Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages
Author: [Politics] Topic: Arab Spring Redux
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#1
Posted: 4/2/2012 3:39:57 PM
This is from the NY Times

Hazem Salah Abu Ismail is an old-school Islamist.

He wants to move toward abolishing Egypt's peace treaty with Israel and cites Iran as a successful model of independence from Washington. He worries about the mixing of the genders in the workplace and women’s work outside the home. And he promises to bring extraordinary prosperity to Egypt, if it turns its back on trade with the West.

He has also surged to become a front-runner in the race to become Egypt’s next president, reconfiguring political battle lines here. His success may help explain why the United States offered signs of tacit approval over the weekend when the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt’s largest Islamic group, broke its pledge not to field its own candidate.        


SO WHAT WE GET IS A MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD CANDIDATE AS PREFERABLE TO THIS FRONTRUNNER......WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED.......NOT THE LEFTISTS HERE THAT WHOOPED AND HOLLERED AS THE OBAMA INFLUENCE SPREAD TO NORTH AFRICA.

nope, not the left.   well now all gays are to be killed and women will be shut back two centuries.  praise allah.  

quote
canovsp
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
canovsp
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 4925
Location: United States
#2
Posted: 4/2/2012 5:20:13 PM
I know a lot of you guys will hate to hear this but Glen Beck called this way, waaaaaay before Mubarak was ousted.

There were organizations such as Code Pink and other leftists working with anyone to reach their goal: to get rid of Mubarak

If you libs think conservative Americans are against happy rights or women's rights then "YOU AIN'T SEEN NUTIN YET"
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#3
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:00:48 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drJ:

This is from the NY Times

Hazem Salah Abu Ismail is an old-school Islamist.

He wants to move toward abolishing Egypt's peace treaty with Israel and cites Iran as a successful model of independence from Washington. He worries about the mixing of the genders in the workplace and women’s work outside the home. And he promises to bring extraordinary prosperity to Egypt, if it turns its back on trade with the West.

He has also surged to become a front-runner in the race to become Egypt’s next president, reconfiguring political battle lines here. His success may help explain why the United States offered signs of tacit approval over the weekend when the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt’s largest Islamic group, broke its pledge not to field its own candidate.        


SO WHAT WE GET IS A MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD CANDIDATE AS PREFERABLE TO THIS FRONTRUNNER......WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED.......NOT THE LEFTISTS HERE THAT WHOOPED AND HOLLERED AS THE OBAMA INFLUENCE SPREAD TO NORTH AFRICA.

nope, not the left.   well now all gays are to be killed and women will be shut back two centuries.  praise allah.  


I guess the GOP plan was to what, invade EGYPT as opposed to supporting the Egyptian people's own desire for democracy?

You're blaming Obama for this how exactly>? 

Also, those two candidates you describe don't seem very liberal or progressive, they actually sound pretty damn 'conservative' to me...

quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#4
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:30:06 PM
The administration could have easily propped up the Mubarek regime and that is exactly what H Clinton desired.  The arab spring created a massive rift in this admin.  We had been doing so, propping them, for quite some time.  
you think the egyptian people were fighting for democracy?  religious fervor and theocracy was the call as it is in syria.....well they get what they get.....darn them all now.

you are confusing liberal and conservative here based on your own understanding of here.
hitler for instance is a left wing extremist as is castro, stalin, and mao...those are my opinions and yours will differ.
fact is, many people here were super excited about the arab spring crap and it was not my kind but some of yours.

quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#5
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:52:14 PM
You can support the incessant meddling in other countries affairs by the USA if you want. 

I think the USA has no business 'choosing' leaders of other countries. Your business ends at your borders outside of the widely accepted PROPER DIPLOMATIC CHANNELS.

Enough black ops. Enough shadow wars. Enough US corruption.
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5853
Location: Nevada
#6
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:10:22 PM
darn em. Let them elect a hard core muslim if they want. Just stop giving them foreign aid and see what happens. Stop trade with them and let our Navy give escort through the Suez Canal as "training missions". 

It sucks to be a woman or a guy over there, but why does America always have to be the worlds police?


quote
drJ send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
drJ
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6898
Location: Nevada
#7
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:19:29 PM
meddle with countries like libya?   im with you about not meddling but i thought it was intersting to point out where this went.   spider swatting xheugo was all about how awesome egypt would be.....now its going to become another iran.  ktrain...youre right ...sucks to be them but stay away and deal with it
quote
Crusher13 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
Crusher13
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3988
Location: Texas
#8
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:42:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

darn em. Let them elect a hard core muslim if they want. Just stop giving them foreign aid and see what happens. Stop trade with them and let our Navy give escort through the Suez Canal as "training missions". 

It sucks to be a woman or a guy over there, but why does America always have to be the worlds police?





quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#9
Posted: 4/2/2012 11:55:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Ktrain:

darn em. Let them elect a hard core muslim if they want. Just stop giving them foreign aid and see what happens. Stop trade with them and let our Navy give escort through the Suez Canal as "training missions". 

It sucks to be a woman or a guy over there, but why does America always have to be the worlds police?



quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21696
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:00:17 AM
The way the left is playing it it sucks to be a woman or a guy over here..............
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5853
Location: Nevada
#11
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:04:55 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

The way the left is playing it it sucks to be a woman or a guy over here..............

I'm pretty sure it's sucked to be a woman or guy in the devout Muslim world REGARDLESS of who the American President is. 

quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#12
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:09:48 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by drJ:

meddle with countries like libya?   im with you about not meddling but i thought it was intersting to point out where this went.   spider swatting xheugo was all about how awesome egypt would be.....now its going to become another iran.  ktrain...youre right ...sucks to be them but stay away and deal with it

I will likely be disappointed because it was young liberal Egyptians who picked up on and adopted the Arab Spring but it will likely be the islamists that benefit the most.

Honestly, we live in such a fucked up world and there are a variety of longstanding issues that affect the global climate we find ourselves in today. I trace it back to colonialism in the sense that our global system has a deep history of 'favours' and gratuity and a 'little aid money' in exchange for this and that. It's such a corruption filled illogical nightmare. 

It really needs to stop. I'm at a total loss when I think of what has happened in the world over the last 200 years, and when I think about how all of that got us to where we are today. 
quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21696
Location: United States
#13
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:15:10 AM

Canada knows how to treat a lady ...The transgendered woman from Vancouver will get another chance to compete for the title of Miss Universe Canada.

The pageant has announced that Jenna Talackova, who was kicked out of the beauty contest last month after admitting she was born a male, can compete in the May 19 event.

A statement posted on the pageant's website late Monday says Talackova can participate "provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada."

quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21696
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:21:50 AM
The way Canada is progressing a dog will be eligible as long as it’s a she....
quote
Ktrain send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Ktrain
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5853
Location: Nevada
#15
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:24:59 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

Canada knows how to treat a lady ...The transgendered woman from Vancouver will get another chance to compete for the title of Miss Universe Canada.

The pageant has announced that Jenna Talackova, who was kicked out of the beauty contest last month after admitting she was born a male, can compete in the May 19 event.

A statement posted on the pageant's website late Monday says Talackova can participate "provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada."


Who friggin cares? 


quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#16
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:25:44 AM

Slim, on topic as usual. 
quote
DiscoD69 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
DiscoD69
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 7926
Location: Canada
#17
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:27:20 AM
Slim, I guess you want a response? Because this is a second time you have brought this up...

I'm sorry, I don't have one for you (shrugs shoulders)
quote
rick3117 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
rick3117
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14443
Location:
#18
Posted: 4/3/2012 12:49:09 AM
Self determination is a huge issue with me, it is just when the US steps in to determine a victor that bothers me. 
quote
SarasotaSlim send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
SarasotaSlim
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 21696
Location: United States
#19
Posted: 4/3/2012 1:17:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DiscoD69:

Slim, I guess you want a response? Because this is a second time you have brought this up...

I'm sorry, I don't have one for you (shrugs shoulders)

The last time is when she was out ...then they bring her back in .. 

quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.