|Come on GUYS...
Posted: 5/10/2012 11:11:13 AM
* If its 9 straight heads, the probability of a 10th head is 41.2%.
(This obviously assumes the coin is dated after 1950. I think for coins pre-1950 - the probability is closer to 50-50% - but not exactly 50-50 - so you are still JUICED OUT).
* However, I think if its 9 straight tails, it's over 50% the 10th will be tails (and this is regardless of coin is pre 1950 or post 1950 - except for shiny pennies).
* STATS 101:
1. Probabilility of 10th flip being HEADS (after 9 heads) = 50%. If you dont' think so. Flip a coin all day, once you get 9 heads, CALL ME (PM and I will give you my #). I will bet $5,000 on TAILS, and you can bet just $5,500 on HEADS (it's a streak - gotta be HEADS again). JUST THINK WHERE YOU WOULD PUT $ - and answer is obvious.
2. Probability of 10 straight HEADS = 1/1024
3. Probability of 10 straight same flips = 1/512 (heads + tails)
* Agree with if you have MS in Stats - you would not be asking.
* GL GL to all. Not trying to talk trash, just having some fun. This is BASIC STATS - and we should all know this...