Did anybody hear Herbstreit on Sportscenter about Mathieu?...

Forum: College Football
Author: [College Football] Topic: Did anybody hear Herbstreit on Sportscenter about Mathieu?...
packers1992 PM packers1992
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11075
 
packers1992
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:29:03 PM
The way Herbie was talking about him you'd think he died. He was like "he was a good player and a good person" It was how he said like he was holding back tears. I know Musberger's sad he can't say honey badger anymore. Anybody else see this?
cherokee10 PM cherokee10
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4536
 
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:41:04 PM
Herbie just says what ESPN tells him to say
Capper007 PM Capper007
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6909
 
Capper007
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:41:56 PM

Didnt see it, but i can imagine, they've already run like 4 feature stories on him in the last 2 weeks. And he has been giving them his idiotic twitter battle wars with AJ mcarren and saying he is the best defensive player.

There really arent that many interesting players this year..and he was definately interesting...was he great? no he was 5'10 and got behind raped by bama last year one on one! is he good? yeah..i think he got lucky with those strips, and no way he is in the heisman talks without all the hype around him!!

packers1992 PM packers1992
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11075
 
packers1992
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:45:00 PM
i know you buckeye fans don't like herbie anymore cherokee
Capper007 PM Capper007
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6909
 
Capper007
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:46:53 PM
He woulda been long gone at alot of programs already! but it is les miles so he must of really fucked up!!
cherokee10 PM cherokee10
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4536
 
cherokee10
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:52:01 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by packers1992:

i know you buckeye fans don't like herbie anymore cherokee

He used to be so out-spoken, but the past 5 or so years he sounds like a robot half the time.

ESPN prbly beat him for the NC picture w/Eddie George in '02.

packers1992 PM packers1992
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 11075
 
packers1992
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/10/2012 6:55:41 PM
its my thread so i'll say it. What number on herb street mr. kirk
bigvern1013 PM bigvern1013
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 2574
 
bigvern1013
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 8/10/2012 7:05:02 PM
Don't worry, every oregon game Musberger will be dropping "Black Mambas" at a 5 per half clip.
Laroja PM Laroja
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 11394
 
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/10/2012 7:12:29 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by bigvern1013:

Don't worry, every oregon game Musberger will be dropping "Black Mambas" at a 5 per half clip.

 

lol true

jdnmoney PM jdnmoney
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 9120
 
jdnmoney
Participation Meter
Banned
Posted: 8/10/2012 7:12:37 PM
glad I have UNT +45

Zoot PM Zoot
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 20169
 
Zoot
Participation Meter
Hall of Fame
Posted: 8/10/2012 10:00:29 PM
Urban Meyer reportedly seen in the Baton Rouge airport tonight

nc1capper PM nc1capper
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 16348
 
nc1capper
Participation Meter
MVP
Posted: 8/11/2012 1:59:33 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packers1992:

The way Herbie was talking about him you'd think he died. He was like "he was a good player and a good person" It was how he said like he was holding back tears. I know Musberger's sad he can't say honey badger anymore. Anybody else see this?
Honey "was" a douche bag, good riddance, Brent is a hero to gamblers everywhere for many reasons
jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13675
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/11/2012 2:45:10 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Capper007:

Didnt see it, but i can imagine, they've already run like 4 feature stories on him in the last 2 weeks. And he has been giving them his idiotic twitter battle wars with AJ mcarren and saying he is the best defensive player.

There really arent that many interesting players this year..and he was definately interesting...was he great? no he was 5'10 and got behind raped by bama last year one on one! is he good? yeah..i think he got lucky with those strips, and no way he is in the heisman talks without all the hype around him!!

Correct.  The Honey Badger was largely a creation of the media.  That this guy was in the running for any major award, let alone the Heisman, was a complete fraud.  I posted this repeatedly last year.

Tyrann Mathieu is an excellent kick returner, and a mediocre CB . . . at best.  He wasn't anywhere close to being the best defensive player on his own team, and this is before we factor in the dirty hit on Dre Kirkpatrick, and the substance abuse suspension.  But for the fact that Mathieu plays in the most corrupt conference in college football, he probably would have been suspended for at least one additional game for the Kirkpatrick forearm to the head.

These antics alone should have precluded him from ever being considered for any post-season award.  But alas, ESPN was not going to let facts stand in the way of their media creation.  That's why Herbie was on the verge of tears.  After spending an entire season building up this media fiction, it has all come crashing down.  The ESPN/Tyrann Mathieu divorce has come full circle.

 

jimmydafreak PM jimmydafreak
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 13675
 
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 8/11/2012 2:57:18 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Capper007:

Didnt see it, but i can imagine, they've already run like 4 feature stories on him in the last 2 weeks. And he has been giving them his idiotic twitter battle wars with AJ mcarren and saying he is the best defensive player.

I think we can also safely award McCarron a TKO victory in the Twitter war. 

 

Forum: College Football
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.