Messages

Forum Index : Mixed Martial Arts : Messages
Author: [Mixed Martial Arts] Topic: Sportsbook.com opens Bendo as the dog in the rematch
sharpstick send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: M Resort |
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8152
Location: Nevada
#1
Posted: 3/7/2012 6:58:12 PM
Bendo -105
Edgar -125




Hopefully all the sharps can give us a nice plus again on Bendo!  
quote
sirchadwick1 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bodog |
sirchadwick1
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 264
Location:
#2
Posted: 3/7/2012 9:13:30 PM
I don't understand that line at all.  Should be close, but Bendo is clearly the favorite.
quote
MR219 send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
MR219
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 5162
Location: Ontario
#3
Posted: 3/8/2012 12:10:40 AM

I wonder if they will do this on the 4th of July show...

I sort of hope not.  Bad enough that I am going to have to see Faber vs Cruz yet again on that card...

quote
ctm1985 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
ctm1985
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1674
Location: Canada
#4
Posted: 3/8/2012 3:03:31 AM
I can't help it, I always have a really hard time betting against the champs.  So maybe I can join you on Bendo this time

That line is definitely surprising!
quote
jonnyg4508 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
Location:
#5
Posted: 3/8/2012 10:06:07 AM
Fight could have went either way.  And the next one can as well.

I figured they would have them pretty much at a pick'em and then let the public moves the lines either way.
quote
sawman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sawman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4080
Location: Alberta
#6
Posted: 3/8/2012 10:20:59 AM

I am really looking forward to the next Fox Card. I can see all the fights ending ITD, except for maybe Miller/Diaz (5 rounds, right? I thought all Main events were until getting confused this past weekend)

Has anyone seen the odds on Palhares/Belcher - can't find them

quote
jonnyg4508 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
jonnyg4508
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 510
Location:
#7
Posted: 3/8/2012 12:42:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by MR219:

I wonder if they will do this on the 4th of July show...

I sort of hope not.  Bad enough that I am going to have to see Faber vs Cruz yet again on that card...



I feel it will go down August 4th on the FOX 4 card.  That would screw up timing pretty bad though.  But I feel that is where it will go. 
quote
LONG-TU send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LONG-TU
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5478
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 3/8/2012 2:11:59 PM
Bendo again baby !
quote
sawman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sawman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4080
Location: Alberta
#9
Posted: 3/8/2012 5:59:53 PM

Dana: "Anthony, we have to do a rematch. You can wait for the winner or you can take a fight in the meantime"

Pettis: "I think I'll wait this time"

quote
keven vanlith
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1315
Location:
#10
Posted: 3/8/2012 8:37:20 PM
Its real hammer time on bendo this time with that insane line.

More strikes landed

More SIG. strikes landed (about 20 on each)

Slight aggresion advantage

Almost finished frankie 3 times-upkick-choke and last 10 sec. frankie was saved by the bell.

Ben looks so smooth and stylistic doing it and has a judge friendly fight style, always looking for action.

I would open this bendo -200


quote
GunShard
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Intertops |
GunShard
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1334
Location: United States
#11
Posted: 3/9/2012 8:54:45 AM
I'll take Smooth.
quote
The_HOFF send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
The_HOFF
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1132
Location: United States
#12
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:31:51 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sawman:

Has anyone seen the odds on Palhares/Belcher - can't find them


Not out yet. I think this is a very tricky line to try and set. I will be hammering one side if the line is close.
quote
gsprush send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: bet365 |
gsprush
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2087
Location: Ontario
#13
Posted: 3/11/2012 4:30:34 PM
Is it really that surprising? Edgar was 10 seconds away from going up 2-0 and he foolishly reentered guard only to get his face crushed in the second round. It was a terrible risk-reward decision that cost him the round.

And even with that mistake, a lot of people had Edgar winning 48-47. If
quote
esplanade send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
esplanade
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8747
Location:
#14
Posted: 3/11/2012 11:27:32 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gsprush:

Is it really that surprising? Edgar was 10 seconds away from going up 2-0 and he foolishly reentered guard only to get his face crushed in the second round. It was a terrible risk-reward decision that cost him the round.

And even with that mistake, a lot of people had Edgar winning 48-47. If


A lot of the judges had it 4-1 BH though, a smooth victory for Henderson.
quote
sharpstick send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: M Resort |
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8152
Location: Nevada
#15
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:40:18 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by gsprush:

Is it really that surprising? Edgar was 10 seconds away from going up 2-0 and he foolishly reentered guard only to get his face crushed in the second round. It was a terrible risk-reward decision that cost him the round.

And even with that mistake, a lot of people had Edgar winning 48-47. If

Even if Frankie had won that round, he STILL would have lost a split decision.  2 judges had it 49-46 for Bendo.

What is funny about it, is that it was a brutal price to have Edgar favored in the first fight.....he lost, pretty clearly, and now Edgar is favored again.

Get the money you lost on Edgar back here... this is a gift.  
quote
sharpstick send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: M Resort |
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8152
Location: Nevada
#16
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:04:49 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sharpstick:


Even if Frankie had won that round, he STILL would have lost a split decision.  2 judges had it 49-46 for Bendo.

What is funny about it, is that it was a brutal price to have Edgar favored in the first fight.....he lost, pretty clearly, and now Edgar is favored again.

Get the money you lost on Edgar back here... this is a gift.  

I'm re-reading my post and my last line seems to sound like me being a dickhead.  That definitely wasn't my intent.  
quote
sawman send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
sawman
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4080
Location: Alberta
#17
Posted: 3/12/2012 12:10:21 PM

I was on Edgar, and I definitely think thought he lost.

However I can see, according to MMA judging rules, how Edgar could have gotten the decision. As I said before regarding Sherk/Dunham: The guy who gets the crap beat out of him can win a fight on points. This was another good example. I've seen dif stats on "compustrike", etc.for the fight saying Edgar out ponted Bendo...  And I know looking at the fighters' faces doesn't tell the story.... But Benson hardly had a scratch on his face after 5 rounds and taking how many shots. Edgar looked like he went through a meat grinder, not to mention the purple ping pong ball that got jammed in his eye socket. I wish they had a way to score the fight on a whole, in addition to pts each round.

I may look this up, but if anyone has this info off the top of their head... In the past 5, and the next LW title fight: HAS THE CHAMPION EVER BEEN FAVORED IN BETTING ODDS? Off the top of my head I think the challenger has been favored every fight

quote
sharpstick send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: M Resort |
sharpstick
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8152
Location: Nevada
#18
Posted: 3/12/2012 1:38:50 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sawman:

I was on Edgar, and I definitely think thought he lost.

However I can see, according to MMA judging rules, how Edgar could have gotten the decision. As I said before regarding Sherk/Dunham: The guy who gets the crap beat out of him can win a fight on points. This was another good example. I've seen dif stats on "compustrike", etc.for the fight saying Edgar out ponted Bendo...  And I know looking at the fighters' faces doesn't tell the story.... But Benson hardly had a scratch on his face after 5 rounds and taking how many shots. Edgar looked like he went through a meat grinder, not to mention the purple ping pong ball that got jammed in his eye socket. I wish they had a way to score the fight on a whole, in addition to pts each round.

I may look this up, but if anyone has this info off the top of their head... In the past 5, and the next LW title fight: HAS THE CHAMPION EVER BEEN FAVORED IN BETTING ODDS? Off the top of my head I think the challenger has been favored every fight


Edgar closed as the favorite against Maynard in their last bout.
quote
Gimmmethatjuice send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
Gimmmethatjuice
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 127
Location:
#19
Posted: 3/15/2012 3:50:16 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sharpstick:


Even if Frankie had won that round, he STILL would have lost a split decision.  2 judges had it 49-46 for Bendo.

What is funny about it, is that it was a brutal price to have Edgar favored in the first fight.....he lost, pretty clearly, and now Edgar is favored again.

Get the money you lost on Edgar back here... this is a gift.  

I had Henderson winning the fight 48-47 but for you to say to he won "pretty clearly" is clearly just you patting yourself on the back and justifying that this fight was worth 9 or 10 units you put on it.  You know your garbage but this match up is clearly not worth that type of investment especially when there was more value on that card in the first place with Bader and Hunt(which I know you bet but the return on investment was soooo much greater in those instances).  Henderson won the fight but besides the 4th he didn't decisively win any of the other rounds he was awarded and so again "pretty clearly" is a bit silly.  There were many many analysts who have seen 1000 more fights than you that had Edgar actually winning the fight.  Props for hitting big on the fight and a win is a win but this matchup is not worthy of a bet 3x your standard play.  As far as the rematch goes, Bendo has such a huge size advantage that it will be tough for frankie to pull out a victory unless he can figure out a way to avoid all the leg kicks which ultimately decided the fight cuz Bendo's hands are garbage.  I'm sure since you're in charge that your book will open with Bendo at -150 just to insure a lot of action on Edgar but looking back at the last two times Frankie was put into a rematch, his game plan and coaching definitely outclassed that of his opponents and he dominated both fights as a result!! 

 Interested to hear your thoughts on Mir/Cain, there is definitely no way in hell I would lay -400 on Cain and might dabble a little with Mir just based on value.  Mir's hands are underrated and we all know his jj is top notch as far as heavyweights go.  Cain is a beast and has a clear advantage in cardio but sometimes a knockout like he suffered sends fighters into a downward spiral.  Definitely an intriguing fight on what should be a great heavyweight card.
quote
CappaDon send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
CappaDon
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 809
Location:
#20
Posted: 3/15/2012 12:54:42 PM
Wow sportsbook is usually the last site to put up MMA lines so Im pretty shocked they are first for once.  Looks like they are first to put up the Shogun/Rampage line as well.
quote
LONG-TU send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LONG-TU
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5478
Location: United States
#21
Posted: 3/19/2012 4:06:32 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by CappaDon:

Wow sportsbook is usually the last site to put up MMA lines so Im pretty shocked they are first for once.  Looks like they are first to put up the Shogun/Rampage line as well.

Hopefully Shogun open as a dog , cant wait to fade Rampy 

quote
keven vanlith
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1315
Location:
#22
Posted: 3/19/2012 7:17:43 PM
I am not sure rampage makes this fight with his current health

If he does, at this time shogun is -365
quote
LONG-TU send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
LONG-TU
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 5478
Location: United States
#23
Posted: 3/19/2012 7:59:26 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by keven vanlith:

I am not sure rampage makes this fight with his current health

If he does, at this time shogun is -365

  And I was hoping  doggie Shogun  

quote
jdr016 send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
jdr016
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4391
Location:
#24
Posted: 4/4/2012 2:42:32 PM
How did Edgar do in his rematches with Maynard and BJ Penn? Exactly!


quote
keven vanlith
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
keven vanlith
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1315
Location:
#25
Posted: 4/4/2012 4:55:27 PM
A draw in the rematch then a KO win in the 4th vs Maynard in the rubber.

A UD vs Penn
quote
Forum Index : Mixed Martial Arts : Messages
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.