Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages
Author: [College Football] Topic: USC & Oregon would have had the Best chance to Beat Bama
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32479
Location: New York
#1
Posted: 1/12/2012 8:45:58 PM
LSU got smoked ... only getting past mid Field once 


Oklahoma St lost as a 4 TD favorite and barley beat Stanford 

While I had plenty of futures money on Oklahoma St , they would have gotten destroyed ... NO way did i want to see their 100th+ ranked defense try and stop either Bama or LSU ...... Cowboys would have lost by 35+



USC and/or Oregon would have had the Best Chance of Beating Bama .....IMNHO 



USC has a Great shot to get there Next season 




Watch out for Arkansas out of the SEC , or Maybe Georgia who avoids the BIG 3 out of the SEC West 




quote
coolfool send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
coolfool
Participation Meter
Banned
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 3149
Location: Antarctica
#2
Posted: 1/13/2012 1:43:53 AM
LSU smoked oregon noob, Alabama would smoke oregon by 40
quote
degengambler34 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Mandalay Bay |
degengambler34
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2755
Location: Nevada
#3
Posted: 1/13/2012 4:27:57 AM
At the end of the year i still believe usc would have beat anyone in the country. They got healthy and scary good near the end.
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32479
Location: New York
#4
Posted: 1/13/2012 10:17:17 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by coolfool:

LSU smoked oregon noob, Alabama would smoke oregon by 40

LSU did not really smoke Oregon 

it was along time ago 

plenty of Turn overs in that Game 


But thanks for trying 
quote
bookieassassin send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
bookieassassin
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5893
Location: Texas
#5
Posted: 1/13/2012 11:05:16 AM
HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE GREATNESS OF ALABAMA!........THE GREATEST TEAM EVER!..OFF AN UNDEFEATED SEASON!.....here on Covers we should be CELEBRATING Bama !...huh?....not objectively.... evaluating ....WTF?................

*Looks like Ga Southern...who gashed the Tide at HOME......with a better defense could have won

The Tide .....with (possibly)...record setting numbers of NFL players ....can dial it up when they want to......
VERY STRANGE...didn't dial it up AT HOME.......the 1st time vs LSU.....now just a bad team with a stupid coach...
    *haven't heard the  reason YET....> just hey "we were better...we just didn't feel like playing hard "...we just wanted to make a lotta mistakes....so LSU would be overconfident in the rematch!....> turns out nice strategy.......

**Tide vs LSU?....1-1
LSU wins AT Bama....Bama at neutral site....with revenge......> conclusion?....LSU sucks ....Bama awesome!........................Covers Genius

Agree D-UP....
Oregon could beat Bama....by simply outscoring and ...late 4th qtr...Bama D tiring...recall Ducks got whipped vs Auburn really...but still just 1 play or so from winning
   *Bama homers will tell you Tide has seen speed like that in the SEC....which is stupid....but Ducks don't have the talent at WR to really stretch Bama D....
  *note> neither USC...LSU...or Stanford....ran effectively....vs the Ducks.....(none over 3.7/rush)

USC playing same style O....not so much ....but better than Okie St...who would get killed.....because Bama could get pressure w/o blitzing...and have the CB's that can handle Blackmon.....(unlike Stanford)     
quote
PimpJzH send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
PimpJzH
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 911
Location: Nevada
#6
Posted: 1/13/2012 1:59:52 PM
Oregon and USC should be ranked top 5 next yr to start, what happens if they face each other and thats the other teams only loss and the other goes unbeaten, think we see a rematch? no way on gods green earth. The media has gotten out of control trying to control who plays in the NC game and what will get them the most television dollars ESPN can go darn themselves IMO they are the ones holding up a 8 team college football playoff. They dont want all 38494898 bowls they televise to turn meaningless and get no ratings. Maybe before i die they will get it right.  I fully expect to see a lsu/bama vs oregon/usc NC game next yr. Oh and as an aside Les Miles should have instantly fired his OC as soon as the game ended pathetic 44 days to prepare and thats what you put out there?
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32479
Location: New York
#7
Posted: 1/13/2012 2:08:15 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by PimpJzH:

Oregon and USC should be ranked top 5 next yr to start, what happens if they face each other and thats the other teams only loss and the other goes unbeaten, think we see a rematch? no way on gods green earth. The media has gotten out of control trying to control who plays in the NC game and what will get them the most television dollars ESPN can go darn themselves IMO they are the ones holding up a 8 team college football playoff. They dont want all 38494898 bowls they televise to turn meaningless and get no ratings. Maybe before i die they will get it right.  I fully expect to see a lsu/bama vs oregon/usc NC game next yr. Oh and as an aside Les Miles should have instantly fired his OC as soon as the game ended pathetic 44 days to prepare and thats what you put out there?

I think Oregon vs USC will Happen twice next season 

Don't see Oregon slowly down Barkley 

The Offensive game plan for LSU was pathetic ....



I actually love the current Bowl System .... Thinking they got it right again by putting Bama in the NC game 
quote
DoubleUp4Life
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 32479
Location: New York
#8
Posted: 1/13/2012 2:12:34 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by degengambler34:

At the end of the year i still believe usc would have beat anyone in the country. They got healthy and scary good near the end.

They were heating up down the stretch ...

too Bad Pete the Cheat Fu*ked them Over 

can't wait to bet on them next season
quote
payne034
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
payne034
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 10299
Location: United States
#9
Posted: 1/13/2012 4:55:37 PM

your right double.....oregon didnt really get smoked as they were right there in it until the muffed punt td at the end of the half and that changed the entire game..

 

quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12397
Location: United States
#10
Posted: 1/13/2012 5:50:13 PM

If we're talking teams outside the SEC, I agree with you.  I think Oregon and USC would give Alabama the most trouble.

Oregon could cause Alabama trouble if they can put some first downs together.  Their biggest challange would be getting the first one (on each drive).  When Oregon gets to the point where they can dictate tempo, they're tough to stop.

USC could cause Alabama some heartburn becasue they do have talent that could come close to matching up with Alabama, and they have a legit QB behind that talent.

That said, I don't think either team would beat Alabama.  I just think these teams would give them the most trouble matchup wise.

 

quote
ksuwins send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
ksuwins
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 3581
Location: Colorado
#11
Posted: 1/14/2012 12:52:57 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

LSU got smoked ... only getting past mid Field once 

Oklahoma St lost as a 4 TD favorite and barley beat Stanford 

While I had plenty of futures money on Oklahoma St , they would have gotten destroyed ... NO way did i want to see their 100th+ ranked defense try and stop either Bama or LSU ...... Cowboys would have lost by 35+

USC and/or Oregon would have had the Best Chance of Beating Bama .....IMNHO 

USC has a Great shot to get there Next season

Watch out for Arkansas out of the SEC , or Maybe Georgia who avoids the BIG 3 out of the SEC West


Funny you mention USC.  During the second half of the season, when it was clear to me that LSU and Bama were clearly heads and shoulders above the rest, I pondered who could hang.  And I could only come up with USC and Oklahoma.  USC has the athletes, and the defensive intensity.  Very impressive.  OU as well, but this team struggled with injuries and the ability to play a complete game.  Chemistry issues (?) but lots of athletes.

Oregon...perhaps...but they rely too much on offensive momentum imo and if they don't get the mo-mo, their defense would be a massive liability vs either LSU or Bammy.

People knocked the two best team's offenses quite a bit this season. I think either one could score nearly at will on the rest of the Top 10.
quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.