy. I question myself wondering if i really loved her and if I could see myself marring her, becuase i fight my urges to hit her back up and try to work it out.


ouch brutal... I know its a lot easier said then done but stay away yo...deserve better then that Id assume 
quote
mafioso send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
mafioso
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1353
Location: California
#69
Posted: 5/10/2012 5:28:50 AM

Lets be honest here, Most guys here in the US are pussys, they let women walk all over them, they latch on to the first vagina that welcomes in there penis.

Once she figures she has you, You are then her girl, there is no compromise, Its always her way and the men go along with it, the United States is the home of the box Whipped male.

I met my wife in my travels to South East Asia, to this day 7 years later, she is the same woman I met then.

Nothing has changed

She lets me be me

I let her be her

I will never try and change her, why would I want an americanized pig to walk all over me.

quote
vegasrebel417 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
vegasrebel417
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 652
Location: Nevada
#70
Posted: 5/10/2012 8:29:00 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Rockdog:

Getting married is like owning a car....Once your car gets old, you get bored of it and it's not fun to drive it anymore. Your old clunker has racked up a bunch of mileage and it won't do you any good to alter the odometer since your old car will still show its age because of the wear and tear. Also, your old clunker breaks down more often and becomes high maintanence. The leather seats inside the car become overused and wrinkled and the exterior paint is all chipped up and rusted.  A complete makeover is too costly, so the resolution is to trade it in for a brand new car!

So...lease don't buy? 
quote
SurveyorJack send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
SurveyorJack
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
#71
Posted: 5/10/2012 12:44:11 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by thorpe:

How may single 40 year old guys are happy?

Me. But I've also been married & have the kid thing taken care of & now living with a super cool girl.

My buddy is 40, never been married & he seems pretty happy. Owns his own business so he can afford to do what he wants whenever & is out pigging most of the time.

Different strokes for different folks.

quote
ocd send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ocd
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1581
Location: Delaware
#72
Posted: 5/10/2012 9:01:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by guyhi:

2 of my married friends are getting screwed by their wives and not in a good way , after seeing what happened to them (wives taking there annuitys, retirement, houses, denying them to see their kids, cheating on them, falsely accusing them of abuse etc.) im not sure if its really worth it....... these are good hard working guys, who have lost almost everything cause their wives cheated or just wanted to find someone else. Men always get the bad end of the deal.

succubus

quote
ocd send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
ocd
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1581
Location: Delaware
#73
Posted: 5/10/2012 9:03:19 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mafioso:

Lets be honest here, Most guys here in the US are pussys, they let women walk all over them, they latch on to the first vagina that welcomes in there penis.

Once she figures she has you, You are then her girl, there is no compromise, Its always her way and the men go along with it, the United States is the home of the box Whipped male.

I met my wife in my travels to South East Asia, to this day 7 years later, she is the same woman I met then.

Nothing has changed

She lets me be me

I let her be her

I will never try and change her, why would I want an americanized pig to walk all over me.

socrates...

 

quote
TRAIN69
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetOnline.ag |
TRAIN69
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 36043
Location: Missouri
#74
Posted: 5/10/2012 9:10:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by walktheline:

A "better half" far outweighs being alone. I don't know any man in a relationship that has to do bullshit, time consuming tasks like laundry, grocery shopping, nickel n' dime errands, etc. 

Even if you feel you don't want kids, you experience joys far beyond anything you've experienced prior to having them. They'll win you over 100% of the time. It really is something that you must experience first hand before you appreciate it, as people say time and time again.

Your social circle eventually becomes smaller and smaller as you become older. Your wild buddy WILL get hitched. That fun friend with benefits WILL eventually want more. It's simply something that can't be avoided even in the best of playboy lifestyles.

Giving all of yourself and caring more for other people than yourself eventually defines a man. Until you have that in your life, you'll never be a complete person. 

Hope you meant to say "doesnt have to do bullshit".......

quote
Forum Index : General Discussion : Messages Page 3 of 3  1 2 3  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.