Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Big Play

Forum: Boxing
Author: [Boxing] Topic: Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Big Play
frank the tank PM frank the tank
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 5794
 
frank the tank
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/16/2011 9:18:15 PM
We finally have the super 6 finals and I really like Ward to win a clear decision or possible corner stoppage. I would like to play Ward by decision for -200 but I just think its a little risky. I think Ward is going to be able to hit Froch clean.

I know a lot of people hate Ward and think he's boring. I think hes a VERY good fighter and his work on the inside is really underrated. Look for him to work Froch's body early and often and he'll be able to beat Froch anyway he wants. I don't anticipate Froch chasing Ward but I see Froch trying to stay on the outside. I feel really strongly that Ward will win and he has underrated power. He doesn't have that knockout punch power but everyone of his punch is solid.

I say just take the juice and play Andre Ward to win. I've made large plays before on Hopkins over Tarver and Donaire over Montiel...this one isn't quite as big but its a big play.

Andre Ward -360

BOL
newjerseystud PM newjerseystud
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 153
 
newjerseystud
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/16/2011 9:54:44 PM

i will be at the fight, i feel froch has the advantage in the fact that he is tougher. Ward may get him with his speed but i dont think he can hurt froch enough to slow his smothering style that i think he will do. Froch will be coming and coming towards ward. Should be a great Fight!!

thesoulpurpose PM thesoulpurpose
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1127
 
thesoulpurpose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/16/2011 9:56:54 PM
FRANK THE TANK, you are one of the only people on this site that I actually respect the opinion of,  ward is one hell of a fighter, but I strongly feel than people are sleeping on froch in this one, I feel that his jab will give ward some problems as well as his toughness and willingness to go to war and make you fight (and I do not think that anyone would argue when I say froch is the tougher of the two). I also like the fact that froch lost the dec, to kessler, he has tasted his first loss and surly does not like the taste, he will not go down lightly in this one, if froch can make it a war he will win, but making it a war against a fighter as versitle as ward will be very difficult. froch will make this fight much closer than everyone thinks, so much so that I WILL NOT BET ON IT, 
Mack05 PM Mack05
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4397
 
Mack05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/17/2011 5:41:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thesoulpurpose:

FRANK THE TANK, you are one of the only people on this site that I actually respect the opinion of,  ward is one hell of a fighter, but I strongly feel than people are sleeping on froch in this one, I feel that his jab will give ward some problems as well as his toughness and willingness to go to war and make you fight (and I do not think that anyone would argue when I say froch is the tougher of the two). I also like the fact that froch lost the dec, to kessler, he has tasted his first loss and surly does not like the taste, he will not go down lightly in this one, if froch can make it a war he will win, but making it a war against a fighter as versitle as ward will be very difficult. froch will make this fight much closer than everyone thinks, so much so that I WILL NOT BET ON IT, 


all the fights I have predicted on this site. I get -200 (compared to -360) and u have no respect for me
cd2010 PM cd2010
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 688
 
cd2010
Participation Meter
Rookie
Posted: 12/17/2011 12:29:36 PM
Mack is probably the best on boxing, he is almost always right from what I've seen.
thesoulpurpose PM thesoulpurpose
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1127
 
thesoulpurpose
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:17:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Mack05:



all the fights I have predicted on this site. I get -200 (compared to -360) and u have no respect for me
I said FRANK  was ONE of the only people I respected the opinion of, not the only one, but I do also remember that you had ABRAHAM to beat FROCH in a big play. you have always slept on froch. as most people do,   either way this is a close one and I seem to be one of the only people that seems to think this, my money will stay out of this one, 
EricLinny PM EricLinny
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 5068
 
EricLinny
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:29:33 PM
-360

Good Luck bro
Cover60 PM Cover60
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 33
 
Cover60
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 12/17/2011 3:40:53 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by frank the tank:

We finally have the super 6 finals and I really like Ward to win a clear decision or possible corner stoppage. I would like to play Ward by decision for -200 but I just think its a little risky. I think Ward is going to be able to hit Froch clean.

I know a lot of people hate Ward and think he's boring. I think hes a VERY good fighter and his work on the inside is really underrated. Look for him to work Froch's body early and often and he'll be able to beat Froch anyway he wants. I don't anticipate Froch chasing Ward but I see Froch trying to stay on the outside. I feel really strongly that Ward will win and he has underrated power. He doesn't have that knockout punch power but everyone of his punch is solid.

I say just take the juice and play Andre Ward to win. I've made large plays before on Hopkins over Tarver and Donaire over Montiel...this one isn't quite as big but its a big play.

Andre Ward -360

BOL

Mack05 PM Mack05
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4397
 
Mack05
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/17/2011 4:51:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thesoulpurpose:

I said FRANK  was ONE of the only people I respected the opinion of, not the only one, but I do also remember that you had ABRAHAM to beat FROCH in a big play. you have always slept on froch. as most people do,   either way this is a close one and I seem to be one of the only people that seems to think this, my money will stay out of this one, 


The picks I have gotten BADLY wrong on this site are AA v Froch and Mallignaggi v Juan Diaz. I lost alot of money on those fights. If I got them all right i'd be a multi millionaire which I am not. In 2006, I took a monster gamble (with the banks money, took me 6 months to organise it all) and bet 75% Mayweather -200 to beat Hatton, 25% of it Mayweather KO of Hatton +350. I have bet most of my bankroll on 2 things since then. Pacman v Hatton and Nadal v Murray (18 months ago Wimbledon). Both have hit thank god. I havent had to work in 5 years and someday I will have to face the real world, as when u bet your roll eventually u lose. But I have an appartment paid for, travelled the world. I have no regrets. Patience have made my money. I took -200 5 months ago (posted on this site). I do not believe Ward loses tonight. I just can't see it. Indeed I think tonight we see the birth of boxings new star. I think he KO's Froch
BigPapa21 PM BigPapa21
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2710
 
BigPapa21
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/17/2011 6:03:31 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Mack05:



The picks I have gotten BADLY wrong on this site are AA v Froch and Mallignaggi v Juan Diaz. I lost alot of money on those fights. If I got them all right i'd be a multi millionaire which I am not. In 2006, I took a monster gamble (with the banks money, took me 6 months to organise it all) and bet 75% Mayweather -200 to beat Hatton, 25% of it Mayweather KO of Hatton +350. I have bet most of my bankroll on 2 things since then. Pacman v Hatton and Nadal v Murray (18 months ago Wimbledon). Both have hit thank god. I havent had to work in 5 years and someday I will have to face the real world, as when u bet your roll eventually u lose. But I have an appartment paid for, travelled the world. I have no regrets. Patience have made my money. I took -200 5 months ago (posted on this site). I do not believe Ward loses tonight. I just can't see it. Indeed I think tonight we see the birth of boxings new star. I think he KO's Froch

Mack honestly your a very good capper on here. I value always what you have to say. The thing that makes me laugh is how when you pick a loser everyone remembers that. I don't see them say anything bout the 10 winners. kinda like when the guy was a truck driver nobody called him a truck driver...but he sucked one cock and everyone called him a cock sucker....Keep up the good work and GL tonight...

Qncyk1 PM Qncyk1
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1238
 
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/17/2011 6:53:41 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by thesoulpurpose:

I said FRANK  was ONE of the only people I respected the opinion of, not the only one, but I do also remember that you had ABRAHAM to beat FROCH in a big play. you have always slept on froch. as most people do,   either way this is a close one and I seem to be one of the only people that seems to think this, my money will stay out of this one, 

-400 is very pricey for ward and there are better opportunities. i am actually making a small action play on froch, especially after ward's recent cut.

styles make fights but did ward beat aa more convincingly than froch did? this after both dirrell and froch mentally and physically exposed aa. to me, ward looked as if he was technically superior to aa while froch simply manhadled him.

 

 

frank the tank PM frank the tank
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 5794
 
frank the tank
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/17/2011 7:00:02 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thesoulpurpose:

FRANK THE TANK, you are one of the only people on this site that I actually respect the opinion of,  ward is one hell of a fighter, but I strongly feel than people are sleeping on froch in this one, I feel that his jab will give ward some problems as well as his toughness and willingness to go to war and make you fight (and I do not think that anyone would argue when I say froch is the tougher of the two). I also like the fact that froch lost the dec, to kessler, he has tasted his first loss and surly does not like the taste, he will not go down lightly in this one, if froch can make it a war he will win, but making it a war against a fighter as versitle as ward will be very difficult. froch will make this fight much closer than everyone thinks, so much so that I WILL NOT BET ON IT, 


Thanks man. I'm anticipating a pretty ugly boring fight. Hoping that its somewhat exciting though.
frank the tank PM frank the tank
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 5794
 
frank the tank
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 12/17/2011 7:01:28 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Qncyk1:

-400 is very pricey for ward and there are better opportunities. i am actually making a small action play on froch, especially after ward's recent cut.

styles make fights but did ward beat aa more convincingly than froch did? this after both dirrell and froch mentally and physically exposed aa. to me, ward looked as if he was technically superior to aa while froch simply manhadled him.

 

 



Betting on Ward is pricing but I just feel strongly that he will win. AA was a small 168er.
Qncyk1 PM Qncyk1
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1238
 
Qncyk1
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 12/17/2011 8:58:02 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by frank the tank:



Betting on Ward is pricing but I just feel strongly that he will win. AA was a small 168er.

went with ward at -320 on a small action play. no props offered at my book.

Forum: Boxing
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.