Messages

Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
Author: [Politics] Topic: Have you joined the pro abortion movement today?
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13551
Location: United States
#51
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:51:22 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by be easy:



club, i can't speak for 14daroad, but personally, i think where your argument falters, is when you make this false assumption

but don't mind me, i would LOVE to hear the lawyers bicker about how us working folk should pay for whatever the flavor of the day 'problem' is



Yeah. I'm sure lawyers don't pay more in taxes than ditch diggers.

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13551
Location: United States
#52
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:56:58 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

be, what's false about it.  i'm not saying you should pay for other people's abortions.  i'm happy if part of my tax money goes there, but you shouldn't have to pay for it.  however, in our current, system, i believe we are going to pay one way or another.  unwanted babies and babies who otherwise aren't properly taken care of often end up in the system.  i've seen it over and over.  i don't know how else one can view that.  and when those people end up in the system, either getting benefits or going to prison or wherever else. that costs money.  who pays for it? 

His answer is that there shouldn't be abortions paid for by the government and there should not be government handouts to those who have unwanted children.

Doesn't really matter what happens to the children. That isn't his concern.

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13551
Location: United States
#53
Posted: 5/2/2012 11:00:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

statistically (because daroads comment on the racial disparity in abortions is correct) children whose parent would have been more likely to seek an abortion while disproportionally require the above.

==================

Well, welfare is primarly funded by the states and the states have a lot of say in the other programs you mention since they are state run.

So how about this, why don't we try to make abortion rare, and if you have a baby you do your best to raise it on your own with family or charity support?

I have zero problem with that in practicality. I think it is problematic in application.

I would be impossible to show statistically, but just by powers of observation, my guess would be that many of the children that we are talking about don't have the advantage of having extended families (one major reason being that many of the children we are talking about do not have the existence of support from one-half of their parents, this eliminating one entire vertical lineage of family extension).

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21146
Location: United States
#54
Posted: 5/2/2012 11:03:06 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

His answer is that there shouldn't be abortions paid for by the government and there should not be government handouts to those who have unwanted children.

Doesn't really matter what happens to the children. That isn't his concern.



so pay a lot later as opposed to paying less now.  ok, but these unwanted babies don't just disappear.  a lot of them end up in the system, many in prison.  prisons aren't free.  but our various governments love to build them. 
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#55
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:34:51 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by ClubDirt:

all i've talked about are the consequences- costs, crime, more people in the programs dj mentioned, more government, more law enforcement, more prisons, etc.

this is what i'm talking about.  i don't know why you respond to stuff when you don't read what you are allegedly responding to. 

Ok, so you're willing to abort a bunch of black babies as part of crime control policies and in the hopes of reducing government spending.

 

quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#56
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:38:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

I have zero problem with that in practicality. I think it is problematic in application.

I would be impossible to show statistically, but just by powers of observation, my guess would be that many of the children that we are talking about don't have the advantage of having extended families (one major reason being that many of the children we are talking about do not have the existence of support from one-half of their parents, this eliminating one entire vertical lineage of family extension).

Djbrow,

50% of abortions in America are performed on women aged 15-24 (women aged 25–29 obtain 24%). Do you think that parents, sibilings, or other family members are availabe to support women in those age groups?

I would think so...

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21146
Location: United States
#57
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:47:13 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

Ok, so you're willing to abort a bunch of black babies as part of crime control policies and in the hopes of reducing government spending.

 



again, save the race rhetoric for your meetings.  as i've said more once, i'm willing to allow women of any race to have an abortion if they want one.  the primary consideration is keeping government out of that decision and leaving it with the individual women.  a secondary factor is that not forcing women to have babies they don't want and can't take care of will have a positive effect on crime, the size of government, wasteful spending on prisons, etc.

again, i don't see the benefit to me saying something, you presumably trying to read it, not understand it and then respond to something largely or completely different because you can only discuss what you want me to mean rather than what i said.  i'll try to simplify and redirect you as much as my patience will allow.  i'm charitable that way. 
quote
glenndef62 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetDSI |
glenndef62
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 7507
Location: Massachusetts
#58
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:47:41 PM

Simple question, maybe not a simple answer.

 

Those who are for abortion say abortion is not killing a baby.

 

But California charged Scott Peterson with 2 counts of murder.

 

One for his wife, the other for her un-born child.

 

Is abortion killing a baby or not?

 

If it is, then the phrase “right to choose” becomes absurd.

 

If it isn’t, the California wrongly charged the aforementioned.

quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4226
Location: Greece
#59
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:50:47 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by glenndef62:

Simple question, maybe not a simple answer.

 

Those who are for abortion say abortion is not killing a baby.

 

But California charged Scott Peterson with 2 counts of murder.

 

One for his wife, the other for her un-born child.

 

Is abortion killing a baby or not?

 

If it is, then the phrase “right to choose” becomes absurd.

 

If it isn’t, the California wrongly charged the aforementioned.

The non parroting djbrow and I had this same argument months before. This was my exact train of thought.

quote
ClubDirt send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ClubDirt
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 21146
Location: United States
#60
Posted: 5/2/2012 12:57:02 PM
i think that's a fair question but not simple.  at some point, if the fetus has reached the point where it can live on its own if removed from the womb, then i'd say it's a baby.  prior to that, i'd say it's not a baby. 
quote
Coppsguy send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Coppsguy
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9280
Location: Wisconsin
#61
Posted: 5/2/2012 4:42:39 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by ClubDirt:



well, my parents did say i was a mistake (unplanned may be a better way to say it) and they were/are more pro abortion than me.  but unfortunately for some of you on here, i made it through anyway. 


Obviously i was messing around

i dont have anything against you
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 24089
Location: United States
#62
Posted: 5/3/2012 2:23:10 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by 14daroad:

I'm not "playing the race card"

I'm pointing out that this poster wants a bunch of black babies to continue to be aborted.

That fact is uncomfortable to he and apparently you.



not uncomfortable at all...  but to Spin the thread focused about abortion to Race shows that you perhaps it is you that is uncomfortable and needing to preach race rhetoric...

It is funny how you expose yourself on threads like these
quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#63
Posted: 5/3/2012 8:38:20 AM

 i'm willing to allow women of any race to have an abortion if they want one.  the primary consideration is keeping government out of that decision and leaving it with the individual women.  a secondary factor is that not forcing women to have babies they don't want and can't take care of will have a positive effect on crime, the size of government, wasteful spending on prisons, etc.

=================================

I'm so glad you're here to "allow" abortions.

Really, I am.

Anyway, you're simply not willing to say publicly what you believe privately. Though it is fun to watch you dance around it.


quote
14daroad send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
14daroad
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 9261
Location: Virginia
#64
Posted: 5/3/2012 8:40:03 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:



not uncomfortable at all...  but to Spin the thread focused about abortion to Race shows that you perhaps it is you that is uncomfortable and needing to preach race rhetoric...

It is funny how you expose yourself on threads like these

Except there is no "spin" anywhere, at all.

See, I'm talking facts. And it is really not intellectually honest to discuss abortion & crime control without discussing race. I'm sorry you can't see that, but you're not really interested in any critical examination of these issues.

quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 24089
Location: United States
#65
Posted: 5/4/2012 3:53:39 AM
facts about race... are you trying to educate us like scalabrine?

You seem to be stuck on the racial issue, and not only on this thread...

14 alias  = scalabrine of the politics section...
quote
dl36 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BetJamaica.com |
dl36
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 24089
Location: United States
#66
Posted: 5/4/2012 3:31:37 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by rick3117:

I am not ignoring women's right to choose. 

I am against anything "pro-abortion"


hard for me to think anyone is pro-abortion...

But it is always interesting to me  how certain groups of people are for more rights and personal freedoms and certain groups are for less rights, freedoms and increase intrusive regulation into the personal lives of citizens...

I also believe right to choose also applies to the right to choose NOT to have an abortion and have that be respected... The issue of eugenics comes to mind with people who are for the mandated choices and practices around this issue
quote
bowlslit send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
bowlslit
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4226
Location: Greece
#67
Posted: 5/4/2012 3:59:21 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by dl36:



hard for me to think anyone is pro-abortion...

But it is always interesting to me  how certain groups of people are for more rights and personal freedoms and certain groups are for less rights, freedoms and increase intrusive regulation into the personal lives of citizens...

I also believe right to choose also applies to the right to choose NOT to have an abortion and have that be respected... The issue of eugenics comes to mind with people who are for the mandated choices and practices around this issue

We don't believe a woman has the right to order a fetus to be ripped apart like a Zebra at dinnertime.

Its one thing for a woman to chose what she want's to do with HER body...yet another thing for her to chose what happens to the body of a young human being.

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#68
Posted: 5/7/2012 8:23:35 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by djbrow:

Yeah. I'm sure lawyers don't pay more in taxes than ditch diggers.



i don't understand, what you are trying to say here

are you trying to take a jab at someone, because you feel a type of way, about someone criticizing the role that lawyers play in the economy?

One thing we're both sure about, is lawyers like you, that support fascism, seem to avoid paying more taxes, then most ditch diggers pay in a year

like, when the fascist lawyers are at the race track, and have a big hit, do they do what is right, by the children, and honestly pay all their taxes on those winnings? OR, are they already being sheisty with their income taxes, by trying so hard to avoid paying them, that they go outside the law to avoid them all the more
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#69
Posted: 5/7/2012 8:25:41 AM
OR, maybe you are angered, because the last thing a lawyer wants is an honest discussion on where the "money" comes from that they "earn" in order to pay taxes on

is it from wealth creation?

is it from exchanging goods and services with willing counter parties, in the open market?

OR, is it from using the government as a tool to make bad laws, that make criminals our of honest hard working men, and then creating false demand for their so called services.

Why are lawyers so afraid of competition?
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#70
Posted: 5/7/2012 8:44:07 AM
you would think from reading this thread,,,that the best way to help the would be criminal, unwanted children, is to

1.) kill them before they have a chance to cost us any money

2.) pay more taxes

is it any wonder, why this country is so FUBAR?
quote
captjohn67 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Pinnacle Sports |
captjohn67
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12821
Location: Alabama
#71
Posted: 5/7/2012 10:12:15 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by be easy:



i don't understand, what you are trying to say here

are you trying to take a jab at someone, because you feel a type of way, about someone criticizing the role that lawyers play in the economy?

One thing we're both sure about, is lawyers like you, that support fascism, seem to avoid paying more taxes, then most ditch diggers pay in a year

like, when the fascist lawyers are at the race track, and have a big hit, do they do what is right, by the children, and honestly pay all their taxes on those winnings? OR, are they already being sheisty with their income taxes, by trying so hard to avoid paying them, that they go outside the law to avoid them all the more

call me a sheister, because i loves me some tax free money  

quote
djbrow
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
djbrow
Participation Meter
Covers Linesmen
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 13551
Location: United States
#72
Posted: 5/7/2012 10:52:00 AM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by be easy:

you would think from reading this thread,,,that the best way to help the would be criminal, unwanted children, is to

1.) kill them before they have a chance to cost us any money

2.) pay more taxes

is it any wonder, why this country is so FUBAR?

Second week of the month. Like clockwork... when the bipolar sets in. I'm sure that your mom will sell enough baskets this week to buy your medicine.

As for your (bizarre) comments. Lawyers, like every other industry and profession, encounter competition.

This really isn't a thread about taxes, however. If it were, I would point out that those who are wealthier also are the ones who end up with the most credits/deductions based on reinvestment, purchasing, etc.

But it is funny that you call me a fascist, yet you are taking the side of those in the thread that want laws oulawing abortion. Wouldn't that be a law, with criminal consequences. And whose in favor of that law?

 

quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#73
Posted: 5/7/2012 11:15:36 AM
where did i take a side in this thread?

you attempted to put words in my mouth

any government action, is a thread about taxes, how do you think the government funds its actions?

What do you mean, me calling you a fascist? You are a self labeled fascist, remember, you are the one that posted that you feel that OBamacare is Fascist, and that you support it,,,,,,

funny how you pick some of the things i posted to respond to, and left others ignored

you know why this is?

don't beclown yourself
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#74
Posted: 5/7/2012 11:17:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by captjohn67:

call me a sheister, because i loves me some tax free money  



sheister,,,,,,,
quote
be easy send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
be easy
Participation Meter
MVP
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15414
Location: Pennsylvania
#75
Posted: 5/7/2012 11:20:06 AM
Second week of the month. Like clockwork... when the bipolar sets in. I'm sure that your mom will sell enough baskets this week to buy your medicine.

what is it about leftist and their nonsensical sense of self elevation

yea djbrow, you are so much better then me and mine bro, well done,,,on ducking out on paying your fair share of taxes, and then coming here to criticize others. putting down those of other means of employment, that must make you feel like such a big man. did you forget your elevator shoes again today
quote
Forum Index : Politics : Messages Page 3 of 4  1 2 3 4  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.