Zimmerman ordered back to jail

Forum: Politics
Author: [Politics] Topic: Zimmerman ordered back to jail
djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14322
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 8:35:57 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/george-zimmermans-bond-re_n_1563304.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D166412

 

And I could not DISAGREE more.

The Court contends that he was disingenious about finances. Even if true, what does that have to do with the usual bail issues, upholding the integrity of the process, the protection of society, or the appearance of the Defendant?

It defies logic. Whether the bond is 150k or 1 million, the three above fators don't change. If the Court originally found the above to be true at 150k, than greater financial solvency and a bond of 1 million does not make his appearance THAT much more likely, or protect society any further, or uphold the integrity of the process at a higher level.

MoneySRH PM MoneySRH
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8277
Texas
 
MoneySRH
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 9:39:34 AM
Z tried to use his daddy to get him out of trouble for the fourth time. Everyone knows Z’s all buddy…buddy with the police chief. Z was never tested for alcohol or drugs in his system. It’s known that Z has a history of aggression and violence. Then he lies about how much money he has. I’m sorry, but if you tell shady stories, use special treatment to get out of trouble, have a troubled history, lie about your finances and passport under oath, and call 911emergency dispatch for help and not follow their direction, and someone was killed. I feel zero sympathy and I hope you get whatever you deserve. Z might get away with murder, but at least he will serve some time in a hellhole.
mattbrot PM mattbrot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 6577
United States
 
mattbrot
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 9:47:12 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/george-zimmermans-bond-re_n_1563304.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D166412

 

And I could not DISAGREE more.

The Court contends that he was disingenious about finances. Even if true, what does that have to do with the usual bail issues, upholding the integrity of the process, the protection of society, or the appearance of the Defendant?

It defies logic. Whether the bond is 150k or 1 million, the three above fators don't change. If the Court originally found the above to be true at 150k, than greater financial solvency and a bond of 1 million does not make his appearance THAT much more likely, or protect society any further, or uphold the integrity of the process at a higher level.


I am not sure how this went down. Did he lie under oath? Regardless of how trivial the issue is a lie under oath is a lie under oath.  I also wonder if there is more to it than just being disingenuous about his finances. 
djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14322
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 12:01:29 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by MoneySRH:

Z tried to use his daddy to get him out of trouble for the fourth time. Everyone knows Z’s all buddy…buddy with the police chief. Z was never tested for alcohol or drugs in his system. It’s known that Z has a history of aggression and violence. Then he lies about how much money he has. I’m sorry, but if you tell shady stories, use special treatment to get out of trouble, have a troubled history, lie about your finances and passport under oath, and call 911emergency dispatch for help and not follow their direction, and someone was killed. I feel zero sympathy and I hope you get whatever you deserve. Z might get away with murder, but at least he will serve some time in a hellhole.

That all may or may not be true but it doesn't have any relevance to bail. If he was a danger to society or had a risk of flight, his financial solvency or lack thereof isn't relevant.

djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14322
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 12:02:51 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by mattbrot:


I am not sure how this went down. Did he lie under oath? Regardless of how trivial the issue is a lie under oath is a lie under oath.  I also wonder if there is more to it than just being disingenuous about his finances. 

And again, that all may be completely true. But it doesn't change the actual bail issue.

It may, however, open Zimmerman up to questions of credibility on cross-examination.

don juan PM don juan
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 5433
Florida
 
don juan
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 2:18:14 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

That all may or may not be true but it doesn't have any relevance to bail. If he was a danger to society or had a risk of flight, his financial solvency or lack thereof isn't relevant.

Brows, you have a point about not being a danger to society, but, a flight risk ? ahh.. Maybe.

You know this judge cannot take that chance. Remember, this judge is under a lot of pressure in this case. What if Zimmerman actually did fly the coop ? The black radical activists could cause an uproar, which could result in riots in every city across this great country.  Ala, Rodney King riots.

Moreover, Zimmerman has shown he is a guy that does not like to follow directions. He was told to turn over his passport, he did, but, not both. He certainly knew that the judge wanted both of them when his wife reminded him about the other. And secondly, during the 911 call he was told not to continue the pursuit by the operator, what did he do ? Kept right on chasing Martin, with a weapon.

And, as I mentioned earlier, Zimmerman will be found guilty of some count, he will not walk.

Our inner cities are in a continued recession, and ready to expode again. I think the Judge is quite aware of that.

 

dl36 PM dl36
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 27598
United States
 
dl36
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 2:49:30 PM
I think that this all proves his 100% innocence...

He was so sure of winning his case that he kept a passport to go on his celebration vacation...  he also kept the money for his celebration vacation also...

I mean those are the facts and there is no other possible explanation becasue we all know he is 100% innocent...

and the fact that he did his passport scam 2 weeks after murdering trayvon only confirms what we already know about his 100% innocence...  because he knew he was going to walk after the trial
depeche2 PM depeche2
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 67006
Illinois
 
depeche2
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 2:57:52 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/george-zimmermans-bond-re_n_1563304.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D166412

 

And I could not DISAGREE more.

The Court contends that he was disingenious about finances. Even if true, what does that have to do with the usual bail issues, upholding the integrity of the process, the protection of society, or the appearance of the Defendant?

It defies logic. Whether the bond is 150k or 1 million, the three above fators don't change. If the Court originally found the above to be true at 150k, than greater financial solvency and a bond of 1 million does not make his appearance THAT much more likely, or protect society any further, or uphold the integrity of the process at a higher level.



What about not turning over both of his passports.  He hid that and lied to the court.  You think the court should just ignore deceipt and lies and say 'oh no harm no foul'?  Seems like a bad precedent, if nothing else.  Everyone gets to lie with impunity about their finances at their bail hearing?
djbrow PM djbrow
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 14322
United States
 
djbrow
Participation Meter
Posted: 6/2/2012 3:31:17 PM

How on earth could he be considered a flight risk? I suppose if he was in California or another state that bordered Mexico/Canada, I could see there be a minor concern, but the guy has to check in daily, his every move is watched, and he has conditions with bail.

I have never seen a bail argument where someone's financial picture wasn't understated. Even if he deliberately misled the court, it does not change the premise of my argument.

Either he was a flight risk or danger to society before bond was set and the court still granted bond or he wasn't. His financial picture doesn't change the arguments for bail.

Forum: Politics
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.